[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he the most fedorafag character in the Star Wars universe?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 512x288
Is he the most fedorafag character in the Star Wars universe?
>>
>The Jedis existed for at least a 1000 generations
>still not believing in the force

I mean we know God isn't real, but I'm sure Jedis prove that the force is at least is
>>
>>64100359
But God is real
>>
he was great

Lucas ruined him later by making the Jedi a huge presence in the prequels when they should have still been a very small behind the scenes group so that most people wouldn't believe in them. Instead they have a giant citadel on the most populous planet in the galaxy

Bravo Lucas yet again.
>>
>>64100393
Prove it
>>
>>64100425
There are thousands of recorded miracles throughout history. And science has no explanation for abiogenesis.
>>
>>64100359

It was retarded how people didn't believe that Jedis didn't exist in the OT, given what happened in the prequels.

And it was even more retarded that people didn't believe in the Force in this new movie given that Darth Vader existed and that a fucking Jedi took down the empire.

Don't people in the Star Wars universe have cameras?
>>
>>64100425
Hey reddit STEMshit

1. Kant
2. Aquinas
3. Kierkegaard

Atheism and all extents (especially le science negro) are degenerate to a society's well-being.
>>
>>64100469
Maybe those miracles were done by some other god.

>>64100504
this isnt proof, try harder faggot
>>
>>64100522
If they were done by another God, it means that there still exists at least one God, dumbass.
>>
>>64100522
>some other God

If God is omnipotent and omnipresent, there isn't "some other deity", it all traces back to an absolute.

also, proof doesn't matter - empiricism is a joke since reality and logic are subjective. take the fedora off your head and open your eyes
>>
>>64100324
He's not really a fedora though. He didn't deny the force exists, he called it fucking useless
>>
>>64100550
Maybe first prove that there were miracles and they were done by "a" god then.

>>64100575
>proof doesnt matter

it clearly does, for you otherwise you wouldnt be answering the questiong.

>God is real
>show me proof!
>...
>PROOF DONT MATTER!

pathetic
>>
File: friendzone.jpg (45 KB, 500x479) Image search: [Google]
friendzone.jpg
45 KB, 500x479
>>64100612
>>proof doesnt matter

>it clearly does, for you otherwise you wouldnt be answering the questiong.

>>God is real
>>show me proof!
>>...
>>PROOF DONT MATTER!

>pathetic
>>
>>64100474
Because all canon material has to bend over backwards for whatever Lucas wrote, it seems that any use of the Force is ever recorded. Jedi just seem like robed monks carrying outdated weapons who have sometimes lifted something without touching it.
>>
>>64100612
I wasn't the person you responded to you fucking reddit solipsist /v/ tourist Star Wars nigger faggot, nothing is objective so every thought is valid and exists in some timeframe
>>
File: 1440834955793.jpg (63 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
1440834955793.jpg
63 KB, 450x300
>>64100643
>>
>>64100575
>empiricism is a joke since reality and logic are subjective. take the fedora off your head and open your eyes

>reality and logic are subjective

>tries to prove the existence of god through logic

I can't tell whether you are trying this hard to piss atheists off or you are this fucking retarded.

Not even a atheist, before you try to meme your way out of this argument.
>>
File: 1450552662151.jpg (105 KB, 1680x623) Image search: [Google]
1450552662151.jpg
105 KB, 1680x623
Can someone clarify the hierarchy of the Empire in this scene?

Grand Moff Tarkin is the head of the Death Star. Vader is Palpatine's agent, and technically isn't under his command, hence being able to choke his commanders with abandon. But is Darth Vader a notch below the Emperor? Or is he more of an enforcer without a real title?

Plus, "Vader, release him!" almost sounds like a command.
>>
>>64100612
>Maybe first prove that there were miracles and they were done by "a" god then.

There are thousands of recorded witnesses and testimonies. And as I said, abiogenesis itself is a miracle since it defies science.
>>
>>64100674
>nothing is objective

Whoah dude, I bet your friends love you when you spit wisdoms like that between two cheap beers, but this is too advanced shit for me.
>>
>>64100469

>old civilization sees something
>unable to explain it with their primitive understanding of the laws of nature, they deduce that it must be supernatural in nature (this is where gods tend to come from)

>some person makes up a story
>alternatively, due to mental issues, hallucinates
>over time, story gets accepted as truth

Two possibilities for such records.

Meanwhile, there are countless contradictions between the Bible and what we know about the history of the Earth through observation. Some old records made from people who we know to be ignorant + claims that can be explain as flawed by our modern understanding of the human mind vs. what we can observe with our own eyes. It should be obvious which one is more trustworthy.
>>
>>64100686
Vader is the Emperor's enforcer while Tarkin is an actual governor. They're basically equals. Also Tarkin and Vader are bros going back to the Clone Wars
>>
>>64100697
>There are thousands of recorded witnesses and testimonies

Show me one recorded on video

>abiogenesis itself is a miracle since it defies science.
how does it "defy" science?
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 310x459) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 310x459
>>64100612
Doesn't the concept of proof counteract the idea of a leap in faith? Why would you ask for proof in an ontological argument? Did Euthrypho ask Socrates for proof in Plato's dialogues?
>>
>>64100730
Because according to our understanding of nature, it doesn't exist.
>>
>>64100730
Not the same guy, but there isn't any (hard) evidence for abiogenesis. It still pretty much is a hypothesis
>>
>>64100686
Tarkin and Vader are both Sheev's top people, so they are essentially the same level in the hierarchy, and they respect each other to some level. Tarkin deals with the Moff stuff and the Death Star pet project, while Vader enforces the will of the Empire that the Stormtroopers can't do.
>>
>>64100771
>Doesn't the concept of proof counteract the idea of a leap in faith?

That's assuming that atheists see faith as virtue in the first place.

They don't. You are not going to get anywhere with that argument.
>>
>>64100672
>>64100474
Its not retarded at all. Theres 1000s of systems with billions of people in each, and even in the PT there was only maybe a couple hundred jedi tops. If you told the average joe people could really move stuff with their mind he would have told you to fuck right off.
>>
>this thread again

He wasn't claiming that Vader's sad devotion was to a fake religion, but that it wasn't providing him anything useful, ie: the stolen Death Star plans
>>
>>64100799
Which doesn't mean it must be a "miracle".

Fucking solar eclipses were considered a miracle in some cultures.
>>
File: faceofanother05.jpg (51 KB, 664x502) Image search: [Google]
faceofanother05.jpg
51 KB, 664x502
>mfw thought it was Stargate Atlantis from the thumbnail
>>
>>64100771
>accepts faith as the basis of anything
>dont accept things which might contradict his faith when they're based on faith

Your argument falls apart when I say I believe in Santa Claus or Slenderman. This is the problem with your "faith" because faith alone means shit.
>>
>>64100851
But I argue the idea of faith should stem from a blind leap, not an evidence based conclusion (ie Aristotle)

So I have nothing to argue if you don't agree with that, since it's an opinion.
>>
>>64100868
>Which doesn't mean it must be a "miracle".

I never said that. I don't assume that it was a "miracle".

Here's a *tip* my reddit friend, you are being baited by other atheists.
>>
>>64100946
Maybe follow the fucking conversation instead of self-inserting yourself so you can sound clever.
>>
>>64100942
>So I have nothing to argue if you don't agree with that, since it's an opinion.

>Opinion

You clearly have something more than a opinion dumb fucking nigger, otherwise you wouldn't be in this thread in the first place.

Let me guess you are a fucking Catholic?

You and your shit tier sophistry are the reason nobody takes Chrsitianity seriously anymore
>>
>>64100359

This.

A common mistake made by nutjobs is the assumption that thinking people aren't accepting of ghosts, psychic powers, and magical space wizards who see everything just because they're ghosts, psychic powers, and magical space wizards who see everything. We don't accept it because there's no proof. Every attempt made by these people to prove that these things exist in an environment where they can't pull out their smoke and mirrors have been tested and debunked. Their main evidence is circular reasoning and unfalsifiable claims.

If we could observe ghosts, if psychic powers actually worked consistently enough that it wasn't clear that they were bullshit, and if you could show us your gods, the scientific community would accept that they exist and get to work trying to understand how they work.

Jedi powers clearly exist in the Star Wars universe. They know things that they couldn't possibly know, can move objects with their minds, and can shoot lightning out of their fingers. If scientists took a Jedi and said "Okay, we're going to strip you of all possible tricks that you could use to shoot lightning from your fingers by means that we understand. Please demonstrate your force lightning for us", they wouldn't fall flat on their faces like a psychic in our world does, they would shoot fucking lightning. They could do it as many times as they needed to, in any scenario. It's repeatable.
>>
File: ohshiiit.gif (2 MB, 320x206) Image search: [Google]
ohshiiit.gif
2 MB, 320x206
>>64100897
>mfw when I could see why you would think that
>>
File: image.jpg (420 KB, 1252x1338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
420 KB, 1252x1338
>>64101036
Protestantism is literally the religion of cucks.
>>
>>64101081
Said the Catholic nigger with a cuck for a Pope.
>>
>>64100928
But your faith is not authentic, while mine is.
>>
>>64100686
>>64100728
>>64100817
Disregard modern Western governments where there is a concrete hierarchy of offices and look instead at regimes like the 3rd Reich and Tudor England, where a person's importance relied on their personal standing with the boss rather than their official office or title. In Nazi Germany for example, Rudolf Hess as deputy Fuhrer was de jure the most important person after Hitler, but Himmler as head of the SS had far more power, influence and respect. As the Empire in Star Wars is clearly a dictatorship not bound by any respect of the of law, then Vader, despite having no official position, has power over the highest-ranking members of the Imperial government solely by his physical power and standing with the Emperor. Tarkin is the one exception. Presumably Palpatine held in in higher esteem than Vader, at least where the management of the Death Star was concerned
>>
>>64101130
good rebuttal, reddit.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.