[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ADAPTATION WHEN >inb4 we already have Mad Max
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 2000px-Fallout_logo.svg.png (192 KB, 2000x762) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Fallout_logo.svg.png
192 KB, 2000x762
ADAPTATION WHEN

>inb4 we already have Mad Max
>>
>>64075212
it would be poop
>>
>>64075212
go away /v/eddit.
>>
It would be shit
>>
>>64075212
>>>/v/
>>
>>64075212
would need to be a HBO-tier show desu

first season is all in the vault, ends with our main man having the "wow look at this wasteland i never seen before" moment
>>
>>64075328
lmao no

it just needs to have villains as cool as the Master and also the Enclave should be made non-shit again
>>
>>64075212
The only good video game movie was Postal and that was by Uwe Boll
>>
>>64075212
>not accepting that /v/ is a perfectly good form of visual story telling and none of the major hits in that genre actually need a blockbuster film to enhance/sum up/expand on any stories or characters.

Come on dude. Enjoy the format that made these lures so incredible. Silent hill did not do well in the box office because it was a necessary to the franchise's story. Appreciate the art and recognize where it needs to stay to flourish. Even 3 hrs would not be enough to do justice to a fallout plot cinematically.
>>
File: mortal_kombat_02.jpg (651 KB, 3000x1967) Image search: [Google]
mortal_kombat_02.jpg
651 KB, 3000x1967
>>64075393
lookit dis fag
>>
Would be surprising if they weren't planning a movie of this. Must be better than that Warcraft movie.
>>
>>64075366
>just need cool edgy villains ;)

AMC-tier
>>
We already have A Boy and His Dog.
>>
There is no reason to have a movie made based off a video game. Video games are based off movies anyway, and the movies they're based off of are way better.
>>
>>64075212
i would agree but seeing the quality of fallout 4 it gives me little hope

not a bad game but very dumbed down and i assume the IP would be treated the same way in television format
>>
shit story and shit setting
we definetly need an film for that!!
>>
>>64075690
not every video game is based of film

thats like saying every film is based of literature and literature is superior as a result

that is some next level retard logic
>>
>>64075212
let's be real. the charm of fallout is playing the story the way you want. if i'm following some faceless protagonist around for an hour and some change, I'm gonna be pissed if he doesn't kill/befriend the people I want him to.
>>
>>64075719
>thats like saying every film is based of literature and literature is superior as a result

You answered yourself
>>
>>64075719
>thats like saying every film is based of literature
That's kinda the case though, outside of sci. fi. maybe.
>>
I thought about it at length and have come to the conclusion that it would not work (vidya shouldn't be adapted to begin with) without stripping it completely and entirely redoing everything in order to make something at least a little artistically viable.

You'd have to get rid of all the lore besides the Vaults and change up the timeline completely, and ridding it of all the staple elements of the franchise in order to make it more realistic and synchronitic with our world.

Also, I would like to see it done in the style of Malick.
>>
I've been writing something of a mock script for a Fallout television series after having beaten Fallout 4, and since I gave up a whopping ten pages in, I guess I'll just share it with you guys so you can tell me how shit it is.

The story focuses on Kent Carmichael, a resident of Vault 117 - he is one of twenty-or-so inhabitants subjected to discreet routines which would amplify aggressive behavior.

Everything from his food and drink diet to his sleeping schedule is carefully chosen to instill violent urges in him and the twenty other subjects of Vault 117's "Behavior Manipulation Matrix."

His work as the Vault's sole ventilation technician brings him late one night to a server room wherein there is a faulty coolant duct which threatens to throw the whole room into meltdown.

He gets there and, to his surprise, finds another Vault-dweller whom he knows nothing about other than his first name: Hector. He is kneeling in one of the server aisles and his Pip-Boy connected to a server.

Carmichael knows that only he and a few other citizens are allowed to roam the Vault during sleeping hours, and even then it is only for work-related duties.

Hector is visibly surprised to see Carmichael and acts suspiciously in defense of his being there.

Carmichael moves to a corner of the room and unscrews the section of the wall where the malfunctioning coolant duct is. Before even prying it open, Hector is gone.

I guess I just needed to get that off my chest, seeing as I'm going absolutely nowhere with it.

Opinions?
>>
>>64075212
Mad Max is terrible. We need a Fallout movie, but I guess The Book of Eli was close enough.
>>
Hopefully it would be based on New Vegas
>>
>>64076807
The direction you seem to be bringing it would work as an anthology series (I don't know what you had in mind), so maybe this could work as a pilot script or proof of concept.

If you've only ever played Fallout 4, please throw that shit out and focus your time on researching the og games as well as NV, as well as Tactics if you get to it.
>>
>>64075328
Alright, my autism has it, here's the rundown. It's a HBO series, 13 1 hour episodes per season

Season 1
>Pilot is all inside the Vault, leaves it in the end
>Main companion is Ian, Tandi is in a couple of episodes
>Vault Dweller is in list late 20's, he's a naive, nice man that faces the horrors of the wastes, as episodes goes on he gets hardened by it all, becomming more ruthless and survivalist
>End is literally the same as F1, just add that some people left with him, Maybe plays, all that shit

Season 2
>Chosen One is a guy in his early 20's, maybe a bit brown to add to the whole tribal thing
>Unlike the Dweller, he's more savvy and cunning, episodes will consist of him trying to one-up everyone in the Wasteland
>Main companion is Cassidy, but Marcus, Goris and Myron appear in some episodes
>Meets Kellog one episode
>Impregnates Angela Bishop

Season 3
>Lone Wanderer is an 18 year old teenage girl that's not cut out for the world, wasteland crushes her after she survives rape attempts, is badly damaged, all that shit
>She hardens enough to survive and actually find her father
>Doesn't care about the entire BoS vs Enclave conflict, she just wants her dad
>Gets thrown into it after he dies
>Has a breakdown when she's given all this responsability even though she's just a teen
>F3 has literally shit companions, so maybe Dogmeat and Butch maybe, couple of episodes?
>Mention the Commonwealth and Synths, I guess

>Season 4 and 5
>Courier in his mid-30's, he's essentially blondie from The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
>First season is all about hunting down Benny and developing the companions, season 2 is the major conflict
>Each main faction gets an episode
>All companions are in, besides Lilly I guess for budget reasons, it's a rotating cast of people that will eventually become a family
>NCR ending
>1 episode dedicated to Dead Money

I haven't finished F4 yet, but I think it needs to be 2 seasons too, and a mom protagonist would work better
>>
The tv show revolution reminded me of fallout
>>
>>64077286
>it's a rotating cast of people that will eventually become a family
I really wanted this to happen. All the companions settling down together out in the desert, making their own life, caring for each other like a family.
>>
I think they should just do a Dead Money movie. How hard could it be to make it good? You'd barely have to change anything. Make Elijah an ex-Nazi scientist, Christine Royce a CIA agent, Dog/God just a big schizophrenic guy with muscles and tattooes, and get Barry Dennen back to play Dean Domino.
>>
>>64075366
The Master is a cliché villain that would just make people groan nowadays.
>>
>>64078243
I can support this. Dead Money is great enough to stand on it's own.

Maybe make Dean an actual corpse brought back to life by nazi experiments. Then he can actually have that connection to the Sierra.

Courier can be a seedy hitman looking for money, then you can work the ''letting go'' part of the thing.
>>
File: 1422660424432.jpg (58 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1422660424432.jpg
58 KB, 500x500
>playing western trash

How about you play something that rewards skills instead of those endless rolling dice simulators that only reward luck?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.