[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
[grunting intensifies]
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 1920x1080
[grunting intensifies]
>>
File: revenant.jpg (33 KB, 490x177) Image search: [Google]
revenant.jpg
33 KB, 490x177
>>
File: rb.jpg (20 KB, 434x136) Image search: [Google]
rb.jpg
20 KB, 434x136
>>
>>64076200
[intensing intensifies]
>>
>>64076200
It's my moty
2 and a half hours just flew by
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 392x503) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 392x503
>>64077113
>>64077142
>I'm the only one who loved Benjamin Button
>>
>>64077113
what did he mean by this?
not even memeing, what is he talking about?
>>
>>64077113

>green screen

This was one of the most grueling movies to make in recent history because of the autistic obsession of the director to use as much natural light as possible, as much nature as possible, and to have the actors reaction to the harsh environment as genuine as possible. And regardless of how anyone feels about the story, the one thing that is undeniable, is that the movie is master fucking class in cinematography.
>>
>>64077466
The Revenant
>used cgi for the bear and ghost wife
>used stuntmen for the stunts (this is a negative for him I guess)
Though unlike Fincher movies there is was a lot less cgi
His follow up is basically saying the movie is too Grimm and takes itself too seriously
>>
>Dicaprio gets his ass whipped by the woods for 3 hours

it was still bretty good.
>>
>>64077523
Both green screen and Benjamin Button seem like random inserts for something else.
>>
>>64077542
>used cgi for the bear and ghost wife
That's not even green screen. Green screen would be used for the background, but in The Revenant everything is filmed in natural locations (and it's also one of the main gimmicks of the movie)
>used stuntmen for the stunts (this is a negative for him I guess)
Leo still did 98% of the work himself, including lying in the cold ground, swimming in the cold water, etc.

I didn't even like the movie that much but this dude is cherry picking wrong cherries.
>>
>>64077671
horse over cliff scene not bear
stunt men did the stunts not leo
doing his job isnt stunts.
>>
>>64077448
your face explains it all
>>
>>64077448
goat movie
>>
the nerd who played the captain, same guy who played in ex machina, cant act for shit
>>
>>64077113
benjamin button was actually watchable unlike the revenant
>>
>>64077466
He is saying he is about to give a hate filled eight word review, then he says 'for all the talk about doing it the real way, it makes no difference, it's every bit as dumb as CGI green screen crap
>>
>>64078332
It was a lame attempt at humor since Hateful 8 is releasing beside it.
He literally thought about making a hateful 8 joke but couldn't find the right words to fit
>>
>>64077200
Are you joking? It was one of the most self important movies I've ever seen with cliché screenwriting around every corner and the poorest utilization of Lubezki to date, despite him creating his magnum opus
>>
The movie is good, but Eddie should still get an oscar for Jewery Intensifies. Sorry, Leo
>>
>>64077877
this
he ruined every scene that he was in
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.