[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meet the new hosts of Top Gear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7
Meet the new hosts of Top Gear
>>
They removed that faggot Ferrari fanboy Brit? Might actually be worth giving it a try. Sabin was always my trackfu
>>
The new Amazon prime show is going to destroy this piece of fifth
>>
>muh diversity
>>
>>64038132
>amazon prime
>destroying anything
>>
Based David
>>
I'd park in that german chick's garage, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>64038106
>>64038131
>>64038161
TRAITORS
>>
File: 1450128224140.jpg (57 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
1450128224140.jpg
57 KB, 620x388
>female

>hosting a mans show for men about automobiles

HA HA
>>
>>64038106
That chin on David Culthard

Truly a wonder to behold. But no, this is awful and its currently just speculation. Sabine is fine because she's an unconventional qt, and also happens to be a racing driver. No idea who this other fool is, also where the fuck is Evans?
>>
>>64038183
>he doesn't know who Sabine is
>>
Ruud Gullit? IDK?
>>
>>64038106
>discussing a show no one will be watching
>>
Gutted that there's no Guy Martin
>>
>>64038482
>tfw Guy is such a hipster he'd rather fix trucks then earn millions on tv

Still love his personality.
>>
>>64038106
I thought Michael Shumacher was rip

No-one told me he had a sex change.
>>
>>64038106
BORING

And the sad part is they gonna try to copy the formula of a wanna-be Jeremy and co.
>>
>>64038620

hipster? he's a literal diagnosed sperg
>>
>>64038183
They had one in a knock-off show called "Fifth Gear."

She was boring as fuck.

If you want British car TV then watch Wheeler Dealers until Jeremy and co's new show starts.
>>
Setup looks fine. It's how they interact which will make the show.
>>
>>64038106
Based Coulthard.
>>64038932
>Wheeler Dealers
That fucking show. I swear Mike Brewer never actually makes a profit.
>>
>David Coulthard

Did the BBC want more car crashes? Coulthard stinks. They should have hired Eddie Irvine.
>>
>>64038881
Obviously, but of course BBC doesn't realize the reason it's so popular around the World isn't because it's a car based program, but because it has the best chemistry of hosts and great banter.

It's most likely going to be even worse than American Top Gear that we got.
>>
>>64038106
middle looks like an ugly poor man's Dolph Lundgren
>>
>No Suzi Perry
>>
BBC is so stupid

>clarkson gives some inept jew who got his job through nepotism a slap
>bbc completely fucks up their biggest show in response
>>
>>64038161

The Man in the High Castle > Jessica Jones + Daredevil

I think Amazon Prime will be fine and Top Gear will do well.
>>
>>64038980
>I swear Mike Brewer never actually makes a profit.
If you could make decent money fixing up old cars, everyone would be doing it. It's a labor of love, really.
>>
>>64038980
Ever notice how they almost never add in travel, gas, and advertising expenses?

And it seems like their most profitable cars have been American like the old corvette and delorean
>>
>>64039074
I don't know, I feel like their budget is too large and the show will suffer for it
>>
american top gear>britush top gear
>>
>>64039106
Guaranteed replies.

Here's your first.
>>
>>64039098
>I feel like their budget is too large
You do realise how huge the budget was on the BBC, right? It costs a lot more than you think to do shit like go cross country somewhere with a full production crew and 3 cars.
>>
>>64038984
I wish people would stop with this argument. The BBC isn't a commercial station, their job isn't to make as popular a program as possible, their job is to follow their government charter. It wouldn't surprise me if they were more than happy to get rid of the old TG in favour of a more serious motoring show.

I honestly think this cast could excel in being a show which is far more car focussed, but not so serious as to be boring. Harris is probably the most famous car reviewer in the world barring the TG boys and genuinely knows his shit, and the other 2 are great drivers, with Evans' experience to hold it all together and add humour. All 3 are also genuinely nice people with enthusiasm for the subject, which will stop it getting too technical and boring.

This won't be a show that old TG fans will like, but it will be exactly the one the BBC is aiming for make no mistake.
>>
File: image.png (187 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
image.png
187 KB, 327x316
>>64039106
>"country" top gear
>just copies skits from brit top gear
>>
>>64039187
It's going to be shit.
Half of the fun was Clarkson causing controversy, but now they've opted for the safe SJW angle.
It's going to bomb so hard.
>>
>>64039204
it was mythbusters with cars :D
>>
>>64038106
that's actuly sick lineup un a good way
>>
This will be shit.
>>
>>64039235
You clearly didn't read what I wrote. This replacement clearly isn't intended to be a mass appeal copy of the old show. It's a more serious show for people who actually want a car show. The BBC don't give a shit if the old fans leave in droves, they aren't out to make money as I said.
>>
File: 1408766881347.gif (3 MB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
1408766881347.gif
3 MB, 400x200
>>64039305
>they aren't out to make money
>>
>>64039332
You what mate? The BBC is literally not allowed to make a profit.
>>
File: 1449450686689.jpg (39 KB, 600x370) Image search: [Google]
1449450686689.jpg
39 KB, 600x370
>>64039074
how dare you imply daredevil isn't the best of all those shows.
>>
>>64038106

What are they thinking? Half of the people that watched that show did it for the banter between Jeremy, Hammond and James.

If they get a new show, this one is going to be BTFO.
>>
Why couldn't they just rename it? Go for their new appeal as a serious motoring show and do away with pretty much what everyone knows as TG?
>>
>>64038106
> woman
Is she going to topless at least
>>
>>64039091
>If you could make decent money [doing anything], everyone would be doing it.

I hope you now realise how retarded you are.
>>
>>64038932
>Wheeler Dealers
Holy shit, this is pretty much everything I ever wanted in a car show.
>>
File: 1440294362137.jpg (298 KB, 1782x1647) Image search: [Google]
1440294362137.jpg
298 KB, 1782x1647
>>64038106
-cis white male
-useless roastie
-black dude

BBC seal of approval
>>
>>64039435
They're not even trying to make it serious

Still using the stig and the same ayy stunts and challenges format except without the comfy studio banter
>>
>>64038106
>woman

every episode is going to be either "take THAT men", or "lol us girls right?"
>>
>>64039495
>no banter
>the chemistry of mustard gas

Somehow they think this will be good?
>>
>>64039187
>>64039305
These, people ITT literally don't understand what the BBC is. They are a public service broadcaster wrapped up in of red tape which requires them to prove how every show they make 'provides public value.' A show like old Top Gear is a nightmare for that because it isn't easily pigeonholed into a list they can give the BBC Trust to prove it provides actual value.

The new show will still be lighthearted but far more serious so that they can tell the Trust it's a genuinely informational program. If anyone ITT thinks that there is any genuine drive to make new Top Gear anything like the old they have no idea what they're talking about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_Charter
>>
File: 1438906983156.jpg (185 KB, 1105x1600) Image search: [Google]
1438906983156.jpg
185 KB, 1105x1600
Seth Macfarlane should be the new host of Top Gear
>>
>>64038106
Tonight... men go back to the kitchen

We discuss how Muhammad (peace be upon him) would prefer a Lamborghini Countach over Aisha.

And the Stig begins HRT!
>>
>>64039493
>tfw have Asian gf and deliberately do the unedited version of this comic for trolling purposes
>>
>>64039560
>The new show will still be lighthearted but far more serious so that they can tell the Trust it's a genuinely informational program.

So the whole episode of them going to Nevada to test the Caddy CTS-V, Challenger, and ZR-1 complaining that they couldn't have their typical fun in the US because they had to prove they were being "strictly informative" was bullshit?
>>
>>64039614
>no "Sabine gets BLACKED"

Had literally one job anon.
>>
>>64039650
That wasn't to do with the BBC Trust, that was to do with US border control and the type of visa they got, though that whole thing is part of what made the old Top Gear such a nightmare for the BBC.
>>
>>64039667
Sabine dosen't get BLACKED until sweeps week.
>>
>>64038106
>A middle-aged woman, a white guy and a brown guy
I expected the BBC to do something like this but I'm still surprised.
>>
>>64038183
>He doesn't know Sabine Schmidt

Probably the only decent choice out of the three of them.
>>
>>64039836
Nah that would be Chris Harris, he has a genuine love for talking about cars which is totally infectious. He'll be great if he's given the space to be. Sabine is a great driver but not a great personality, so I hope she's basically The Stig with a face, which is what I suspect she'll be.
>>
>>64039624
Is this the edit/original? post the other pls
>>
>>64038932
Wheeler Dealers is maximum comfy. Also the way Mike shakes hands cracks me up every time, he just swings it at his client like the madman he is
>>
>>64038201
regardless of who she is, do you really believe the male audience would be open minded enough to accept her? i don't think so.
>>
>>64039973
Maybe, but I feel he's more of an informative automotive reviewer than Top Gear material, whereas Schmidt has done a couple of challenges for old Top Gear before and seemed game, like driving a Transit round the Nürburgring.

That said, I suspect they're going to go for a more factual, Fifth Gear type show so he'll probably be perfect for that.
>>
>>64040182
Yeah exactly, there's no way he would have fit on old Top Gear but he's exactly what they're looking for in the new show I think.
>>
I feel so bad for Sabine.
>>
>>64040101
>do you really believe the male audience would be open minded enough to accept her?

She's been on Top Gear before you mong. Sure there's going to be a few members of the audience who are tragically insecure and can't cope with wimminz in their motoring show but most likely won't care.

Like >>64039973 said, she's probably going to be a pretty version of The Stig anyway.
>>
nice bait OP, i doubt Chris Harris is dumping his freelance career for this also seeing as the original trio will be doing their own show funded by Amazon
>>
Does the chick have hairy legs and pits? Any nudes?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3YPTkBRaOk

>tfw you'll never own all of them
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.