[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Unexplained daddy issues >Is basically a school shooter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8
File: hqdefault.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>Unexplained daddy issues
>Is basically a school shooter
>Emo as fuck
>Somehow thinks Darth Vader wasn't just a pawn of Sheev
>Wears a mask he doesn't even need for maximum edge
>Gets BTFO'd by two people in a row who are inexperienced with lightsaber duelling
>Constant autistic fits of rage
>Literally brought to tears when he's compared to Vader
Why do you guys praise him again? Sure his first scene was badass with all the stopping blasters and shit but the rest of the time he was just a whiny bitch.
>>
>>64094150
hes different from the other bads hes weak as fuck. maybe not in force but in mind and character so we actually like that he will develop in the trilogy
>>
>>64094248
No development doesn't mean bad villain.
>>
>>64094150
he was shot with a bowcaster, a weapon consistently shown throughout the movie to blast people several feet back when hit by it.
despite that, he still kicked finn's ass rather quickly, and for rey's fight he didn't want to kill her; he wanted to take her on as an apprentice.
>>
>>64094150

thought that was a mortal kombat character.
>>
>>64094150
I want his mask to wear while I browse /tv/
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u359DTP2GU

Best scene ever
>>
>>64094299
Losing to Vaders granddaughter plus a soldier after being blasted with one of the most overpowered mercenary weapons while experiencing tremendous secret turmoil doesn't make him a bad villain either.

It makes him fantastic.
>>
>>64094704
I want that modulated voice for always.
>>
>>64094841
It was what Bane should have been (inb4 baneposting). Muffled and modulated by the mask but still audible and understandable. It was the perfect voice.
>>
>idolizes Vader
>Luke blames himself for turning him to the dark side
>yfw Kylo thinks Vader was using the dark side for good and is trying to follow in his footsteps

Explains why he didn't have the evil eyes and was praying to Vader's helmet to remove his temptation to the light.
>>
>>64094150how is showing emotion being emo? The point of his character is that he is unstable. I don't see how he has daddy issues either
>>
>>64094669
He might very well become a MK character considering MK already had Darth Vader.
>>
>>64094150
You're retarded, anon. He wears the mask for intimidation, because he looks like a pussy. Not even gonna address your other stupid points
>>
>>64094150
>Why do you guys praise him again?
Because he's a deep, complex character full of flaws whose growth over the next two movies will be interesting to watch. You aren't some.. plebeian who only things big tough badasses are "good characters", are you? That would be really embarrassing.
>>
>looks nothing like ford or carrie
>some ugly crypto turk jew
>>
>>64094704
>>64094841
Adam Driver's voice is liquid velvet.
>>
>>64095411
Upvotes to you good m'sir.
>>
>>64095418
>insulting a United States Marine
Get the fuck out of my country you pinko commie terrorist jew. Filthy fucking subhuman scum. You don't belong in our land.
>>
>>64094914
>implying you can justify genocide
>implying he doesn't have Sith eyes is beacause he's not actually a Sith but a fallen Jedi
>>
What if Snoke is really Kylo Ren from the future? Snoke has a scar across his face similar to where Kylo was hit by Rey. Re-establishing the empire via the First Order would fit in line with the whole Vader thing.
>>
>>64095325
Wasn't that Soul Caliber?
>>
>>64095511
>from the future
>>>/trek/
star wars is about pottery, not time travel
>>
>>64095490
You realize people from other countries post here, right Billy Bob?
>>
>>64095534
Yes and who directed a Star Trek about time traveling people changing the future?
>>
>>64095511
Snore looks and acts like a shit tier cliche "I'm evil" villain, plus he looks like dogshit in CG. He's literally not going to be interesting at all or have an interesting backstory, he'll get his shit pushed in by the mary sue Rey while killing off Carrie Fisher or Mark Hamill because fuck them. JJ is a hack.
>>
>>64095585
>JJ invented the Star Trek time travel plot
Hang yourself you ignorant fuckwit, it's a miracle you even remember to breathe each day.
>>
>>64095439
OUTER
>>
>>64094150
>he was just a whiny bitch

Congratulations, you almost saw the point.
>>
File: 1450416356359.jpg (216 KB, 647x622) Image search: [Google]
1450416356359.jpg
216 KB, 647x622
>>64095511
I have many theories
>He's a new character and a powerful force user, possibly Yoda's size (which would explain why his hologram is so big)
>He is a past character reincarnated or some shit like Plagueis
>He is a reanimation of Vader from a dark side force user. Pic related he has similar wounds to his face as the distortion to Vader's helmet.
>>
>>64095493
Darth vader didn't have sith eyes in ROTJ
>>
>>64095530
Same shit.
>>
File: 1450416421713.jpg (202 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
1450416421713.jpg
202 KB, 1200x675
>>64095624
>>
>>64095589
Agreed. The quality of CGI and the the way the light played off his pale skin made him look like the Orc dude out of The Hobbit.
>>
>>64095600
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to ask you to stop this harassment while I go into my safe space free of your dreadful language.
>>
I think the helmet might have some kind of Magneto helmet type element to it. When he has it off, he seems to be a lot more susceptible to shenanigans. It sounds hefty, but that could be an audio trick meant to convey a "magical" or "mystical" nature.

I can't remember the exact movie or circumstance, but there's a scene just like it somewhere in my memory. A part where someone drops a coin or something and instead of bouncing or rolling it just stops very suddenly, even though there's no magnetism involved. I got the same general impression when he dropped his helmet on the bridge. It had that same cinematic trick feel to it.
>>
>>64095624
Sounds like an original character. Probably did some serious darkside dealings to get that deformed.
>>
>>64095600
He never said that he just implied we could expect that plot point because the director has done it before you pleb
>>
>>64094150
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e05juMPJVW4
>>
>>64095629
Because he turned back to the Light side before Luke took off his helmet.
>>
>>64095685
>a coin or something
Kill yourself plebshitter.
>>
>>64095624
I like to think that he was an inquisitor under Vader and Sheev an he studied the dark side more after the empire have fallen apart.
>>
>>64095693
"He" is an idiot (and I know it's just you desperately trying to backpedal). It's just a completely moronic point to try and make.
>because JJ directed a star trek film with time travel, he would put time travel in star wars
How fucking stupid of a mouthbreathing, drooling, infantile retard can you be? JJ used elements that were common to Star Trek stories to create a Star Trek film, and he used elements found throughout the Star Wars OT to create a Star Wars film. To suggest that JJ would somehow try and wedge in time travel to a Star Wars film is so utterly lacking in any common sense I can't even imagine the emotional crisis your mother went through when she decided not to abort you in the sixth trimester.
>>
>>64095778
Boy you're really upset about this.

Would you like to hear about my theory that Snoke is really Leah (or however it's spelled)
>>
File: 1444871245296.jpg (1019 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1444871245296.jpg
1019 KB, 960x1280
>>64095843
>pretending to be retarded
>on Christmas
Uh oh I responded to you, I must be dripping with mad.
>>
>>64095888
Jokes on you I'm really a she.
>>
>>64095418
>pale as fuck
>turk/jew?
because of the dark hair or what?
>>
>>64095843
"Y-you're mad" hasn't worked as a defense to being blown the fuck out in years, bub. Better hightail it back to Reddit before anyone catches a whiff of your shame.
>>
He's a character that is Pretty much defined by his flaws, I managed to feel sorry for him even though he was responsible for so much death and destruction, at first you think he is controlled by his anger but you realize all that stems from his fear of not being good enough.
>>
>A dark warrior strong with the Force, originally a member of the Knights of Ren, and commander of the First Order.[10][11] Driver said the team tried "not to think of him as being bad, or evil, or a villain. Something that was more three-dimensional. He’s more dangerous and unpredictable, and morally justified in doing what he thinks is right.

Taken straight from the WIKI
>>
>>64094150
Because he is the balance to the force that the OT has so overly propheticised,

>Not a sith, walks between the darkness and the light
>kills all remaining Jedi, thus with no sith and no jedi, the light becomes balanced once more
>literally torn mentally, the balance of the force is giving him schizophrenia
>idolizes vader without understanding the sacrifices he went through to become who he was
>doesn't realize vader was a frail, half machine half man who needed life support so wears the mask in tribute
>thinks vader was on the dark side to increase power to bring peace and order to the universe
>kills his own father to try to land him on the dark side
>constantly uses his rage and fear and anger to fuel his strength
>despite taking a bowcaster to the gut, having just cut up his dad, and incomplete training, still cuts finn up like a fillet-o-fish
>if not for shitty writing for rey's character would have beaten her but hurr durr muh force
>despite his loss to rey, now sets up for the next movie to come back stronger than ever, aka what they did for luke in OT and what they should have done for rey but muh feminism

I've never seen a character in Star Wars who is force sensitive and walks so narrowly between the dark and the light. He reminds me of the awoken in Destiny. I am very interested to see where this is going and if he is anything like Jacen Solo he is going to become one of the most powerful being ever.
>>
>>64094150
>Heard he is Darth Vader's grandson
>Wants to be like his grandfather
>School shooting
>No going back now
>Tries to be Vader
>Too hard to be emotionless killing machine
>"But if I kill someone that I love.."

What do you mean no development? Rey and Finn had nothing. NOTHING. Finn goes from Stormtrooper to a person in a mere seconds. Doesn't even feel like a Stormtrooper being unmasked, rather nigger pretending to be Stormtrooper. And Rey goes from girl counting days and waiting something, to having one vision of being abandoned.

Why are Rey and Finn even in this movie? Kylo goes from next Vader, to someone wanting to be Vader, to someone with difficulty to be Vader, to killing his father just to kill his emotions.
>>
>>64095381
>It's shown to be heavy from the way he holds it and the way it sounds and moves
>Evidence of being thick and heavy are the few dents all around it
>The mouth/nose is blocked off
>Probably dim as fuck, pitch black

It's a training helmet.
>>
>>64094899
Pretty cool how you could hear the resemblance to Darth Vader's voice when he spoke, more noticeable when he yelled
>>
>>64096259
>>if not for shitty writing for rey's character would have beaten her but hurr durr muh force

That's the joke.

He lost because the Dark Side actually doesn't make him stronger, it makes him weaker. All the times that he uses the Force effectively are when he's calm. All the times when he messes up, he's angry.
>>
>>64094150
>>Unexplained daddy issues
>>Is basically a school shooter
>>Emo as fuck
>>Wears a mask he doesn't even need for maximum edge
>>Gets BTFO'd by two people in a row who are inexperienced with lightsaber duelling
>>Literally brought to tears when he's compared to Vader
That`s all part of why he`s great you mongoloid. He`s meant to be a fucking loser trying to compensate by acting as badass as possible, even though he`s just an emo teen. That`s the point. If you think they tried to make him badass and failed you are an idiot. They made him an edgy teen because that`s the character. The badass villain is Snoke.
He`s every edgy nerd that watched the original films and wanted to be as cool as Vader. It`s meta.
>>
>>64097240
This, like, I don't know how they could have spelled it out more clearly. The moment he takes off that mask you see he's just a weak frightened boy. Hell, he throws goddamn temper tantrums.. I bet half these kids thinking Kylo was meant to be "badass" think stomping around and throwing a shitfit to show everyone how "dangerous" you are is cool and edgy behavior.
>>
File: grittlecake garry.jpg (35 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
grittlecake garry.jpg
35 KB, 300x250
I'm just mad that he's so ugly
>>
He`s the best character any of the movies ever had.
>>
>>64095778
Gr8 reading comprehension m8. I was saying that anon never claimed JJ "invented" the Star Trek time travel plot.
>>
File: OnlHT.jpg (14 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
OnlHT.jpg
14 KB, 500x350
Basically this, but taking itself seriously.
>>
>>64094150
You just described half this board. How could /tv/ not love him?
>>
Maybe he held back against Rey in the duel cuz they're related?
>>
>>64094150
That's the point. He's an obnoxious little edgelord who wants to be something he clearly isn't, He wears the mask and uses the shitty lightsaber in an attempt to make an image of himself.

What's really autistic is people wanting him to be Vader 2.0.
>>
>>64100083
From which point it could be argued that being so formulaic to how A New Hope would require him to be similar to Vader, not CRAAAAWWWWLING IN MY SKIIIIN, THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEEEAAALLLL the character.
>>
>>64094248
He should have been different by making his beliefs complex and understandable, rather than moody. Make a villain whose turn to the darkside can be somewhat justified instead of a repeat of evil for evil's sake.

That might have been more interesting.
>>
>>64094336
>and for rey's fight he didn't want to kill her; he wanted to take her on as an apprentice.

>White boys and their excuses

Even if what you say is true,after she rejects his offer he should have ended the bitches life right then and their,but he got his ass wooped.

It was a pathetic ending for a pathetic faggot with parent issues.

>hurr durr shot with bow casters

Irrelevant cause he still had more experience than her and(according to neckebard logic) she was a woman, so he should have overpowered her regardless and finished her off.

Go ahead and hate me for telling you the truth
>>
Weakest aspect of the movie was the character development. Literally none of it.

Banner moment was when Kylo said Rey thought of Han as the father she never had. Nigga what? If THAT was what their relationship was supposed to be, that needed to be fleshed out.

It would've been so easy too. Let Han teach her shit instead of making her a technogenius Mary Sue. But nope, she has to be literally perfect at everything.

Finn had no real development. Rey didn't. Kylo didn't. Shit, the best fucking development was Han, and he's dead.
>>
>>64100748
>Literally none of it
Wow you're a dense retard. Every single moment of Finn's onscreen time was spent developing.
>>
Based on his intense, violent mood swings i can tell in his free time he masturbates 10+ times daily while on force binges

He's very relatable
>>
>>64100932
That last scene where he offers to train Rey just shows he really wanted a force sensitive gf
>>
>>64094150
>>Unexplained daddy issues
>>Is basically a school shooter
>>Emo as fuck
>>Somehow thinks Darth Vader wasn't just a pawn of Sheev
>>Wears a mask he doesn't even need for maximum edge
>>Gets BTFO'd by two people in a row who are inexperienced with lightsaber duelling
>>Constant autistic fits of rage
>>Literally brought to tears when he's compared to Vader
>White Male (likely cisgender)
>>
>>64101963
Actually it would explain a lot about his character being unbalanced as fuck if he had trans leanings on the inside...
>>
He's not Anakin.
>>
>>64102026
oh shit you are right

>torn between lightside (male, how he was raised) and darkside (female, what he wants to be)
>kills father (ie the penis) to advance further into the darkside
>>
>>64102371
>kylo wants to be the little girl but his dad won't let him
>>
File: 1450836725008.png (135 KB, 381x450) Image search: [Google]
1450836725008.png
135 KB, 381x450
>>64095760
Well there is that one Inquisitor from the new show that fell into a reactor.

I don't think it's him but there's some resemblance, in that they're both bald and pale. Actually that's about it.
>>
File: 1447705065969.jpg (186 KB, 801x530) Image search: [Google]
1447705065969.jpg
186 KB, 801x530
>>64098488
I would agree but Sheev exists.

Kylo is #2 and prequel Obi is #3

#4 is Tarkin I guess but that's just me
>>
>>64094150
how much of a pleb are you?
is /tv/ actually full of tryhards with shit movie watching ability?
Is it colo clawtism?
>>
>>64094150
He's literally a Robot. As in, /r9k/.
>>
>>64096271
>Finn goes from Stormtrooper to a person in a mere seconds
This bothered me a lot. He was likeable and all but he should have been way more awkward and with less 'hell yeah motherfucker' lines.
>>
>>64095685
It's heavy as fuck. They show that at least twice.
>>
>>64100515
In the novel it's mentioned multiple times that he already knows her, and Snoke comments on his compassion for her-that it stems from his 'weakness'. He basically begs her to train under him so he won't have to kill her.

I wouldn't be surprised if she turns out to be his cousin and he was the dick who left her on Jakku. considering he already knows her and she had flashbacks of his betrayal of Luke.
>>
>>64105839
He's immature after being a stormtrooper. He's not used to interacting with people outside the military indoctrination shit so he's loud, insults people to their faces without even really realizing what he's doing, quick to be friends with anyone that likes him, and bullshits to rey about the resistance and to the resistance about knowing the shields. It's closer to what you're saying you want than you realize.
>>
>>64094752
CUT MY ROOM INTO PIECES
>>
He's a combination of /r9k/ and /pol/ incarnate.
>>
>>64105839
I loved how he got friendzoned.
I was completely expecting them to shoehorn in some sort of interracial romance bullshit, but Finn got fucking shot down at every turn.
It made me smile.
>>
>>64094150

>Is basically a school shooter
>Emo as fuck

Stop projecting weirdo.

>Gets BTFO'd by two people in a row who are inexperienced with lightsaber duelling

Hit by a direct blast from a bow caster. Still fights.

Gets slashed by Finn, still continues to fight.
>>
>>64106495
I don't think he cares about being friendzoned. I think he just wants (needs) friends.
He copes with being on the run from the order by replacing his loyalty to them with his loyalty to his new friends. It's overzealous and he acts impulsively because he needs that kind of devotion in his life, it's the only thing he's known. As long as someone pats him on the head and tells him good job he'll probably be happy.
>>
So is Snoke Plagueis or not?
>>
Why is he such a contrarian?
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.