[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dude, what the fuck???? I figured around 800 million, but 7 billion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8
File: whatthefuck.png (227 KB, 652x542) Image search: [Google]
whatthefuck.png
227 KB, 652x542
Dude, what the fuck???? I figured around 800 million, but 7 billion? I'm in fucking shock. What the fuck??????
>>
>>64061912

Well he made 4 billion on selling Star Wars to Disney alone.
>>
>building a museum in chicago
>manages to piss off people in sanfran and chicago

Based as fuck tbqfhfam
>>
That's what you get if you make high quality film. Just compare that to jjs puny cash pile. Lucas did quality imaginative work and got rewarded
>>
Any USC bros here
>>
>not leaving money for your family
>>
>>64061945
Literally this.
>>
>>64061996
film student?
>>
>>64061912
Did you forget how many toys and merchandise and money Star Wars made ?
>>
please someone post that webm of him walking randomly into the frame
>>
>>64062035
Viterbi
>>
disney stock probably went up after Star Wars figures
>>
>>64061912

He's the most successful filmmaker in history and it's mostly through his insane business sense and his ability to create new technologies and build business around them. I mean he created ILM, Pixar, THX, Skywalker Sound, non-linear editing, is a pioneer of digital film-making, and co-created the summer blockbuster with his best friend Spielberg.

Not the best director, but easily one of the most important people ever in the history of hollywood.
>>
>>64061912
i would've built a castle. but an xboxhyooge one
>>
Why is it all these billionaires look so goddamned miserable all the time?
>>
>>64062339
success is financial, only when you acknowledge that you have no creativity
>>
>>64062141
>Not being HSSEAS
Kill yourself.
>>
>>64062450
Despite having all the hot dogs, they are still empty inside
>>
File: suddenly lucas.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
suddenly lucas.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>64062122
>>
>>64061912
Still feel sorry for him?

Lucas FUCKED everyone hard on merch rights.
>>
>>
>>64061996
One time Lucas was visiting the cinema school, I tried and failed to get in an elevator with him and his entourage
>>
Being worth this much is ridiculous considering he already sold his prized possession and supposedly gave the money away. He musta made a lot more bank over the years than people thought.

>>64062604
I love this clip.

>I'm a filmmaker but let me fuck your shot up for a moment. You see me? Laterz.
>(camera)Holy fuck was that George Lucas?
>>
>>64062751
george seems surprised it's not about him
>>
>>64062604
I like how the cameraman tries to follow him a little bit at the end.
>>
>>64062861
I reckon he's more interested in the gear. Unless he doesn't notice him, you can kinda tell it's not about you when the cameraman is approaching you with his back turned.
>>
File: can't bait the gates.jpg (26 KB, 390x285) Image search: [Google]
can't bait the gates.jpg
26 KB, 390x285
>>64062450

bill gates always looks like he's having a pretty good time
>>
>>64062751
33% of all merchandising.

For life.
>>
>>64061996
>university of spoiled children

UCLA ftw
>>
what would you do with that kind of money? I'd personally do everything in my power and use every resource to shut down this site and all other chans on the internet. I'd spend hundreds of thousands to have a 24/7 staff of elite hackers to keep every single chan and other potential hangout spots for you losers on perpetual shutdown.
>>
Well lets see
>Created the largest movie franchise ever
>Had the rights to merchandise for decades, which made more money than the movies
>Sold all the rights to Disney for $4 billion
>>
>>64063065
>Ruins

Both USC and UCLA suck shit. You're both racing to see who can be the shittest school in Southern California.
>>
>>64063077
>what would you do with that kind of money?

Build massive palaces/castles
>>
>>64063053
>33% of all merchandising.
>For life.

Holy shit.

>George Lucas's office, 1997
>George: "Well, I've finally finished the script for Episode I. Not quite as good as Episode IV, but it should serve as a good foundation for-"
>George's shoulder devil appears
>Evil George: "Hey buddy, this is nice. Really solid work. But if you throw it out and add a goofy alien character with silly catchprases then it's literally millions of dollars that go straight to our pocket. And make Anakin a kid, that's a nice trick to boost sales. And the main villain should have a really wacky look. Give him horns. And two lightsabers. No, wait. Give him a double-bladed lightsaber! Those things will sell like crazy."
>George's shoulder angel collapsed into a diabetic coma the day before, and was tragically unable to stop this.
>>
Nerds can make any motherfucker rich.
>>
>>64062450
Lucas got cucked by his wife. No man ever forgets that. I guarantee when he's alone that's what his mind gravitates to first.
>>
>>64063289
Lucas still cucked his wife.

She gets NOTHING from the SW franchise despite having ensured its success by making sure George didn't go overboard while directing A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back.

If it wasn't for her we'd have Darth Vader in a goddamn full body veil.
>>
>>64063254
This is a crushingly reddit attempt at humour
>>
>>64063117
Smh desu senpai
>>
>>64061945
He donated most of that to charity though.
There's still almost 40 years of movies and merchandising.
>>
>>64063383
>using reddit as an adjective
>doesn't know how to say something is bad without using the word "reddit"
>>
He could literally go on webcam sites and stay in private with models even when he is afk. He can just leave his pvt session on and go for a drive while the model waits and he wouldn't sweat how many credits are being spent every minute.

Shit, he could go for a trip to another country, come back a month later and sit down at his desk and say, "now where were we?", and still have unlimited credits.
>>
>>64062751
>>I'm a filmmaker but let me fuck your shot up for a moment. You see me? Laterz.
>>(camera)Holy fuck was that George Lucas?
fuck off reddit.
>>
>>64063254

This is modern day /tv/
>>
>>64061912
>>64061912
All that money be deserves. Not to mention his first white wife was a whore who got him for money. Thankfully hei married to a faithful negro now.
>>
File: Salma Hayek Cannes.webm (2 MB, 638x672) Image search: [Google]
Salma Hayek Cannes.webm
2 MB, 638x672
Salma Hayek has 85 Million and his husband has 15 Billion

Salma won
>>
>>64063706
She doesn't look too happy there.
>>
>>64063471
This is the first thing you think of ? throwing money at web cam whores ?
>>
File: spaceballs the flamethrower.jpg (65 KB, 715x336) Image search: [Google]
spaceballs the flamethrower.jpg
65 KB, 715x336
>>64061912
M E R C H A N D I S I N G
>>
>>64063254
This is so bad an attempt that you should actually just not be allowed to post here again.
>>
>>64063445
How about
>disgustingly tryhard to the point where it feels like that anon was hoping for attention to his absolute shit tier joke due to the fact that he never feels loved on this site on account of there being no numerical value to represent how many people like your post
>>
>>64063432
He's actually been using most of his money in an attempt to buy a ton of JC Leyendecker, Maxfield Parrish and Norman Rockwell paintings in the last couple years
>>
>>64063471
I find it hilarious that this is how you conceptualize wealth, as the amount of time one can afford a private camwhore.
>>
>>64063254
sup reddit
>>
>>64063816

It kind of sucks that star wars killed his creative force. With that kind of money you could make any sort of film you wanted and not give a fuck.
>>
>>64063816
ART IS A SOLID INVESTMENT

ALSO CLASSIC CARS

CERTAIN WINES AS WELL

REAL ESTATE OFCOURSE

HE'S A BILLIONAIRE HE NEEDS TO DIVERSIFY HIS HOLDINGS
>>
What do people do with tons of fucking money anyway?
>>
>>64061968
It's fucking great. You got the park purists and Bears fans salty about the city wanting to give George that prime piece of real estate on Museum Campus and then you got people on the east and west coast anal-ravaged that the Midwest is getting something like this.
>>
>>64064071

I mean... the difference between 3,000 million and 3,500 million doesn't really effect your quality of life. Even though the difference of 500 million to you or me would be life-changing. I dont know the number, bu there is a point where it doesnt matter anymore and you get diminishing returns.
>>
>>64063432

What a waste of money.
>>
>>64061996
Freshman SCA student here senpai. First semester was ight.
>>
He literally owns 2% of Disney.

Anything Disney every makes, not just star wars, he gets a cut.
>>
>>64061912

What are toys Alex?

Daily dubs
>>
>>64064171
What's he building in Chicago?
>>
>>64061912
steve jobs had to create the macintosh and the iphone to arrive to that kind of numbers...
>>
File: LMNA_view_from_south_final.jpg (576 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
LMNA_view_from_south_final.jpg
576 KB, 2000x1000
>>64064701
The Lucas Museum of Narrative Art. A museum dedicated to illustration, comic/animation art and film that'll be using his private collection as a starting point. Some of the most prominent highlights include his expansive Norman Rockwell collection and of course, Star Wars props and art.

Also, it gonna look like some funky modern version of Space Mountain and is being built on the Chicago Bears parking lot. (Parking for the museum's gonna be an underground structure, Bears tailgaters are gonna be shifted elsewhere)
>>
He has enough money to give everyone on the planet a billion dollars and he doesn't do it? What a fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>64061912

he gets % on merchandise. thats where all the money came from. that and selling sw
>>
File: 1449583734540.jpg (49 KB, 960x444) Image search: [Google]
1449583734540.jpg
49 KB, 960x444
>>64063740
>She doesn't look too happy there.
yeah, Salma Hayek's gigolos did not satisfy her that day.
>>
>>64063254
this is to true
>>
>>64061912
>The prequels had Heart! He didn't do it for the money

This is why I hate half you fags. You're all 14 year old edge lords.
>>
Hello, Reddit .
>>
>>64064226
nice try poorfag. Everyone knows sub 3 billion is chump change. The real winners have enough to buy their own island country AND fund a communist government to watch over it
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.