[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will she be seduced by the dark side in Ep VIII? She's insanely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Rey.jpg (20 KB, 332x443) Image search: [Google]
Rey.jpg
20 KB, 332x443
Will she be seduced by the dark side in Ep VIII? She's insanely powerful already and seems to struggle keeping her emotions in check
>>
>>64056265
Pull down your pants, tuck your weak faggot boner between your legs, bend over and show us your boy pussy you raging fucking fag.
>>
People say her character is badly written and I can somewhat agree, but her going to the dark side would be even worse writing.

They JUST introduced another character (Kylo) who was seduced to the dark side. It would be so contrived and tired for another character to turn as well. I hope a lot of the posters here never write movies.

If this was a tv series that was gonna go on for 7 seasons, then sure that twist makes sense. But there are 2 movies left and its already in the second act.
>>
>>64056345
lewd
>>
>>64056354
>If this was a tv series that was gonna go on for 7 seasons, then sure that twist makes sense. But there are 2 movies left and its already in the second act.

Mate, they'll do 5 episode movies and 4 spinoffs in the time it took to make the OT
>>
File: FinnHS-Fathead.png (344 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
FinnHS-Fathead.png
344 KB, 480x640
>>64056265
>seduced by the dark side
>>
>>64056265
>Will she be seduced by the dark side in Ep VIII? She's insanely powerful already and seems to struggle keeping her emotions in check

Did you miss the ending of the movie or something? Or are you just fucking retarded?
>>
>>64056484

3 episode movies in a 5 year time span. Thats similar to the original trilogy. The spinoffs have are just sidestory shit, why would you think they have any bearing on how the main characters should be written?

>>64056507

kek
>>
>>64056592
Haven't seen the movie yet actually
>>
Why do people even think she's with the light side? She never meditates before using her power, but she's angry.
She can't mind trick the trooper, he insults her, and suddenly she can. One of the temptations of thee dark side of the force is quick power, which she has in spades.
Finn grabs her hand -> Rey gets angry -> Rey gets superhuman reflexes to fly the Falcon.
Finn tells her that he's been lying and is leaving -> Rey gets angry -> Rey gets force hallucinations.
Maz tells her to meditate -> Rey nopes right out of there.
The first order destroys Maz's castle -> Rey gets annoyed -> Rey can headshot with a pistol, but can't do anything else.
Ren interrogates her -> Rey hates him -> Rey can overpower him.
The trooper insults her -> Rey gets angry -> Rey can mind trick.
Ren cuts down Han and Finn -> Rey gets hateful and angry -> Rey can force pull like nobody's business.
She's never humble or subtle, and always angry and direct. Why do people even consider that she might be on the light side?
>>
>>64056831
I like that.

But its very unlikely to be intended. She was arrogant and annoyed the whole time.
>>
>>64056831
because she has no fucking training
>>
>>64056265
>>64056743

Top fucking Kek.

She is going to be trained under Luke Skywalker
>>
She needs to get force trained.
>>
Her joining the dark side would be fun, but probably won't happen - it would trigger the SJWs who have been wanking to her stronk independent notamarysue character.
>>
File: 1450981643332.gif (3 MB, 200x144) Image search: [Google]
1450981643332.gif
3 MB, 200x144
>>64056345
>>
It's just going to follow the events of The Empire Strikes Back.
>>
>>64057079
Is dis sum epix new maymay
>>
>>64057023
who had the Darth Vader theme playing along side him when Rey sees him.

I'd like it to show them both struggling with the Dark side and "the light" when there both sparring. fighting with anger and furosity then back to focusing, fighting like Jedis.

they explitaly said about Kylo "the Vader in him" so Luke's gunna have a fuck load of that.
>>
>>64057000
We've only seen siths go from untrained to jedi to sith. Anakin got training at ten (and he already had super human reflexes), Owen kept Luke from any situation that would make him angry until he got training, and Leia didn't have as much force sensitivity. The jedi council made sure that no force sensitive individuals were kept in the wild, so we never have an opportunity for them to discover the force on their own. Maybe all the training of humility and the importance of rocks is so the jedi don't go to the dark side. Most jedi learn how to safely and responsibly use the little power they have before being taught more practical techniques, but Rey just found the on her own. She might have rediscovered the dark side.
>>
i love how within 1 minute she knew how to control someone telepathically. like she had 2 attemps and mastered it straight away.

so amazingly terrible and forced
>>
>>64056265
That's honestly the only way it could go. Rey is already insanely powerful, there is no character arch for her as a good guy, no room for growth. Remember how Luke in ep IV was a whiny mumbling shithead, and how satisfying it was to see him as a full jedi in black with a green light saber in ep VI kicking everyone's ass? Yeah, that's called growth, and it's what protagonists do, ANtagonists are powerful from the beginning
>>
>>64056354
>rey gives in to her emotions just as kylo ren did and turns to the dark side
>kylo ren can't find the power he seeks in the dark side and hates failing, and finds luke who turns him away from the dark side
>kylo ren is the good guy and not a weak faggot sith who can't stand toe to toe with a non-force sensitive dindu and untrained scavenger in lightsabre combat
This could redeem the new trilogy and shoot it above the prequels. Not saying much though
>>
>>64056831
I agree with this. I feel like though Rey is doing good deeds, her actual intentions are just in the moment snap decisions. She never stops and thinks about doing the right thing, only the thing that gets her out of trouble. She's a survivalist, using the force for her own self preservation, never to help another.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.