[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that enough time has gone by for us to evaluate. Be honest.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: onetrickpony.jpg (298 KB, 624x420) Image search: [Google]
onetrickpony.jpg
298 KB, 624x420
Now that enough time has gone by for us to evaluate.

Be honest. This was a hack show, with hack plots and hack jokes.

It was shocking but in the end there was no substance to keep it going. Seth McFarlen made his money and got the hell out with two shitty spin offs.
>>
File: 1444685856558.jpg (105 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1444685856558.jpg
105 KB, 600x600
>>64099780
People have been saying this for years OP......
>>
>>64099808
but now we've had enough time to accurately evaluate it.

sure people can say it sucks but now we have enough irrefutable evidence to prove accurately that its hack and old hat material.
>>
>>64099780
>not a star wars threat.

Ok, i'll bite. they're like the simpsons but the know when to die and just make shitty shows just for the payoff.

The Simpsons is trying to be a good show when it sucks.

While Family guy was a good show but sucks now and they are clearly doing it for the money.
>>
>>64099847
Dude you're slow. They literally mock themselves constantly how it's just a ripoff of the simpsons.

It's a stupid show with rapid fire gags where 90% miss and a few ones are able to elicit a chuckle and rarely a lol.
>>
The show tried to cram 100 jokes into 30 minutes and most missed but a few hit. It's not as good as the fans make it out to be nor is it as bad as "patricians" make it out to be.
>>
>>64100219
Even reddit says it's shit
>>
>>64099780
There's a Fanily Guy movie in the works

Seth Mcfucktoes is writing a treatment as we speak
>>
>>64100243
You mean the wannabee patricians on Reddit. The show has/had it's moments.
>>
>>64100284
HAD

for like 2 seasons
>>
>>64100243
>Even reddit
You've lost the argument before it even began
>>
>It was shocking but in the end there was no substance to keep it going. Seth McFarlen made his money and got the hell out with two shitty spin offs.

Is Family Guy ending?
>>
>>64100307
>defending family guy

no u
>>
>>64099808
There's been a recent influx of people trying to claim the per-cancellation seasons were good.
>>
File: 112.gif (2 MB, 248x373) Image search: [Google]
112.gif
2 MB, 248x373
>>64099780
Uhhhh...it's always sucked?
>>
>>64100743
Pre-Cancellation FG was better than most animated sitcoms. Judging it against its competition it's good.
>>
The first couple of seasons are GOAT. It fell off a bit, but it's still good for a laugh or two every episode.
>>
>Family Guy sucks now
>Family Guy was good when it first started
>Rewatch the earlier episodes
>The humor is so horrible and the references are so dated and irreverent it hurts

Each episode's story nowadays is objectively worse and many recycled, but the writing and originality has improved dramatically. Saying new Family Guy is bad and calling the older seasons good is simply a case of nostalgia.

They do not hold up at all.

Unlike the glory days of the Simpsons.
>>
>>64101341

>The humor is so horrible and the references are so dated and irreverent it hurts

Those are some hot opinions you got there fagtron.
>>
>>64100243
This is the moment where /tv/ begins to like family guy
>>
>>64099780
I think the point where I dropped was the bank vault where Brian ate Stewie's shit. I have no idea how that episode made it passed the concept stage. Did they really think people watched Family Guy for depth and nuance?
>>
>>64101341
You forget the first three seasons of simpsons was pretty shit.
>>
>>64102389
That epsiode was literally Seth McFarlane talking to Seth McFarlane

>>64102972
shut the fuck up you shit eating retard
>>
>>64103045
Who touched you anon? You can tell us. This is a safe place.
>>
>>64100743
>recent influx

People have been saying this since the show came back from cancellation.

Surely you cant be this retarded
>>
>>64103096
Ur mum lel
>>
>>64103096
>>64103226

rekt
>>
>>64103226
For someone who doesn't like Family Guy your "jokes" would fit right in.
>>
>>64103557
Just like that time I fit my entire forearm into your mother's vag
>>
>>64103580
Just stop, dude. You're not funny.
I'm sure you have facebook friends who say stuff like, "LOL" or "that's hilarious" when you post something on their status. But they're just being polite.
>>
>>64103654
This reminds me of that one time I accidentally leaked pictures of me ploughing your mother on the church Facebook page
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.