[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some Capraesque flicks? I enjoyed Bridge of Spies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Capraesque.jpg (107 KB, 597x440) Image search: [Google]
Capraesque.jpg
107 KB, 597x440
What are some Capraesque flicks? I enjoyed Bridge of Spies
>>
File: verdict11[1].jpg (14 KB, 262x428) Image search: [Google]
verdict11[1].jpg
14 KB, 262x428
>>64111976
Check this one out.
>>
The Trial
>>
>>64111976

What's the name of that movie from 20 (?) years ago where Kevin Kline's a guy who looks exactly like the president and "becomes" him?
>>
>>64112116
Dave. Fun flick.

>>64112088
Way too bleak and depressing. Mamet is cynical and Lumet is a pessimist.
>Capraesque
>Of or evocative of the movies of Frank Capra, often promoting the positive social effects of individual acts of courage.

>>64112103
Love it but also focuses on individuals getting hopelessly fucked over by the system
>>
>>64112503
>Mamet is cynical and Lumet is a pessimist.
BUT YOU DIDN'T SEE THE MOVIE DID YOU?!
>>
Can you reccomend me a good Capra movie?

Hudsucker Proxy is one of my favourite movies ever, but I don't know much amout cinema to know its inspirations if there are any.
>>
Never heard of this Tucker movie. Might have to check it out.
>>
>>64112503
>implying Capra is not cynical
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington would like a word.
>>
>>64111976
I love The Hudsucker Proxy, but hate that poster!
>>
>>64111976
Hudsucker was such a blunder, just the retarded title alone.
What were they thinking?
THE HUDSUCKER PROXY is such a retarded name for a screwball 50s style comedy by sam raimi and the coens.
WHY
>>
>>64111976
I remember that when I was a kid I hated hudsucker for the retarded name and retarded poster.
They should have changed that shit before printing it all over the posters.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.