[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prove that is wrong : 5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 7 > 1 > 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 17
File: Star-Wars-7-New-Banner-600x450.jpg (73 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Star-Wars-7-New-Banner-600x450.jpg
73 KB, 600x450
Prove that is wrong :
5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 7 > 1 > 2
>>
5 > 4 > 6 > 7 > garbage > shit > ur mum > 1/2/3
>>
>3 better than 7
When will this meme end? 7 was better than 4 too.
>>
>>64087786
A New Hope is the best Star Wars movie you pleb
>>
File: 1412508459693.png (325 KB, 484x498) Image search: [Google]
1412508459693.png
325 KB, 484x498
>>64087786
>7 was better than 4 too.

Spotted the millennial.
>>
>>64087780
If 6 or 7 is better is debatable.
>>
File: Questionman.jpg (15 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Questionman.jpg
15 KB, 250x250
The prequels were much better written, they had actual characters and story, not a bunch of memes and one-liners that lack any emotion or coherence. Luke is a cliched everyboy "hero" that goes through an absurdly rapid transformation between the fifth and the sixth episodes. Anakin's emotional instability and his exposure as a psychopath are gripping; and his doomed relationship with Padme is touching. In the "original trilogy" Han, Leia, Darth Vader and Obi Wan are complete meme characters, nothing about them is remotely believable or human. And why doesn't anyone care about deaths in those movies? Leia's planet destruction, Luke's stepparents' death, all of the blown up rebels--the list could go on--all the deaths are forgotten moments later.

As for direction, the movies from the "original trilogy" were mostly incoherent, badly edited and full of logical problems. The prequel trilogy is a work of a "vulgar auteur".

I feel neutral about the series overall, and honestly don't care about trolling or contrarianism. Here are my sincere rankings:

1. "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones"
2. "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace"
3. "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith"
4. "Star Wars"
5. "The Empire Strikes Back"
6. "Return of the Jedi"
8. "The Force Awakens"

Episode 7 isn't even a Star Wars movies. It is a Marvel flick masquerading as one.
>>
5 > 6 = 4 > 3 > 1 > 2

Non-Canon Mickey Mouse shit:
>>
>5
>good

Bait
>>
6 is better than 5.
Done
>>
>>64087842

then you aren't a real Star Wars fan fucktit

6 made me teary eyed
>>
>>64087857
What planet are you from? 5 is literally always at the top in virtually every ranking of the OT.

>>64087842
Not even. 6 wraps up the OT tremendously. 7 literally doesn't need to exist. It's only better than 1 and 2 because it's at least watchable.
>>
>>64087931
4 is 10x better than 5. 1/4 of the movie is on boring ass Hoth. I haven't watched 6 in a while but I remember it being the best of the 3. Therefore 7 is easily top three and as good as/better than 4 if you remove the nostalgia factor.
>>
>>64087931
Just watched 7 for the second time. The whole story about han and leia having a failed relationship with as a result Kylo Ren having daddy issues makes perfect sense and adds a lot of context to the original story. The idea of the new order jumping into a power vacuum to create unity also makes sense.
Also the emperor tempting luke to be evil made no sense whatsoever. And the whole endor part felt taked on and unnecessary.
>>
>>64087753
>3 > 7

Is this some sort of ebin new contrarian meme or what the fuck? Episode 3 suffered from the same problems as the other two prequel movies, even though it was better
>>
>>64087753
>3 > 7
Yeah, no. If you believe this, you are objectively wrong.
>>
>>64088143
>Hoth
>Boring
I'd say 4 is an easier rewatch but 5 is in every way superior.
>>
>>64087753
5 > 6 > 4 > 7 >> 3 >>> 2 > 1

IMO
>>
>>64088254
>Also the emperor tempting luke to be evil made no sense whatsoever.

How does it make no sense that the guy who spends his entire lifetime thirsting for power wants the jedi that just bested Darth Vader in a lightsaber duel on his side?

>And the whole endor part felt taked on and unnecessary.

How so?
>>
>>64088260
Just for the writing episode 3 will never be better then anything that will be put out in the future.
>>
>>64088276

7 was a bunched up version of all of the plots of the OT smashed together, reskinned with modern tech, an SJW'd up cast for 2015, and pushed out for the kids with a vast marketing campaign

It's a hollow shell of a movie that added nothing to the story of 1-6
>>
>>64088338
Polfag contrarian detected
>>
>>64087753
5 > 4 = 6 > 3 > 7 > 1 = 2
>>
>>64087883
>No True Scotsman
>>
7 > 5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 2 > 1

search your feelings you know it to be true
>>
>>64088322
He had nothing to tempt him with. Luke never was looking to gain power.
Endor was just there to give Han and Leia something to do. Also ewoks that just exist to sell merch and who can easily kill armored storm troopers with spears. Also that speeder chase aged horribly. I recently rewatched 6 the Jabba sequence is great and the rush tot the death star is also pretty fun but that's about it.
>>
File: cia.jpg (29 KB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
cia.jpg
29 KB, 350x250
>>64088395

Don't have to be /pol/ to see the obvious

>it's the Not-Empire
>and the not-Death Star
>Rey, the not-Luke
>it's another Father/Son quarrel
>it's the not-Emperor
>it's not-Tatooine, Jakku
>it's the not-Cantina
>it's the not-Coruscant and not-Republic
>the not-Rebel Alliance now has gender and race quotas

joke
>>
>>64088486
It's a soft reboot like they said on Half in the bag.
I don't understand why they did it because litterly everybody has seen episode 4 or could see episode 4. Even if you have kids now the old star wars movies are very watchable so to just reboot it doesn't seem to make sense to me. But if you go by the logic that the just did that to setup a new story it's ok.
>>
Ranking

>A New Hope
*The* ultimate Star Wars film. Timeless and essentially flawless.

>Return of the Jedi
The most fun of all the Star Wars movies. Great characters and fun times all around.

>The Phantom Menace
A fresh, daring entry into the Star Wars franchise.

>The Empire Stikes Back
While good, it really has a much bleaker and less fun vibe than the other movies.

>Return of the Sith
An average film, not bad. Not great. Average.

>Attack of the Clones
Much better second half than first.

>The Force Awakens
No reason for this to exist, essentially a useless remake of the original classic, but inferior in every way. A complete spineless cash grab that offers nothing new. Bad.
>>
>>64088568

And because of that, it's SHIT

We don't need a soft reboot for that story. We don't need any of that. Use some fucking creativity and create a new tangent if you're going to tack on some new iterations for the big bux.

1-6 are cohesive and wrap up beautifully. This movie manages to be offensive to actual fanboys in that it tramples on the story and conclusion of the OT, offers nothing new in the process, and then leaves us with a billion questions at the end. It is poor and has no spirit of the old movies.

You can make a spectacle with a budget of $400 million but you can't just pump out a Star Wars with your carefully handpicked Disney analysis board.
>>
i dont know where to start with this monstrosity of a flick. if it wasn't for the obvious faces and lightsabers it would just be the usual high budget flick with the thinking that fancy effects and explosions will make a 'movie' good. fucking wrong.

i couldnt tell if it was at the start, beginning or end due to the lack of structure and plot - infact im still struggling to see what the plot was? the whole thing dragged out to see some old fuck standing on the cliffs - greeeaat.

what really fucking me off was how they mocked the dark side to be a laughing stock. that pathetic joke making the clone troopers run away when kylo was throwing a tantrum.
-kylo was meant to be the evil sith boss but actually got KILLED by a girl using a lightsaber for the FIRST FUCKING TIME. the fucking dindu put up a good fight, they both have zero fucking knowledge in using one, let alone the force in general. what the fuck?
how can anyone possible criticise the prequels with pieces of liberal shit like this one? there were no characters in TFA with any presence, or something that made you think 'wow i like this guy'. the prequels had mace windu, anakin, obi wan, darth vader, darth maul, etc. what did this one have? the characters were fucking dull as fuck, im actually angry as im typing this i just cant get over what i just watched and i need to vent it somewhere.

trust disney to fuck up this bad. i dont even need to mention (but i will anyway) the obvious racism with the dark side being all white, and the 'goodies' being a melting pot of spics, chinks, dindus, females etc. how can this racism even be allowed?

sadly ticket sales determine the success of a film, and so people will feel obligated to think this flick was good but in reality it was tediously boring, which lacked a plot, characters with any redeeming qualities, and made the dark side a joke.
>>
>>64088469
>He had nothing to tempt him with. Luke never was looking to gain power.

Except joining his father. The whole scene was emotionally tumultuous for Luke, and the Emperor could have very well capitalized on the emotional instability of Luke then and there just like how he capitalized on Anakin's emotional instability.

I disagree with your evaluation of the Battle of Endor but if that's how you feel then I won't be able to change your mind.
>>
>>64088634
Well they also have to please people who watch just want to see familiar shit. I'm sure as these movies will go on they will have different styles and kind of stories. This one just played it very save to get new people on board who once heard of star wars and try to keep dumbass fans who love stormtroopers and darth vader.
>>
>>64088756

And the non-dumbass fans who love Star Wars for what it actually is can be justified in being intellectually offended
>>
>>64088632
I've never seen "Return of the Sith"

Is it as good as "Revenge of the Jedi"?
>>
>>64088663
It made more sense when I saw it the second time. He's fucking hurt by that crossbow shot by chewie. He seems to bearly keep himself together but he seems to want to kill Finn out of revenge and recruit Rye. The only part that doesn't make sense is at the end when he has her at a cliff and he could easily force punch her of it.
>>
>>64088822
Yeah but how many of them are there? Well quite a lot actually which is why I also think this was a mistake but still I also think not too much. There's still people who think the prequels were allright. All those people have money and disney wants that money. I'm sure they will make some actually good movies in the future.
>>
>>64088486
First of the series was obvious homage to the original trilogy to introduce the new characters and to ride on the nostalgia of the more appreciated series. Call it rehash or what ever but it is obviously less about laziness and more about stroking the boners of people who go "I see what you did there" while watching it. And the next one kicks in the gear for a new, original story.
>>
>>64088847
>hurt by chewie
>this somehow means rey is immediately extremely adept at using a lightsaber despite this being her first time using one

???

I would get it if the sequence between the two was clunky, where Rey clearly doesn't know how to use the lightsaber well and Kylo is moving really slowly or takes small pauses to catch his breath or clutch his wound or something. But the two just go at it like it's nobody's business in a manner that doesn't reflect Kylo's injury or Rey's supposed lack of knowledge of how to fight with a lightsaber.
>>
>>64087844
>6=4
THIS! More people should share this opinion. ROTJ is not a cohese movie, and the pacing is kind of off, but it has the best parts of the whole saga, and they make up for the bad parts.
>>
File: 1358824365276.jpg (31 KB, 500x468) Image search: [Google]
1358824365276.jpg
31 KB, 500x468
>>64088927

And in the process, what do we have:

>at the end of the RoTJ, we come to the end of an epic struggle, the conclusion of a family falling out that has gone through two generations and story of a legendary lineage, the final defeat of Sidious, the last great Sith lord, the happy marriage of Han and Leia, and a galactic celebration greater than any other

then this piece of shit comes along and:

>lolz, Luke actually had a shitty fucking time after, evil still rose up, lol here's Snoke and Kylo, he went in hermitage and hates his life
>Han and Leia divorced and their son became Darth Linkin Park because they made him go to bed without supper
>also, here's a bunch of planets you don't care about, yet another bigger blacker Death Star, and also we're going to cut John Williams' balls off
>hope you enjoy

Yeah, nah, they're cunts
>>
>>64087821
As a millennial, I take offence to being put in the same group as the likes of him.
>>
>>64089034
I'm a millennial too to be honest. I've just learned to accept that most of what millennials do pisses me off.

>inb4specialsnowflake
>>
>>64088929
>>64088929
It does though. You see him strugle to stop the bleeding and with every injury he struggles more and more. Also like they said in HIB this aren't the prequels with their highly cheorographed fighting. It's more like the original movies where they just swing swords at eachother. The whole Rey knows the force pretty well also didn't work for me at all but I'd say the rest of the fight was ok. It wasn't great but just ok.
>>
>>64089080
Well let's be honest.
If the rest of our generation wouldn't piss us off, why would we be here?
>>
>>64087780
This familia
>>
>>64089022
>Han and Leia divorced and their son became Darth Linkin Park because they made him go to bed without supper

Han is a totaly detached smugler who marries a rebel leader after a celibriation. Their personality doesn't match to have a stable relationship. Kylo having daddy issues because Han was a shit dad also makes sense.

>Luke actually had a shitty fucking time after
Yeah one of his students (his sisters and best friends son) turned against him and starts killing all other jedi. I'd feel guilty after that.

>evil still rose up, lol here's Snoke and Kylo
Alway does it's a story, no star wars story without evil

>also, here's a bunch of planets you don't care about, yet another bigger blacker Death Star, and also we're going to cut John Williams' balls off
Yeah I will give you those.
>>
>>64089161
You're on the nose actually. I only come here when I get pissed off that a capeshit movie is getting its dick sucked by every other website I visit. Same thing with TFA. I'm willing to accept how edgy I am.
>>
>>64088835
As a on overall film? No of course not. That being said it has some really good "moments".

Ian Mcdermots performance as the Emperor is worth seeing it alone. Its just so fucking weird and creepy
>>
>>64087753
5>3>4=7>6>2>1
>>
>>64089220

>Han is a totaly detached smugler who marries a rebel leader after a celibriation. Their personality doesn't match to have a stable relationship. Kylo having daddy issues because Han was a shit dad also makes sense.

The entire point of his arc in the OT is that he cleans up his act and comes to develop favorable personality traits. They develop a romance and bond through struggle and are happily ever after by the saga's end. What am I supposed to think about at the end of RoTJ now? "Oh wait, this all didn't count for shit and they actually have a fucked up time together"

No

>Yeah one of his students (his sisters and best friends son) turned against him and starts killing all other jedi. I'd feel guilty after that.

This is stupid and poops all over the triumph of the OT, hollow victories

>Alway does it's a story, no star wars story without evil

Doesn't have to be "le big mysterious Emperor Sith Man and his edgy apprentice" every time, that is 100% not a contribution

even fucking Nute Gunray and his butthurt Traders were more creative and compelling as an addition

I'll say it again since you didn't hear what I'm trying to say, this movie not only doesn't contribute anything interesting to the Star Wars universe, what it does manage to contribute is an asshole retcon of the fate of our beloved characters from the OT and our previously assumed happy and victorious ending in RoTJ. Do you see what I mean? 1-6 are cohesive and the story of a Skywalkers rise, fall, and redemption. Now we're just hanging them out to dry for another movie. "But wait, there's more" is cheap, especially when your "more" is a bunch of angst and rehash.
>>
File: stop.png (114 KB, 872x788) Image search: [Google]
stop.png
114 KB, 872x788
>>64089367
>>
>>64089397
>1
You have to think that they were happy together for a while but they each are quite different and it could work for a while but it didn't work out in the end. It's a relationship this is how they work in general.

>2
Muh happy ending. It makes perfect sense in the situation though. Han always was a detached guy you really thought he would make a great father? Also luke never trained anybody. No story no conflict and what's better conflict that a story that logicly didn't work out as it seemed a few years ago.
>3
Star wars stories seem to work this way. There will in the future be spin off movies without jedis and siths probebly but this is why people go see them in general so they start of with this one.

Also again muh happy ending. There's no story with a happy ending and they needed to shove the original charathers in somehow. In that way I thought they did a pretty good job. Yeah it's all the same but you ever seen a marvel movie, a bond movie or a harry potter movie. It's all the fucking same people want it that way. They might make a movie that fans like you and me want star wars to be in the future but this isn't it.
>>
5 > 6 >7 > 4 >1 > 3 > 2
>>
>>64087843
You thought someone took your bait, but it's just me in a christmas spirit giving you a (You)
>>
>>64089850

>muh happy ending

It's a triumphant ending. That Disney went and unraveled. No thanks, not going to do that to 6 movies worth of drama and memories.

>It's all the fucking same people want it that way

I don't, and a significant portion of strong Star Wars fans don't. The bulk of revenue may come from casuals but the staying power of the OT was through the love of its fans. I'm not going to make excuses for a cheap spectacle disguised as Star Wars.
>>
>>64087780

>5 > 4 > 6 > 7 > garbage > shit > ur mum > 1/2/3

Fixed

4 > 5 > 6 > > > > > > garbage > 7 > vomit > shit > OP's mum > anon > 1/2/3
>>
why all yall talking about stars wars on christmas u lil niggas?
>>
>>64090109
>1
They didn't. They made it make sense. Han and Leia probebly wouldn't work out in the long run. Some Sith would rise in the end because they always do. Lastly the power vacuum that the rebels left needed to be filled. Since not all emperial troops in the galaxy were at the battle for the second death star it makes sense that they took some time to regroup and organise to take power again. The original ending never made complete sense and they just adressed most of the issues.

>2
No it's not what you want and it's not what I want but the general public is dumb as shit. You do realise that the reason they had ewoks in 6 was to sell merch right? There's also a lot of people who bought that merch that love the prequels for instance. Movies are made for franshises because they will make shittons of money that's just the future of high budget movies. They bought this fransishes for 4 billion and they need to make this work for a worldwide market. It's gonna be bland in some way. I don't like it either but it's simply the situation we are in. For fuck sake this is better then star trek: into darkness they fucked that up way worse. This movie isn't great and has some marjor problems but I do see potential.
>>
>>64090509

You're entitled to your opinions but I think yours are terrible, I'll leave it at that

I'm not interested in dancing circles around this anymore, I've stated how I see the original saga with regards to this new knock-off
>>
>>64087753
this is the patrician order
>>
>>64089022
>>64090109
I dunno, I think one of my favorite things about TFA was that it demonstrated a believable fall from paradise to RotJ's too-perfect ending.

I would say that the new trilogy is aiming to focus on the two sides of the Force trying to finish what they started, which is why the subversion of RotJ's golden finale is refreshing to me. The heroes may have conquered the Empire, but there's still a conflict in The Force that they would've needed to focus on. But in that worldly military victory, Luke, Leia, and Han became complacent, allowing the Dark Side to regain that lost power.

I can believe that this new republic would still have issues with trying to maintain peace despite the dissolution of the The Empire. Palpatine's influence had a huge reach, and there was no feasible way that the darker parts of the galaxy (i.e., remaining Sith, Imperial sympathizers, people who lose faith in the Republic) could be entirely cleaned up. Especially with the Light Side in control and its general attitude toward mercy and empathy. Of course, I'd complain that TFA didn't focus enough on this side, but that's a different issue.

Besides that, the weight of the Jedi's responsibilities and returning the council to its former glory still rested solely on Luke's shoulders, and he's ultimately just one man. Training Ben Solo to carry the torch only to have him fall to the remaining Dark Side would be understandably devastating, knowing that Luke is a sensitive and soft-hearted invididual. He had one job, and he failed, and I'm okay with that.

By Episode IX, the true ending of the series -- the final blow to the last stronghold of the Sith, or at the very least an establishment of a new Jedi Order which will continue the legacy of Jedi fighting for peace -- will ultimately be complete. Or at least I'd hope, or the series will never end.
>>
>>64087753
I would switch 1 and 2, but that's really only being nit picky です せんぱい。
>>
>>64090632

>too-perfect

after 6 movies of turbulence, final closure isn't "too-perfect", it's the relief we need

Maybe you have a burning desire to have never-ending turmoil, I guess that's you, I feel like I'm getting hung out to dry again so Disney can rake in a few more bux

don't you get it? There will be no more "true ending" now. They've revived the corpse and they have full intentions of shaking it until it stops spitting out money. Hope all you want, this is a shameless cash in.
>>
>>64090563
Well yeah it is a knock off I just try to see it for what it is and think of how they needed to make this work for general audiences for all markets etc. If you take that in concideration I think it turned out okay. For me it worked a little better on rewatch because I saw it for what it was a little more. I understand your problems and I share some of them but it just didn't ruin my experience for the movie. The only thing that really doesn't work is the whole marry sue thing. That almost ruined the entire movie for me.
>>
File: star-wars-luke.png (379 KB, 840x560) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-luke.png
379 KB, 840x560
>>64087753
>ewoks
>better than 7

fucking mr. downie over here

no its 5>7>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>prequels>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>4:tales of whiney bitch luke and 6:tales of emo luke
>b-b-b-b-but anon
>i was gonna go tashi station to pick up some power converters

>b-b-b-b-but anon
>i wanted to submit my application this y-y-year

>b-b-b-b-but anon
>i cant go to alderaan, i have so much to d-d-do here

>b-b-b-b-but anon
>this ships a piece of junk

>b-b-b-b-but anon
>i used to bullseye womprats in my t-16 back home
>>
>>64087843
Damn bruh I was just about to make some pasta, thanks for having my back.
>>
>>64090727
Also the fact that people got captured 5 times in one movie was just a really anoying plot device.
>>
File: coolguy.gif (961 KB, 470x341) Image search: [Google]
coolguy.gif
961 KB, 470x341
>itt shit taste

4>5>6>7>literally who cares>3>1>2 i guess
>>
>>64087753
But it's correct
>>
>>64090753
>trying this hard to create a pasta
>>
>>64090696
You know you can still enjoy the original movies for what they are right? You don't have to dwell on new movies.
>>
>>64090696
It's franchise. It's the same with capeshit and james bond and harry potter. This is what they are and this how they work. They will add some endings and then start a new era once every couple of movies. Have you seen the prequels they are also basicly knock offs of the original.
>>
File: 1412487063940.jpg (55 KB, 508x449) Image search: [Google]
1412487063940.jpg
55 KB, 508x449
>>64090904
>Have you seen the prequels they are also basicly knock offs of the original.
>>
File: 5435465.jpg (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
5435465.jpg
9 KB, 200x200
4>5>7>6

Its too bad nobody ever made a 1,2, and 3 to this franchise. Would've been cool to see Obi-Wan and his good friend Skywalker in their prime during the clone wars.
>>
>>64090696
It's relief in the sense that it gives Luke, Leia, and Han their victory, but there's still a bunch of loose ends that they'd need to tie up -- one that goes beyond the Battle of Endor and more about the power struggle between the Light and Dark sides.

But as Episode VII shows us that they fell short, and now that they're older, there's an imperative to pass on that torch. I like Luke as much as the next guy, but there's no point in deifying him and thinking he's the be-all-end-all to the galaxy's struggles. He's a part of a larger system, much like his father before him and his family after him.
>>
File: nik.png (74 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
nik.png
74 KB, 300x256
>>64089091
>like the original movies where they just swing swords at eachother
>>
>>64087753
>3 > 7

Switch these and you're spot on.
>>
The Empire Lands A Knockout > The First One > Ewok Boogie-Woogie = The First One II: Lightsaber Boogaloo >>> Edgy Anakin And The Robobaddie > Now This Is Pod Racing >>> Cheesy Anakin Also Clone Troopers

Episode VII may or may not exceed Episode VI eventually depending on how the new trilogy unravels overall, but the original trilogy definitely isn't untouchable. Episode VI already featured some borderline cheesy crap. People always think Lucas suddenly went bonkers between Episode VI and Episode I, but in reality it was a slow process which already began after the success of the first two releases, and perhaps his cheesiness was existent from the beginning and was only masked in Episode IV and V by his talented army of employees, first and foremost designer McQuarrie.
>>
>>64091008

Exactly. Star Wars isn't Dune. Luke isn't the fucking Kwisatz Haderach.
>>
5 > 4 = 7 > 3 > 1 > 2

This is the factually factual order and any other order is incorrect.
>>
File: 1414033144286.png (84 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
1414033144286.png
84 KB, 640x852
>>64091100
>4 = 7
>>
>>64091008
>but there's still a bunch of loose ends
Within the actual universe? Sure. As a story? Nope.

Return of the Jedi was very conclusive in all relevant ways. We needed these sequel movies even less than we needed the prequels.
>>
4 > 6 > 5 > 7 > 1 > 3 > 2
>>
>>64091147

Not that anon, but there are plenty of sequels that weren't needed but were still good.

Robocop 2, Terminator 2, Aliens, The Godfather 2

These movies were entertaining despite their predecessors concluding their respective stories already in a satisfying way.
>>
>>64090981
Go away.
>>
>>64091147
Yeah but that's the point. There will always be war and these charathers couldn't prevent that. They had their story but time goes on. And now it's for new heroes to fight the new villains. That's how they made this movie and that was the point to say good bye to your child hood heroes because they're old and introduce the new ones and their stories.
>>
5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 1 > 2 >>> 7
>>
>>64091214
I don't disagree, but I'd argue they lend themselves better to sequels than a three movie epic that has a clear arc and conclusive story does.

For what it's worth I thought VII was decent enough to be interested in what the next movie does. It still feels superfluous, though, and VII ultimately had little to say.
>>
5>4>7>6>3>2>1
>>
>>64091339
Yeah it was bland as fuck. It just tried to pull people in theathers and try to warm them for the next movie. Hopefully the next one will actually bring something worthwhile to the table.
>>
>>64091295
Sometimes it's better to let things go. Not everything needs a sequel.

We had three movies that told a story and three more that told the backstory of that story. That was definitely enough.
>>
>>64091049
>answering in memes

your opinion means nothing
>>
File: money-07.jpg (1 MB, 1864x1680) Image search: [Google]
money-07.jpg
1 MB, 1864x1680
>>64091427
>Sometimes it's better to let things go. Not everything needs a sequel.
>>
>>64087753
This is the correct order.
>>
>>64089022
I enjoyed the new movie, but I kind of have to agree with this guy as well. I think I would have preferred it if the new trilogy was totally separate from the original trilogy, taking place hundreds of years later or something, with passing references to the original, like the legend of Luke Skywalker and the new MC being a descendant of Luke.

Directly messing with the original characters, and making it so their lives were shit after episode 6 does kind of make the ending hollow, when it was supposed to be a definitive happy ending.
>>
>>64087780
piece of shit orhpan with issues.
>>
>Phasma is portrayed by Gwendoline Christie in Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. The character was originally intended to be played by a male actor. However, Christie was cast in response to internet backlash against a perceived lack of female cast members.
>>
>>64087753
>Episode III before VII
The kekest
V-IV-VI-VII-III-I-II
>>
>>64087842
True enough
6 started out solid but went downhill
>>
>>64092973
>character gets immediately thrown in the trash
B A S E D J J
how can any self-respecting /pol/ock hate him after this?
>>
>>64087753
2 is much better than 1, but other than that you're right
>>
File: 1402127881712.jpg (53 KB, 500x671) Image search: [Google]
1402127881712.jpg
53 KB, 500x671
>>64092973
>get complaints for a lack of female cast
>cast female as an empire officer who orders the genocide of a village and then is compliant enough to enable the destruction of the third death star
TOP KEK
>>
4 > 3 > 5 > 6 > 1 > 2

havent seen 7
>>
attack of the clones was better than a phantom menace
>>
>>64093101
>irredeemable amounts of faggot romance scenes and nothing else of value apart from a rainy planet with a clone trooper factory on it
>better than MOTHERFUCKING POD RACING
Episode 1 will eternally be better than Episode 2 solely for pod racing.
>>
>>64093041
it is known.
>>
4>6>5>1>>>>>3>7>2
I liked Phantom Menace for the Podrace.
>>
>>64093041
/thread
>>
7 is basically shitty remake of the original movie. Without going into spoilers, too much of the plot is just a copy of original to make it "feel like original". I, II and III were crappy too, but there was at least attempt to tell something new.

I'd put it V>IV>VI>III>II>I>VII
>>
>>64093414
>basically shitty remake of the original movie
which was basically a shitty remake of the hidden fortress
>>
>>64093471
Yes. There is lots of influence there. Though I was surprised in theatre, how many vital parts of the plot of 7 were just carbon copies of the first movie. More than just heavily "influenced".
>>
>>64087753
Nothing in VII was worse than, "If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
>>
>>64091008

I didn't deify anything. I already said I would have preferred for the characters of the OT to go their separate ways from the story of VII. But they didn't, they took one giant fucking shit all over the end of their lives right before they launched off into a new arc.
>>
>>64093657

>Rey gives Han tips on how to fly and fix the Millenium Falcon

and we're done here
>>
>>64093772
Rey tells Han about one thing that was added during the time Han didn't own the Falcon. Either you knew this and you're purposefully exaggerating to serve your purpose or you can't pay attention to a movie.
>>
>>64087753
7 is a better film than 3, but 3 is a better Star Wars movie than 7

VII=III
>>
File: tspikes.jpg (9 KB, 175x211) Image search: [Google]
tspikes.jpg
9 KB, 175x211
>It's another fucking Death Star
>it's another father/son "twist"
>it's another desert-born future Jedi with tons of potential
>it's another rebellion
>it's another Empire
>it's another cantina scene
>it's another Emperor and Sith apprentice
>it's another Republic
>it's another R2-D2
>it's another Tatooine
>it's another Coruscant
>it's another Yavin 4
>it's another old Ben Kenobi
>it's produced by the shameless profiteers at Disney, created from a committee vision of maximum profit, marketed to hell and back, directed by the king of generic flash himself, JJ Abrams, and marketed to hell and back

You rate this shit, you are dead as a real Star Wars fan

This series has always been about story #1 and there is no excuse for a rehash, none.

sell-out cunts
>>
>>64093657
the overacting and bad dialog was something I can overlook as long as the battles are compelling 7 was able to do neither right.
>>
>>64087753
Yes
>>
>>64087786
Being that autistic
>>
When he put the secret information into the droid, I was almost yelling out loud.
>>
>>64093906
Oh wait, you're serious. So you like the prequels?
That's hilarious. You keep loving what you love I guess.
>>
File: 1448941218998.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1448941218998.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>64088465
>>
>>64093833
>specifically add a plot point to the movie that had no reason to exist, just to show that Rey can do something Han can't do
Really? You think that justifies it?
>>
>>64089367
Exactly this, holy shit
>>
>original trilogy
>let's have pulp adventure meets samurai movies... IN SPACE

>prequel trilogy
>let's tell a love story but leave CNN playing in the background

>episode vii
>lets be totally derivative of the original trilogy
>>
>>64094979
>blaming VII for being a mirror of the OT
>when it's literally EXACTLY WHAT EVERYONE HAS BEEN SCREAMING FOR for 20 years
>>
>>64094860
When does Rey do something Han can't do again?
Did you watch the same movie I did?
>>
>>64095122
The entire scene was contrived to make Han look like a bumbling clod who doesn't know his own ship and Rey the genius messiah savior girl who can do anything. There is literally no way you can disagree with this without being a pathetic tumblr troll.
>>
>>64095154
After I saw it in theaters I got the camrip. I suggest you do the same and watch the scene again.

You know how I can disagree with you? Because it's not how the scene happened. But please, resort to your boogeymen.
>>
>>64095241
>fat tumblr queen thinks she can change reality if she gets offended enough
>>
4 > 5 > 3 > 6 > 2 > 7 > 1
>>
>>64087857
This post. Bait
>>
Film scientists have proven the following order to be objectively correct in a court of law

5 > 4 > 6 = 7 >> 3 >>> 1 > 2
>>
>>64095326
>2 isn't last

Nigga you goofed
>>
>>64095326
>2 > 1

What now?

1 is better than 2 in pretty much every way.
Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.