[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why does these actors, with active careers, and presumably huge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
why does these actors, with active careers, and presumably huge bank accounts, debase themselves by doing mobile commercials?
>>
to make their bank accounts even bigger
>>
More money is always good.
>>
File: bacon.png (178 KB, 468x276) Image search: [Google]
bacon.png
178 KB, 468x276
Kevin Bacon in these adverts was always confusing
although he is great in them
>>
The only one I knew about was Arnold and he's at the point of entering JUST territory.
>>
>>64112170
>>64112172
so sellout
>>
easy money
>>
>In cinema about to watch Star Wars
>Trailers have just finished
>Film about to start
>thisisit.jpeg
>Suddenly Christopher Waltz and fucking James Corded pop up for a fucking Clash of Clans advert
>>
Muh artistic integrity. You use the system, that's how you do it.
>>
>>64112239
*Christoph
Fuck
>>
>>64112239
*Corden
Even more fuck
>>
>>64112256
>Muh artistic integrity
this is a thing though, in my autistic opinion at least.
I respect them less as an actor afterwards
but fair enough that it's easy money.
>>
It's literally half a days work and it helps fund your own pet projects.
>>
>>64112203
There is no such thing as selling out. That term was coined by edgelords that don't understand how a capitalist society works.
>>
>>64112334
There is "selling out" but it's not about starring in some shitty commercials.
>>
it's probably a whole lot of money for little work
>>
The more recognisable your face is, the stronger your brand is, the more you can negotiate for.
>>
Maybe they're bored and want to work?
>>
File: why.jpg (4 KB, 109x93) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
4 KB, 109x93
>>64112334
>this is the kind of society in which we live
>>
>here's a pile of money
>No thanks.
>>
>>64112334
>edgelords that don't understand how a capitalist society works

One day you'll own that boot, anon.
>>
They had to find some way to pay off their mobile game debt.
>>
File: robert-mitchum.jpg (103 KB, 737x919) Image search: [Google]
robert-mitchum.jpg
103 KB, 737x919
so what are some actors that don't/didn't compromise their standards for a buck?

>Somebody says, 'We really want you to do this script.' And I say, 'I'd need an awful lot of money in front to do that one.' And that never seems to be a problem. The less I like the script, the higher my price. And they pay. They may pay in yen, but they pay. Not that I'm a complete whore, understand. There are movies I won't do for any amount. I turned down 'Patton' and I turned down 'Dirty Harry.' Movies that piss on the world. If I've got five bucks in my pocket, I don't need to make money that fucking way, daddy.
>>
I wouldn't mind if it was just Waltz but now every time I go to the cinema I have to see fat unfunny fat cunt James Corden
>>
>>64112625
god I hate him so much
>>
File: powell.jpg (4 KB, 195x258) Image search: [Google]
powell.jpg
4 KB, 195x258
>>64112605
>Not that I'm a complete whore, understand. There are movies I won't do for any amount. I turned down 'Patton'

bless you, Bob
>>
>>64112605

im glad he turned down both of those movies because they are classics
>>
>>64112334
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6zVUvmkyvA
>>
>>64112605
>I turned down 'Patton' and I turned down 'Dirty Harry.'
Good. He's a fucking hack. The Night of the Hunter is probably one of the most overrated films.
>>
>>64112691
Mitchum would have made them better though.
>>
File: unnamed.png (64 KB, 207x310) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
64 KB, 207x310
>>64112691
>>
>>64112704
good video
his point is applicable to music though and not in the same way to actors
in fact, actors doing these commercials are taking part in the definition of "selling out" that he gives
>>
>>64112165

Easy work with good pay, only a fool would turn it down.
>>
>>64112165
Problem is nobody will see them unless it's a superbowl commerical.

And by nobody I mean the general public, this commercial was spread to gaming niche sites and communities and most people don't know who he is except "that nazi guy or james bond villain"
Good publicity for him aswell
>>
>>64112165
Those mobile games print money, they probably gave him a few mil
>>
File: arnold.png (1 MB, 750x873) Image search: [Google]
arnold.png
1 MB, 750x873
>The best defense is... defense

Jesus Christ, really?
>>
>>64114206
Arnold does not look like himself
he looks like that obscure cartoon character..
or a proboscis monkey
>>
>>64112184
He and his wife got absolutely fucked in a ponzi scheme.

That's why he does them.
>>
>>64112292
I agree.

Didn't think I'd see Christoph Waltz in a Clash of Clans advert.
>>
>>64112184
these were pretty good thos fám.

british ads w/ US star cameos are usually well done.
>>
>>64112605
>didn't compromise their standards for a buck?
>literally says that he would do shit movies if the offer is high enough
>>
>>64114269
>>64114206
Best part is, he didn't have to show up anywhere. They just paid him to use his likeness.
There are other drawings of him younger, which suggests they just traced old stock photos and didn't want to get sued + publicity
>>
File: 1447365958408.jpg (496 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1447365958408.jpg
496 KB, 3000x2000
>>64112165
an actor loves EASY money before everything. this is why they are actors in the first place.
>>
>>64112165

i think this link should explain it well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8

although i do think theres a point where an actor can do SO MUCH shitty commercials or the like where it does taint their overall character which would affect them getting future roles. and thats why they have agents i guess.
>>
>>64112186
Arnie has been doing weird foreign commercials forever. Used to be that big stars did that to avoid looking like asshole sellouts to their primary market in the states. I guess now that everyone wants those chinabux, they're doing the embarrassing ones over here now.

Also I'm sure its a huge paycheck for an afternoon's worth of work.
>>
>>64112605
Mitchum is on the short list of dudes I would go gay for. Motherfucker is handsome.
>>
>>64112165

1. fun
2. quick cash/easy money is the best money
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.