[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that nowhere in canon is "MUH TRAINING"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 6
File: Mirage_Request.jpg (215 KB, 1000x981) Image search: [Google]
Mirage_Request.jpg
215 KB, 1000x981
Daily reminder that nowhere in canon is "MUH TRAINING" required to be adept with the force. Training was about philosophy, ethics, and emotion. Someone learning to use the force can figure it out for themselves.
>>
>>64084427
Why the fuck does she speak wookie
>>
>>64084427
>speaks droid and wookie
But can't everybody understand everybody regardless of language?
>>
>>64084427
I'm just annoyed because it made for an extremely boring movie with no real tension when the character we just met seems to be doing everything better than everyone else and is liked by everyone and even beats the main bad guy without issue at all.
>>
>>64084427
I agree that they shuttled Rey too quickly along the Force route, she barely struggled in her confrontation with Ren the way Luke had his first time.
>>
>>64085986

They've never mentioned universal translators(and translator droids stand as evidence against such), but a great deal of multilingualism has always been present in Star Wars.
>>
>>64086060
Are you stupid? Finn clearly didn't understand anything R2 said in the entire movie. Not to mention if what you claim were true there would be literally no need for 3PO to exist.
>>
>>64086131
But then I guess Finn did that.
>>
>>64086143
But Finn is the fish-out-of-water. He's coming from a totally cloistered experience, whereas everyone else has been out and about.
>>
>>64084427
they forgot that luke only got good in the ROTJ duel cause he started tapping into the dark side like yoda warned him about. also luke spoke droid in the ot.
>>
>>64086115
It also blindsides you with who exactly the protagonist is. We're given a dozen reasons to identify and sympathize with Finn. We get nothing on Rey except that her parents left her on Jakku.

I'm still wondering why she didn't trade BB-8 for the portions, because she showed no signs of being instinctly good at heart, had no actual bond with BB-8 at the time, and the only thing we had learned about her at that point is that she works for fucking portions.
>>
Dont you people have anything better to do on christmas than be mad about movies you dont even like?
>>
It took the OT for Luke to become competent and everyone was flipping around like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon in the prequels. As much as /tv/ likes bitching about this movie, sitting through three movies of Rey learning how to make a lightsaber wiggle from across the room while listening to the same Force lessons we've been hearing for decades would have been much more like having teeth pulled.
>>
>>64086177
Explain how Luke didn't understand Chewie then, or Luke/Leia/Han and the Ewoks, or Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan and the Gungans...
>>
>>64086143
>Not to mention if what you claim were true there would be literally no need for 3PO to exist.
But other than to translate the ewoks, he didn't, save for the benfit of the audience. Everybody else understood R2 just fine. Even Luke, who the image claims couldn't, had several conversations with him when it was just the two of them in his X-wing. 3PO never translates Chewie's lines to anybody, and translates Jabba's lines to people who talk to him perfectly fine without 3PO's interaction.
>>
>>64084427
>Luke
>screws up deflecting blaster bolts

Did whoever did this even watch ANH? The first time Luke had any training with a Lightsaber on the very day he even learnt what the force is he fucked up deflecting blaster bolts like 2 times before Obi Wan gives him the helmet as handicap and low and behold Luke managed to deflect 3 blaster bolts in a row telling Obi Wan that he definitely felt something.

In the original trilogy the force wasn't something you had to train for years to use as Luke had no problem using it on the same day he learnt about it and the first day he ever had a lightsaber in his hands
>>
>>64086282
Luke learns to understand R2. Chewie doesn't need 3PO because he has Han. Jabba is implied to have been around and associating with people like Han for forever, so it makes sense that he's commonly understood by now.

3PO is a translator droid. Why would there be translators if everyone already spoke all of the languages he's constantly reminding us he knows?
>>
>>64086281
Luke was a sheltered farmboy, Ewoks were primitive and didn't have spaceships and Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan would never have visited the Gungan city if Jar Jar hadn't been exiled.
>>
>>64086282
The X-wing had a screen that R2 could send messages to.
>>
>>64086441
Right, so everybody understands each other except for all the instances where they don't.
>>
>>64086281
>Luke didn't understand Chewie
Did he not? They don't talk to each other much, but he never indicated that he couldn't understand him.

>Luke/Leia/Han and the Ewoks
They were a primitive race on a remote planet. Probably not much interaction with the rest of the galaxy. If anything, I don't get how 3PO knew their language at all, unless his computer system is designed to analyze and breakdown any language and translate it from almost nothing but cues of intent and things of the like.

>Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan and the Gungans...
The Gungans spoke English.
>>
>>64086520
>English

I believe you mean "Basic," you scruffy-looking nerf herder. :^)
>>
>>64086340

He blocked some bolts from a remote. Hardly the same as beating a trained dark Jedi. Also of training wasn't important then why did they bother with all the training scenes in Empire? Yoda even warned Luke that if he didn't complete his training he wouldn't be able to defeat Vader. If training wasn't important then why did Anakin (who was stronger with the force) get zapped and sliced up by Dooku in Clones, only to kill him after he had been fully trained and gained more experience? Why was Windu able to beat Sheev and Yoda wasn't despite Yoda being stronger with the force than Windu? Why do they bother training Jedi from childhood? Training clearly matters in the canon, and if you can't see that then you basically didn't watch the movie.
>>
>>64086511
Not everybody understands everybody, but it sounds like enough people do just by casual interactions that very few people would be in too dire need of a protocol droid.
>>
This film is nothing but Jewish rubbish.
>>
>>64086586
>Hardly the same as beating a trained dark Jedi
You mean a trained dark jedi that that got shot and had a nasty wound on his chest? Ren wasn't 100% probably not even 50% and that handicap justifies it in my opinion.
>>
>>64086586
>If training wasn't important then why did Anakin (who was stronger with the force) get zapped and sliced up by Dooku in Clones, only to kill him after he had been fully trained and gained more experience?

Anakin didn't obey Obi Wan's plan and decided to rush in like a retard. If he had kept his head screwed on straight, they may have been able to overwhelm him.
>>
>>64085986

Niima outpost is a trade hub, she picked it up from interacting with the various alien travelers in her time on Jakku.
>>
>>64086586
Yoda does not refer to physical training

he's saing that a pure hearted child can understand easily what be a jedi means.

Luke just realize that when he beats vader in RotJ
>>
>>64086586
Than how comes Luke managed to beat Vader in the end? Vader was trained since he was young, had a shitload more general combat experience, lightsaber duel experience and training with the force than Luke. How comes Luke manages to beat Vader even though he only spend a few days with Yoda?
>>
>>64084427
She was trained by Luke since birth. Then at about age of 6, Kylo became an angsty teenager and murdered all other students, except for his little sister.
Then he hid her on Jakku so that Snoke would not find out.
C'mon senpai, desu its very easy to figure out.
>>
>>64086131
but she was losing to him until she had her little meditation session?
>>
I didn't even think about the last part. It's true, it's so fucking weird how they all embraced her and trusted her so quickly and gave her the important mission of finding Luke. What the fuck? Leia treating her like she's her daughter as well. Holy shit, put your agenda aside for a moment and flesh out a decent character.
>>
>>64086177
Do you know how many damn alien races there are? That's why translator droids exist. You don't just learn thousands of languages by being "out and about". Maybe a few of the most highly represented languages on your particular planet, but not random shit like Wookie. The point is clearly that she's a backwoods super-genius who's supposed to continually surprise us with her immense knowledge and skill.
>>
>>64087037
>trained since birth
Please let this be a lie. It was retarded enough that they gave children lightsabers in the prequels. If they show I a scene where a 5 year old Kylo or Rey play around with a lightsaber I'm going to lose all respect for Luke and the wirters
>>
>>64084427
The image doesn't make sense because your comparing two characters with different backstories.

Luke was a farmer and dicked around in the desert drinking beers with his friends and shooting at space cows.

Rey grew up as a scavenger and had to learn to fend on her own. Her being skilled in combat makes sense, to live on your own in the desert you need to be able to survive. Her being alive after being on Jakku for decades is a testament to that survival ability. Having some combat skill is logical and of course the force(even if she's not completely aware of it) has to throw some points in her favor.

She knows as much as Han does about the Millennium Falcon, she doesn't know more she was able to remove the limiter(or whatever it was called) because she wasn't preoccupied with driving the ship. Novelization gives more details but you don't need it to infer things.

Her outmaneuvering the Tie fighters isn't any more ridiculous than Luke managing to navigate around the trenches of the Death Star to shoot it's weak spot, she knows the lay out of the ruins because she spent mad time scavenging it for parts.

She can infer about the mind probing abilities from Kylo Ren, he does the exact same thing to her five seconds prior. Additionally she knows about telekinesis because Kylo Ren once again used it on her five seconds before she realizes she can do it.

The other shit just involves character to character interactions, she spent a whole bunch of time getting to know Han, and Leia took comfort in Rey who was like the only other person around who'd establish a bond with Han and they could emphasize with each other.

Most of the criticism of Rey comes from things not being explicitly stated, just because words are not verbally said I.E "I learned how to fight on Jakku" or "I know thelayout of the ruins" does not mean you can't infer. Then you people complain about movies handholding audiences, ffs.
>>
>scavenges electronics for a living
>refuses to sell a working droid for 2 months worth of rations
lmao nice character development
>>
>"We need a pilot!"
>"We have one!"
>first time she flies at all

She had never flown the Falcon before, she never said she had never flown anything before.
>>
>>64087117
Meh. The language barrier stuff always was weird in star wars. I mean luke was a hillybilly farmer and yet he understood jabba pretty well
>>
>>64086193
>I'm still wondering why she didn't trade BB-8 for the portions, because she showed no signs of being instinctly good at heart, had no actual bond with BB-8 at the time, and the only thing we had learned about her at that point is that she works for fucking portions.
She had more time to bond with BB-8 than with Finn. Just the walk from desert back to the outpost lasted longer than her time with Finn. She just naively befriends everyone.
>>
File: 53647657.jpg (108 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
53647657.jpg
108 KB, 1000x800
>>64086586
Who was controlling the remote?
Checkmate OTfags.
>>
>>64086143
>there would be literally no need for 3PO to exist

Doesn't he only exist because Vader wanted to make something for his mom?
>>
>>64087037
>She was trained by Luke since birth.
What is she, 2-4 when Luke leaves her? So her training started when she was a baby.
>>
>>64087297

Just enough to be able to defeat a trained Sith in saber combat 15 years later tbf
>>
>>64086871

Yeah but after Dooku beats Obi-Wan Anakin goes after him and gets his arm cut off. Later he beats Dooku singlehandedly and kills him in Sith.

>>64087019

There is three years between Empire and Jedi, and Luke was basically training the whole time. Also Vader was conflicted, and clearly didn't want to kill Luke.
>>
>>64086849
The shot was really badly thought-out explanation. The pain should've made him stronger with Dark side.
>>
>>64086204
No cocksucker I live a very shallow existence, fuck you
>>
>>64086340
This desu. Only the prequels made it into a giant "you have to train for years blah blah blah" thing. TFA is much closer to the way the Force worked in the OT.
>>
>>64087297
6-8 would be my guess, but I don't want to google for "little girl pictures" to get a frame of reference.

Also, is it just me or did the voice during that scene ("come one" or something) sound a bit robotic? Like coming from Ren's mask, which is why I think it was him
>>
Anakin was a Gary Stu.
>>
>>64087107
>It's true, it's so fucking weird how they all embraced her and trusted her so quickly and gave her the important mission of finding Luke

Uhhhh... they didn't?

Every time I read nonsense like this, I wonder how much people actually watched the movie instead of staring at their phones.

To recap... Han didn't even intend to bring her and Finn to the Resistance HQ. He offered her a job on the Falcon, which she refused, and then wound up getting captured. This forced Finn to grow some balls and bring the droid to the Resistance himself. After arriving, and explaining Rey's situation to Leia, she brushes her off as an afterthought in relation to the mission at hand. It isn't until after Han fucking DIES, Finn gets mutilated, and Rey "awakens" that Leia embraces her and sends her to Luke, which really makes perfect sense considering it's obvious she needs a teacher.

But go ahead and let a shitty, uninformed MS Paint info-graph sway your opinion about a character's story arch. Don't bother watching the movie again or thinking for yourself.
>>
>>64086586
>>64086849
>trained dark Jedi

Hadn't he only used his lightclaymore to execute unarmed old guys and pitch hissy fits before that duel? He might've been years out of practice of actually dueling lightsabers because he, y'know, killed all his padawan classmates and made his master go into hiding.
>>
>>64087401

No it isn't. Luke didn't just learn all kinds of crazy force techniques right off the bat. He had to train, work, grow, he had to work for it. Rey is boring because she can do everything right away, and that isn't how it worked in the OT. The whole bit on Dagobah with Yoda is clearly meant to emphasize the importance of training.
>>
>>64087519

He literally exterminated all of Luke's new Jedi order. He wasn't some random guy who didn't know what the fuck he was doing, he had killed Jedi apprentices who had more training than Rey ever had.
>>
>>64086849
Oh yes, the magic wound that somehow makes him weaker but still allows him to fight in a way no wounded man would be able to do
>>
>>64087156
They want to be spoonfed. But they also claim they want to "shown, not told."

This board is a joke. The whole fan base is a joke, really.
>>
>>64087572
I was under the impression that Kylo was older than the other Jedi trainees he killed.
>>
>>64087704
He was. Again. It's obvious everyone who shit talks tFA didn't even pay attention to the movie and were shitposting about how bad it was before even leaving the theater.
>>
>>64084427
still mary sueish as fuck
>>
>>64084427
Fuck off Disney shill. Your film was bad get over it.
>>
>>64087704
Kylo is around 30 and Rey is 19.
>>
>>64087037
Just Dragonball my shit up.
>>
>>64087156
>"To understand major character details that aren't in the movie, buy the novelization!"
>>
I guess most complaints come from the fact that Rey's big "epiphany" comes much earlier than Luke's.

Luke's final stage of his training and becoming a Jedi was confronting Vader and following The Force's guidance on what to do (or, rather, what not to do). Rey's intrinsic understanding of The Force was more immediate and prodigious.

The only thing I felt was missing was a sense of Rey's vulnerability. Luke almost got bitch-deathed by force lightning, almost gave into the urges of the Dark Side, and ultimately only really became a Jedi out of necessity. Maybe all that will be explored for Rey in a subsequent film, but her primary "arc" arrived in one film where it took Luke three.

I don't think her Sueishness is as profound as others may think, but she still need a lot of work done on her character to make her idealized traits more subdued.
>>
>>64084427
Daisy Ridley is cute.
CUTE!
>>
>>64088073
>Rey's vulnerability

Yeah, she had none. It really did her character a disservice. If they want to get women on board they should have had her be more realistic. She should have at least been emotionally vulnerable.
>>
>>64088047
DLC has ruined movies now. You have to buy the book to know want happened.
>>
>>64088174
George had to make a six season cartoon to explain the cluster fuck that is the prequels.
>>
>>64086133
What the fuck is a droid programmes for etiquette and protocol? You think those moisture evaporators speak basic?

I fucking hate star wars casuals. TV threads have made me realize this. Except that one thread where all the decent fans somehow pooled together to have a decent discussions couple days ago.
>>
>>64088223
nice try faggot but no the cartoon is between two movie. the other fags are saying you have to read a book of the movie you saw to get the hole story of the movie.
>>
>>64086582
Who's scruffy looking?
>>
>>64087572
Rey is probably much stronger with the Force by nature than the other apprentices, since she's more than likely a Skywalker.
>>
>>64088147
She'd been fending for herself in a Mad Max desert wasteland working for scraps by salvaging junk... why would any of that led to her being emotionally vulnerable? Have you ever talked to someone who's been through years of trauma or lived for years in a hostile environment? I can assure you that they're not very forthcoming with their emotions, like, ever.
>>
>>64088701

>And then she goes and gets all soft for a fucking droid

There goes your premise
>>
>>64088762
I wouldn't really call it "going soft." She told it to fuck off, then let it stay for a night out of pity. The only reason she didn't sell it was half out of a sense of pride (she wouldn't have been any better than that other dude who tried to strip him for parts) and empathy (droid was abandoned, sort of, just like she was). So, it's understandable and totally fits within the character's construction.
>>
>>64088547
Kylo is a Skywalker too. Just saying.
>>
>>64084427

Okay, my two cents here.

Listen, I like Max Landis, he does some pretty fun stuff, but I think he's been on TV tropes a bit too much.

While I would agree Rey has it a bit easy on some points story wise, I wouldn't call her a Mary Sue.

For one, she nearly DID kill them all by releasing those Cthulhu tentacle rape beasts on Han's ship. Only by dumb luck (ie plot armor) did she manage to save Finn,

She's also got a pretty good case of the "scared of her destiny" disease. She is a reluctant hero for quite a bit, especially after seeing those force visions. She literally says fuck it and runs for the hills.

The only real criticism I've got for Rey is that her relationship with Han was positive way to fast. I feel it would have given the relationship alot more worth if she had to earn Han's turst. Emotional impact would also have been quite a bit better if Han hadn't offered her the job until they were on starkiller base (having EARNED his respect before that). Would also have added to the weight of Han's death. I DO think however, that this dynamic is going to be saved for her and Luke, and thats why it wasnt included in TFA.

We'll see, but I definitely wouldn't call Rey a flat or cheap character.
>>
>>64088862

If she's a scavenger, she's a hard ass who sees the direct value in taking that damn droid and getting a couple months of food you dumb shit

Not selective "well, this one's cute so I'm going to keep it as a pet tee hee"

All she should know is toughness and looking out for #1
>>
File: wow.jpg (13 KB, 474x349) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
13 KB, 474x349
>>64086257
Instead we get the notion that the Force is basically God, who bestows visions on those that touch important material possessions such as Anakin's lightsaber, and who supplies power boosts to characters whenever the plot demands it.

That's obviously so much better than at least trying a new take on Yoda's eastern philosophy-inspired teachings.
>>
>>64089211
She's not a hardass. Just emotionally sequestered. They clue you in on this by the big ass log she keeps of the days she's been on Jakku and the old rebel junk helmet she wears while pretending to pilot a starship.

You gotta pay attention to more than just dialogue, bruh. granted, the movie's pacing is retarded fast, but everything you need to know about Rey this early in the story is there.
>>
>>64084427
Luke had a relatively comfy life, he just shot at rats in his speeder and the tuskan raiders tended to stay away from human settlements.

Rey meanwhile lived a life of CONSTANT rape and theft and assault, she probably had to fight guys off every single day from trying to steal her salvage just to survive, remember she wasn't even paid in money, her region was so poor she worked all day just to earn a bite to eat. I'm actually not at all upset that she's a much better fighter than even Kylo Ren (who's just a pampered brat who lets his troopers do the work)

However, I do object to how she apparently knows so much about fixing up starships. Sure, she can salvage them, but would she really know how to make the Falcon FLY? Doesn't seem likely.
>>
>>64089184
this guy gets it

"journey of the hero 101" stuff, honestly
>>
Rey's not a mary sue because her trilogy arc is going to be her falling to the darkside. She's going to be pissed how Luke just wants to be a hermit, the resistance is so ineffectual, the empire/order just keep building weapons, nothing ever changes, etc, so she's going to want to seize more and more power to "make things right". She's going to end up being the REAL "Vader" in these films, in the way that OT backstory Anakin was hinted to be but the PT failed to realize.
>>
>>64089398
She knows about starships because she used to sneak on the Falcon and fuck around. She also used to pilot quad-jumpahs to move cargo around. Visual dictionary is already plugging plot holes.
>>
>>64089536
If she snuck on the Falcon and has spent time working on it, than shouldn't she know it isn't actually garbage?
>>
>>64089363

It was a moment of out of place emotional vulnerability.
>>
>>64089480
Disney doesn't have the guts to make her evil. The only way that happens is if she goes bad but then comes back to the good side at the end. Do you realize how much backlash they would get for making the female evil?
>>
>>64089398
>would she really know how to make the Falcon FLY?

this is actually star wars canon

Luke only knew how to fly desert speeders but he was confident he can fly an X-wing - and he did it well

Force sensitives have a massive aptitude for flying anyway
>>
>>64089749
I don't mean fly the ship-- I mean make it fly, as in do all the necessary repairs and tweaks necessary to get it up and running. She knows more than Han about the wiring and internals of the ship.
>>
>>64089785

She spent her whole life INSIDE starships, literally explained in the first scene

you people really need to work on your viewing comprehension
>>
>>64089749

Yep

Anakin flies a Naboo Fighter being a fucking kid and haven't piloted no shit but podracers and destroys a confederacy major ship (by luck, but whatever)

Luke flies the X-Wing and destroys the Death Star (Use the Force, Luke) after piloting nothing but sand speeders

So Rey piloting the Falcon kinda makes sense (she could have been less spectacular on the ruins but whatever)

Now the part where she defeats Kylo Ren makes no, fucking, sense
>>
>>64089878
She spent her whole life TAKING APART WRECKED STARSHIPS, not putting them back together and making them work.
>>
>>64084427
THANK YOU BASED ANON.
>>
>>64089580
no, see>>64088862
>>
>stupid plastic character thats perfect in every way
>character with flaws who grows over time

HURR DURR UR JUST MISOGGYKNEEST REY'S A GUD CHARACTER LUEK'S GHEY

Fuck off turd.
>>
luke is an iconic character

people won't give a shit about rey after this trilogy
>>
>>64089480
People keep saying this, but...

This is Disney we're talking about.
>>
>>64089922
...you are just grasping at air now, man.
>>
>>64089914
Luke used a T-16 Skyhopper to kill womp rats. The T-16 was similar to the X-Wing.
>>
>>64090076
>The facts don't back me up but I'm going to keep posting anyway because now my ego is hurt
good job now you look like an idiot
>>
Luke sucked at being a Jedi until Return of the Jedi. He just didn't had the right mind set, and Yoda kept telling him how he sucks in Empire. But Everyone take him as the bar of reference for some reason.
>>
>she was a scavenger who went in ships so she obviously knows how to fly it.

J E S U S C H R I S T
>>
>>64086340
yeah, but that was in a training environment, that didn't mean he was ready to deflect beams from an actual combatant trying to fuck his shit up in a real fight and he sure as hell wasn't going to bring the stupid blindfold helmet into a fight because "hey I did it while in training, so it should work here"
>>
>>64090156
>>64090208

You are literally bitching about how someone who has spent their entire life taking apart starships and is a magical space wizard wouldn't have a sufficient enough knowledge about how to pilot a starship to reasonably justify suspension of disbelief. Hell, she even states that she's piloted starships before, but that's not good enough either.

OK.
>>
>>64090324
>I lost the argument but my feelings still hurt reeeee pay attention to me
nah
>>
>>64090124
>T-16 Skyhopper
I doubt his uncle would let him have one.
>>
>>64086941
So everyone there speaks Wookie enough for a person to learn it?
Are you dumb?
>>
>>64090342
>my shit opinion got exposed as puerile drivel, so I'm going to keep posting inane nonsense and claim victory despite having no meaningful rebuttal to offer

OK
>>
>>64090500
>trying this hard to reflect the same sick burn back and thinking if you spend five minutes dolling it up with yout thesaurus people will give a shit
Pretty sad
>>
I WHOLE HEARTEDILY AGREE
>>
File: 1450915956419.jpg (119 KB, 695x642) Image search: [Google]
1450915956419.jpg
119 KB, 695x642
>>64084427
Sure reddit has arrived
>>
>>64087218
Well, she's a scavenger for a living. She knows value, and when he's offering many times its worth (look at her expression when he offers it, and remember that the other scavenger didn't fight her for it when she told him to back off) she'd rather keep it.
>>
It's not a problem with the lore, it's a problem with the narrative progression/tension (i.e. the lack thereof).
>>
>>64090625
Also, you know, the Force. "Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts"

She felt something was off. She was ready to do it (she grab as much as she can) But she didn't know what, but it felt wrong.
>>
>>64090574
Bruh, I can keep posting forever. I have no life and make no illusions to have one. But feel free to keep trying to get in the last word, as if that somehow substitutes for having a well constructed, defensible argument that isn't rooted in emotions.
>>
>>64090781
>Bruh, I can keep posting forever
*clicks filter* Bye bye!
>>
>>64090324
When did she say that she flew starships? I'm pretty sure she said she didn't know how to pilot. I'll back off if you prove to me that she said it.
>>
>>64090807
:^)

>>64090816
When they're running to the quad jumper.
>>
>>64084427
Ray lost the fight with Kylo, he had her beat, even injured, she then closes her eyes and the force takes over and kicks his emo ass.
>>
>>64090831
Yeah but when they were in the ship i'm pretty sure she said that she didn't know what she was doing.
>>
>>64090831
>>64090865
I'm just gonna watch it again later. Now at this point I can't even remember properly. lol
>>
again

I don't give a shit that rey can FLY
yeah, sure, force geeks can fly anything, that's fine, I literally don't care.

what is retarded is that she's a genius of ship design and repairs that KNOWS MORE ABOUT HOW TO FIX THE FALCON THAN HAN FUCKING SOLO
>Han: uh duuhhrr why my ship no go
>Rey: [rolls eyes] You have to detach the compressor reverse the polarity doohicky blah blah, UGH MEN I'll do it myself!
>>
Can we talk about how stupid the scene with them on the freighter is? That monster wrecks all of the mercenaries but doesn't hurt Finn. Are those monsters racist? Don't want to eat dark meat?
>>
>>64084427
What's more interesting the secret history of someone who is incompetent or the secret history of someone who can mysteriously do things. She's clearly surprised herself as too her ability to fly. Who she is and why she can do things is going to be the big episode 8 reveal and the thing everyone is whining about is just foreshadowing, though the idiots will think it's some kind of retcon.
>>
>>64090924
Solo didn't see the falcon for a decade or more. During that time it passed between owners three times. Each one made modifications. The last owner was Rey's boss. So if she knows the Falcon better than Solo does at this point of time, is that really even surprising?
>>
>>64090978
That was a great pulp sci-fi monster scene with genuinely awesome bug-eyed tentacle monsters and you should feel shame for not liking it.
>>
>>64091062
>works on the legendary millenium falcon whose lore she idolizes
>still calls it garbage
>"knows" ships but isn't able to recognize that it's got more power than its exterior implies
Shit writing tbqwh
>>
>>64091062
BUT SHE'S A GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRL
>>
>>64091155
>implying the millenium falcon isn't garbage

also that quadjumper might just have been way better/faster/stronger
>>
>>64090843
This. Remember, Luke barely had any training at all, too. Yoda explains that it's more about believing rather than building Force muscles.
>>
>>64091155
Yeah, a person who takes old broken things apart and makes them work again to survive all day everyday four 9 years shouldn't know how to fix things on a ship better then a person who was a fairly shitty mechanic on that ship 30 years ago.
>>
>>64091155
It's 30 year old tech that could have easily been the same model but not Han's Millenium Falcon.
>>
File: 16573333043_7e80d718c4_c.jpg (37 KB, 800x347) Image search: [Google]
16573333043_7e80d718c4_c.jpg
37 KB, 800x347
>>64090369
You can see it parked in the backround in A New Hope.
>>
>>64091221
The Quadjumper is all engine, it must go like a bat out of hell.
>>
File: 131672724.png (337 KB, 461x586) Image search: [Google]
131672724.png
337 KB, 461x586
Question :

What is the Star Killer exactly?It looked like the Death Star but it had atmosphere.

Was it 100% artificial like the Death Star or was it a base on a planet that got continuously expanded so much that it was 99% base headquarters and 1% land?
>>
>>64091292
Except she doesn't make things work again. She takes old broken things apart and then gives the junk to her boss for table scraps. You really think you could get a jet working if you stumbled across a scrapped rusty wreckage half-buried in the desert? She isn't trained in how ships work. She's trained in "this tiny part is valuable, find as many of these as you can".
>>
>>64091269
I kinda think the training is about turning it on and off at will and having control of it, not about strength.
>>
>>64091376
She's also alone and has to fend for herself. Who do you think does the repairs on her own vehicles? She needs to be able to identify if parts are valuable too, and the value seriously fluctuates as we saw, which is where identifying what the thing is for is an asset to her trade.
>>
>>64091376
This tiny part is worth a weeks food in working condition and a quarter of a days food busted. Plus it's cannon she built her speeder from junk.
>>
>>64091481
>Plus it's cannon she built her speeder from junk.
What part of the movie did they say this in?
>>
>>64086520
>I don't get how 3PO knew their language at all
He explains it in the movie as being a more primitive dialect of one of his known languages.
Since he is effectively a walking computer, it wouldn't take much for him to become semi-fluent.
>>
>>64091351
looked to me like they transformed a planet and made it into a base. Dug out it's innards and put technology in there somehow.
>>
>>64091537
yeah, like they dug out a basement too much.
>>
>>64091496
Did you see any shop except the place she give pieces against portions of food ?
>>
>>64091567
>thinking indentured servants aren't given equipment so they can do their jobs
>thinking any damages to said equipment aren't used to extend the duration of their servitude
You're really new at this aren't you?
>>
>>64090469
The film makes it obvious she's been trading there for a while. Given that it's a nice place to disappear/trade contraband, it's not far-fetched to imagine Wookies passing through on occasion.
>>
>>64084427
why do idiots keep defending this film?

is some deep-rooted issue that they need to let everyone else around know that they are an exceptionally special person on this board capable of shit opinions?
>>
>>64089749
Luke had a T-16 which was an actual atmospheric fighter craft. Being a fighter pilot was literally the only thing he was good at in New Hope.
>>
>>64087194
C-3PO was translating for Luke. The only person who seemed to understand Jabba was Han Solo who also spoke Wookiee.
>>
>>64093243
So Han Solo was a fucking Gary Sue then?
>>
>everyone trying to explain how she can do all this shit, by making stuff up.

Do you fuckers know what foreshadowing is you retards?
Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.