[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ASOIAF/GoT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
The show is plagued by tumblr-tier writers and the books are never getting finished and also being actively spoiled by the show.

What was even the point of getting invested in this series? It's all lead to fuck all.
>>
we bookfags TOLD YOU when season 1 was coming out and everyone was hyped

don't even start, fat fuck will never finish it. Once the show overtakes the books it will become canon and take the responsibility of writing more off GRRM.

Its over man.
>>
>>64111181
The first season was good, just like the first book was good.

Then uhh.

I dont know what happened but they butchered the two following books

and that's the story of the TV show.

It's not really faithful, not even to the good bits of the books.

The Dorne subplot was so stupid, it didn't make any sense in the TV show the way they portrayed it. It was so pants on head retarded.
>>
>>64111181
>What was even the point of getting invested in this series?

If you like the books, then the point of getting "invested" is reading something you enjoy. I don't understand why people complain about the length of time it takes for one of them to come out. There are an infinite number of books to read. The only people who legitimately care this much are people who treat reading like tourism, and read maybe two or three books a year.
>>
>>64111260
>Oh shit they kidnapped our daughter
>THEY SEND A MESSAGE (THE ASSASSINS) BEFOREHAND (LIKE THREE WEEKS BEFOREHAND) ABOUT THEIR ASSASSINATION ATTEMPT
>SOMEHOW THEY WAIT UNTIL JAIME AND BRON ARE THERE CONVINIENTLY
>SOMEHOW JAIME FORGETS THE LADY TRIED TO KILL HIS DAUGHTER LIKE THAT
kek

It was so fucking stupid lmao

and then the person orchestrating royal assassination got forgiven by everyone

It's so fucking bad in terms of writing.
>>
File: robb.jpg (198 KB, 900x1329) Image search: [Google]
robb.jpg
198 KB, 900x1329
>>64111222
It's already overtaken the books. They've already spoiled so many things. If the show was like Season 1, I wouldn't mind it. But now it has become some self-aware bullshit that's too concerned with the culture it presents itself in.
>>
>>64111289
>kek
>It was so fucking stupid lmao
Don't make more posts. You are expected to know basic vocabulary and sentence structure if you're on 4chan. Stop posting.
>>
>>64111322
Oh look what the cat dragged in, a little bitch, kek.
>>
The show became too big. So they had to dumb things down for a big audience.
>>
File: Affleckbar.jpg (57 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
Affleckbar.jpg
57 KB, 531x471
>>64111181

It's for girls of all ages now anon. Time for us men to grow up.

>mfw reading the books the story felt some what male dominant and similar to lord of the rings (king after king after king after king) lots of political intrigue.

>mfw attempting to watch the show on mute and see non stop faces of women fighting, yelling, crying, and fucking. and what battles between armies there are at all are total shit, almost constant close ups of cersei and sansa. motherfucking sand snakes.

I loved the books and I fucking hate the show. I hate it.
>>
File: 1444415308819.gif (3 MB, 200x180) Image search: [Google]
1444415308819.gif
3 MB, 200x180
>>64111322
>>64111343
>>
>>64111548
The show has ironically become everything the books hate. Characters succeeding because they are that character. Forced feminism even though it breaks all consistency. Shallow ass politics that are meant more as filler for the actual "story". Fuck the show. It surprises me the writer doesn't hate it more.
>>
>>64111819
He probably does, he just keeps quiet about it because it's paying the bills. The only reason Robb's waifu in the show wasn't called Jeyne Westerling was because GRRM told them to change her name, since she clearly wasn't Jeyne anymore.
>>
>>64111819
>Characters succeeding because they are that character
Happens in the books too with Tyrion, Jon,
>>
>>64112024

I don't see getting stabbed or becoming a confused, bitter, alcoholic fugitive as succeeding
>>
martin is not a very good writer anyway
you're not missing out
>>
The Jews own ASOIAF now. The same thing happened to Star Wars. Lucas was a puppet and so is GRRM.
>>
>You want a women, but you need a bad pussy
Reminder that this was said in a show that won best writing.
>>
>>64112128

>compared to what

Compared to most fiction novels out there Martin one ups authors by having interesting characters you give a fuck about. If you think this is bad writing you haven't read many books in the first place.

That said, no he's not perfect. He even admits he wouldn't name himself as one of the best. He constantly admits to fucking up something in everything he releases.
>>
>>64112128
I'd say he is decent in what he does. Creates chaos, weaves webs, and he has a knack for being good at describing nature. He can write, believable, characters that are 3 dimensional and that are different from each other. Theon's arc is probably his peak performance. Jaime is really enjoyable but nowhere close.

I dont like judging artists by their worst work, everyone can be bad that way.

This said, he is leagues above whoever is in charge of writing the show and like I said - he isn't even that good overall. Just goes to show HBO fucked up
>>
So what would actually happen if GRRM pulls a tweest on us that ASOIAF was really dying Earth/science fiction all along? I kind of like the idea of Westeros being a planet which had technological setbacks due to nuclear war that resulted in nuclear winter(the long night), as ridiculous as it sounds I think it would be cool if he worked it correctly.
>>
>>64112274
No it wasn't, kid.
>>
File: 1424738487791.jpg (101 KB, 2006x1082) Image search: [Google]
1424738487791.jpg
101 KB, 2006x1082
>rushes through seasons too quickly

>oh wait this is a cash cow, how can we get more seasons

They could have made a closer to canon show, kept all the god tier parts in, and had a 10 season show

No KOLT? No wolf dreams? No BWB/stoneheart hanging freys? No manderly, lets fuck mance, who cares about him, right?

Fucking d&d are hacks, and I'm willing to bet they didn't get an Xmas card from grrm ( or a chanukah gift)
>>
>>64112533
Yes it was dabid
>>
>>64112642
>>64112642
>>rushes through seasons too quickly
>They could have made a closer to canon show, kept all the god tier parts in, and had a 10 season show

Pretty much sums up the inherent stupidity of the execs behind GOT.

They are probably ashamed they are adapting fantasy or some shit as they didn't keep the original name, A Song of Ice and Fire as the title but took the title of the first book.
>>
>>64112642

What if they actually split each book into two seasons each with ASOS being four in total? I wonder how that would work.
>>
>>64112642
All they had to do was cut useless bullshit like
>Show Dany barely at all, just the more important stuff.
>Remove Quentyn plotline and other dumbshit plotlines

Then they did none of that, took shit from their own hats and made it one of the worst shows I've ever seen

Season 5 was so fucking bad.
>>
>>64111981
>naming a nigger Westerling
Only dumbfuck GoT writers could come up this shit
>>
>>64112795
Dorne was the 1st completely OC plot line and it's the worst shit this show has ever seen.
>>
>>64112843
No matter how you think it through nothing in it makes any fucking sense >>64111289
and I'm sure I forget some other extra stupidity from that plot line.
>>
>>64111181
"you want a good girl but you need the bad pussy"
Does that sound like something a tumblrite would write..
>>
>>64112730
It literally wasn't

Now go home

>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>64111265
>The only people who legitimately care this much are people who treat reading like tourism, and read maybe two or three books a year
This is me. I don't read enough to tolerate reading a book series that won't have an ending.
>>
>>64112894
Poor guy he had to go right to Reddit, no real argument just copying memes.
I almost feel bad
>>
File: tam.jpg (11 KB, 243x251) Image search: [Google]
tam.jpg
11 KB, 243x251
>show stannis
>>
i thought the first season was fucking terrible compared to the rest
>>
Brienne became one of my favourite book characters in the series. She may even be my favourite.

Show Brienne is one of my least favourites.

Tells you about the adaptation, really.
>>
>>64112843
Asha, Shirtless Ramsay and the dogs is a close second
>>
>>64111322
hello reddit
>>
>>64111181
Could have known that years ago stupid OP. This is a Hollywood-tier franchise. Anyone with some basic critical thinking skills could have known that.
>>
>>64114121
GRRM explicitly avoided Hollywood because of that. But now GoT is like a blockbuster TV show so I guess that failed.

>>64113698
Because show writers think that strong female character means physically strong female character. This is why modern feminism is retarded.
>>
File: laura-roslin.jpg (212 KB, 1088x1450) Image search: [Google]
laura-roslin.jpg
212 KB, 1088x1450
>>64114188
>>
Is the programme better than the books? The books are shite desu
>>
>>64114230
I don't remember her face being so fucking fat.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.