[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flaw. You can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 340x525) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 340x525
Find a flaw.
You can't
>>
>>64047437
Green lightsabers are cooler than blue lightsabers

They say "that armor is too strong for BLASTERS" but as soon as it's down they blow it up. If the neck was weak why not always aim for that
>>
The most over rated movie of all time. Pseudo nerds will have you believing that george lucas ruined this movie that was once so great even though they probably didnt even see the original version until after the new ones came out. You can find these geek posers at your local comic cons repeating everything plinkett says wearing there han shot first shirt thinking they sound like they know what there talking about, but take it from me these movies are on par with bollywood scifi shit dont waste your time.
>>
>>64047478
>They say "that armor is too strong for BLASTERS" but as soon as it's down they blow it up. If the neck was weak why not always aim for that

When the walker went down, the pilot's foot slipped off of the armor-reinforcing pedal.
>>
>>64047576
>wearing there han shot first shirt
I thought OT nerds hated the idea of Han firing first. Makes him out to be a real scumbag instead of someone defending them self.
>>
>>64047582
Wtf? Please tell me this is a joke. Even the books can't be so dumb as to include "armor reflecting pedel"
>>
>>64047478
they meant the shields dummy
when it was down it was just a hunk of metal with frizzed electronics and leaking fuel
>>
>>64047615

I mean I was joking, but a dead man's switch is a thing, which (I know) doesn't make any sense for a shield.
>>
>>64047437
SW a shit, but that poster is god tier
>>
>>64047615
Trolled hard.
For real though, the neck was flexible so not well armored, but the head and body were well armored and surround the neck almost entirely. It's not until the AT-AT falls that the neck is exposed for a clear, low-risk shot.
>>
Lando wears Han's clothes for some reason
>>
>>64047437
only good if you watch jedi right after
>>
>>64047478

They did aim for the neck initially, unfortunately all the guns are right in front of it.
>>
>>64047437
I just watched it for the first time last night, and didn't quite get the hype upon finishing. I liked A New Hope better. Maybe I'm desensitized to the whole climax of the movie since it is spoiled to everyone, but even the buildup I didnt like. Do they ever go into more backstory/lore on Jedi and the Force? I thought we were going to get that with Yoda training, but that was 5 minutes of handstands and one off-hand comment about living things giving energy like a spirit bomb.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 458x196) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 458x196
>>64047769
If they wanted to fire at the exposed neck, why not attack it from the side and top? It's like always exposed
>>
Too much Dagobah
>>
Too much violence for kids movie.
>>
I don't like how R2 does nothing in this one but screams and breaks Luke's concentration, and in the last 5 minutes somehow instantly fixes the hyperdrive.
>>
>>64047437
The "Luke's head in Vader's helmet" went nowhere..............unless he turns evil in the new trilogy.
>>
>>64047965
MarySueD2
>>
>>64047437
Can you tell me why it IS good?
>>
no tatooine
>>
>>64047907
A lot of what people discuss about the force comes from Extended Universe writing.

The movies are all very light on lore, honestly.

I rewatched them and honestly, was kind of bored.

I haven't seen the new one, don't really plan to, but I guess I've grown out of them.

The pacing of A New Hope is garbage too. It's just too quick, from one set piece to the next.

Star Wars is more about the cultural importance of WHEN it came from than the content.
>>
I think they spent too much time on the asteroid. The scene maybe didn't even have to be in the movie at all.
>>
>>64047990
Oh god, that was supposed to be Luke? I honestly couldnt tell, it looked like a womens mannequin.
>>
File: 14527-5678.jpg (11 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
14527-5678.jpg
11 KB, 320x240
Ford's acting got worse, especially in the Hoth scenes. The script was fine but he came off Hamill levels of whiny. No longer the self-confident, cocky rogue at all.

Ben Kenobi appears to Luke as a ghost for no reason. It's never explained why or how he appeared when he did. Why not earlier? Very convenient it happened just because an Imperial assault on the base.

I've tried every English audio mix in the newest Harmy release, with headphones, stereo speakers, and a 5.1 system. In every case a lot of the dialogue is difficult to make out.

The lightsabers have shadows. You may not have noticed, but your brain did.
>>
>>64047990
How did it go nowhere? It was a premonition of what was in store for him if he wasn't careful. He nearly did it in RotJ, but realized what he was doing.
>>
bad first act
>>
>>64047990

What? He brings his weapons when told not to and aggressively attacks Vader. It's a vision showing him that he could end up just like Vader.
>>
>>64047990
No it didn't. Even in A New Hope--before family relationship was established--Darth Vader represented a failed Jedi and was therefore a sort of cautionary example for Luke.

In Return of the Jedi he almost gives into his impulses like Vader did. But he stops. This is why we didn't really need the prequels: we already got Vader's story implicitly through Luke. Except Luke didn't fail.
>>
>>64047437
Not enough monologues about sand
>>
>>64047611
OT nerds know that Han didn't shoot first.
Han just shot. Greedo didn't even get a chance. Why should he? You walk into that cantina and expect people to play fair? A scoundrel's gotta look out for number one.
>>
>>64048074
>rogue
not anymore
he was a SCOUNDREL
>>
>>64048171
What would have been in there if he didn't take his weapons?

Candy?
>>
>>64048241
If he didn't take his weapons, he'd have been a different person all together.
He took them, because he was who he was, trusting more in his weapon, than what his mentor had to say.
This brash person, is who was in threat of becoming something like Vader.

So yeah, he'd have found nothing if he didn't bring his weapons, because he wouldn't have been Luke if he didn't.
>>
R2D2 falls into the Dagobah swamp even though he can fly. He is then able to navigate underneath the swamp as if it has a completely smooth bottom.
>>
>>64048317
This hilariously over the top analysis brought to you by children that aged without growing up.

"We Want More from Our Children's Films!"
>>
>>64048367
he has treads
>>
File: SH0960.jpg (180 KB, 1083x1150) Image search: [Google]
SH0960.jpg
180 KB, 1083x1150
Friendly reminder that all lightsabers were originally white, then Vader's was turned red and Luke's was turned yellow in the re-release right before Empire came out when Star Wars officially got the "Episode IV: A New Hope" title added.

Then some time around its release on VHS, Luke's saber became an ultra-bright blue that almost looked white.

Because contrary to popular belief, 1997 is NOT when George Lucas first began fucking with the trilogy.
>>
>>64048381
>I can't even understand the symbolism and messages of children's stories, so I pretend like they don't have them
>>
>>64048481
>He wouldn't have been Luke if he didn't bring his weapons

There's a lot of hoops to jump through to think something like this and believe it makes sense.

I agree that the helmet symbolism works, because it's just a message, but that line is just hilarious.

I bet you do well with your Star Wars shirt from Kohl's and your beret with army boots though, sitting around discussing Lucas's vision.
>>
>>64047437
Luke and Leia didn't fuck
>>
>>64048554
With this kind of projection quality, Quentin should have come to you when Disney fucked him over.

Seriously though, it's a pretty basic concept.
>Character does something. Therefore the character is someone who would do that thing
That vision was about Luke as he is, if he's the character who would take his weapons with him.
If he ISN'T the character who would take his weapons with him, and instead is a character who would trust Yoda, then that means he would get a different vision, because he would be a different character. But that character is not Luke. That is somebody else.
>>
>>64048655
Yes, I'm wearing those things right now.

I understand what you're saying, but it's an insanely pretentious way of going about it.

You're overstating basic character development. His actions make him, but breaking it down as the character he is vs the character he isn't with hypotheticals is just needlessly convoluting an extremely basic trilogy.
>>
>>64048768
What can I say? I'm not the guy who asked the question of what would have happened if he didn't take his weapons with him.
Clearly he did, so there is no point in even asking what would have happened. He did, end of story.

The moment you actually ask it, and expect an answer, the only way to get there is point out narratively speaking why it's a stupid question, and that's what I did. Showing that the situation in the question does not belong in a movie about Luke.

It's less being pretentious, and more explaining how storytelling works.
>>
>>64047437
>watching the scene where han and leia first kiss in the engineering deck
>dat dialogue
>dat blocking
>dat swell of music
>dat c3po perfectly ruining the moment
>dat leia ducking out
>dat solo swag
I really hope the new movies can capture that kind of fun romance so goddamn much. What a fuckin film.
>>
>>64048043
>The pacing of A New Hope is garbage too. It's just too quick, from one set piece to the next.

troll
>>
Why didn't Vader know Leia was his daughter? Couldn't he sense her midichlorians?
>>
>>64049048
Luke kept his father's name of Skywalker

Leia became Leia Organa by her adoptive parents.
>>
>>64049048
Well Vader only sensed Luke's "midichlorians" when Luke started concentrating on the shot in the trench run, which implies you can't just sense someone is strong with the force unless they are actively channelling it.
>>
>>64047995
Mary2-DSue
>>
It's the best but still a 7/10 film. That said, the Hoth level in battlefront, shit was so cash
>>
>>64047437
Middle act is poorly paced.
Acting is once again a mixed bag
Some action scenes fail to move the plot forward and some are weirdly edited/poorly presented.
For some reason treated like the Second Coming in movie format.
>>
Didn't get nominated for best picture; best director like Star Wars (1977)
>>
File: pepe.png (26 KB, 190x194) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
26 KB, 190x194
Lamest planets in the saga
>Snow planet nothing happens
>Swamp planet nothing happens
>Smog planet nothing happens

It's cool to say you like this one the best in the same vein it's cool to say Episode 3 is the best of the prequels because its the "darkest"

They're literally both the worst movies of their trilogies and you can't prove me wrong
>>
>>64049011
>Muh spectacle scenes that jump from one to another
>Muh knowing Obi-wan for such a short time but caring more about him than my Aunt / Uncle
>Muh instantly given a ship to pilot to attack the death star upon becoming an honorary rebel for happening upon the princess
>Muh coincidences

A lot happens, doesn't make sense when analyzed, and any arguments for it are from people just wowed by the action.

Get muh'd faggot.
>>
>>64047437
I can't even remember it.
Its always been "the one between 4 and 6" to me, like glorified filler.
>>
No POC protagonist, just white trash (Lando is NOT a protagonist)
The flick doesn't pass the Bechdel test
No 3D 60FPS version
No gungans or ewoks
AT-ATs, AT-STs and TaunTauns should be CG instead of stopmotion crap
The imperial walkers also have really poor design in terms of efficiency
Han doesn't freeze to death on Hoth even though he himself has no extra protection against the cold like Luke
>>
>force jump
>used once
>never used when it could be useful at other moments
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.