[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Season one of Fargo was fucking great. I don't know why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: fargo-tv-poster.png (2 MB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
fargo-tv-poster.png
2 MB, 1200x675
Season one of Fargo was fucking great. I don't know why it took me so long to get around to it, I guess I assumed it couldn't stand on its own if it had to borrow the Fargo name. Glad I was wrong on that, is season 2 just as good or does it pull a True Detective?
>>
First 6-7 episode are really good and then it jumps the shark, pandering to the more /reddit/ side of its audience.

Overall, a 5/10 experience which could have been a 9.
>>
>>64096384
Both Fargo and true detective are ducking shit dude, fuck you.
>>
>>64096384
I like season 2 more.
There are no characters that I fucking hate like I did in 1.
>>
>>64096384
Season two is way better
>>
I'm right with you OP, about to watch the last episode of season 1. I wasn't sure what to make of it when it came out, so put off watching it. I've watched it over the last week and I love it. The characters and casting are great, and it's odd sense of humor is enjoyable.

Molly is cute! CUTE!
>>
2 has aliens so it's basically fucking garbage
>>
I like season 2 a little bit more despite the ayyys
>>
last couple eps were a bit mediocre but it was still good, def not a true detective nosedive
>>
>>64096384
Season 2 felt like more of a chore to get through than 1, and there's a lot of rewatchability in S1 thanks to Malvo that isn't really present in S2, but S2 is still great. The villains make it a great experience, but I guess the idea that there's more than 1 kinda water down the experience in comparison (for me at least).
>>
>>64096384
Season 1 is great, but it's essentially a rehash of the movie with embellishments. Season 2 stands on its own. Also the season 2 soundtrack is fantastic
>>
Fargo season one was near perfect

Fargo season 2 is 7.5/10 , ruined by the finale and direction it went.
>>
>>64096728
Yeah that alien shit is dumb as hell. I'm just pretending it didn't happen
>>
Two was fantastic. I still enjoy one more, but two didn't see a drop in quality at all.
>>
>>64096786
>ruined by the finale
"finale" was ep.9.
ep.10. was an epilogue

>>64096728
>aliens
i believe thats how the "true" story was told, talking big, exaggarating things. Season one had it with the super manipulative supervillain Malvo, season 2 has it with aliens
>>
Don't listen to these idiots. Season 2 is great. If not better than 1.
>>
I stopped watching S2 after episode 3. It's fucking terrible and nothing like 1.
>>
Billy Bob's face was extra punchable with the haircut he had for most of the series. I really don't like him but he was pretty good as a villain, even if Malvo got pretty ridiculous.
>>
F1 = TD1 > F2 >>>>>>>>>>> TD2

Actually, True Detective Season 2 isn't bad if it's considered as a postmodern analysis of noir tropes, but as a TV series entertainment-wise it was mostly piss poor.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.