[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just introduced my little brother to Star Wars for the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
Just introduced my little brother to Star Wars for the first time. He's turning 10 next month.
Showed him the unaltered version of New Hope and Empire and the look on his face throughout made me a little warm and fuzzy inside.
He was shocked to find out that Luke was Vaders kid, loved the Death Star run, battle of Hoth, Yoda, the whole shebang.

Have you ever done something similar?
>>
Tell him he shouldn't obsess over it and become a manchild when he's 30.
>>
>>64087499
Little tyke is on his way to becoming chad so i wouldn't worry.
>>
>>64087391
Perfect age to show him the prequels OP.

He'll enjoy them as much as the originals and won't become a hateful, bitter manchild over them.
>>
>>64087499
You obviously know how to handle kids.
>>
>>64087499
>>64087534
>encouraging chadification

shaking my head to be honest family
>>
>>64087391
why didn't you show them to him in canonical sequence?
>>
>>64087540
He wants to go see episode 7 but was worried that he wouldn't understand it without seeing the other films. So, since he had never seen any of them before, i decided to take the chance to introduce him to the original trilogy.
>>64087589
Chad would be the wrong description. /fit/ would be more apropos.
Kid loves sports/swimming. All i can do is make sure he doesn't turn into a complete meathead in the process.
>>
>>64087556
actually I do
>>
I watched the Clone Wars with my nephew so I had an excuse to watch cartoons.
>>
do the machete order and show him the prequels
Do
IV->V->I->II->TCW->III->VI
>>
>>64087638
So far i have.
Canon is 4-5-6-1-2-3 AND NOTHING YOU SAY WILL MAKE ME CHANCE MY STANCE ON THIS.
>>
>>64087638
release order is always the only way to experience any art, always, forever

except maybe in weird situations when something is finished first but remains unpublished until after something else that is made later
>>
>>64087690
change*
>>
>>64087645
Yeah, getting a kid hyped about Star Wars and telling him not to obsess over it is really clear to the kid.
>>
Yes, I showed my wife's son the OT too :D
>>
>>64087810
Yeah, I would probably lay it down to him in a funny way and he'd understand. Kids are smart, you know, No reason why you can't real talk with them.
>>
>>64087989
A ten year old might be bright but obviously doesn't understand what you're talking about or even understand why it would be wrong to obsess over something cool.

>"You don't want to be a loser when you're older do you? haha..."
>>
>>64088065
whatever floats your boat m8
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.