[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Han solo and Chewbacca have been partners for well over 30
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
>Han solo and Chewbacca have been partners for well over 30 years

>Han solo shoots Chewie's bowcaster for the first time during this movie

Are you fucking kidding me with this shit?
>>
That bothered me just as much as the fact that they needed a clean ship, so they went to Maz, but ended up taking the trackable Falcon back to the resistance base and straight to Luke anyway.
>>
>>64032709
That seemed like improve from Ford that JJ just decided to keep in the movie.
>>
Was there a bowcaster in IV, V, or VI?

Do they mention when Chewie got his bowcaster?

Did he get it the day before they found the Falcon?
>>
>>64032821
Chewie always had a bowcaster
>>
>>64032781
Wouldn't be surprised. Ford's a cheeky cunt that likes to be subversive.
>>
>>64032709
There were just showing how powerful it was so the dumbfucks would know that it actually hurt Kylo
>>
>>64032955
how did ren not fucking die from the blast ?
>>
>>64032762
Yeah, didn't even think about that. What's Chewy going to do while Rey force trains, just frolicking around bored out of his mind.
>>
>>64032955
>implying this couldn't be done through Chewie using it
>>
>>64033035
It's more emphasized when Han has to take it. Twice actually
>>
>>64033197
More emphasized maybe, but still fucking idiotic and not funny.
>>
>>64032955
>so the dumbfucks would know that it actually hurt Kylo
yet somehow dumbfucks still didn't realize it.

>hurrrr y wuz he punchin himselv?
>>
>>64033251
lol he was like dat guy from wolf of wall street xD
>>
It was a nice detail for me. Like saying no matter how many years we have been together, we still have a lot of new things to do.
>>
chewie ,3P0 and maybe Ackbar were the only characters that weren't fucked with. everyone else had some fuckery going on that just didn't make sense.
>>
>>64032781
Naw, I think they intentionally drew attention to how powerful the bowcaster was several times to explain why Ren would have a hard time just batting it away, but more so to emphasize how badly Ren would've been hurt by it. Finn and Rey would've had no chance against him if he hadn't been seriously injured.
>>
>>64033308
But it's ridiculous. New things to do are not things like

Drive your wife of 30 year's car

Plug your guitar into that second amp that's been sitting there for 30 years

Wear that other coat that's been in your closet for 30 years

He would've fucking done it by now, you know it.
>>
>>64032709
The only way Han would ever shoot the bowcaster is if Chewbacca was somehow unable to do it himself and he's usually the one hanging back for support while Han goes solo into dangerous situations.

So yes, it did actually take 30 years for Han to say, "Y'know what? Just this once let me shoot your gun."
>>
>>64033384
Chewie's fuckery was

the stupid scene where the doctor was scanning him and saying something along the lines of "you're a very brave wookie", making him look some little bitch

the stupid scene where he complains about it being cold, making him look like some little bitch

The part where his rampage after han dies is shooting two stormtroopers instead of jumping off that balcony and ripping someone's arms off and beating them to death with them, making him look like some little bitch

Ackbar's fuckery was his lips.
>>
>>64033251
Why WAS he punching himself? I assume it was to take his mind off the pain, but he's in-tune with the Force. He should be able to block it out.
>>
>>64033510
Draw strength from pain, probably.
>>
>>64033436
Its more like "wear your best friends coat". It's totally possible you'd need to wear it at some point but not a necessity. Its his coat/blaster and you have your own
>>
>>64033490
well fuck it. fuck JJ.

the only movies are the OT. thats it. fuck everything else.
>>
>>64033436
It's more like a couple who has sex in the missionary position for 30 years because it's what works until one day they figure why not do something different and have sex in a different position. They could've always had sex in a different position, but missionary position was what they preferred until one day they decide to do things differently.
>>
>>64033510
I thought it was more to take his mind off having just killed his own father. He can't be thinking about that, so he focuses on the pain, to tell himself that these people want to kill him so he will kill them.
>>
>>64033656
>having sex in the missionary position only for 30 years
>>
You know what would've been great? If when Rey says
>"Isn't this the ship that made the kessel run in 14 parsecs?"
Han instead answers
>"It was 12. And just made that up to impress people too dumb to know what a parsec is."
>>
>>64033510
Dark side draws power from pain, the sudden shock from the punch helped dull the constant pain of the bowcaster shot, and the adrenaline boost.
>>
>>64033510
Like some of the others said. The pain was suppose to make him stronger with the dark side, but what he didn't realize is that the dark side doesn't beat Mary Sue.
>>
>>64033690
They're a good Christian couple who never thought about doing it any other way.
>>
>>64033748
>gets shot by high powered rifle
>kills his own father
>gets mind fucked
>sword fights with two people back to back with no break
omg why wasn't he at the top of his game???
>>
I figure he just never considered it before. He always seemed to love his old blaster.
>>64033510
I suppose it's already been explained, but yeah. He was mashing his wound to embrace the pain.

Ever heard of berserkers?
>>
>embracing the pian

what?

he's got a throbbing open wound. hitting it can numb the area. have you never been hurt before? no I don't mean your feelings.
>>
>>64033900
Yeah I broke my arm and started hitting it. The doctor called me a retard.
>>
>>64033900
fucking this
he wasn't trying to cause more pain. what the fuck? are you guys actually retarded?
>>
>>64033927
The sudden sharp pain of hitting the wound is more painful than the constant throbbing pain of the bowcaster shot itself. Thus the dull constant pain seems less worse than the punch does. Causes more pain to make the current pain more bearable.
>>
>>64032762
This is a good point. Han even remarks how easy it would be for the First Order to track the Falcon seeing as he and Chewy found it no problem.

Then again, maybe the First Order is too busy trying to get its shit together again after being BTFO to bother chasing after the resistance.
>>
>>64033979
one fire burns out another's burning
bunch of uneducated niggas
>>
>>64033900

>have you never been hurt before

When I snapped my collarbone, even touching it hurt like hell. Do you ever see players in football hitting themselves when they're in pain? It doesn't numb anything, it makes it worse.
>>
>>64034130
>Do you ever see players in football hitting themselves when they're in pain?
yes. because I actually played football in highschool.
a broken bone isn't the only type of injury. hitting an injury with a dull pain isn't abnormal you retarded faggot.
>>
>>64034130
They're punching the ground, or hitting their head with their hands. And a gunshot/blaster shot is a bit different from a break or fracture. But good try.
>>
>>64034130
>>64033926
breaking bones is not the same as a bullet wound or a 3rd degree burn from a laser.

wtf.
>>
>>64034172
Thanks Anon. I'll remember to hit my wound so I bleed out faster if I ever get shot.
>>
>>64034164
>>64034170
>>64034172

How would hitting a gaping wound from a blaster numb it? Are you guys serious?
>>
>>64034211
he didn't care about bleeding out. he cared about numbing the pain so he could concentrate on the fight.
>>
File: wheres_mah_cock-skin.jpg (43 KB, 359x344) Image search: [Google]
wheres_mah_cock-skin.jpg
43 KB, 359x344
>>64032709
>Are you fucking kidding me with this shit?
nope
>>
>>64033798
^ This. 100% this.

Also, Chewie has been known to be constantly upgrading his bowcaster and/or building new ones. Is it not possible that Han had not tried this one out before?
And as mentioned above, it was an attempt to bring it to the audience's attention that it's a powerful fucking gun and it wouldn't affect Kylo lightly.
>>
>>64034232
>a gaping wound
I don't recall seeing a gaping wound, anon. I imagine a blaster would actually cauterize the wound.
>>
>>64034232
the pain is lessened when you hit certain injuries.

you're still fucked up though.
>>
Numbing pain with pain works, but not this way.
You have to hurt another body part not the actual wound, because of pain localisation and prioritising by the brain.

Like when House breaks his hand to numb the pain in his leg.

Hitting an open wound would be retarded
>>
>>64032709
maybe it's a new bowcaster
>>
>>64034232
>I've never suffered a serious injury in my life and felt a dull constant throbbing pain.
>A pain so relentless a quick jab or punch is worth drowning out the dull and constant throbbing pain

Also to mention Adam Driver was a Infantryman in the Marines. Who was medically discharged after a biking accident. Dude understands pain, it was probably an ad libbed movement.
>>
>>64034250
He was increasing the pain, making himself angrier, to draw on dark side power. Thought it was obvious.

Saged because he's a shit character through storytelling failure
>>
>>64034324
if you have a constant dull pain, applying a sudden more severe pain will essentially numb the area for a few seconds and give you some relief.
>>
>>64034341
I can't wait to make a shitty movie and have the armchair analysts make it seem more developed than it really is.
>>
>>64034307
>Is it not possible that Han had not tried this one out before?

You are giving JJ too much credit, lad
>>
>>64032709
>chewie looks like shit
like really now, he looked way to fucking clean and just looked like a really shitty cosplay
>>
>>64034381

He was wounded like 10 minutes before that

And I have heard of chronic pain patients hurting the source of their pain more
>>
>>64034307
>Also, Chewie has been known to be constantly upgrading his bowcaster and/or building new ones

source
>>
>>64034232
He wasn't numbing it, it was psyching himself up. give yourself a goood pinch and you'll be awake and chipper. he was doing it to get angry and alert
>>
>>64034491
EU, which us not canon anymore, so his ass basically.
>>
>people thought they literally had been away from their home planet for years
>>
right now, I have a slight throbbing pain in my thumb from a piece of wood I was turning catching and smacking the fuck out of it
if I apply pressure to it, it causes more pain, but after releasing pressure, I don't feel the constant dull pain for a few seconds.

I'm not sure why people don't understand this. Have they legitimately never gotten hurt before? do they live in bubbles? do they sit on their computer all day so they don't ever get any injuries or cramps?
>>
>>64034512
so let's just assume that it was meant to be the same bow from the ot instead of a new one so we can have more reasons to nitpick tfa
>>
Everybody knows bowcaster blasts are green. Why is Jar Jew such a hack ?
>>
>>64034332
>>64034381

Alright, I get you. But would a blaster cause the dull pain like you describe, especially so soon after being shot?

I'd always imagined they'd be more like burns
>>
>>64034539
Nobody cares about your made up splinter story. You can't compare a splinter to an open wound.
>>
>>64034581
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyukuEz5ED4
>>
>>64034581
Why is your dad such a cuck ?
>>
>>64034507
Without being wounded that movement would have looked forced and ridiculous. I agree that is an additional reason why he did, but it is more certainly a combination of pain management, dark side channeling, and adrenaline boosting. Simple.
>>
>>64032709
You're all fucking faggots. Han being surprised at how Chewie's weapon was so powerful was a joke by Abrams poking fun at the fact that chewie never shoots his bow in the prequel or the OT. dumb cunt
/thread
>>
>>64034593
not a splinter, my thumb got smacked by a hunk of wood turning at about 1000 rpm.
and why would a blaster make an open wound?
>>
>>64033798
>>64034307
He was absolutely wrecking her before she remembered "to use the force" which made her ten times more powerful for no reason, and also made Kylo's skill disappear.
>>
>>64034232
I thought that he was hitting the wound to make it hurt more, thus forcing himself into a more alert state. It showed that he was bleeding down his leg, so he was probably in danger of passing out by the end of it.
>>
We see Chewie basically shrug off a shot from a blaster in A New Hope. Maybe Bowcasters are more powerful so they can b used against other Wookies.
>>
>>64034602
Holyshit, the only reason he was doing it was because he was wounded. If he wasn't wounded he would have wiped the floor with them. He was only hammering the area he was shot, thus inflicting more pain to keep himself alert and awake.
>>
>>64034589
Bowcaster is a solid slug surrounded by blaster "plasma" so its like a bullet with the added effect of a burn. He had been walking for quite some time, a lot of people don't report feeling pain from a gunshot till much later. Its possible he was really starting to feel the pain up to when he meets Finn and Rey.
>>
>>64034628
Did you not see the blood in the snow? How did the blood get there without it being an open wound? At some point it has to be open for that to happen.
>>
>>64034626
>>64034595
>>
>>64034491
>>64034581

Since EU isn't canon anymore, this is mostly irrelevant. However, Chewie has a different bow in ROTS than the OT, so he's had at least two confirmed in the canon. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bowcaster

ROTS the bolts are green. They're red in Empire and Jedi. And they're yellow in the Galactic Battleground game.
>>
>>64034662
Additionally, he was also wearing armor, which likely fractured and left him with some mean puncture wounds.
>>
>>64034626
>>64034595

Oh look, it's chewie shooting his bowcaster. Pretty sure there's also quite a lot of that going on on the wookie homeworld in the prequels.
>>
File: walle-hoverchair05.jpg (597 KB, 1680x709) Image search: [Google]
walle-hoverchair05.jpg
597 KB, 1680x709
>>64034539
>do they sit on their computer all day so they don't ever get any injuries or cramps?
most likely. children and adult children are inactive as fuck.
>>
>>64034539

he was turbo-obviously making himself angrier
>>
>>64033490
But chewie was always a whiner, that was part of his charm. He was always a comical character.

And did you honestly expect a Star Wars movie to feature a monster beating people to death with their own arms? It isn't fucking predator you retard.
>>
>>64034647
>solid slug surrounded by blaster "plasma"

I had the wrong idea about it and went off based on that
>>
>>64034596
thanks for my (you), not sure what get you so mad though
>>
>>64034602
>it is more certainly a combination of pain management, dark side channeling, and adrenaline boosting. Simple.
underrated post
not sure why it has to be one or the other
>>
One of the worst parts of the movie and some pretty lazy, shitty writing. They decide they need to injure Ren to make it a little more believable that the Mary Sue could beat him at the end, so they make Han spend the movie coming out with this drivel just to force home the point. He conveniently notices how powerful his best friend of 40 year's weapon is, and it seemed so unbelievable and out of place I even heard someone behind say "if Chewie's weapon is so powerful why the fuck has he only just noticed?"
>>
What a load of bullshit. If anything a blaster wound should have made him stronger if he's using the dark side.
>>
>>64034981
Well its apparent a lot of people missed the point of Kylo being injured by a powerful weapon. Have you read this thread at all?
>>
>>64035021
>Dooku should have become stronger once his hands were sliced off
>So strong in fact his head popped off
>>
>>64035021
>a blaster wound should have made him stronger
thats not how the dark side works.
>>
>>64035021
It's true, Anakin should have destroyed Obiwan after he cut his legs off because he would have been much more powerful.
>>
>>64035041
>A lot of the people in this post-film 4chan thread are retards, the movie needed to be dumber than it already was to get things through their skulls
>>
>>64035082
>people on 4chan
>retards
are you sure?
>>
I always thought bowcasters required strength far greater than any human has to operate.
>>
>>64035082
You would have been okay Kylo not being wounded and still losing? Because a lot of people are still complaining that Vader lost to Luke for no apparent reason other than muhfeelings.
>>
>>64035066
>>64035067
>>64035072
>having limbs/heads chopped off is the same as being in pain from a blaster wound

Is this the level of /tv/ debate?
>>
>>64035138
>a lot of people are still complaining that Vader lost to Luke
no one is still complaining about that except for the most severe autists.
>>
>>64035141
Well no other Sith has been shot in the films. How else do you expect us to answer you turboautist? Anyone else in the films immediately collapses and dies or is heavily wounded from blaster shots.
>>
>>64035135
why? it's not like it has recoil
>>
>>64035072
Not from that extremely low, hot ground.
>>
just got back from seeing this movie

besides the fact that Rey can basically do everything, is good at everything, and is pretty much never in any trouble throughout the whole movie, it's basically just a bunch of "GUYS....... REMEMBER THE OLD STAR WARS MOVIES?" throw-backs that feel super cheap, forced, and contrived.

Pretty cringe-worthy shit. Perfect for this generation obsessed with DUDE NOSTALGIA LOL and easy, basic references.

Shit movie, 5/10. Won't watch again.
>>
File: 1424108176029s.jpg (2 KB, 125x116) Image search: [Google]
1424108176029s.jpg
2 KB, 125x116
>>64035156
>most severe autists
I thought I was on /tv/?
>>
>>64035138
howabout there's fucking strategy and random luck involved in sword fighting, you fuck? it's not all just dragon ball z powerlevel bullshit
>>
>>64035141
getting hurt doesn't make you stronger in the dark side.
>>
>>64035189
It's a bow. You have to pull the drawstring.
>>
>>64035212
So Kylo decapitates Finn and Rey. End of movie. Very compelling.
>>
Is this seriously a fucking thread? Is OP really this much of a mega fucking aspie he actually gets up in arms about this stupid shit?

This is the sort of pathetic manchild Alec Guinness feared
>>
>>64035219
anon, I'm not sure how to respond to this. are you actually a moron, or just pretending?
>>
Everything with the bowcaster was just a hamfisted way to make sure the audience knew how powerful it was, which in turn was required to justify how Kylo Ren didn't kill Finn and Rey in about ten seconds during their final confrontation.

Since they hammered into us the fact that Chewie's bowcaster is a goddamn cannon about three times, we know that when Ren gets clipped by it before his final showdown with Finn/Rey, he's literally fighting with about half his abdomen blown away.
>>
>>64035256
Look at any other usage of the bowcaster besides this movie.
>>
>>64035303
It's stated Chewies is a modified design that doesn't require anything to be drawn back. Its like that in the OT if im not mistaken.
>>
>>64035303
the bowcaster doesn't have a fucking string. It fires a plasma charged projectile using magnetic acceleration.
also
>>64034595
>>
>>64033384
>3P0
He;s already a demon.
>>
>>64033490
He complained the trash compactor was smelly when they were about to get crushed to death senpai.
>>
>>64035333
normal bowcasters have a SA trigger, requiring the gun be cocked back every time
chewie threw an auto cocking system onto his.
>>
>>64035199
Congratulations, along with a few other elitist neckbeard autistic manchildren, you're the only one who thought they did all of those things badly. How does it feel to be so different from the rest of well-functioning members of society that you can't even enjoy a movie on the same level as them?
>>
File: It could be both.png (13 KB, 381x380) Image search: [Google]
It could be both.png
13 KB, 381x380
So am I the only one who figured that maybe Chewie got a new bowcaster that's stronger than his old ones?
>>
>>64035444
no, some other anon mentioned it, because he does upgrade his bowcaster. people just said he was stupid and wrong and TFA was shit.
>>
File: chewie.jpg (65 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
chewie.jpg
65 KB, 600x900
https://youtu.be/nlVQcBxiNRY
>>
>>64032709
TFA apologists are the same as Man of Steel apologists. They both point to muh circumstances to explain the shitty, unsatisfying endings as though that makes it okay. They can't remove themselves enough to realize Kylo got shot or Supes had 'no choice' because the creators wanted Superman to make an edgy choice or wanted Rey to be so strong badass girl.

It would make perfect sense if Han got in a few shots on Vader's controls while he was fighting Obi-Wan, allowing Luke to saber his ass in ANH. It would still be a shit, unsatisfying ending.
>>
File: 1278933578725.jpg (100 KB, 400x311) Image search: [Google]
1278933578725.jpg
100 KB, 400x311
>>
>>64035275
This tbqh, as hamfisted as it was there is in fact an explanation for Kylo Ren's incompetence.
>>
>>64035868
see
>>64035724
>>
File: 1449820988383.png (155 KB, 328x328) Image search: [Google]
1449820988383.png
155 KB, 328x328
>>64035883
>muh circumstances
Are you that autistic to where you think specific circumstances don't affect outcomes in fiction, let alone in real life? I genuinely pity you if that's the case.
>>
>>64035957
circumstances don't have any outcome on events, dumbass. nothing in the world is affected by anything else.
>>
>>64035883
posts with >muh in it
nope not gonna do it
>>
It was s literally just a commercial for star wars tie in bowcaster toys, stop trying to justify it
>>
File: 1448499872366.png (484 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
1448499872366.png
484 KB, 582x600
>>64035983
I honest to god hope you're trolling tbqh family
>>
File: 1447986419517.gif (2 MB, 300x164) Image search: [Google]
1447986419517.gif
2 MB, 300x164
>>64035983
Almost got me.
>>
>>64035983
so why do you have a problem with rey being a force baby and being perfect at everything? there doesn't need to be an explanation if circumstances are pointless
>>
>>64035957
If you seriously think JJ decided that Rey would win because Kylo Ren got shot, rather than that Kylo Ren would get shot because Rey should win, then you are completely retarded.

Do you really think the Star Trek writers didn't intend to kill Kirk off, but they just felt a bridge falling on him was really important?

As long as an outcome is fictionally possible, that means its good writing and you cant complain about it?
>>
>>64035618
Chewie looks like Ron Jeremy tbqfh
>>
>>64036042
>If you seriously think JJ decided that Rey would win because Kylo Ren got shot, rather than that Kylo Ren would get shot because Rey should win, then you are completely retarded.
who fucking cares?
>he wrote the story so the protagonist would win?? What a fucking hack!
>>
>>64036042
>he can't recognize fiction as fiction
>he can't recognize he's literally autism: the post
This is why I don't tell people I'm a Star Wars fan
>>
>>64036035
I don't have a problem with anything. if I did, that would mean something else in the world affected me. I'm not affected by anything at all.
>>
>>64036145
Well since you never leave your mom's basement that's probably true.
>>
>>64036093
>He wrote the story so the protagonist would summarily beat the antagonist in the first act of a trilogy, thus removing any dramatic tension and making the antagonist look, what a fucking hack!

>>64036118
Useless post, you have a very poor grasp on story quality. Logical events are (usually) a necessary but not singular criteria for good fiction.
>>
>>64036196
>It's not like heroes can be triumphant in the first act
>Then suffer some sort of set back or loss in the second!

You must be missing a part of your brain.
>>
>>64036196
sorry, did Rylo die? are the no bad guys left in the star wars universe? Are you ignoring Snoke's existence?
she beat a wounded and exhausted rylo ken. That means literally fucking nothing.
>>
>>64032709

I assumed it was a new bowcaster,

It looks a lot bigger than the one from the original trilogy.
>>
lol you fags will argue about anything
>>
>>64036236
remember when germany was dominating a bunch of countries during ww2 and won the war?
>>
>>64036236
If you think that sounds good, good for you, but a lot of people don't. Personally, Kylo being bested by Mrs. Raw Talent and having to train hard to beat her in the sequels makes me want to root for him and just puts a spotlight on how glaringly bad Rey's character is.

Just don't give me that bullshit about how its all fine and dandy because its not a plothole, internal consistency is the bare minimum requirement of fiction.
>>
>>64032821
Chewie has always used a bowcaster. Based on the prequels it seems like it's a Wookie weapon.
>>
>>64036322
>it's my opinion, so it's also a lot of people's opinions as well
outside of /tv/'s contrarian faggotry, I haven't really heard anyone bitch and moan about the movie.
>>
>>64036196
Were you bitching about 9 year old Anakin beating seasoned podracers and blowing up Trade Federation space stations when episode 1 came out? :^)
>>
File: 1393161703468.png (356 KB, 572x380) Image search: [Google]
1393161703468.png
356 KB, 572x380
>>64036196
>beat the antagonist
>>
>>64036319
>WW2 has a better plot than Star Wars

>>64036322
That is the plot of a New Hope and Empire. Are you missing something? Its been shown Kylo is a very reluctant villain and Rey's backstory is the shallowest out of all the new characters. You are complaining to complain. I could say the sky is blue and you would yell it smells like vomit, thats how fucked your thought process is.
>>
>>64036367
Are you seriously stating how similar it is to Episode 1...

in its defense?

I think I may have seen every possible hoop TFA-apologists can jump through now.
>>
>>64032709

I thought it was supposed to hint at Han having early stage dementia
>>
File: 1449699541996.jpg (43 KB, 599x591) Image search: [Google]
1449699541996.jpg
43 KB, 599x591
>>64036196
>>64036367
Also I think you're genuinely autistic if you have a problem with fantastical things happening in a fantasy movie.
>>
>>64035138
You're missing the point of my post, i was saying that Han using the bowcaster wasn't needed to show off it's power, even if some people were too autistic to understand the wound even after he did.
>>
>>64036395
my point was, germany was pushing other countries shit in
>they won in the first act
but then they came back and got their asses handed to them
>they were set back and lost in the end, despite having initially won.

Rey winning the first battle in a trilogy against a wounded kylo doesn't mean anything. it's not like she completely bested him from the very moment she saw him, and he was some weak cowering faggot.
>>
>>64036425
No, just shitty unsatisfying things. You could explain away literally everything wrong with the prequels with DUDE FANTASY LMAO, so I guess its fantastic now?
>>
>>64036425
Why is 16 year old Natalie Portman so fucking hot?
>>
>>64035229
>They wrote themselves into a corner and therefore it's ok to just toss logic out of the window
>>
>>64036395
So now you're 100% certain Kylo will be the main character over Rey, and that will make the episode retroactively good? Because that's really just pure speculation
>>
>>64033691
that would have actually been a decent retcon fix for that shit
>>
>>64036490
That is worse speculation that Rey winning was some kind of fluke? Its obvious they went a different route with the villain. Plus a few things that were off about Rey. Like willing to kill Kylo so easily and her Sheev forward thrusts.
>>
>>64036395
>Rey's backstory is the shallowest out of all the new characters
we barely know Rey's backstory.
>>
File: QLErXOK.gif (1 MB, 313x225) Image search: [Google]
QLErXOK.gif
1 MB, 313x225
>>64036464
I'm not arguing about it being a perfect represeantation of cinema, I'm arguing about you being fucking retarded for your reaction to it and your reasons for reacting that way.
>>
>>64036544
what more do you need to know?
she has a shitty scavenger family that dies
>>
>>64036573
I feel like you're not even trying anymore.
>>
>>64036544
Are you agreeing with what I said or did you men Ren? Besides Poe, Rey has almost no backstory other than she is force sensitive and was abandoned on Jakku. Her versions are all speculation.
>>
>>64036466
She never ages anon, she'll always be top tier Herschlag to us. Literally 2cute4me.
>>
>>64036551
You see yourself as the super smart non-autistic guy here yet your response is basically
>YEAH BUT YOU'RE RETARDED AND YOUR OPINIONS ARE RETARDED
with no other substance.
>>
>>64036606
*versions=visions

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
File: 1448039566491.jpg (19 KB, 264x190) Image search: [Google]
1448039566491.jpg
19 KB, 264x190
>>64036614
You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of the genre and you're sperging about it. So yeah, I'm calling you retarded family.
>>
>>64036606
I didn't think my post was particularly hard to understand.
You said she has a shallow backstory. I said we barely know anything about her past. Not knowing someone's backstory doesn't mean they don't have one.
>>
>>64036614
The thing is; you being autistic perfectly explains your criticism of the movie. You are basically screaming that it's a movie and does movie-things.
>>
>>64036706
NO!! YOU DON'T GET IT! THE GOOD GUY BEAT THE BAD GUY IN A CHAIN OF EVENTS!!!
>>
File: pepematrix.gif (607 KB, 800x792) Image search: [Google]
pepematrix.gif
607 KB, 800x792
>>64036648
>>64036706

Yeah guys, shitty unsatisfying events that destroy tension and excitement are just a part of the fantasy movie genre.

No one can fool you faithful Star Wars Geeksâ„¢, the new Star Wars is great just like the Disney hype machine said!
>>
>>64036668
You do understand shallow and not knowing someones background mean the same thing right? I wrote she has a shallow background, with you the readers understanding that her story hasn't been fleshed out to us yet. Which is fucking intentional by the director. Kylo lost to her because he was shot and Rey has an unknown backstory to us that gives her the abilities that she has.

Does bright yellow scrolling text have to pop up on the screen to tell you that?
>>
>>64036778
>WHY CAN KING ARTHUR PULL THE SWORD FROM THE STONE WTF OP AS HELL FAMILY
>WHY DIDN'T THE EAGLES JUST FLY THE RING TO MORDOR FUCK
U rn famalam
>>
>>64033386

so then it was really unnecessary
>>
>>64035431
Holy shit get a load of this faggot.

Welcome to a world where having a different opinion about something triggers these manchildren so hard they can only fling insults in a fit of rage.

Lots of people think this movie is trash, and have reasons for thinking as much. Grow up, retard.
>>
>>64036778
anon, I didn't witness any shitty unsatisfying events that destroyed tension.
Your opinion doesn't speak for anyone but yourself.
we get it, you didn't like the movie. It's okay that you didn't like the movie. I did like the movie, and it's okay that I did like the movie.
>>
>>64036778
>I have a hamburger in front of me
>I've only eaten the top burger bun though
>Wow this burger is really shitty
>>
>>64036778
>destroy tension and excitement
It didn't do that for me or the majority of theatergoers

You might just be stupid
>>
>>64036367

I was

pod racings one thing since he already was one..

but when he oopsed the entire fleet and droid army I was fucking done..
>>
>>64036786
>You do understand shallow and not knowing someones background mean the same thing right?
no they don't. like, at all. shallow means there's very little there.
If you step in shallow water, it means the water isn't deep.
if you see some water and you have no idea how deep it is, you don't say it's shallow.
>>
>>64036821
If its so okay, why do people in this thread have to constantly point out that its not a plot hole rather than actually defending it?
>>
>>64036863
>he can rationalize being a professional racer at age 9 but not dogfighting
Cognitive dissonance at its finest
>>
>>64036778
><adjective> <adjective> <buzzword> <buzzword> <adjective> <buzzword>

Here you have a format for literally every comment you post you fucking autist.
>>
>>64036891
you're going to have to specify the antecedent of it.
What's the plot hole you're bitching and moaning about?
>>
>>64036886
The fucking ocean is shallow until you walk further into the water. Jesus Christ is English not your first language or something?
>>
Why don't they give everyone bowcasters?
Shit creats power rangers tier explosions when you shoot somebody.
>>
>>64036923

i know kids who are fucking amazing at COD but they fucking suck at counterstrike the first time..
>>
>>64036950
You saying her backstory is shallow would be like saying the ocean is shallow.
The ocean isn't shallow, even if the only parts you've experienced were.
>>
Episode 7 was fucking shit, it was so shit I'm not even going to waste my time watching it again on BR or DVD. What a waste of time. And the most ironic thing? after years of Starwars "fans" saying the prequels ruined the OT, this film comes along and literally objectively ruined the OT by making everything that happened in them totally pointless. Every challenge that they faced or flaw that they had to overcome in their character in the OT has been made null and void by episode 7. It shits over the OT whilst trying to take Jibes at the PT and failing spectacularly. It's fucking gutter shite.
>>
>>64032762

>ended up taking the trackable Falcon back to the resistance base

The starkiller was already planning to blow up their base, not sure how they found out though.

>straight to Luke anyway.
I'm guessing they just assumed that the First Order was no longer a threat considering that they just destroyed the starkiller.
>>
>>64036939
I'm specifically stating that its a shitty unsatisfying scene. Virtually every apologist ITT has chosen to defend the internal consistency of the scene rather than the quality of it, as though anyone had ever claimed it were a plothole. Either they're extremely autistic or being purposefully obtuse.
>>
>>64036993

Well, we can pretend a couple of things.

1.) A bowcaster typically requires the strength of a wookie

2.) han solo has spent so much time with chewie that he magically knows how to shoot it

3.)chewie is fucking that magical yoda-looking thing

4.)I don't know what the fuck is going on anymore
>>
>>64037015
I'm saying her backstory is shallow like going from the beach to the ocean is initially shallow. The movies haven't allowed us to go deeper until they release Episode VIII and IX. Does that make sense? I can't believe it had to take this long for you to understand a simple fucking comment.
>>
>>64036993
People haven't realised how powerful they are. Apparently it took Han Solo 40 years to notice despite his best buddy using one every day.
>>
>>64037046
>its
again.
you're going to have to specify the antecedent of it.
>>
>>64036837
>A burger can be great even if the top bun is a maggot infested mess.
>>
>>64037068
what you said was wrong. I can't believe it's had to take this long for you to just admit your initial wording was incorrect.
>her backstory so far is kind of shallow
would have made sense.
but saying her backstory is shallow implies the entirety of her backstory is shallow.
>>
File: 1449871756177.jpg (60 KB, 537x344) Image search: [Google]
1449871756177.jpg
60 KB, 537x344
>>64037007
>vidya is comparable to skills in a fantasy world
Back2/v/ you go
>>
>>64033510
I thought it was since he got shot and its painful as shit so he needed to do something to keep his mind off it.
I just realized Chewie shot his own Nephew
>>
>>64037046
Okay. I didn't think it was a shitty unsatisfying scene. I thought it was believable, fun and it really added to the story for me. It didn't break my immersion at all.

Everyone has a different feeling about these kind of things, hard to argue about it. Except that, of course, everyone who is well-adjusted in real life fucking loved it and that pathetic sacks of shit like you disliked it.
>>
>>64037072
Rey curb-stomping Kylo, although I have no idea why you don't just read the thread.
>>
>>64037071
>literally blows up a speeder in one shot
yeah, I don't know how the fuck they didn't notice these things were op as fuck.
>>
>>64032709

why did the first order need to shoot the planets when draining the sun would extinguish all life on them anyway?
>>
>>64037055
>he magically knows how to fire a hypothetically heavier caliber gun
Did that make sense to you in your head?
>>
>>64037125
superhansnazisquote.jpeg
>>
>>64037133
why was it unsatisfying?
what about it did you dislike?
>>
>>64037116
I thought he was getting off on the pain and using it to strengthen his connection to the Force. That's why I thought he should have won and made him getting wreckd even more stupid.
>>
>>64037114

I'm saying they at least set up the whole pod racing thing, anakin only went full blown mary sue when he got in that fighter
>>
>>64032982

it was shown to have grazed his side. very painful but not incapaciting except for blood loss
>>
>>64037146
This is honestly the best post in the thread
>>
>>64037172

for you
>>
>>64037160

>>64036196
>>64036322
Really, just reading a thread does wonders.
>>
>>64037161
>he punches his side
>he wrecks Finn
>he stops punching his side
>he gets wrecked
clearly he should have kept punching himself.
>>
>TR-8R gets BTFO by the bowcaster
>Han shoots the bowcaster and looks at it in amazement
>The gang exits an elevator and Chewie shoots a storm trooper who flies back about 10 metres and shatters his armor

Was this the most ham-fisted way of showing how powerful the weapon is so that when Kylo gets shot by it we understand how strong he is to survive and how he was fighting Rey and Finn in a very injured state.
>>
>>64037111
So now its my grammar and sentence structure that is wrong. Keep back peddling, although im not sure where you can back peddle too. You agreed with what I said. We both fucking AGREE she has a shallow backstory, because that's all the director gave us for this film. Did you come into this thread to question my ability to formulate a thought rather than the thought itself? Is this a new level of trolling?
>>
>>64033197

you think so? they very clearly show chewie blowing people away with the thing. at most why not simply have han solo remark on its power?
>>
>>64037191
So simply because the hero of the story one, you're dissatisfied?
What would you have changed in that scene to have made it better?
>>
>>64037205
>keep back peddling
*pedaling
>>
>>64037203
Its such a retarded work around to allow Rey to continue her perfect streak while not completely ruining Kylo Ren.
>>
>>64037146
>>64037187
Just so you can shoot it from the other side of the fucking galaxy holy shit do you guys even into critical thinking? Moving your fucking death star 2.0 that close to another fleet and taking like 30 minutes to drain the sun is a fucking retarded idea.
>>
>>64037205
>We both fucking AGREE she has a shallow backstory
she doesn't have a shallow backstory though, atleast not as far as we're aware.
The small part of her backstory that we know right now is shallow.
again, the ocean isn't shallow, even if the shore is.
>>
>>64037203
>ham-fisted
>Jew Jew Abraham
I don't believe you
>>
>>64037216
If Rey had lost, setting her up as the underdog and providing anticipation of how she will overcome this defeat in the sequels. Instead I'm left to wonder how she will beat a man she has already ass-kicked again, and the answer I've come up with is, easily.
>>
>>64033510

i interpeted it simply as him psyching himself up, telling himself the pain wasnt going to stop him
by adding more pain and bearing it he was trying to feel strong and build up his confidence.
>>
>>64037228
>moving a weapon to destroy an entire star system's worth of raw materials and weapons is retarded
Please stop posting
>>
>>64037246

You faggots keep forgetting that Kylo Ren was just the tip of the iceberg. Theres the rest of the Knights of Ren led by Darth Sicario.
>>
>>64037246
KYLO WAS FUCKING WOUNDED YOU IDIOT
>>
>>64037246
Why do you think it would be easy for her to beat him again? Are you certain that he will be her opponent in future episodes?
As other have said, he was badly injured, and in a bad state mentally.
>>
>>64037286
>>64037292
Circumstances have allowed Rey to flawlessly come out on top in all situations, I have no reason to think that's going to change much, its virtually part of her character.
>>
>>64033510
I dunno but it was cool
>>
>>64037330
Sounds like a good setup for her to go from protagonist to antagonist.
>>
>>64037330
So your problem isn't with that scene specifically, but how the good guys kept winning at every turn?
>>
>>64037347
Wonderful insight, JJ.
>>
>>64037246

>just killed his father
>wounded from the bowcaster and bleeding out

you dense fuck

>>64037330
>I have no reason to think that's going to change much

Except there's two more movies still to to be released, how's about you wait and see before you get pissy
>>
>>64037228

but they didnt shoot across the galaxy. the blasts only take like 30 seconds to reach their target and they werent moving at warp speed, they were visible the entire time.
>>
>>64032821
I rewatched the original trilogy yesterday, they called it a crossbow twice but never a bowcaster.
>>
File: 1449641259254.gif (3 MB, 265x500) Image search: [Google]
1449641259254.gif
3 MB, 265x500
>>64037330
You have no reason to think it'll continue, either. Unless you think your autistic, biased headcanon is reality of course. :^)
>>
>>64037391
They tell us in the movie that the Starkiller Base death ray uses hyperspace to travel to its target. The visible part is purely for us to understand what the fuck was going on.
>>
>>64037206

who fucking knows.
>>
>>64037366
No, how Rey specifically came across no opposition by which she was particularly hindered. The plot being written specifically to accommodate her defeat of Kylo Ren is the biggest example of this.

The heroes are also not meant to win at every turn in a planned trilogy, if that's what you are implying.
>>
>>64033510
Tough cunts do it all the time, haven't you ever bagged your leg or arm against something, hitting it again yourself a few times actually helps take some of the pain away
>>
>>64037246

the only decent arc available to rey is that she goes to the dark side and the good guys must overcome her awesome mary sue powers
>>
File: 1450227666981.jpg (12 KB, 331x334) Image search: [Google]
1450227666981.jpg
12 KB, 331x334
>>64037423
>all trilogies in every genre and property are the same because of arbitrary rules in my brain
>>
>>64037400
>>64037373
I have more reason to believe her character will remain similar than I have to believe that it will change drastically. That's just common sense, anything else is jumping through hoops
>>
>>64037423
>Does nothing all movie without the help of someone else
>Goes 1v1 against Kylo and gets captured
>Nearly mind raped
>Last segment of the movie she defeats a wounded and mentally compromised Kylo

Bravo.
>>
>>64037368
Worked for Evangelion, and /tv/ loves that shit
>>
>>64037423
Do you remember when she got captured? or when Han died? Or when her home got wrecked? Or when her parents abandoned her on a planet where she would basically work as a slave?
I feel like you're only focusing on the parts where she did well because they better suite your argument and make her seem more perfect.
>>
>>64037355
>>64037456

these desu senpai
>>
>Why was Kylo hitting himself?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4PTf7LgsIE
>>
>>64037460
>one part out of three where she beats a mentally and physically hindered enemy
>precedent for the other two movies
Please try thinking before you post
>>
File: big interview.png (97 KB, 292x209) Image search: [Google]
big interview.png
97 KB, 292x209
>>64037459
>Boring stories where the heroes are literally never hindered are okay because they are physically possible to create.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.