[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was it bad /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: 54534534534.jpg (170 KB, 800x402) Image search: [Google]
54534534534.jpg
170 KB, 800x402
Why was it bad /tv/?
>>
File: 1415361986540.png (1 MB, 1440x597) Image search: [Google]
1415361986540.png
1 MB, 1440x597
>>
Flagrant abuse of CGI to tell the story.
>>
Shitty effects that rape the eyes in every single scene, overblown filler jammed in there to draw out the story of The Hobbit in to a trilogy when it just doesn't have that much content, constantly trying to force big epic battles in a more whimsical adventure because the big battles in the Lotr trilogy were good so that it just feels llike PJ having a wank, using fucking go-pros for that one scene, the way the films keep obsessing over characters that are not Frodo, the dwarves, Gandalf or smaug.

I'm sure there's more.
>>
>>64074159
Jesus Christ an army of clones.
Fucking Hackson.
>>
>>64074123
it was bad because Jackson let them talk him into making 3 films. It should have been 2 films. Lots of shit needs to be cut from all the films to make 2 good films that are on par with the LoTR
>>
>>64074123
They forgot how to not over rely on cgi.
>>
>>64074123
It wasn't bad. My kids adored it.
>>
>>64074159
>all around me are familiar faces
>>
>>64074347
>on par with the LoTR

Maybe you should rewatch those "gems".
>>
It was bad for the casual viewer.

For fans of the novel, it was atrocious and infuriating.
>>
>>64074123
Probably because they tried to make three fucking 150 minute movies out of a single 300 page book.

Every book each LotR films was based on was over 300 pages on their own. Trying to artificially inflate the story to fill three films gave the Hobbit movies horrible pacing issues among other things.
>>
>>64074123
Because it focused too much on Tauriel.
>>
So which one is the best?
>>
In all honesty, the book isn't that great itself, so he didn't have much to work with. Still doesn't excuse his fan fiction though, that's even worse. The scenes that stood out in the book were done well in the film though, like Riddle in the Dark.
>>
>>64074405
The Hobbit is nowhere near 300 pages, it's a short book that JRRT wrote for the express purpose of reading to his children before bed.
>>
>>64074377
>le lotr films are bad meme
>>
>>64074700
>"The Hobbit is only about three hundred pages long. However, confident that his book would one day be divided into a dozen movies, author JRR Tolkien also provided 125 pages of Hobbit backstory, billed as "The Appendecies," in a later edition of the final Lord of the Rings novel The Return of the King"
>>
>Why is it bad?

Because it's 6 hours too long.
>>
>>64074123

its thin, sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread.
>>
>>64074123
LOTR: A movie made by people who dreamed of working on a project, with too much source material so they had to cherry pick the good stuff.
The Hobbit: A cash in made by people who had checks dangled in front of them, with very little source material spread paper thin across 3 movies.
>>
>waiting for the new movie in LOTR universe made not by Jackson so that I can write posts about how Hobbit Trilogy was misunderstood and panned for no good reason
>>
hackson had 3 years to prepare for LOTR. he had a month for The Hobbit because he had to take over Del Toros half finished project.
>>
>>64074159
>that perfect row on the right
>that one dude looking in the wrong direction
>>
File: IwastheChosenOne.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
IwastheChosenOne.webm
2 MB, 854x480
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4
>>
"Star Wars was a mistake, I wish I was David Lynch." - George Lucas
>>
File: plsbereal.png (142 KB, 379x272) Image search: [Google]
plsbereal.png
142 KB, 379x272
>>64075475
video related.

You can see the regret in all their eyes. They know they fucked up.

https://youtu.be/SQkygZdZ_Vk
>>
>>64074123
High frame rate
Overuse/misuse of CGI
The end battle was just too big
And there was just too much in general. Each movie was too long and we didn't need as many movies. That being said, I enjoyed sitting through the whole of it. But that's just me. As I watched, I knew that from a film making perspective it was too long but I enjoyed it; it was like a meal that was too big. The food is good, but not great and there's a lot of it and you eat too much and you simultaneously like it and hate it for its size
>>
>>64076051
his voice sounds so sad
>>
AND IF WE SHOULD CRASH TONIGHT
THEN THERE SHOULD BE NO SURVIVORS
THEY TRIED TO GRAB MY PRIZE
FOR THE LAST TIME

CALL IT IN, AGENT C
THE FLIGHT PLAN I FILED WITH YOU
SHOOT A MAN BEFORE THROWING HIM OUT A PLANE
SO THAT HE WOULDN'T BE IN EXTREME PAIN

HAVE WE STARTED THE FIRE?
>>
>>64076051
It kind of makes me have a bit more sympathy towards the films now knowing that Peter Jackson was in over his head

I didn't know about the whole Guillermo fuck around. God damn, that would have been stressful
>>
>>64075390
i need a holiday, a long holiday.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.