[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"You think Han Solo was the father you never had...he'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 623x437) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 623x437
"You think Han Solo was the father you never had...he'd only disappoint you."

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>64042880
he was probably just being an overdramatic sith wannabe
>>
I got the sense that Leia sending Kylo/Ben off to Luke was the equivalent of sending your trouble child off to boarding or military school. Maybe he feels that Han didn't care enough cause he sent him away?
>>
>>64042880
i think a lot of his disappointment comes from Han not being Force sensitive and feeling like he's the one who held Ben back from becoming as great a Jedi/Sith as his uncle/grandfather
>>
>tfw no voice modulator to speak through
>>
…the book also reveals that Leia knew Snoke would try to turn Ben to the Dark Side—and kept this information from Han, thinking that as a non-Force user, he wouldn’t be able to help, or understand. Leia thought as the Force sensitive parent, it was her duty alone to protect Ben, but she ultimately failed him…

WHAT. why would you not tell the father of your child that a supreme dark being is stalking your son and tempting him to evil
>>
Han Solo was probably a shit father let's face it, plus>>64042990
>>
Han was most likely a terrible father. It's his fault Ben was full of angst and rebelled to the dark side
>>
>>64042880
it could be a combination of resenting Han for not being force sensitive (as someone here mentioned), Han giving up on him because as he said Ben had "too much Vader in him", Leia sending him away.

I also want to know how that line ties in with: "Your son is gone. He was weak and foolish like his father"
>>
I took it as Kylo inventing reasons to have turned to the dark side. "my parents never understood me waaahhh" type of bullshit. It only makes sense he would invent reasons to hate his parents, or latch onto things that arent really reasons.

I never took it that Han was actually an absentee or crap dad, although I am sure Han gave a lot of fatherly duties to Luke since being a Jedi and the Force was never something Han could relate to his son about, and that might cause some tension
>>
>>64042880
Didn't Han only leave after Ben went to the dark side? I don't know why he would say this, unless maybe he didn't want to be a jedi but his parents forced him.
>>
>>64043268
I totally don't think Han was a crap dad. I think he was trying to be the best dad he COULD be... but having a kid during a war that didn't actually end, and the trio being on the Empire's Most Wanted, that makes it a bit hard to raise a kid. There is a lot of pressure I think, and as much as he tried to alleviate that from Leia and Ben, he could never really do that because he was thrust into missions and that could be become a difficult thing for Kylo. I like to think, for him (Ben), it's kind of hard being the son of a famous couple, having the force, and not really being a normal kid who got to grow up.

Those are my thoughts, and I hope that JJ has a good backstory planned
>>
>>64042880
I took it as being a combination of things, from Han being occupied with the post-Endor Rebellion work, to Ben feeling vulnerable at Snoke's looking influence, to Ben's anger at Han not being Force-sensitive and not "understanding" him
>>
>>64043079
Anon, my son's mother didn't tell me he gets picked on at school daily due to the fact he resembles me more and she didn't want to hurt my feelings.
>>
>>64043079
wow thats prequel tier bullshit.with star wars, the less you know the better.

>>64043323
i guess han pulled a Pan kent on ben
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.