[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Hollywood so good at making fan-service carbon copies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (62 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
62 KB, 1920x1080
Why is Hollywood so good at making fan-service carbon copies of old Star Wars films but not Godzilla films? God damn it. I want to feel as good as the Star Wars nerds do eating up nostalgia bait shitty action films. All the Hollywood Godzilla films aren't Godzilla films AND they are shitty action films. Wheres MY nostalgia bait and carbon copy of Godzilla 2000 or Godzilla vs. Space Godzilla?
>>
>>64101653
>Carbon copy of godzilla vs Spacegodzilla.

I would cum buckets at the idea of a high budget version of that. Fucking love that movie, Spacegodzilla would be the bees knees with a budget.

I'm still praying for the James Cameron produced/Kathryn Bigelow directed godzilla x Mechagodzilla remake (point break proves this will be a hit)
>>
because Star Wars is the only franchise allowed to be fun anymore

everything else has to be dark and edgy
>>
What did you think of the latest King Kong remake?

I kinda liked it. The part where King Kong btfo's the dinosaur was cool .
>>
They're waiting for you to dump your wallet into the Godzilla vs King Kong movie
>>
>>64101653
Go cry about your irrelevant manchild obsessions on reddit faggot.
>>
>>64101795

The only good part of that movie was the bug sequence.
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 500x500
>>64101817
>tfw the producer said he's making it because "I want to see them fight"

Thomas Tull is just like us bros, he wants to get the origin stuff outta the way to do kaiju action

I can't wait to see drunk as fuck King Kong fighting against drop kicking godzilla
>>
>>64101879

I also liked the chinaman.
>>
>>64101879
I actually thought the big sequence was just adding to how bloated it all felt

>>64101945
Idk why, but I keked hard at this
>>
>>64101653
>New Hope Awakens
>Good at anything

Pick one
>>
>>64101653
>All the Hollywood Godzilla films aren't Godzilla films AND they are shitty action films.

Well here's your problem, you don't understand the central theme of Godzilla. Every movie after the first one is a kaiju fight movie. Those are the ones you're nostalgia jerking to. The original Godzilla was about how mankind is arrogant in the face of nature's power.

The 2014 Godzilla nailed this down. It was a great modern retake on the first movie.

Also, the first first movie and the 2014 one barely show the monster, as it should be. That was your bait. And that's all you need. The moment you start asking for more, you're treading on making the movie cheesy unappealable to the audiences.

And that's what this whole thing comes down to, selling tickets. You want your Godzilla movie? Then make sure you support whatever you can get it hits theaters. Otherwise, it'll join John Carter.
>>
>>64101653
Is it just me, or does that character's face look like a clitoral hood?
>>
>>64102318
I'm pretty sure you can have a remake of say destroy all monsters and it'll be far from a john carter flop. People go to see movies like avengers 2 just because teh recognize the brand name and want action, we go there for the stuff beyond action.

You can have it be both a movie with a message and a monster fight, you CAN have it big ways. Movies like terror of mechagodzilla, godzilla x Mechagodzilla and GMK prove you can have it both ways
>>
>>64101653
Because the casual american doesn't have nostalgia for Godzilla. Before Zilla, the average person had never seen a godzilla movie, but just knew about that craaaazy japanese movie with the giant lizard suit. Only dorks actually watched the movies. Godzilla was quite literally, a meme. Just something who's concepts got culturally tossed around in other media, but nobody knew the source.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.