[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sicario
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: sicario.jpg (1 MB, 3946x2695) Image search: [Google]
sicario.jpg
1 MB, 3946x2695
I know i'm probably late to the party, but damn was this movie real good.

Kind of a look into the kind of shady shit the CIA probably do all the time.

Favorite part was the tunnel assault. Really showed how high speed and crazy some of those delta boys are.

Brolin did a really good job portraying a spook. Also, is Del Toro supposed to be CIA as well or just a hitman for the Columbian cartel?
>>
He is from the Colombian cartel and he decided to help cia because the guy that he kills while dinning killed her daughter.
>>
>>64075042
How is he so well trained then? You don't just learn the shit he did from killing people.

He was operator as fuck and atleast up to standard with the spec ops dudes.
>>
He was a prosecutor from Columbia working in Juarez Mexico who's family was murdered by the Mexican cartels. The Colombians used this and sent him loose on the Mexicans providing him intel in exchange for helping the Medellin Cartel regain control of the drug trade.
>>
>>64075098
Probably happened a long time ago and he's been trained by the CIA since.
>>
Brolin was too cavalier for my taste
>>
>>64075098
Read up on the School of the Americas and l2history, nigger.
>>
File: sicario.jpg (55 KB, 630x419) Image search: [Google]
sicario.jpg
55 KB, 630x419
best character coming through
>>
OPERATOR
P
E
R
A
T
O
R
>>
>>64075198
>School of the Americas

Thanks for the hot tip, but it doesn't say Columbia participated

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Hemisphere_Institute_for_Security_Cooperation

Learn me, please.
>>
>>64075098
Thats the thing about his character, he's open to interpretation or whatever its called
You need to fill in the blanks
>>
>>64075247
>Thanks for the hot tip, but it doesn't say Columbia participated
>fake passports
>he distorted the truth/lied
>etc
Play with your own headcanon until the sequel is released.
>>
>>64075233
He fucked up those mexicans pretty quickly. Wonder why we didn't see him after the interrogation.

Also, did Del Toro make that guy suck his dick or did he waterboard him? The sound effects make it seem like he raped the dude.
>>
>>64075349

Neither... Belly full of water. They made him drink that whole gallon of water until he suffocated.
>>
>>64074964

Del Toro, used to be a prosecutor in Mexico. Mexican cartel beheaded his wife and submerged his daughter into a barrel of acid.

He wanted vengeance so from that point on he became a mercenary for the Colombian cartel.

When the movie starts he works with the CIA to find and kill some of the top brass of the Mexican cartel, including the one who slaughtered his family, so the CIA backed Medellin Cartel can take over.
>>
>>64075710
I'm pretty sure that he was working for one of the cartels already back when he was a prosecutor.
>>
>>64075098

This isn't rocket science man...

Of the thousands of mercenaries employed in Iraq, how many do you think actually had spec ops training? Jesus even CallofDuty Jihadists can operate pretty good after only a couple of training in Syria.
>>
>>64075767

When exactly does it say so in the movie?
>>
File: was it.jpg (105 KB, 1908x793) Image search: [Google]
was it.jpg
105 KB, 1908x793
>>64075349

I think he sexually assaulted him in some manner, they zoom the camera in on the unused water jug as if hes saving that for later
>>
>>64075801

jihadists are notoriously shit and last on average 2 months after signing up

I think it's mostly because, well, one they have shit training, and two the gun culture in the middle east is not so much target shooting for self defense, but entirely for farming, so they have guns to just fire in the air to scare off predators from their land, and they carry that into battle and do pleb shit like fire from the hip if not instructed properly
>>
>>64075828

after Emily Blunt gets shot and comes staggering out she has it explained to her that they are pretty much fighting to instal a columbian cartel because at least things were more stable and less violent when they used to be in control
>>
>>64075859

Good enough to murder hundreds of people in Europe whenever they feel like it.
>>
>>64075876

It really doesn't mean Del Toro was part of the Medellin Cartel before his family got killed.

Actually I remember Brody saying Del Toro has been fighting for whoever would give him the opportunity for reveange since his family was killed.
>>
Is this going to be one of those films that gets nominated for a ton of awards but does not win any significant ones?
>>
>>64075971
I think that Alejandro is supposed to be Mexican. He has Mexican mannerism when speaking Spanish, and none characteristically Colombian. Since Del Toro is Puerto Rican, I think this is intentional, which would support the view that the character is a Mexican working for the Colombians as a way to enact his revenge.
>>
>>64075940

shooting unarmed people stuck in a theater from a balcony doesn't take much skill
>>
>>64076011
pls no ;_;
>>
>>64076132
no, that can't be. Every Mexican he met kept referring to him as Medellin (Colombian)
>>
>>64076011
I really hope it gets something for the score.
>>
File: dumb mexican.jpg (134 KB, 1920x797) Image search: [Google]
dumb mexican.jpg
134 KB, 1920x797
what was his goal here guys?it's pretty fucking stupid
>>
It will be tough with Carol competing.
>>
>>64076805
Meant as a reply to >>64076751
>>
Shitty movie praised by plebs
>>
>>64076967
Quality post
>>
>>64076775
killing the op members.....
>>
>>64077071
unlike the neocon mess named Shitcario
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.