[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people pretend that spoilers actually affect their enjoyment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Natalie_sees_anon's_cock.webm (526 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Natalie_sees_anon's_cock.webm
526 KB, 854x480
Why do people pretend that spoilers actually affect their enjoyment of a movie?

If you're actually fucking watched and getting immersed in it the framing and build-up will still affect you, it literally changes nothing.

Is this just another form of "XD I'm such a nerd" so people can look like they're more invested in something than they really are?
>>
it does for me. a lot of things affect my enjoyment of things. I completely stopped reading the harry potter books mid series when the movies came out. I just couldn't shake the actors faces out of my brain when I had already established the world in my imagination and it just killed it.
spoilers for media you're already invested in ruin it because it'll be in the back of your mind the entire time. you're anticipating something you wouldn't have been already. some people are just more susceptible I guess.
>>
File: star_wars_smug_leia.jpg (22 KB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
star_wars_smug_leia.jpg
22 KB, 288x288
>>64035391
>it does for me.
No, it doesn't

Next.
>>
>>64035298
I think about whatever the spoiler is for too much during the movie. I just end up waiting for it.
>>
I resd the Star Wars spoiler and I was like "this is so fucking stupid it can't be real", and it eventually became clear it was real, Star Wars 7 was that bad.
>>
It's actually better if you know beforehand, because it allows you to focus on technique rather than plot.

But plebs gon' pleb.
>>
it does change when something is meant to be a shock

EG its not really going to ruin Sicario to be spoiled that del taco kills the main antagonist because thats a given in a crime thriller but it will spoil the movie to be spoiled that del taco kills his family first because its meant to be a shocking moment the character would go that far
>>
any movie if spoiled by a couple lines and is ruined is a flick
>>
spoilers don't bother me

only thing i have to watch live is sport
>>
>>64035298
Agreed. It's not about what happens, it's about HOW it happens. I enjoy the process and how stories develop and get to the outcome (in which I've known times before). I don't mind spoilers.

That being said, there's been times where there's been a movie that I really don't want to know anything about because I know the payoff will be glorious. So far I've been right.
>>
>>64035713
I don't agree with you anon
>>
>>64035750
wat if it is a film rather than a movie or flick?
>>
Of course it does. Especially for films that have big twists at the end, like The Sixth Sense or The Usual Suspects for example.
>>
>>64035298
>different people have different preferences

Textbook autist.
>>
>>64035873
or moon, or the I am your father thing, op is a retard.
>>
>>64035713
Yeah, or like the ending of something like Se7en. You can't just casually drop that ending in a convo when someone hasn't seen it. Not because "muh spoilers", but because I want to see their reaction to something like that.

One of the scariest endings imo
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.