[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Good premise, poorly executed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: Equilibrium-poster.jpg (173 KB, 800x1228) Image search: [Google]
Equilibrium-poster.jpg
173 KB, 800x1228
>>
File: 12904245013_080a7a9377_o.jpg (761 KB, 1908x2897) Image search: [Google]
12904245013_080a7a9377_o.jpg
761 KB, 1908x2897
>>
The Revenant
>>
Primer

>inb4 u didn't get it
I am referring to "mumblecore"
>>
File: images.jpg (103 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
103 KB, 720x1080
>>
>>64084841
How the fuck was Equilibrium "poorly executed" m8? U mad ur buttbuddy Boromir died again?
>>
The Purge
>come up with the awesome anything goes premise
>film Panic Room 2
>>
>>64085077
>>64085032
Contrarian:the posts
*tips fedora*
>>
>>64085144

>eagerly awaiting fuck awesome final boss battle between two former bros

>he just OTKs the nigger in one slice

One of the biggest anticlimaxes ever.
>>
File: Interstellar_film_poster.jpg (42 KB, 260x406) Image search: [Google]
Interstellar_film_poster.jpg
42 KB, 260x406
>>64084841
On Equillibrium:
It bothers me off how many people around me think it's perfect.
The first scene itself ruins the entire premise.
>Emotionless humans
>Don't care about anything
>Want to get rid of art
>For some reason they still check with hyper advanced tools if the Mona Lisa is the original or not before burning it.
a) It doesn't matter if it's the original or not in regards of whether or not they're going to burn it, since they destroy all art.
b) It doesn't matter if it's a greater emotional loss, because they don't feel emotion.

Then right away, the first scene we see their leader, it's obvious he has emotions, but none of the people who are trained to detect the slightest hints of emotion don't recognize it on their leader, who keeps showing up on screens and speeches.

Anyway, my entry is pic related.
It's got a good concept, but it's trying so hard to be an entry level version of 2001, for people who know little to nothing about Science or Science Fiction in general, that it just comes off as preachy and long winded to anyone for whom the explained concepts are not big news.
It gets annoying when you hear someone explain wormholes for the 20th time in your life. Kind of which they would have just let the visuals speak for themselves, and kept the exposition to a minimum.
Also, the Terminator ending was a bit of a let down. Worth it for the visuals though.
>>
File: Sound of Thunder.jpg (169 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Sound of Thunder.jpg
169 KB, 1024x768
>>64084841
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.