[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that part in the beginning where Ryuichi Sakomoto's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
>that part in the beginning where Ryuichi Sakomoto's score turns into the natural sound of the water flowing

Fuck man. So many brilliant moments like this. MOTY by a large margin. Stop talking about Star Wars and talk about this.
>>
/mu/ here

How are people watching this movie if it's not oit til January 8th?

>inb4 reddit
>>
Hateful Eight is better.
>>
>>64103856
Screener leaked. LA/NY release date
>>
>>64103786
>Ryuichi Sakomoto's score
sold
>>
>>64103881
Hateful Eight is the dirt worst film of 2015.
>>
>>64103901
It's an excellent score. Sucks that the Oscars snubbed him for it though.
>>
>>64103891
Thanks senpai. Never watched a screener before, but wouldn't it just be worth going to the movies for a film like this?

Teach me your ways, /tv/.
>>
>>64103881

Hateful was very entertaining and fun but its the significantly inferior piece of art.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CfCbM0wNPY
>>
>>64103937

I saw the screener but I wished I had seen the movie at the theater, will still go watch it but my initial reaction won't be the same. My advice would be to wait for the theater it will be much sweeter that way.
>>
File: therocksmile23.gif (1 MB, 256x147) Image search: [Google]
therocksmile23.gif
1 MB, 256x147
>>64103987
Thanks, man.
>>
Someone post the bear webms
>>
watched this and that krays movie back to back. is there anything tom hardy can't do?

he's underrated as fuck.
>>
>>64104304
He had an excellent 2015 with those movies and Mad Max
>>
>>64104304
Tom stole the movie for sure.
>>
It was beautiful and I was almost going to forgive it for its annoying mistakes like >muh noble savages, french rape scene out of nowhere, and the fact that the kid couldn't find hawks body yet a half dead leo could crawl to it within seconds. BUT at the climatic battle, which was probably one of the most gruesome and tension filled I've ever seen, the fucking Deus ex Machindians show up out of nowhere and scalp Hardy for no fucking reason. I mean WTF was that. Seriously ruined the movie for me.
>>
>>64104736
Hardy's character was going to die anyway. Just accept that beat for what it was.
>>
>>64104736

The indians throughout the whole movie are looking for the chiefs daughter. Who Leo liberates from the french rapist. The don't scalp Hardy for no reason, these "noble savages" have been on a white people killing spree, they spare Leo because he helped the chiefs daughter.
>>
>>64104824
no it was dumb as fuck. It should have ended with Leo killing him in anger and then realizing what Hardy said was true with a look of utter defeat on his face.
>>
>>64104386
>Mad Max
That film was shit
>>
File: Tom-Hardy-The-Revenant.jpg (320 KB, 940x545) Image search: [Google]
Tom-Hardy-The-Revenant.jpg
320 KB, 940x545
>>64103786

The scenery was kinda nice but pretty bleak, they really should have filmed in the summer.

The movie is pretty boring.

Way too much time spent on DiCaprio crawling and limping around.

Tom Hardy does a better job then DiCaprio

Also, the missing Indian girl storyline confused me?;

The Indians attack the American camp looking for the Indian Girl.
She’s not there and never was there as far as I could tell?
The Indians trade the captured American furs to French trappers for horses and ammo in their quest to find the Indian Girl.
Much later in the movie, the French trappers somehow have the Indian Girl
DiCaprio saves her and she runs off
At some point off-screen, the Indians find her
DiCaprio beats up Tom Hardy
About to kill him
Suddenly the Indians, now with Indian Girl show up
DiCaprio lets the Indians kill Tom Hardy

WTF, man?
>>
>>64104946
this. movie was way too long and the story reminded me of gladiator, which was a piece of shit.

5/10
>>
>>64104855
The larger postcolonial message underlying that scene is that white man yielded to the urge to seek out revenge on behalf of oppressed native and instead let them take back their agency.They deserved to kill him far more than Hugh did.

Read or watch some Inarritu interviews. It's a very political film.
>>
DUDE TREE NIGGERS LMAO
>>
>>64103786
My favourite scene is when they're dragging Glass around on the stretcher through the water while the guys at the back start fighting and Gleeson yells "Don't let him in the water! Don't let him in the water!" with the native music playing in the back.

Fucking absolutely beautiful.
>>
>>64103786

It was very mediocre.

Waste of god tier crew and source material on DiCaprio and Inarritu. Shame really.

>>64103856

I didn't even like it, but I'll be going back to watch it on the big screen just for Lubezki's work. And the score, like OP said, is stunning.
>>
>>64105074
That's a good one.

I love the scene in the third act where the search party finds Glass. The way it's lit and shot. Incredible.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuhTUq6BwS8

This brotha gets it
>>
>>64104946
the First 75 minutes is almost the whole movie, the rest was shit desu senpai
>>
>>64104946
couldn't agree more
>>
>>64104946
Stick to capeshit.

Art films aren't for you.
>>
>>64103786
>meme acting
>meme cinematography
>meme directing
>meme plot
>meme ending
>meme music

nice meme reddit, upboated this movie :^)
>>
>>64107378
>meme x 5

fixed for you anon :D
>>
>>64107378
The Memenant?
>>
>>64104946

"Boring" well meme'd my friend

it's a solid 8/1Oscar
>>
>>64105301
this nigga aight

I didn't like the movie as much as he did, but I can easily see why people would love this movie.

The shit about the crawling is completely spot on. It's so ridiculously hard to act without dialogue
>>
>>64105301
>this movie is an experience
I'm sold. The /out/ theme alone gives me reason to watch this but every movie I've loved had me feeling like I just experienced something new.
>>
>>64107378
literally meme: the post
>>
>>64104854
Yeah, but in making it dramatic it is just awkward and unrealistic. Also weird.

Indians just show up and he just pushes him downriver for them to finish him? Then awkwardly walk by Leo for 45 seconds without saying anything? Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I thought it was fucking hilarious.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 190x318) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 190x318
>>64103786
I loved it outside of ghost wife and hugging a tree scene.
My favorite scenes were when Glass struggled to find the knife in his belt then realized it was on his chest pocket. That level of detail always impresses me.
My second favorite scene was when Fitzgerald got outfucking skilled by the decoy.
>>
>>64103786
The sound editing and cinematography is GOAT, the rest isn't that good
Especially how overly long the movie is
>>
>>64103927
>oscars
The fuck you talking about? The nominations aren't announced till next year
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 524x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 524x281
>>64103786
T R E E

N
I
G
G
E
R
S
>>
>>64108086
http://www.factmag.com/2015/12/17/ryuichi-sakamoto-revenant-score-not-eligible-oscar/
>>
>>64108307
Kinda sucks but as a standalone the score isn't all that great.
It's designed to make the scenes of the movie better
>>
>>64107378

What the fuck has to be wrong with your brain to make this post.

Are you 15 years old or just from /sp/?
>>
(or Ree)
>>
>>64108307
not very relevant but
>Quentin Tarantino has revealed that most of the score for his next film was originally composed for John Carpenter’s 1982 horror classic

Now this fact convinced me to see it
>>
>>64103786
Dicaprio is actually Oscar worthy but i think Hardy is outshining him on this one.
DO NOT watch the screener, should have waited for theater release, the visuals are insane.
>>
>>64105019
Famm are you me? , that was exactly what I thought it felt way too close to gladiator and/or the patriot.. you know.. a revenge movie.. with pretty one take shots, and that's it... Tom Hardy did a pretty nice job tho
>>
File: rb.jpg (20 KB, 434x136) Image search: [Google]
rb.jpg
20 KB, 434x136
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.