[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>a woman who grew up eating literal scraps and minuscule food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: rey_bddd0f27.jpg (117 KB, 768x431) Image search: [Google]
rey_bddd0f27.jpg
117 KB, 768x431
>a woman who grew up eating literal scraps and minuscule food rations, scrounging around in the desert for parts to buy said rations and living meal by meal can somehow overpower a sith-lord who has been training since the day he was born and lived a proper life

BRAVO JJ
>>
>>64032622
>someone who was trained when they were a child, then grew up in poverty and literally had to fight for her life every day was good at fighting
wow, you don't fucking say
>>
>>64032695
> Phil the Schill defends his boss' movie
>>
>>64032695
>somehow retained the same muscle mass and weight for 20 fucking years

Fuck off
>>
>>64032737
what muscle mass and weight? she's a twig
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 512x704) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 512x704
A SITH LORD?
>>
She has very tough, sharp, facial features, but yet still looks feminine.

Nice.
>>
But the Midichlorians make her stronger
>>
I feel like Luke had trained the fuck outta her but whiped her memory or some shit when Kylo betrayed him, then it came back to her once she touched the saber/ Kylo used the force on her
>>
Kylo Ren was injured both physically and mentally at the time
>>
womyn stronk
>>
I bet if rey was a male the force awakens would be getting a ton of criticism for having such an unrealistic bullshit main character, but just because she's a female it's okay she's so poorly written
>>
Do you think this damages Mary Sue or Kylo more as a character? I could see it either way
>>
She was using the Force. I think she was actually using the Dark Side, in fact.
>>
>>64033367
It's both. Mary Sue is shown to be a... Mary Sue. Kylo Ren goes from being a powerful but very flawed character to whiny and incompetent.
>>
>>64032622
>character who is amazing at everything she tries, including engineering and piloting somehow doesn't manage to score a better occupation on a salvage camp/likely smuggler's haven than scavenging for parts
>>
>>64033411
that's because she's a woman. she was being oppressed by the patriarchy on jakku.
>>
>>64033507
>On a planet in the ass end of nowhere
>Would be difficult to find two people of the same gender and species
>All manner of creatures doing their thing
>Human woman still finds a way to be oppressed
The funny thing is, that if somehow human women get singled out for oppression in the entirety of the Star Wars Galaxy, doesn't that imply that there is something fundamentally broken about them in the setting?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.