[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The GOAT capeshit >A respectable Christmas movie in it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: Batman_Returns_Poster.jpg (81 KB, 508x755) Image search: [Google]
Batman_Returns_Poster.jpg
81 KB, 508x755
>The GOAT capeshit
>A respectable Christmas movie in it's own right

Was Nolan even trying? Will Snyder even come close?
>>
>>64045815
This movie is actually pretty stupid if you watch it as a 30 year old.
>>
>>64045815
This is a masterpiece compared to that already memefest of BvS
>>
>>64045815
>puttin nolan and snyder in the same sentence
nice going pleb
>>
But it isn't true to the source material or something. Unlike Nolan.
>>
Will we ever have Christmas movies ever again that are not just about Christmas, but adventures of their own set in a Christmas setting and released during Christmas?
>>
>>64045843
It's literally the least embarrassing capeshit. I'd be far more humiliated watch the Memevengers or GOTG.
>>
>>64045906
Examples?
>>
>>64045815
This is genuinely the second best Batman film after TDK.
>>
>>64045891
Burton managed to have great tone and imagery. Nolan made law and order with a guy and a bat suit, till the CIA movie
>>
File: 1417845212830.webm (2 MB, 600x335) Image search: [Google]
1417845212830.webm
2 MB, 600x335
LAWN DART!
>>
>>64045949
No you don't understand. If it's a comic book movie, they aren't allowed to change anything, UNLESS they make it more grounded and realistic.

If they change a character's origin story or personality or race, it's a shitty movie and it's wrong 0/10 I'm boycotting it.
>>
File: Get_a_load_of_me_poster.png (313 KB, 512x773) Image search: [Google]
Get_a_load_of_me_poster.png
313 KB, 512x773
>>64046027
It doesn't surprise me /co/ hates Burton's Batman movies so much when this is unironically their mindset.
I wipe my ass with their funny papers.
>>
>>64045934
My biggest gripe with this is that every line of dialogue is a fucking double entendre. The villains are 2D as fuck, as cool as they look and as well as they throw themselves into the roles, but their interaction is as lame as regular capeshit. Plus the plot was really lame in almost every aspect. There's too much going on and not enough dedicated to any one thing to make that one thing really good. It's like spreading a dollop of peanut butter over a whole loaf of bread.

I think what saves this movie is the look and tone, the soundtrack, the makeup, Shelley in that glorious catsuit, and a handful of neat little moments (e.g. Rob Sussman getting his nose bitten off). It's still pretty stupid though.
>>
>>64046027
It's really a crappy way of thinkng about it tbqh. Spiderman 1 and 2 changed all of Mary Janes story and it's still better than every MCU movie imo
>>
>>64046263
>villians 2d

This seems to be one of the only batman movies that have their villians a more 3d character. Ok the surface penguin is a bad guy but he was a tragic character who just wanted the parents who rejected him. Catwoman was at heart a character who wanted to stricke back against Shreck but showed that she wanted to live a happy life with bruce, but couldn't because she felt she didn't deserve it
>>
>>64046263
>The villains are 2D as fuck

Penguin and Catwoman have more depth than every Marvel movie """villain""" put together.
>>
>>64046338
You're not wrong, but I'm pretty sure I get this impression because of what I said about spreading everything too thinly. It definitely suffers from throwing too many villains in the pot. Everything's brushed over too quickly for it to really stick.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-Ryz8v31bw
Zimmer on suicide watch
>>
>>64046338
>>64046391
But regardless of the shit I'm taking on this movie, I'd much rather watch it than any of the recent capeshit again with the exception of Captain America 2, the only one I really enjoyed.
>>
>>64045969
You said you were only going to scare the Ice Princess
>>
>>64045934
>literally the least embarrassing capeshit
I WOULD FILL HER HOLE
>>
>>64046463
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGoo5-jfzsw

>characters who are literally you
>>
>>64045891
>nolan
>true to the source material
>>
>>64046537
Batman 2 and Always sunny are the only instances of DeVito just being himself
>>
>>64046632
>"Who else would play the troll?"
>>
File: Max_Shreck_(CW).jpg (71 KB, 500x663) Image search: [Google]
Max_Shreck_(CW).jpg
71 KB, 500x663
>>64046537
For me it's Max Shreck - intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor
>>
>>64046924
SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.