[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Revenant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10
File: maxresdefault.jpg (149 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
149 KB, 1920x1080
Wow, this was some boring fucking shit. 2 hours and 30 minutes of it too.
I'm glad I watched the pirated DVD screener of this. Would have walked out if I saw it at the theatre.
Why can't Leo just accept that he isn't gonna win that oscar in this lifetime already?
>>
Well? Did nobody watch the screener?
>>
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>64106498
How does this belong on reddit instead of here?
>>
>>64106431
Then go watch Star Wars like a good lil goy.
>>
File: 858.jpg (39 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
858.jpg
39 KB, 720x479
"BUT THOSE SHOTS BRO"

>people enjoyed this mediocre pretentious garbage
>>
>>64107148
This so much. I would much rather watch The Avengers for the 20th time, than watch a challenging art film that can enlighten me.
>>
>>64106431
>>I'm glad I watched the pirated DVD screener of this.

>>DVD

>>watching movies in DVD quality

nice troll
>>
>>64107267

The only challenging thing about that garbage is the challenge to stay awake
>>
>>64107498
Confirmed for not getting it.

Stick to flicks in the future.
>>
>>64106431
it was interesting enough.
Leo-shills will say he was brilliant and Hardy tried too hard

Leo shouldnt have been cast 2bh
>>
>>64107148
>I don't get it so let me use a buzzword I also don't understand to describe it
>pretentious
>>
>>64107661
>>64107532

>don't get it
>story is as basic as it gets
>literally nothing TO get

You can pull those psuedo intellectual cop outs when damage controlling Hack Lynches movies like Mullholland Dive but not this generic piece of boring trash
>>
>>64107498

>he falls asleep during movies
If only movies were only as long as reddit thread titles
>>
>>64106431
correct, just a vehicle for narcissistic actors to get oscar nominations, complete boring shit for audience.
>>
>>64107680

So since it didn't have some Nolan-tier plot twist at the end, there was nothing to"get"?
>>
>>64107680
>literally nothing TO get

I bet you think that his visions were there to just look cool. The film is packed with metaphor.
>>
>>64107707

What was there to get m8

>>64107741

Yea, it metaphorically and pre emptively told me how fucking shit it was gonna be.
>>
>>64107741
hamfisted metaphors dont automatically make it good

just shit for smug redditors to wank over how they 'got it'
>>
>>64106431
This is why kids these days are a lost generation.

What you do not understand is not all movies need deep plots and not all movies are good on a laptop screen.

This film is supposed to bring you in and surround you with grit and brutality, as if you were living in a virtual reality simulation, its the best achievement in cinematography in movie history + sound design of the gods.

Fuck DiCaprio you should be able to love the movie just based on how damn good the technical side was.
>>
>>64107777
What do you mean by hamfisted? It's all extremely subtle and well done.
>>
>>64107783
it was boring and failed at its objective
>>
> wide open landscape shots
> oscar for that spic Chivo

Im mexican and i hate taht bastard, what he does is plain common sense and tames nontalent
>>
>>64107777

Not everything has to be a puzzle. Just because a metaphor is easy to catch doesn't make it a bad metaphor.
>>
>>64107829

>dude hallucinates like a fucking autist
>"HOLY SHIT BR0, THIS LEIK HAS A MEANING, W8, LET ME WATCH A FEW REVUSE, READ THE WIKIS AND A FEW FORUM POSTS AND THEN I'LL TELL YOU HOW INTELLIGENTZ THE META4Z IZ M8!"

Fuck off you ugly cunt
>>
>>64107830
What objective is that? To entertain? I was entertained.

Also the real objective of a film is to show you art. The Revenant definitely did.
>>
I was considering watching this because I like outdoors movies, but the thought of watching a mediocre actor aggressively over-act for two and half hours is kind of off putting.
>>
>>64106431
HOW DARE YOU FUCKING STUNT HIS CAREER

MONTHS....MONTHS IN THE SNOW MAKING POTTERY
>>
File: supremest.jpg (101 KB, 1300x731) Image search: [Google]
supremest.jpg
101 KB, 1300x731
>>64107887

>Also the real objective of a film is to show you art

The supremest of Gentlemen
>>
>>64107871
Have you actually never watched an art film before?

I'm trying to understand why you would completely break down like this. Are you just angry at yourself for not being intelligent enough to understand the film?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CfCbM0wNPY

The score was bretteh good though
>>
File: 1444843860930.jpg (367 KB, 1361x768) Image search: [Google]
1444843860930.jpg
367 KB, 1361x768
>>64107923
Nice dodge.

If you post a meme pic and some meaningless green text you don't need to address the argument, huh? Nice tactic.
>>
>>64107923
Tbh a majority of those scenes didn't have to be in the movie at all
>like the change from day to night
>the entire Indian man arc
>starring into, literally, the fucking camera
>>
>>64107940

You don't get it.
>>
>>64107965
The soundtrack actually really stuck out to me. It felt like it was used for the wrong movie.

Felt like it was too loud and artificial.
>>
>>64107981
What don't I get?
>>
Why does reddit hate art?
>>
>>64108072
They're too base to understand/appretiate it.

>Better say it sucks and people who like it are pretentious, rather than actually spend time on trying to understand it!
>>
File: supreme.jpg (30 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
supreme.jpg
30 KB, 1280x720
>>64107975

There's no argument. You claimed there are a bunch of metaphors (none of which you have listed) and for some strange (yet strangely obnoxious) reason you think metaphors =/= good/entertaining movie.

I'll film myself opening Fortune Cookies if that's all it takes for your praise
>>
>>64108022

all of it

>>64108119

You didn't understand it either
>>
>watch a movie intended to be watched on a big cinema screen on a small laptop
>"WOOOW it's soo bad am I right?"

epic
>>
>>64108134
>You claimed there are a bunch of metaphors (none of which you have listed)

You never asked me to list any metaphors. Also why would I list them? surely it would be better to talk analytically about the film? If you wanted to do so, I would be willing.

>and for some strange (yet strangely obnoxious) reason you think metaphors =/= good/entertaining movie.

Where did I imply that this is what I think? I enjoy art. Art is deep and complex. Any great work of art takes time to understand. There are mysteries, and secrets within it.

Trying to understand what an artist means to show you through his work brings great pleasure to me. The message then sticks and lingers in your mind. You absorb what he has to say, rather than simply be told what he means by this, which would not produce the same effect. If the artist can do this, while at the same time producing a beautiful work then I know that I am in good company.

If you enjoy dumb 'entertainment' then props to you buddy. I'm sure the new superhero film is coming out soon. Art in the other hand takes effort to appreciate.
>>
File: Malick.jpg (126 KB, 482x378) Image search: [Google]
Malick.jpg
126 KB, 482x378
>>64108154
You can't explain what I don't understand I see.

You have no argument. Give up, kiddo.
>>
Hello,

The film is about a man who has his son get dead and he doesnt happy this so he go and kill the man who did this.

Even though he kill the man who do this he still haunted by ghosts of strange native women, probably a native woman that he did a kill on becuase early in film there is a scene where they do a kill on.

It was a perfect film I give it a good 6/10
>>
>>64108318
The natives weren't ghosts.
>>
>>64108343
yes they were movie is called revenant which means come back from dead
>>
>>64108240

>You never asked me to list any metaphors. Also why would I list them? surely it would be better to talk analytically about the film? If you wanted to do so, I would be willing.

Nice argument, sounds like you didn't understand it.

>Where did I imply that this is what I think? I enjoy art. Art is deep and complex

Nah, I just don't think you understood it mate.

>>64108299

Yea, you neither

Shame, it's a supreme movie, of top gentlemen calibre. I recommend a repeat viewing in a week or so to let the movies subtle undertones melt into your brain, maybe you'll understand it next time?
>>
I haven't really liked any of Inarritu's other films, Birdman especially left a bad taste in my mouth. I went into The Revenant expecting to be bored, but I ended up loving it.

The Hateful Eight on the other hand...
>>
File: disappointed pepe.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
disappointed pepe.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>64108387
Why are you this butthurt? Did I trigger you that much?

This is straight up hilarious.
>>
It was a horrible experience. I felt like I was watching 2001 all over again.
>>
>>64108453
>comparing Revenant and 2001

I see you have no background in cinèma.
>>
>>64108449

Damn anon, i'm just trying to make you expand your artistic horizon, it's fine to not understand art the first time round, it's subjective after all and maybe this was a bit to heavy for you (possibly?).

Like I said, give it a week and try a repeat viewing! I hope you understand it then!
>>
File: image.jpg (344 KB, 869x1122) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
344 KB, 869x1122
>>64106431
I disliked Birdman but loved Revenant.
It's probably because it didn't have the sophomoric "Im an artist!" Thing Birdman was going for.
Also the long takes were natural. Birdman went out of its way to do the one take effect. In revenant it knew when to cut.
The hallucinations were kinds pretentious but I liked their dreamy aesthetic. Like what was the point of the son turning into a tree, the bell with no sound and the mountain of deer skulls?
>>
>>64108496
>he posted it again

You're not funny. I was right. You're just lazy/stupid.
>>
>>64108476
>long winded flick-tier movies directed by redditors

that's all there is to know m8
>>
File: 1431689298612.jpg (47 KB, 303x566) Image search: [Google]
1431689298612.jpg
47 KB, 303x566
>>64108508

>"I just continue to respond to let you know how not mad I am"
>>
File: 1445141300509.jpg (128 KB, 587x504) Image search: [Google]
1445141300509.jpg
128 KB, 587x504
>>64108643
This entire post proves otherwise: >>64108387
>>
>>64108679

I don't think you understood my intentions. Like you didn't understand the Revenant
>>
>>64106431
but would you actually walk out of the theatre? i cant believe people feel that strongly about movies. i sure wouldn't i paid and i am going to get my money's worth and fart and be obnoxious as i want
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.