[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is every fucking stupid ass cop show literally the same thing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: wiggum.png (110 KB, 219x350) Image search: [Google]
wiggum.png
110 KB, 219x350
why is every fucking stupid ass cop show literally the same thing and why do they still get ratings

how the actual fuck do they even get support to premiere, only to be cancelled because the same cop show is done over and over again 8000 times a year

"THIS TIME, IT'S FUNNY"
"THIS TIME, IT'S PERSONAL"
"ON, BADGE LIVES"

it isnt' funny anymore, fucking stop. It's just stupid.
Blue Bloods is the only one that's going to be remembered and even that's full of bootlicker propaganda like the idea that everyone who thinks it's a good idea to film literally our employees is just "crazy"

stop
>>
I like Luther and The Shield.
>>
>>64107209
the Shield isn't even a thing anymore but good point it will probbaly be remembered too
>>
File: Onlinsky.png (288 KB, 941x535) Image search: [Google]
Onlinsky.png
288 KB, 941x535
Chicago PD is the best cop show around these days. Prove me wrong.

Protip: you can't
>>
>>64107370
what the fuck that just sounds like a shitty spinoff full of propaganda

BOW DOWN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES
THEY WILL SAVE YOU FROM CHICAGO GANGSTERS WITH DREADLOCKS

most faggots who watch that shit have probably never been north of Kansas
>>
File: Voight.png (787 KB, 1268x711) Image search: [Google]
Voight.png
787 KB, 1268x711
>>64107417
I have my convictions and I stand by them. I don't care what anyone thinks about it. And you have your convictions. I see that. I respect that. Cheers.
>>
File: 70727-1.jpg (141 KB, 680x1000) Image search: [Google]
70727-1.jpg
141 KB, 680x1000
>>64107180
Try watching this OP, I agree with what you said but this is the exception. GOAT cop show and GOAT show in general coming through.
>>
File: CPDimbigguy.jpg (37 KB, 599x398) Image search: [Google]
CPDimbigguy.jpg
37 KB, 599x398
>>64107417
>remember how it was in the old days? run from the cops, get a beat down. shoot at the cops, it's death sentence

>put him in the cage

>you can talk right now or we can take a drive, and you better believe you won't like what comes next

>you ever lose any sleep
>i sleep like a baby
>i haven't slept well in 20 years
>it's not because we killed browny, it's because you weren't on scene to save your partner
>...
>lets go, it's time

[custom escalade intensifies]
>>
>>64107817
That sounds pretty true to life for Chicago cops tbqh
>>
File: CPDSophiaBush.jpg (19 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
CPDSophiaBush.jpg
19 KB, 236x236
>>64107961
Never been to Chicago, just like the idea of a show about old hard asses running an intel unit full of operators who don't fuck around. It's like they took all the no fucks given Law & Order characters and put them in one show. Even the ''chicks'' are solid.
>>
>>64108197
Look up the actual black site interrogation sites Chicago cops use.

I don't hate all cops but fuck, there's no way to rationalize those spots.
>>
>>64108790

Fair enough.
>>
>>64108790
Me >>64109149 again. Out of interest, how do feel about shows like The Wire and The Shield?
>>
>>64109236
I loved The Wire, because Homicide gave me a love for cop shit in Baltimore and it explored so many different facets of crime and law enforcement. I haven't seen more than a few episodes of The Shield though so I can't make a judgement either way.
>>
>>64107417
>YES WHITE BOY, BLACK PEOPLE WILL NEVER EVER HURT YOU, BLACK CRIME A MYTH MADE UP BY RACIST REPUBLICANS
>COME ON DOWN TO ENGLEWOOD AND WE'LL THEOW YOU AND YOUR FAMILY A HIP, BUT MOVING BLOCK PARTY TO SHOW WE'RE REALLY ALL THE SAME
>IT'S 2015
>>
>>64107180

Why not do a cop show set in different time periods to make it more interesting or about the first modern police force?
>>
>>64110912
>he lets his racial politics cloud his views of how corrupt law enforcement culture is
You're being kucked this hard by the local government and you don't even know it, smdh tbqh family
>>
>>64110971
I'd rather them do whatever they're doing behind closed doors now than go back to 1970's-1990's crime levels desu

The meme "if you're doing nothing wrong you have nothing to fear" pretty much does apply to this situation. I can tell you aren't from the city and think it's a myth that normal people (working poor blacks included) can live in fear of being victimized by criminals every day
>>
>>64111191
>I can tell you're not from the city
You couldn't be farther from the truth familia, I'm like the only white guy in little Mexico in my city. Most people I knoe trust gang members more than they trust cops. At least gang members won't get paranoid and shoot people over a speeding traffic stop family.
>>
>>64111324
>lives in Mexico
>thinks all LEOs are corrupt
I'd say you're a little biased there
>>
>>64111385
>little Mexico = Mexico
I meant I live in the barrio part of town family, not literally Mexico.

Cops here are worse than the Latin Kings or Gangster Disciples ever were.
>>
>>64107180
>why is every cop show the same
Because criminals are by definition stupid people who do the same stupid things time and time again and it's the police's job to stop them and it's just a job.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.