[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>muh training Why is everyone so caught up on this? Don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: revan+and+malak.jpg.cf.jpg (38 KB, 711x399) Image search: [Google]
revan+and+malak.jpg.cf.jpg
38 KB, 711x399
>muh training

Why is everyone so caught up on this? Don't the films prove that training doesn't mean shit?

Anakin was "far too old" to be trained, and became one of the best. Luke had like a couple weeks of training total.

Training was just a Jedi scam. Its like how some Applebee's are now asking for college degrees. You don't need a degree to be an effective waiter and you don't need formal training to be a good jedi. Your training was more about learning philosophy, ethics, history, and politics, and formal lightsaber styles. You could be dangerous with no training at all.
>>
>>64048964
Luke trained in between 4 and 5
He trained with Yoda in 5
He trained with Yoda to completion offscreen until he rescues Solo, which is implied to be more than 'a few weeks'. (Years.)
>>
>>64048964
>Luke had like a couple weeks of training total.
>implying he didn't have like a dozen force ghosts training him later in life
>>
>>64048964
>Anakin was "far too old" to be trained, and became one of the best.

Anakin was space Jesus, and he also turned out to be a evil piece of shit who couldn't control his emotions.
>>
>>64048964
Anakin was doing shit with the force, we see him doing jedi stuff in Episode 2 after a decade of training

Luke trained through the entire movies, he didn't become a "jedi" until ROTJ
>>
>>64048964
>Anakin was "far too old" to be trained,

But he was still trained. He apprenticed with Obi-Wan. Like Luke apprenticed with Yoda.
>>
>>64048964
the films show you need some guidance to know how to accurately control and use the powers

anakin was force jesus and he basically only knew how to use the force instinctually to guide him

i think the biggest sore spot with >muh training was basically the jedi mind trick scene - a very specific usage of the power which you imagine would require some previous knowledge somehow

it probably would have been better if she did it by accident somehow and then in general was shown to have a very raw but uncontrolled use of force pull/push while in the final battle
>>
The "too old to train" thing comes from the prequels and so you should disregard it completely. I mean shit for a being that lives for 700 years like yoda you'd think he be like 'nah 20 is too old'
Seriously now
>>
>>64049285
Mind trick is probably the easiest one, since hypnotizing is a real life thing and you dont even fucking need the force. Go to the fair that guy on stage isnt fucking obiwan kenobi. Force push is the real deal hard as fuck even drains yoda
>>
I know its EU shit but wasn't Kyle Katarn over 30 when he started his Jedi training?
>>
>>64049415
yes but the point is you more that you would need some prior knowledge in the first place, not that it is necessarily that difficult

it is never implied she knew how to do it before that scene and never implied she had any sort of exposure to anyone who could do it
>>
>>64049021
And I'm sure during that time Yoda and Luke were sparing with lightsabers, right?
>>
>>64049612
>implying Chester Bennington wasnt doing mind tricks on her in the last scene
>>
>>64049625
No, which is why he doesn't get good with the saber until 6.
>>
>>64049625
Yoda instructs him in a deleted scene actually in Empire, so yeah, they probably did do some form of saber training. Especially since Luke is all ready training with his saber on the Falcon in ANH.
>>
>>64049336
How retarded are you?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.