[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star wars revenge of the sith
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 29
File: YOUWERETHECHOSENONE.jpg (260 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
YOUWERETHECHOSENONE.jpg
260 KB, 1920x1080
you have a minute to give me a real reason to dislike Revenge of The Sith. no memeing.

- amazing lightsaber battles

- great characters like general grievous, sheev, obi wan
(basically all the characters in the prequels were good. they actually had a presence and identity
unlike the forgettable ones from TFA)

- great world designs and concepts
coruscant is fascinating, 'the whole world is a city', information like that about all the different planets.

-the byzantine style politics were really interesting

- order 66

- interesting conversations like sheev and anakin in that 'chamber place thingy' talking about the dark side.
there was just no interesting conversations in TFA. just a dumbed down action flick.

I could go on and on. the prequels were actually like a star wars film.
take away all the obvious faces and lightsabers from TFA and its just your
generic high budget action flick. fast paced. no background information, no substance,
tediously boring forgettable characters, and a hilarious amount of flaws

seriously i must be going mad. how can you guys insult the prequels but love this monstrosity that is TFA?
The start on Jakku is the only part which resembled a star wars film. it was just so boring, and i dont care that it was a rehash, even if it was original it would still be really really shit.

Quit hating on the prequels just because you dont like ja ja or some of the CGI. they were brilliant for all the reasons i mentioned above and more.

also, name some good quotes from TFA. because there were hundreds in the prequels, mainly revenge of the sith.
>>
george lucas
>>
plinkett reviews and reddit told me too so i just parrot the majority opinion xD
>>
The Dialogue can be cringy sometimes, but it's still a decent movie.

At least it manage to have some slow, breathing scenes unlike Abram's TFA
>>
>>64051804
describe the personality of general grievous
>>
TFA babbies btfo holy shit
>>
>>64051804
I think one problem with revenge of the sith is how hollow grievous is. He's a cool action setpiece, but his utilization and presence kind of falls flat. I think this could be pretty easily fixed with the inclusion of the deleted scene where he murders shaak ti, it would have made him much more evil. I also hate it how sheev wastes kit fisto and tweedle dee and tweedle dum in like 4 seconds. I also wish more would've happened on kashyyk or however it's spelled. It seems like there should be a real reason for the best Jedi at the time to be there besides just to hang out with chewbacca
>>
File: 1389814819347.gif (664 KB, 253x200) Image search: [Google]
1389814819347.gif
664 KB, 253x200
>>64051804
>there are people who are so contrarian that they will pretend the prequels weren't shit
>>
>>64052029
A villain with an accent. Truely ground breaking.
>>
File: stop the bad memes.jpg (21 KB, 313x412) Image search: [Google]
stop the bad memes.jpg
21 KB, 313x412
>TFA is the worst movie ever
>prequels are god tier
>hello reddit
>tfafags on suicide watch
>>
Someone post the ROTS lightsaber juggling webm
>>
>>64051804
The plot is Shakespeare/Kurosawa as fuck. The whole 'fall of the Roman Republic' setup was obviously patrician, it's just that the execution leaked all over the place. Still, it's obviously better than TFA with its cheesy rrrebel memes.
>>
File: bravo lucas.gif (794 KB, 720x306) Image search: [Google]
bravo lucas.gif
794 KB, 720x306
>>64052473
>>
File: m2wsweFpnJ1qgxdtt.png (221 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
m2wsweFpnJ1qgxdtt.png
221 KB, 500x600
>(basically all the characters in the prequels were good. they actually had a presence and identity
unlike the forgettable ones from TFA)
>>
>>64052536
why are they doing that?
>>
>>64051804
Lucas's obsession with using Green Screen and no sets makes a of the Coruscant scenes seem drastically dated a decade later.

Seriously, watch some of the scenes now in HD, and you'll see how disgusting it looks,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xP3fI7yn5s

Also, Hayden is so fucking awful, his scenes are like Leia's in TFA. I can't say if its just because of him, but nonetheless, the deliverance is awful, watch the scene above. Ewan outclasses him so much it almost feels like he is OVERACTING. Anakin, in the right hands would have been one of the greatest stories of decent into darkness, but it feels so plastic in Sith because of the performance. If only Adam Driver could play Anakin, THEN we'd have a flick

I agree on some points you make about TFA, but on the whole, its much better than all the prequels, despite some scenes feeling a little...forced (dat Cantina scene in particular ._.)

But on the whole, you're wrong
>>
>- amazing lightsaber battles

I hated all the lightsaber duels from Ep2 and 3. They were far too over-choreographed and felt more like a dance competition than an actual struggle to not be killed and kill in return.
>>
>>64052582
>F-From my point of view the JEDI AR EVL
Bravo Lucas
>>
>>64052536
That bugs the hell out of me. If Anakin was so mad that he wouldn't even take a break to save themselves from that lavafall, why would he bother with that bullshit instead of just stabbing Obi-wan while he danced like a retard?
>>
>>64052582
obi-wan clearly slashed anakin at 3:18
what the hell?
>>
>>64052582
>those based dialogues

I feel like crying.
>>
>>64052582
I don't think Hayden is all that bad in RotS, it could have been better for sure but he's not half as bad as he was in attack of the clones. And I'm pretty sure a big part of it was the directing that made it worse
>>
>>64052571
But it's true. The characters in TFA are just placeholders for memorable characters in ep4.
>>
>>64052592
>The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to kill and not be killed in return.
>>
I'll just say the same thing that I always do

Anakin: You are so…beautiful.
Padme: It’s only because I’m so in love.
Anakin: No. No, it’s because I’m so in love with you.
Padme: Then love has blinded you?
Anakin: Well…that’s not exactly what I meant.
Padme: But it’s probably true.
>>
>>64051804
I agree OP. Some of the CGI was definitely weak but I enjoyed the prequels far more than the OT. I think the reason most people disliked them was that they were really a different style than the OT. I personally prefer movies that aren't just action films focused on a few characters but ones that explore the larger consequences of their actions like LOTR. Also the battles in the prequels were far more interesting than just the "stormtroopers who can't aim" sequences of the OT.
>>
>>64051804
>amazing lightsaber battles
I don't find the perfectly choreographed dance fight amazing. The final fight goes on for 15 fucking minutes just so Lucas can put them on the most "epic" places because no one could watch them fight for that long without it. There is no tension, you don't feel like anyone is losing/winning

>basically all the characters in the prequels were good. they actually had a presence and identity
Is this bait? Really? Obi wan, Qui Gon, Padme, Mace Windu... the most flat characters ever. What identity does Qui Gon has? How would you describe him? Mace Windu? Presence? The worst casting choice ever if you ask me

>great world designs and concepts
This stands for all Star Wars movies

>the byzantine style politics were really interesting
Now this is bait. Ask anyone what is going on in the prequels and no one remember jackshit. If you try to put the story on paper it makes no sense, all those trade negotiations and whatnot

>order 66
okay

>interesting conversations like sheev and anakin in that 'chamber place thingy' talking about the dark side
Conversations were dull and boring. Every sentence is delivered the same, might as well put Microsoft Sam to read those lines. Lucas wanted to explain everything so there is atleast 20 scenes with two people in a room just straight up telling what is going on. Insted of showing it. This is a movie, visual medium

>I could go on and on
please go on

I took the bait hard. You can count the flaws of TFA on your fingers, in the prequels there almost isn't a scene where you can't find something that is just wrong

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeee or some shit I don't know
>>
File: wtf HOW HORRIFYING.jpg (31 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
wtf HOW HORRIFYING.jpg
31 KB, 408x408
>>64052894
i respect your opinion but jesus christ.
>>
>>64052894
>droids and clones
>better than storm troopers
>Lucas: yeah the Jedi cut these guys down like butter. They're pretty useless.
>jar jar winning a fight on accident
WHOA SO TENSE AND GREAT
>>
>>64052829
At the very best he "wasn't bad" but not great

Now think of all the actors that could've played that part so much better, and weep.
>>
>>64051804

the acting is atrocious and the film is compressed so that all the important bits (anakin's turn etc.) are given minor screen time compared to some shitty 4-lightsaber droid general used to sell toys
>>
>>64051804
I agree with you OP, that's exactly what i am thinking... I watched them as a kid till a teen and it was amazing,,, I could at least identify with this pussy crusher annakin, and wanted to have padme as a gf... now i get this fucking anti white male cultural marxism propaganda movie, with this fucking girl as a main and the fucking ugly ass john boyega... I don't think i would mind a good looking athletic black guy as much as this football line man from "the blind side"... it's insane and none of the reviewers have the balls to be honest... the world is shit
>>
>>64052029
Cocky, confrontative and proud.

Describe Rey's personality.
>>
>>64052860
Great poet or greatest poet?
>>
>>64051804
the CGI and Anakin's wooden acting but otherwise I liked it a lot
>>
>>64053025
Confident, courageous, and confused about her place in the galaxy. Defies the norm for the pursuit of justice. Not really sure how you said those things about General Grievous aside from watching a fucking EU cartoon about him. No cheating ;)
>>
>>64052582
I remember thinking the acting was much better when I was younger
>>
>>64052954
Obi Wan I think is at least interesting in 1 and 3, I have nothing to say on the stupidity of 2, his presence got a little weak in Sith because he essentially played the same role as Yoda. But he very much reminds the audience of the "establishment" Jedi.

Qui Gon was at the very least, well performed, something you can't say about Anakin, Mace, Padme etc.

Mace and Padme though are indeed, flat.
>>
>>64053104
Well at least you grew up, unlike the prequel defenders on here. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure they're still children.
>>
File: light.jpg (41 KB, 859x408) Image search: [Google]
light.jpg
41 KB, 859x408
>>64052582
I notice lava is erupting all around them and yet the light on their faces is completely static.
>>
>>64051804
the acting, dialogue, and effects are terrible
>>
>>64051804
Merry Christmas, Shitposter-kun.
>>
File: kek.png (95 KB, 883x578) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
95 KB, 883x578
>tfw
>>
>>64052860
that dialogue is meant to sound awkward and silly....you can tell by how confused anakin is in the scene
>>
>>64053191
Kek you're dedicated I'll give you that
>>
>>64053151
>Mfw he was in In The Mouth Of Madness
At least not ALL his films have been terrible.
>>
File: han.png (622 KB, 920x559) Image search: [Google]
han.png
622 KB, 920x559
>>64051804
>people that want to be cool by saying III>VI up the ante
>>
nothing is worse than the propaganda by tfa... I hate it when people try to tell me how to see the world, in fact i hate it so much that tfa is the movie i enjoyed the least... fucking girl beating a sith lord, "don't hold my hand", i can handle myself, and this ugly cunt boyega... it's like my communist tree hugging english teacher made tfa
>>
cringey dialog.
Boring fight scenes with no tension.
Shitty characters.

Of course all of this is a matter of opinion, and if you like the movie that's fine by me. But personally i don't.
>>
>great characters like general grievous

tell me why is General "Grievous" a great character without using the words "hella", "fuckin", or "epic"
>>
>>64053279
women in communist countries are more subservient and hippy women are docile. what the fuck are you going on about retard?
>>
>>64053151
>2016
>Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
>Darth Vader

WHAT
He's in it ? Playing Vader ? That's confirmed ?
I'm suddenly hyped for this movie damn
>>
>>64053314
>cringey dialog
>boring fight scenes with no tension
>shitty characters

was it better in TFA? Is there interesting fight scene in TFA, except for TRAITOR one? And characters, how are they better? Better not to start with dialogue
>>
I feel that TFA was a better film but the prequels were the better "Star Wars"
>>
>>64052987
As sad as it is, you're right.
>>
File: image.jpg (794 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
794 KB, 3264x2448
Episode 3 is by far my favorite one
>>
>>64052582
>You turnnned her against meee!!

Fucking hell. I thought this was badass when I was 15.
>>
>>64053370
dude, just replace communist with progressive then ffs... the rebels are this perfectly diverse group of people with a female hero... the other main is a black guy who is so ugly that he doesn't deserve more than a side role... I mean half the people on this board could be the new sw hero if that is the standard, he got the role obviously because of some kind of affirmative action... the evil guys are all nordic looking white guys with no diversity and the one guy gives this hitleresque speech... Kylo ren is the manifestation of a weak and bitter hatefilled "racist" unprogressive white guy... Rey fucking wins against him even though he can stop a blaster in mid air while she just discovered the furce 30 minutes ago...
>>
Also Obi Wan or Luke? I love Obi wan especially in the prequels.
>>
>>64053370
>don't hold me hand xD
Feminists will make a stink about this but seriously who gives a fuck, she probably said that because why would she need her hand held? She has lived there most of her adult life and clearly knows more about it than Finn, also she doesn't KNOW Finn yet really, later on she's okay with Finn holding her/showing affection because he proves himself to her as a good person

Seriously, if he just held her hand and she said nothing, that would be annoying and not make sense
>>
>>64052582
If you honestly believe this is better than the fight between Kylo Ren and Finn then you have a serious problem.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>
I agree 100% RotS was great

On par with ep 6 and 7
>>
>>64053522
can also fly the falcon better than solo, can also fix hyper drives... "don't hold my hand" holy shit how can anyone who isn't a black jewish women or a complete sheep in general enjoy this leftist propaganda movie... and it's not like i'm some hardcore conservative, hell i'm jsut a regular guy from europe
>>
File: monitor-window.jpg (59 KB, 323x400) Image search: [Google]
monitor-window.jpg
59 KB, 323x400
>>64051804
>YOU'RE EVIL AND I MUST DESTROY YOU
>I CAN TEACH YOU SHIT ABOUT DEATH
>OK SO YOU'RE THE GOOD GUY AND I SWEAR MY ALLEGIANCE TO YOU AS DARTH VADER!

*fresh after killing younglings*
>IN MY OPINION THE JEDI ARE EVIL
>ONLY A SITH DEALS IN ABSOLUTES!
>>
>>64053537
at first he holds her hand to start the whole race mixing bullshit going... and she declines not ONCE but in multiple scenes!! it's like they want to force me to believe the whole stronk women bullshit... then all this shit with "i think i can handle myself" how much more obvious can they make it... i wanted to leave the cinema
>>
>>64051804
Why did Anakin have to do a 720 McTwist when he lept toward Obi Wan? He could have just jumped forward with a normal strike or even use the force to make that droid he was on to higher land.
>>
>>64053401
you dont want to discuss TFA. you just want someone to bite the bait because its so easy to call anything shit.TFA isnt the best star wars by any means it lift to much stuff by being a ''play too safe soft reboot'' to be original enough,the soundtrack is weak and some of the new characters are broken from the start BUT i'll take that over the Midi-chlorians and other bullshit prequels anyday.
>>64053649
>can also fly the falcon better than solo, can also fix hyper drives
yeah that was bullshit.that should be poe job
>"don't hold my hand"
girls are like that and that could have been worst.its could have been a fat and blad guy trying to grab her ass.
>>
>>64053772

Or you know, use that float (which he obviously could steer) and go like 10m downstream, so he wouldn't have to jump towards Kenobi.

How can anyone defend this shit...
>>
>>64053796
also with her staff she beats up multiple guys that try to steal her droid... and the win against kylo is just inexcusable... Also the saber fight looked like shit... look at how hayden and obi wan trained for that...
>>
>>64053279
>>64053010
Stop posting anytime, friend.
>>
>>64053770
Is this shitposting?

He's embraces him lovingly when they come to rescue her, drags him back to the resistance ships, kisses his forehead, and is in near tears when he tries to live in that Cantina. She cares about Finn, is it really that hard to believe that she's suspicious of people considering her caretaker for the past years have been "muh portions" man?
>>
>>64053920
look the prequels had moments, that for an mid twenty viewer suck and don't make too much sense, or cringy dialouge but it doesn't ruin the movies for me... it's just like a well now it's a love scene and they fall in love that's what is happening here, i said way worse shit to girls,
or ah well now they needed a reason for obi wan to cut off his legs... but the overall movie was still an amazing experience, sw was always about lightsaber fights for me not some fucking sundance film festival indie movie... tfa however was ruined as a whole with less cringy scenes...
>>
>>64052582
>>64053477
Those fucking line readings are unbelievable. How about saying cut and doing take 2 George? I can't even imagine how bad his acting in AOTC has aged.
>>
>>64052314
That scene was garbage and he's not meant to be intimidating. The Separatists aren't the bad guys of the film.
>>
>>64052592
Cool. Any opinions you aren't just parroting?
>>
>>64053796
>you don't want to discuss TFA
>you just want someone to bite the bait

so ... no other answers. Ok, sure, midichlorians, Jar Jar, kid Anakin in TPM ... they are shits. I agree. But I asked about Episode 3. RotS. Which fight in TFA is better then RotS fights? What about characters?
>>
>>64052536
i always thought they were doing this to get momentum so the attack would be much harder
>>
>>64053925
>...
>>
>>64051804
I don't give a damn what any of these Reddit Light Media Idiots think. Prequels sucked horribly but I loved the hell out of the saber fights. all that plinket shit about the slow motions in the ot was infinitely better than the endless choreography is nothing but tripe spoken by middle aged assholes who were cynically edgy until mike sold his soul to Disney for 9000 pieces of silver.

But in every martial arts film I've watched showed the very same thing, match and parry, thrust and repeat. The goal of fencing is choreography until your opponent ends up being slower than you or tries to counter your strike when they should have parried. Kali is a blinding hit, parry, deflect, repeat until your oponent is just a bit slower than you or chooses the wrong defence or offence leaving themselves open.

The fight on Mustafa and the one in the senate is epic to say the least. the only thing that surpasses it is when Luke shouts Never and attacks Vader. Otherwise the Music and the fighting and the epicness is impressive. The spoken bits though are a shit.
>>
>>64054017
so you want to tell there is no feminist propaganda going on in this movie whatsoever? what kind of a blind sheep are you? why even chose a female lead when star wars is clearly a movie for boys?? it is so obvious sorry
>>
>>64052029
Why?
>>
>>64054168
hayden and obi wan demonstrated the blinding speed of demigods. the OT didn't.
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 1278x1181) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 1278x1181
>>64052357
>there are people who are so contrarian that they will pretend the prequels WERE shit
>>
File: fight that spin.gif (719 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
fight that spin.gif
719 KB, 480x270
>>64054167
just as bad as that spin in ANH
>>
>>64054101
>not realizing that's how george wanted them to say it
I don't know if you're giving him too much or too little credit.
>>
>>64054075
> tfa however was ruined as a whole with less cringy scenes...

how? especially since the light-saber battles are much better than the swoohsing shit we got in epI-III

how did it ruin more with less.
>>
>>64052536
looks like they're so evenly matched they are both withdrawing a number of attacks before actually committing to the strike. I always thought this was cool as shit.
>>
>>64052582
by the way you talk about green screens its obvious you know shit about CGI or movies and are just parroting a safe (non)criticism
>>
>>64054328
It is just a fucking kid...trying to b...a...i....t really hard.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 479x720
>>64053143
> I hate everything and am therefore superior
>>
>>64054328
you mean the light saber battle where some flimsy chick beat a sith apprentice with multiple years of training who is vaders grandson and was trained by luke? and that was a better fight than what we got in I to III?? What?
Because the concept of a female main character because JJ Abrams wants to be super progressive and "star wars is for everyone" just ruined the whole story of TFA... the prequels where amazing if you can enjoy star wars and don't nit pick every detail like some professional nerd... i cannot identify with anyone in TFA ... Do you know fassbender was in discussion for playing kylo ren instead of dumbo with the curly locks?
>>
>>64051804
>a real reason
>a

http://youtu.be/ABcXyZn9xjg?t=56m43s
>>
>>64053263
III was literally the best in the series, though
>>
>>64054545
Please, stop. It's fucking Christmas.
>>
>>64053772
Because then he wouldn't have had his legs chopped off, which is important for the plot
>>
I'm an insane Star Wars fan, I've been since I was 3. EU, all of it. I probably at least heard of like 99% of all Star Wars material, so I'm really big on these movies. I really did enjoy this one.

There was some major suckage going on in this one though. It was a good movie, but there were some pretty big problems.

-General Grievous is a completely wasted, unnecessary filler character. He doesn't deliver on pretty much any fronts.

-The dialogue can get kind of cringeworthy, especially with the awkward delivery. One thing I will mention with this movie is that while Attack of the Clones had bad dialogue with good actors, Revenge of the Sith had some pretty good dialogue with some pretty bad acting. I will never understand why Samuel L Jackson sucks so much in this movie. Hayden Christiansen can pull off the look but he sounds really stiff and strained in this movie. Pretty much everything he says in the final battle is a combination of cheesy dialogue and cheesy delivery.

-The CGI. Very high quality for it's time, but there is so much of it that large sections of the movie don't seem to have any actual actors on screen and it starts to look like a video game. Some things like Grievous look absolutely beautiful, but then we have the clones...ugh.

-Speaking of the clones, they couldn't even have Commander Cody wear a real suit when he took off his helmet. It looked fucking silly.

-Space just looks...weird. It's really bright and awkward. The way Force Awakens did space and even the Originals was frankly much more pleasing to the eye.

-The lightsaber duels. While epic and entertaining, they start to just look silly when they're doing all these complex ass moves but not actually looking like they're trying to kill each other. They just feel bland, like they have no emotion behind them. If they could just slow them down a bit the impact would feel 10x better. Something I also liked about FA.
>>
File: 1086924_1343590269564_full.jpg (64 KB, 429x594) Image search: [Google]
1086924_1343590269564_full.jpg
64 KB, 429x594
>>64054545
>Do you know fassbender was in discussion for playing kylo ren instead of dumbo with the curly locks?
no way han and leia's kid would come out looking like this. adam driver was perfect casting.
>>
>>64054618
i can not immagine how to like tfa...
And I went into it wanting to like it
>>
>>64054378
oh yeah, that is cool.
>>
>>64051804
The entire last battle is 110% green screen, as is a vast majority of the movie. This breaks immersion and cheapens any action.
>>
File: BRAVO LUCAS.png (1 MB, 1824x886) Image search: [Google]
BRAVO LUCAS.png
1 MB, 1824x886
>>64054385
yes, the painfully obvious fake set, with the door/exit actually being digitally distorted, is something totally acceptable and overlooked by patrician film critics

I didn't realize I was in such sacred and enlightened company
>>
>>64054744
Solo was a stud, fassbender too, color his hair black...kylo is a weak faggot...

And I don't know how anyone can defend john boyega... His fucking chin was hanging off his face the entire movie, what an ugly cunt...
>>
File: laughing toon wars.jpg (236 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
laughing toon wars.jpg
236 KB, 1600x900
>>64054578
>III was literally the best in the series, though
>>
Is /tv/ the most pathetic userbase on 4chan? The contrarian mental gymnastics regarding Star Wars: TFA is incredible and at the same time absolutely loathsome.

The constant denial, backtracking and moving the goalposts.

>"TFA will be shit! Fucking Jew Jew Abrams, fucking nigger main character, fucking SJWs! People won't accept this! It will be worse than the prequels and a total flop!"
>Trailer drops. Record pre-sales, screenings booked out months in advance. Hype incredibly high.
>"I-i-t'll still be a flop! Guaranteed to be shit! Phantom Menace sold well too before people realised it was shit! N-nigger character!"
>TFA releases. 5 star reviews, record opening day. People love based Johnny B's performance, and he's very well received.
>"o-ok it might not be as bad as we thought, but it's still not going to beat Jurassic World! Disney are finished!"
>Beats Jurassic World, despite being released in off-season and no Chinese release.
>"J-just wait until based RLM eviscerates it for being A New Hope ripoff in a Mr Plinkett review! You'll f-fucking see then Starfags!"
>Mike loves it. RLM approve and think it has saved the Star Wars franchise from the prequels.
>"FUCKING SHIT FILM, MARY SUE JEW SHIT. PREQUEL LOVE THREAD. WHO FUCKING LOVES ATTACK OF THE CLONES? I DO. REVENGE OF THE SITH WAS BETTER THAN ROTJ. BASED GEORGE LUCAS. WELL AT LEAST TFA WON'T BEAT AVATAR, I FUCKING SWEAR TO GOD PLEASE."

The mouthbreathing basement dwellers who strive to be contrarian have been backed into a corner really, they started so verbose. So confident that the film would be a flop, not break any records and would be panned by critics. Slowly as TFA has BTFO them on every conceivable level, they've been reduced to adopting some bizarre cult-like contrarian attitude to the prequels, proclaiming them as underrated gems, and trying to push some kind of narrative where if TFA doesn't beat Avatar, it's somehow failed, despite already being a record breaking movie and saving Star Wars.
>>
>>64054809
A sane person just wouldn't give a fuck. You're over-analyzing something that wasn't intended to be analyzed in that way
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 499x499
>>64054959
It was, though
>>
File: obi wan hugs air.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
obi wan hugs air.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>64054809
>The entire left side of this shot
>At first you think it's meant to be a painting, but then you realise it's intended to be the entrance to the room
>>
>>64055088
>saved the franchise from the prequels

Top kek, it didn't need to be saved (as the prequels were good)
>>
>>64055088
You're crazy for expecting anything different from a cesspool
>>
File: wtf.jpg (2 KB, 109x124) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
2 KB, 109x124
>>64054578
>>
>>64053772
I like to think anakins jump mirrors obi wans in the phantom menace, when he kills maul, maybe obi wan taught him how to do sick jump attacks and that's why obi wan says don't try it, directly refering to the cool jump move that he passed down, see its like pottery
>>
>>64055088
who said it won't break records... everyone said beside it being a shitty lefitst propaganda piece it will break records because it's star wars and 2015... no main stream reviewer has the balls to call tfa out on its agenda, because they don't want to create outrage and be called a racist sexist whatever... and people who review fucking super hero movies for a living are fucking sheepy losers anyways, i don't even know mr plinkett who gives a shit... I wanted to like it and hated it
>>
>>64054781
I meant stop using ...

It's okay if you didn't like the new movie; it is okay if you enjoy the prequels, your opinion and I respect it.
>>
>>64055309
>don't have a counter-argument
>post dank meme downloaded from reddit instead
>>
>>64055168
Go ahead, make your argument. I want to laugh harder.
>>
File: BRAVOLUCAS.png (3 MB, 2156x920) Image search: [Google]
BRAVOLUCAS.png
3 MB, 2156x920
>>64055104
>Production Design doesn't matter
Aren't you the one going after me for being a "parrot" to a lazy criticism? Just saying "Most people wouldn't give a shit xD" seems like a pretty fucking lazy criticism to me m8

The scenic/production design is lazy, and the production itself looks and feels like a rushed process. Look at this image, you can see the fucking wire plugged into Natalie Portman's dress.

If filmmakers should honestly believe nobody will give a shit or be taken out of a movie because of silly avoidable mistakes like these, are you implying they shouldn't try at all?

You're a fucking moron
>>
>>64054104
It's been a while since I've seen it, so it might be trash. But either way I think he should be shown as intimidating, the separatists are definitely antagonists anyways
>>
>>64051804
Too much stupid dialogue
>>
>>64053395
HOLY SHIT
>>
>>64055407
I don't want to type out anything big, I was just stunned
>>
>>64054883
facial features and eyes don't match
>kylo is a weak faggot
that's kind of the point
>>
Best of the prequels but then again that's not saying much
>>
>tfw clones had vader removing sand niggers
>>
>>64055449
because I enjoyed it the most. that's literally my reason
>>
>>64054167
This. Psychological warfare as well. WHo will strike first. People who think that part is retarded are literally retarded
>>
>>64055457
>Aren't you the one going after me for being a "parrot" to a lazy criticism? Just saying "Most people wouldn't give a shit xD" seems like a pretty fucking lazy criticism to me m8
I'm a different anon

>>64055457
>The scenic/production design is lazy, and the production itself looks and feels like a rushed process. Look at this image, you can see the fucking wire plugged into Natalie Portman's dress. If filmmakers should honestly believe nobody will give a shit or be taken out of a movie because of silly avoidable mistakes like these, are you implying they shouldn't try at all?
they're already trying and the result is good. I don't see the problem
>>
>>64056626
That's fine, it just means you have shit taste.
>>
>>64051804
Every scene of dialogue.
>>
>>64055720
>I don't want to type out an argument, it's n-not like I don't h-have any argument to begin with
>>
File: 4zCcE6T[1].png (214 KB, 680x592) Image search: [Google]
4zCcE6T[1].png
214 KB, 680x592
>>64057022
>it just means you have shit taste
ah, the "taste" meme. where someone asserts that their opinion is superior to another's
>>
>>64051804
revenge of the sith is a great film, I'm not in disagreement
The problem with the prequels for me is the incosistancies with the OT, judged on their own they're not bad
the love story was fucking awful however you slice it though
>>
>>64051804
agreed
>>
File: key to all this.png (1 MB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
key to all this.png
1 MB, 1920x816
ep I was better
>>
>>64051804

Lightsaber fights were lame as fuck. Just speed dancing with glowsticks.

Greivous was shit, Sheev is a meme, Obi Wan just complains the whole time.

World design was a clusterfuck. Nothing stood out at all.

Politics was ridiculously shit. "We must kill that one senator from Naboo out of thousands of other senators." "Haha we empire now". 0/10.

Did not at all feel like a Star Wars movie. No adventures, just talking.

This shitposting needs to stop. Back to reddit prequel apologists.
>>
>>64057418
>III was literally the best in the series, though
>implying you weren't asserting your opinion was more valid than mine
>>
>>64057659
Link to wookiepedia for the driver?
>>
>>64051804
1) Keeps blue light sabre after massacring little children.
2) WTF was that jump over Obi Wan? Just move 100m down the lava river, get back on land, and finish kicking his ass.
3) Obi Wan not having the decency to ram his light sable through one of his eye sockets as Annikan ignites.
>>
>>64057871
Na.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Breast
>>
>>64051804
- Godawful acting from Anakin, terrible writing for most everyone else. "I have the high ground!"

- Endless concluding light saber battle where you couldn't tell who was who half of the time they stupidly made the sabers the same color

- Idiotic plot lines like Anakin going from nearly-Jedi to "Kill all the younglings" in one scene

- Palpatine soloing four jedi masters and almost winning

I could go on. The prequel trilogy had some good ideas but was ruined by bad writing, bad acting, overuse of CGI, etc, etc.
>>
>>64053078
Could write an entire essay if we bring EU into this. Don't. He's being a cocky overconfident asshole the whole movie as it is.
>>
>>64051804
The Phantom Menace had a good lightsaber duel, 2 and 3 went fill retard
>>
>>64051804
> Hey let me just kill all my friends and these children because this old guy said he heard about some guy who might have been able to bring people back to life.
>>
>>64054883
> kylo is a weak faggot
he stopped a fuckin laser in mid air and just suspended it there without even focusing on it. The only reason he got bear by Rey is because he was injured.
>>
File: jarjarbonks.jpg (18 KB, 176x302) Image search: [Google]
jarjarbonks.jpg
18 KB, 176x302
>>64057659
>This one's a deee-coy!

I clapped at the end.
>>
>>64051804
You know, after watching the shitfest that was Abrams FA, I like the Prequels alot.

It still at least fucking felt like Star Wars, and it's soundtrack felt like Star Wars, and the overall design looked like Star Wars. It also gave us some amazing EU. All the FA left me with was a feeling of disappointment from the fact of the series could have gone anywhere, and it went in such a safe, boring, bland direction with literally carbon copied characters from the original trilogy.
>>
>>64053078
Clone Wars is canon fyi
>>
>>64052029
He's a multi-layered character with flaws and dreams and a legitimate character arc.
>>
>amazing lightsaber battles
>there are people who thinks over-choregraphed dance fight with unnecessary backflip in the prequel is better than the more menacing and brutal fight in TFA
It looks cool back then, but now i just realized that the lightsaber battle in the prequel was fucking stupid
Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.