[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long did it take you to realize it was a PoS movie? It took
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 4
File: swtfa-posterart-1.jpg (318 KB, 750x499) Image search: [Google]
swtfa-posterart-1.jpg
318 KB, 750x499
How long did it take you to realize it was a PoS movie?

It took me three days.
>>
Phlick of the Sentury?

Negative ten seconds, friendo.

I knew it before I saw this hella epic movie. : DDD
>>
File: 11.png (143 KB, 749x218) Image search: [Google]
11.png
143 KB, 749x218
>>64074862
>>
>>64074862
About halfway through when I was ready to leave
>>
>>64074963
I loved it as well, until I thought about it some more.
>>
>>64074862
Is like they ran out of ideas after the first 30 minutes and afterthat they decided to just rip-off the original trilogy.
>>
>>64074862
I marathoned the first 10 minutes and knew it was a shit flick
>>
During the actual movie when I realized that Disney had fooled the world again.
>>
>>64074862
As soon as she used the mind trick in the movie I was no longer able to enjoy it.
>>
From the title crawl cause I'm not a brainwashed faggot like the rest of you.

Death to Disney! Viva Lucas!
>>
>>64075064

actually liked it more upon second viewing
>>
Is it just me or was this film saved in editing? There's so much dumb shit, but it raves by so fast that we can barely think "wait, thus using right" before the next big moment.
>>
>>64076404
Holy fuck I need to double check my posts before submitting.
>>
>>64074862
Right when the "so who talks first?" quip happened
>>
>>64076404
The editing was probably a nightmare for this one. They cut out major parts of the story. And it kinda showed. So no, editing really didn't save this since it was obvious large parts were cut.
>>
>>64075838
I am pondering what would happen if I go see it again. I have too many questions about it, maybe I would see things I missed to satisfy me.
>>
>>64076464
They cut out large parts that sucks or didn't fit or slowed the pace. I wonder if this movie would suck even more if shit was explained thoroughly, like mideclhlorians or the bomb in anakin's head.
>>
I was 19 when I saw the last prequel movie and they were extremely meh, Lucas pissed me off big time with bullshit like anakin making C3PO midichlorians and all that.

But all in all they were watchable and had cool stuff going for them that I enjoyed.

I did not enjoy even a minute of TFA, I wanted to leave but I paid for the ticket so I figured I will stay until the end but holy shit it was bad. There is NOTHING Star Wars about that movie, it just pretends to be an SW movie.
>>
>>64074963

People are casual plebs. What the fuck is your point?
>>
>>64076541
Where is broke for me is I've seen the OT just before TFA.

For the first time I saw the magic in OT and found it charming as hell.

didn't make it 20 min into episode 2
>>
>>64075259

yeah true something's up with that crawl famalam. can someone post a cap/transcript of it and we can deconstruct it a little?
>>
First watch: that movie moved way too quick, too fast paced, feels like i just ran a race
second watch: ok now i get it a little bit more
third watch: i actually really like this movie
>>
>>64076604
hmm weird take on it

didn't you wish it was more?
>>
Skeptical after the Nth escape scene in a row. Knew it was fucking garbage after Rey mind trick scene.
>>
Every person I have ever heard talk shit about this movie has been trying - TRYING - to make themselves not like it.

It was a perfectly good movie. Like the originals, it had some moments where things weren't perfect, but when every other moment of the movie is flawless those moments tend to stand out more.

Plus, whenever I ask someone who was talking shit about the movie what they didn't like when we were face-to-face, it's just a bunch of tryhards stumbling over prepared lines they're parroting from the internet.

/tv/ in a nutshell, really.
>>
>>64077239
Would you expect anything else from anonymous reddit?
>>
When pretty much all tension in the scene where poe is caught is defused with a quip
>>
>>64074862
I actually like it more the more I think about it. Which is rare, and the sign of a well-made film.
>>
>>64077307
That's when you realize the movie's great
>>
>>64077239
i mean it's fine
a lot of the arguing is normalfags encountering movie loving faggots and not understanding why they're so upset
when you compare most modern films to classics they all seem really shitty
>>
>>64076558
>im the patrician, the only guy with taste here
>>
Prequels were better desu
>>
>>64074862
its a good movie. Red Letter Media guy said so
>>
>>64079507
redditletitmedia
>>
>movie was so good it took me 3 days to learn how to efficiently hate it
>>
>>64074862
when rey argues for bb-8 instead of fighting for him, after luke doll and luke helmet
>>
Good movie. rey is the worst star wars character in existence though
>>
>>64077239
i liked it. it was still a shit movie.
>>
>>64074862
It took me until starkiller base being destoryed on my first watch
>>
I knew it was shit within the first 5 minutes.
>>
Black people
>>
>STOP GRABBING MY HAND
>HIT IT WITH EVERYTHING YOU GOT
>WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
A Disney movie through and through.
>>
>>64074862

The moment Kylo Ren started speaking the doubts began.

When Han was giving his "The light side. The Dark side. It's all true." monologue, I knew the movie was superlatively mediocre.
>>
>>64077326

You're trying to cope, anon.
>>
it's one of those movies you have to turn off your brain to enjoy. that's not necessarily a bad thing, though. just enjoy the action and cool bits.
>>
When did you realize you guys where hipsters? I bet if it sucked you guys would of loved it. See Dredd for example.
>>
>>64080126
>current year
>using the word 'hipster' unironically
Your old age is showing.
>>
>>64076404
>lol its a rehash so it mustve been saved in editing just like the original star wars just like tv told me
Fuck off
>>
While I was watching. I was even surprised how little I was enjoying it, I expected it to be OK. But at about the hour and a half mark I just wanted it to be over.
>>
File: that 10 out of 10 casting.png (328 KB, 748x491) Image search: [Google]
that 10 out of 10 casting.png
328 KB, 748x491
>>64074963
Honestly, though, what the hell is wrong with people? I actually enjoyed the movie, really, but it is far from being this good. It also has a 9 on IMDB. How?

I think the prequels, especially III were a lot better than TFA and felt way more like Star Wars, yet they have a 6 or something. How come everyone suddenly has lower standards for TFA?
>>
>>64080710
Because most people disagree with you. And it only felt more like star wars because you saw 3 movies of it. The prequels do not have the same feel as the OT.
>>
>>64080710
Lots of people liked the prequels on release, I'm guessing after people realise how forgettable tfa was it will fall in score. People are just happy to see some lightsaber waving again.
>>
>>64080800
Who cares what most people agree or disagree with when they can't express their opinions properly. They're animals. More people also buy and listen to Justin Bieber than whatever is your favourite band.
>>
>>64074862
It's not shit, it's a 7/10 child's fantasy movie and not the Citizen Kane someone told me it was.

It's good at what it does. Nothing more.
>>
I'm at the point where if I hear or read about someone shit talking this movie without making a constructive argument or conceding some level of praise for being better than the prequels, I just can't take them seriously.

It's ok to like things other people like. Get over yourself.
>>
>>64081215
Even the idea of the map plot is shit, its execution even more so
Hans death was handled like shit
The entire mid section of the movie was pointless from meeting Han til the rebel base
Constantly breaking pre established SW universe rules
The reset to rebel vs imperial is the laziest reset of all time
And on and on. Its an OK splosions movie... its a dogshit SW entry
>>
>>64074862
I was bored to tears to the first half and didn't like it, but still held onto hope that the annoying quip fest wouldn't continue.
When the FO did that speech I started to get hype, but that hype was quickly shattered when I saw just how UNTOUCHABLE Rey was in literally everything she did.
When she used the Jedi Mind Trick on the Stormtrooper and it actually worked, I gave up on this shitheap of a film. Fuck Abrams, he's a hack and I seriously hope he never works in hollywood again, but that's wishful thinking.
>>
I think there were 3 moments for me and one ongoing major problem.

1) when the suddenly free of his brainwashing and seemingly because he doesn't want to kill people ex-ST is just massacring ST's as they try to fly away from the hanger in the stolen tie fighter.

2) the entire stealing the MF on Jakku sequence. Like what are the tie fighters doing, why did they send only 2, who left the ship unlocked with the keys in it????

3) the scene where they are going over the plan to destroy the planet killer...

Finn in general felt like a character from a bad movie. The final act felt especially weak. I felt it was a pretty mediocre movie as the credits were rolling.
>>
>>64081338
>>64081338
>opinions
>>
did everyone lose faith with there being a possibility of a good SW movie?
>>
>>64081848
>when the suddenly free of his brainwashing and seemingly because he doesn't want to kill people ex-ST is just massacring ST's as they try to fly away from the hanger in the stolen tie fighter.
I might be super tired and a little drunk, but I have no idea what the fuck you just said
>>
>>64074862
It was a pretty good kids movie, my wife's son loved it so much we went to Toys R Us afterward and got him a Finn action figure.
>>
>>64074963
>>64080710
What do you think The Phantom Menace imdb/rt ratings would be like a week after release?
>>
About five minutes after it started.
>>
>>64075064
>I loved it as well, until i went home and saw /tv/s opinion
>>
>>64082458
>constantly breaking established universe rules
>opinon

OK bud
>>
>>64076457
I feel you
>>
>>64074888
haha now this I can get behind xD
>>
>>64083501
>giving a flying fuck about universe "rules"

OK nerd
>>
File: glib_facsimile.jpg (301 KB, 699x1211) Image search: [Google]
glib_facsimile.jpg
301 KB, 699x1211
>>64074862
When I first saw it, I was on the fence.

Later that night, I tentatively said III>VII

Days later, I had dicected it enough to realize it was a piece of shit copycat movie with no real imagination and Gaurdiens of the Galaxy moments (like on Han's barge with the gangs and those tentacle monsters)
>>
>>64080710
This. I give it a 7/10.

It wasn't the WORST FILM EVER, like /tv/ said. Parts of it were actually pretty enjoyable.

But the writing was shit and character development was shit. The way Finn was introduced was idiotic, Rey was cliched, and Han/Chewies intro was also hamfisted.

The basic plot has been recycled hundreds of times with no deviations:
>introduce scrappy characters; they get antagonist's attention through sheer coincidence (BB's data in TFA, Star-Lord's orb in GotG, etc)
>escape initial attack by enemy, get some confidence that maybe they aren't so weak after all and should stick together
>in the mean time, enemy in turn does something horrible like destroying a planet or genocide
>heroes are aghast but their resolve is strengthened!
>everyone bands together to defeat the enemy
>realize that the enemy is all-powerful but has ONE FATAL WEAKNESS that he/she has overlooked in his/her arrogance
>"It's a million-to-one...but it might just be crazy enough to work"
>defeat primary antagonist WHILE simultaneously completing mission in the nick of time

It was pretty to look at, with no plot. Like a Michael Bay movie. Still on par with the prequels IMHO
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.