[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The problem is Adam driver is 6'3" the same height
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 440x672) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 440x672
The problem is Adam driver is 6'3" the same height as Trashtrooper. That means he has 8 inches of height advantage on Rey.

We see Vaders large presence in the OT and that's not addressed at all here in the battle Rey doesn't seem to have an disadvantage with Kylos long saber and that should be a theat for the style fighter Vader was and Kylo should be.
>>
Same height difference between Hamill and Prowse
>>
>>64063980
>just got shot by something that usually kills people on one hit
>just killed own dad so emotional force powers are all out of whack
>this girl was trained as a Jedi and/or is some kind of force prodigy before having her memory fucked up
>using a shitty sparky bootleg lightsaber

It wasn't as dumb as people on here think.
>>
I think you have autism.

The saber battles in TFA were, like the OT before them, conflicts of will, ideals, and conviction. They were not meant to be interpreted as pure melee combat where the outcome is determined solely by physical advantage and move repertoire.
>>
I was kinda annoyed that they didnt up his powerlevel in the last minute of the fight in a fit of rage or something.

Yeah you have established that Rey is a strong independent womyn, a force to be reckon with, no pun intended, now re established kylo as a dangerous villain that, despite being hurt, can fuck you up.

but no,

a fucking crack in the earth had to actually save kylo's ass.
>>
>>64064081
plus
>is actually a frightened, confused child
>literally wears a darth vader fanboy mask because he wants to be strong but knows he isn't
>desperately needs constant affirmations from his boss and from the various idols and fetishes he collects that he's a valid and capable badguy
versus
>angry rage-fueled girl who has known nothing but loneliness during her whole hard physically and emotionally demanding life--and probably has MORE combat experience than Ren--who suddenly had the two people who were the closest to what she could ever call friends taken from her, one of which was a hero of the rebellion she idolized

For you dumb basement /pol/shits boiling in your own frog juices, you should know that Rey is intended less to be your stereotypical "strong independant wymyn" and more a character who is teetering dangerously close to falling over into the dark side. She won that fight with pure rage and hatred.
>>
>>64064244
Yes

They're obviously setting up Ren and Rey to be equals, both apprentices in either side of the force. Just like rey is going to trian with Luke and ren is going to train with Snoke.
>>
File: why the long face.jpg (10 KB, 160x243) Image search: [Google]
why the long face.jpg
10 KB, 160x243
>>
>>64064085
Never said that's how it should be interpreted but it's a fact that Vader had a height advantage. It's why he's a fucking beast, cuts Lukes hand off in cloud city and holds his own with him until he starts talking shit about Leia
>>
>>64064081
There's a lot of talk about Anakin/Luke's lightsaber, where did it originally come from? Did they ever say? Was it a lightsaber Anakin built between Episode 1 and 2?

If it is, this should explain why it's so powerful, consdering that at the time Anakin was recognized as the most naturally powerful Jedi alive.
>>
>Rey
>lives in a desert hellhole
>struggle just to survive
>carries a battle staff around
>probably has to fight off rapists and claim jumpers every single day
>is shown on more than one occasion to stand up for herself and not back down to anyone in the wastes and go on the offensive without a second thought when she feels threatened

>Kylo Ren
>privileged boytoy rebelling against his loving, if imperfect, parents
>wants to be hardcore but his dad won't let him
>hides his skinny face behind a mask so people find him more threatening
>throws temper tantrums when he doesn't get his way
>only actual combat experience is executing villagers after his army of stormtroopers have secured the area
>wields a junksaber he can't get to work quite right
>does twirly saber moves he probably came up with alone in his room thinking they look cool
>is an emotional ticking timebomb fighting for barely any other than to desperately seek approval from his new father figure

>"reeee how can rey beat kylo reeee this is forced leftist feminist propaganda reeee"
s m d h
>>
>>64064510
desu senpai
>>
>Stabs his dad
>Dummies assume his immediate thought is "I wonder if uncle chewie is gonna shoot me"
>>
>>64063980
They can't address height anymore. People would get offended.
>>
>>64064244
Five dollars says rey is the villian, and ren is redeemed
>>
>>64064863
I want to see this
>ren wants to defect from the first order but finds it hard to find acceptance after killing han
>rey is lured by the dark side for some reason
>>
>>64063980
Kylo Ren is a big guy
>>
>>64064510
>anger and fear don't fuel the dark side

He should of cut her hand off. And she could of pulled a fast move and still fucked his face up
>>
>>64064081
ben could've cut vader's leg, and chewie could've shot him, and luke could've beaten him in a new hope. fans wouldn't think vader was weak since he'd have been handicapped
>>
>>64064863
I would like this but Disney would lose too much money from corrupting their "girl power" Rey.
>>
>>64064065
Vader had a whole 12 inches on Luke.
>>
>>64064244
Oh I'm sorry I thought this was Star Wars. Anger made vader stronger and gave him FOCUS
>>
>>64064510
what's the point of telling a story if the protagonist is stronger than the antagonist at the beginning, middle, and end?
>>
>>64064373
It's the lightsaber anakin built between Episode 2 and 3. It's also the same lightsaber Luke used when he lost against Vader, so it's not some magic saber that gave rey supa powas.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 440x187) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 440x187
>>64065376

>ben could've cut vader's leg, and chewie could've shot him, and luke could've beaten him in a new hope
U wot
>>
>>64064244
take off your blinders. she won because she closed her eyes and muttered "the force.." to herself before waiting for the music to hit its peak. this movie was shit
>>
>>64065484
>rey
>protagonist
>kylo
>antagonist
That's cute
>>
>>64065529
vader would be handicapped so he'd still be seen as hardcore. plus it'd show how strong and independent luke is
>>
File: 12312312.jpg (44 KB, 650x400) Image search: [Google]
12312312.jpg
44 KB, 650x400
he has a weird face
>>
File: xenokek.png (237 KB, 651x780) Image search: [Google]
xenokek.png
237 KB, 651x780
>>64063980
HAVING THAT LITTLE XENO CHESTLET BEAT THIS 6'3 200LB FUCKER IN A DUEL WAS RIDICULOUS

IT JUST LOOKED RIDICULOUS, HE ALWAYS HAD HIS LEGS SPREAD WIDE TO TRY LOWERING HIMSELF SO IT WASN'T VISUALLY ABSURD
>>
>>64065542
what's cute is how much you fanboys suck jar jar's dick coming up with your retarded fan theories whenever anyone brings up obvious and legitimate flaws in your new favorite movie
>>
>>64065535
Honestly? Go fuck youself. The force is real, keep calm and force on.
>>
>>64065542
Do you have any sort of proof or reasoning for thinking Disney would ever do the correct thing and make Rey evil. (She should kill Leia if Leia could fucking battle)
>>
>>64064081
I agree. We should spend more time pulling our hair out over the Starkiller base than this.
>>
File: e4wgr34.jpg (75 KB, 425x365) Image search: [Google]
e4wgr34.jpg
75 KB, 425x365
>>64065588
Mmm yes
let the hate flow through you
so impotent
>>
>>64065668
I didn't know what the shit was going on with the collapsing at the end. And did it implode into a star there or something.
>>
>>64065673
if one person on earth sees my opinions on the movie and decides not to see it, then i'd be content i kept $10 out of jar jar's shekel bag
>>
>>64065529
Kylo Ren is no Darth Vader.
>>
>>64065750
>contrarian basement virgin lashing out from his piss-soaked hell hole thinking his opinion will ever matter to anyone on earth
>>
On his face reveal he looks like that le epic on a boat guy.
>>
>>64065731
I assume it became a black hole as the tech exploded around it.
>>
Can we all agree that Ren is a much more interesting character than Rey and Finn? I'm actually excited to see his arc.
>>
>>64063980
He is a wannabe Vader FFS, hes not supposed to win then he would be like Vader.
>>
>>64064952
and looks like elephant man.
>>
>>64065863
>He is a wannabe Vader FFS, hes not supposed to win then he would be like Vader.

A guy who has trained with a lightsaber for years vs a girl who literally just picked it up for the very first time.

Yeah if he won he'd be like Vader!!!!
>>
You guys realize that he's gonna end up with Rey, right? Redemption arc and all
>>
>beginning of movie
>stops a laser rifle from behind him

>end of movie
>doesnt stop a laser rifle from in front of him

B R A V O
R
A
V
O

This movie had TERRIBLE writing, the plot was a huge fucking cop out, the dialogue was literally responses to one liners with more one liners, and the characters (save for Kylo Ren and Poe) were huge cliches.

Protag is introduced, antag is introduced, protag is swept into big adventure to take down antag, protag is torn between running and fighting, protag takes down antag and saves the galaxy.

The narrative is so fucking cliche not only for film in general, but as a Star Wars film. It's literally the plot of ANH verbatim.
>>
RHAE GREW UP KNOWING HOW TO HANDLE HERSELF ON THE STREETS. FINN SEES THIS WHEN HE WAS GOING TO SAVE HER FROM OTHER SCAVENGERS AND WAS LIKE OH NEVERMIND YOU CAN HANDLE YOURSELF.
RHAE CAN FUCK PEOPLE UP AND IT SHOULD BE NO SURPRISE THAT SHE WAS DECENT AT CQC AND ABLE TO TAKE ON KYLO AND HOLD HERSELF.

MY CAP LOCK IS BROKEN.
>>
>>64064081
>is some kind of force prodigy before having her memory fucked up
Total speculation.Not in the movie at all.
>>
>>64063980
The main problem I have with this fight is that they barely use any force powers after she grabs her lightsaber. Sure Rei's force push is stronger but Kylo could have at least tried to push her around to confuse her.
>>
>>64066788
he was going through an emotional surge. you're comparing two different scenarios.
>>
>>64066788
>the guy who just killed his dad is going to have the state of mind needed to block a blaster bolt flying at 300MP/h
>>
>>64066647
>his possible cousin
nah
>>
>>64066788
the only truly cliche bullshit was the rushed death star crap all over again. Everything else was alright to good imho.
>>
File: daisy.jpg (61 KB, 730x765) Image search: [Google]
daisy.jpg
61 KB, 730x765
>>64064081
>>this girl was trained as a Jedi and/or is some kind of force prodigy before having her memory fucked up

Are peopel actually having to resort to wild speculation and headcannon to explain this shitshow?
>>
>>64067026

the entire structure of the narrative was cliche tho
>>
>>64067088
In what respect? Up until the super death star came in it was fine.
>>
>>64066926
Snoke and Ren both said she's strong with the force and she was able to successfully use a Jedi Mind Trick with no training.
>>
>>64067167
I want it explained how she knew to use it. I'll buy that she is force sensitive, but not that she's capable of using it without any sort of training.
>>
>>64066572
>lets make a tough big guy who fucks everyone up all the time.

I agree it should of been a stale mate but all this height and training stuff doesn't mean anything in movies. In real life he probably would of died from blood loss. Disney does not want a girl getting trashed in hand to hand combat, its not supposed to be realistic.

Also Kylo is an awesome character regardless if he lost the fight at the end. He is actually interesting and will have a lot of character development in the future.
>>
>>64067069
You'lll really be suprised if J.J.Night.Shamalayan pulls this out in episode 8?

the whole 'Awakening' title should be enough to make you accept its a possiblity, in which case the fight makes perfect sense, which is just about all the contrarian tweens have to go on outside of buzzwords for why this is the worst film since Trolls 2
>>
>>64067208
Which is exactly what I said. She either had previous training and had a fucked memory or she's a force prodigy. Only way someone could use Jedi Mind Trick like that.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (118 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
118 KB, 1440x1080
They had that scene where Rey says he'll never be as powerful as Vader and all I could think about was the lego droid tales joke that Palpatine said to Luke to get him angry: "you'll never be as cool as Han Solo"
>>
>>64067208
She is gonna end up being a Knight of Ren who had their mind wiped like some KOTOR shit. She will probably flip seeing as how angry and bitchy she was the whole time.
>>
Anyone else get the feeling JJ really likes KOTOR, and is basically trying to make a film version?

Rey is disturbingly similar in appearance to bastilla Shan, and her pole thing is pretty much a segway to her getting a double bladed lightsaber.

Kylo Ren is literally a Tumblr recolor of revan (With his armor on anyway.)

I wouln't be suprised if we see entire segments rehashed. The whole memory wipe on Revan will be Rey's backstory,
>>
>>64067761
>>64067594
wasn't she a little kid when she was dropped off?

she can't be any evil character later on.
>>
>>64067761
I'm hoping that Rey is some kind of amnesiac Jedi/Sith. That would at least explain her abilities.
>>
>>64067834
Darth Plagueis is capable of force visions and illusions so powerful that even Sidious thought they could be real. Snoke is also merely coincidentally the same race as Plagueis, visibly hurt, and has the same music as when Sidious was discussing his master.
>>
>>64067834
Those memories of her childhood could have been implanted.
>>
>>64067834
That's based solely on a single blurry memory she has, which could easily have been planted, Revan also thought he was a scout/soldier/scoundrel when she woke up, so its not out of the question
>>
>>64067911
>>64067951
how convenient.
hate this movie.

everything is just a plot device to beget another plot device. it has no merit on its own. nothing happens normally.
>>
>>64068031
Welcome to JJ Abrams, where every twist must have another twist behind it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpjVgF5JDq8
>>
>>64067834
I'm fairly certain the safe route they're going to go with is that Rey and Kylo knew eachother as children. Both were being trained under Luke around the same time, with Kylo being the older pupil and Rey the younger. Cue Kylo off to the Knights of Ren, and Rey getting dropped off at Jakku due to whatever caused the fallout.

Either she can't remember because of force wipe or was too young too. Explains Kylo's hesitation, some weird cryptic shit he drops to her, and and his reaction when he first heard about the girl and the droid.

Luke being her dad could be either way.
>>
>>64068031
Well Plagueis has been pulling cards the whole time. How do you think Anakin came to be? Plagueis can literally will people into existence and Sheev even gives Anakin a "look" when telling him this. Plagueis allowed Sheev to become elected for his eventual destruction and throwing the galaxy into broken segments. Plagueis is know as The Wise and therefor extremely patient. Literally all a plan. Snoke is probably gonna have an ESP tier dialogue with Kylo when he begins to doubt the dark side.
>Who do you think created Vader? I created you
Or some shit like that
>>
J.J. Night Shmahamalyamans isn't even directing episode 8.
>>
Is it weird that I have only seen one of the prequels, fantasize that I am Leia and molesting a confused 14 year old Kylo in his bed at night but he will be too afraid to tell anyone about it, and have the Christmas Special on VHS?
>>
>>64068166
They've almost certainly got story arcs determined already, considering its out in 2 years
>>
>>64067069
pretty much is the only thing that can make the film 'passable' is this sort of headcanon

if the next sequel confirms it, itll be the only excuse they can shy away from the shit writing of the first
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.