[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Firefly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: Firefly.jpg (205 KB, 830x1170) Image search: [Google]
Firefly.jpg
205 KB, 830x1170
So now that Star Wars and Guardians of the Galaxy have made space opera popular again, is there any chance Firefly will come back?
>>
No.
>>
Hello reddit
>>
>>64029794
Fuck off.
>>
I could go for a mini series or sequel or something. Just watched it for the first time, a lot of...fun.
>>
>>64029723

Only if someone's there to hold Whedon's hand so he doesn't make it about white guilt.
>>
>>64029861
I'd take anything at this point. Firefly's cancellation was one of the biggest crimes ever committed by the TV entertainment industry.
>>
Everyone's too goddamn old now.

Firefly was what... twelve, thirteen years ago?

I'm probably wrong, that's just off the top of my head, but the point is it just wouldn't be the same. Enjoy the one season we got, pretend to enjoy the movie we got, and be done with it.
>>
>>64029916
Would Joss Whedon even want to return as director? If anything he'd probably be involved as a producer, but I'm not sure if he'd be in the director's seat again. I'd love it if he did.
>>
>>64029946
Firefly came out in 2002. A lot of the cast still look pretty damn good for their age. I actually really enjoyed Serenity, but it left me longing for more. I just sigh to myself every time I think of Firefly because it was such a good show and its a shame it got cancelled so early in its production.
>>
>>64030103
Serenity wasn't bad, as a whole, but I have weird turbonerd nitpicky things with it. They retconned a lot of the relationship development between Mal and River and Simon, to create more tension for the movie, which is understandable inasmuch as they were trying to create a viable standalone product, but contradicted what we had already seen in the show.
>>
>>64030252
>They retconned a lot of the relationship development between Mal and River and Simon
How so? It's been a while since I've seen the show and the movie, so I'm curious about why you think so.
>>
>>64029946

Hey I liked the movie
>>
Isn't it more of a space western?
>>
There's no way Joss and Adam Baldwin will work together again after the gamergate shit.
>>
Theyre all old and fat now, reddit. Give it up. Time has killed your hopes and dreams.
>>
>>64030337
Yes, but space western is an offshoot of space opera.
>>
>>64029936
Firefly sucked. The storyline and worldbuilding were a shitshow and there's really nothing that good about it.
>>
>>64029794
>>64030375
>LOL REDDIT XD
Kill yourself.
>>
>>64030290
Again, been a while since I've watched either, but I distinctly recall a lot of conflict early on in Serentity stems from the premise that Mal is willing to give up River and Simon to his own benefit, which is ground we've already been through in the show, where Mal showed his true colors.
>>
File: low quality bait.jpg (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
low quality bait.jpg
5 KB, 200x200
>>64030399
>>
Just watch the Expanse nigga, it's a straight up Firefly ripoff.
>>
>>64030448
Well, I don't think it was that so much as how Simon was being overprotective of River, leading the two to have a fight in the beginning of the movie, which made them quit the crew until River acted up, which brought them back together. Fuck, I really need to watch the show and the movie again.
>>
>>64029946
I'd rather think we should be happy that Firefly didn't run long enough to get bad.

Because this is what always happens - the writers get replaced and nobody had any fucking idea how to plan character progressions. Everyone just ends up being a caricature of themselves when the well of making-shit-up-as-you-go runs dry.

I sat back one day and contemplated how a cowboy space opera could possibly end, and the answer was it doesn't end well. In fact, some characters just die because why the fuck not, you need some cheap pulls on heartstrings, which was exactly what happened in the movie.

I don't understand why Joss Wheton has never been allowed to finish any project on his own terms, because he seems like the one guy in the history of entertainment who wouldn't fuck it up.
>>
File: heh.gif (716 KB, 198x189) Image search: [Google]
heh.gif
716 KB, 198x189
>>64030492
>watching anything on SyFy
>>
Is it just me or does firefly have the cringiest fanbase of all time
>>
>>64030602

I don't understand hating on any fanbase, where/how does it even bother you? Do you go looking for Sherlock or Firefly fans on Tumblr or something.
>>
File: autism.jpg (69 KB, 470x747) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
69 KB, 470x747
>>64030602
>actively looking for excuses to shit on a fanbase and go "LOL CRINGE"
>>
>>64030565
They'll never make anything with a decent budget if everyone has that attitude.
>>
>>64030602
They don't seem as aggressively retarded as many other fanbases. I haven't really gone looking though desu senpai
>>
File: serenity-wallpaper.jpg (208 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
serenity-wallpaper.jpg
208 KB, 1920x1200
>>64030540
Yeah, I guess you're right. Even though it leaves us longing for more, at least Serenity ended with a logical point of closure. Plus the final scene between Mal and River was a nice way to wrap things up with a nice ribbon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHeS8SsYNbM
>>
>>64030682
Not him, but the thing about fans of anything is that often they're ignorant motherfuckers. Ignorant in the sense that they can't see how others would disagree with their positive viewpoint of something.

Personally, I enjoy putting a lot of effort into hating something and knowing as much about something as a fan. Most fans ultimately present themselves as retards when they can no longer defend their love of something. But some of the best conversations I've had are with my friends where we just rip into each other over something. Sometimes I'll say something is stupid and they'll acknowledge that it is stupid but it is a minor gripe that hardly scratches the quality of the product - a retarded fan just would cry about it and say, "why do you care so much about hating something" to which I'll respond, "why do you care so little about loving something."
>>
>>64030731
> like lady macbeth and that damn spot
>>
>>64030926
I agree in the sense that it's unhealthy and dumb for fans of any work of fiction to be fanboys of it and disregard any legit criticism. At the same time though, there's a fine line between legit criticism and nitpicking and/or shitposting.
>>
I've seen Firefly all the way through probably around 10 times in my life. Never delved into the fanbase side of things. It's a really good show...timeless. You could probably watch it in 100 years and it still feel pretty recent. The same with 2001.
>>
>>64030748
Maybe if SyFy hadn't produced 99.997% garbage then people wouldn't have that attitude.
>>
>>64029723
This is the only good thing Joss Whedon has ever done.

Even if he brought it back he would cuck it up somehow
>>
I'm sure at some point in the future Theyll make a sequel but it won't center around Mal and the original crew. It'll probably have a new cast and the others drop in for cameos or small roles from time to time.

It also probably won't have the Serenity, and would focus on a different crew of a different ship.
>>
>>64031141
Fair enough.
>>
>>64031047
I don't mean to imply that I nitpick all the time. I try to put more effort into mapping the character's development and pointing out when they do shit that is completely ridiculous.

I think there is good conversation both in loving something and attacking something other people love. If the people you're talking to are mature about it, everyone comes out with a deeper understanding of their perspective and the other person's perspective.

I'm just sometimes disappointed when people don't actually mean that they "love" something. Because I could love it too and am excited to talk about it but they really put no effort into it. And I'm not saying that it is necessary to perform deep-research into everything you enjoy or dislike, but I'm just somewhat tired of having conversations hit dead ends.
>>
>>64030748
they already are. it's called the expanse.
>>
>>64031279
Understandable. Nothing is perfect and you're bound to find some flaws in a show and its interesting to think of ways in which something could've been done better.
>>
File: ctf.png (276 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ctf.png
276 KB, 1280x720
>>64031176
Maybe it'd be a mix of the original crew with new crewmembers. Wash and Book are dead, and I could see some of the crewmembers retiring like Kaylee and Simon, so Mal could end up recruiting new members. Perhaps they could introduce a new lead protagonist with Mal as the deuteragonist and a mentor figure to the new protagonist.
>>
>>64031652
Eh, it seems to me like Serenity wrapped everything up fairly well.

Mal has undergone his entire arc and has gone back to believing that there's a point to his life rather than just being a rogue and even got to get back at the Alliance with exposing Miranda.

River is obviously going to keep being a retard and the others all mostly have finished arcs.

Only character I can see getting another full arc out of showing up would be Zoe since we never saw her after she's finished mourning for Wash.

I'd actually be more interested in the Operator coming back, since his story has only just begun really, and Mal forced him into the same place the Alliance put Mal. He crushed his faith, and cursed him to wander without a real purpose just like Mal was.

It'd be pretty interesting to see him after a few years and learn what type of person he's become.
>>
>>64032047
>Mal forced him into the same place the Alliance put Mal. He crushed his faith, and cursed him to wander without a real purpose just like Mal was.

Fuck me, I never thought about his character like that. Op really was interesting so I'd love to see more of him.

Yeah, you're probably right. Serenity wrapped things up nicely for the characters overall.

River is still traumatized but even she learned to open up more to other people in the end and got even closer to Mal.

Plus it's implied that Mal and Inara get together, but they won't show it as its their business and not for the audience to see.
>>
File: kendrickjagsguy.jpg (62 KB, 689x568) Image search: [Google]
kendrickjagsguy.jpg
62 KB, 689x568
>tfw Firefly: The Next Generation runs for seven successful seasons
>>
>>64029723

Nathan Fillion is the lead in Castle.

Morena Baccarin is a major character in Gotham.

Adam Baldwin is insane, but also a major character in The Last Ship (not sure If that one's going to be renewed).

Alan Tudyk, a large part of the charm of the series and movie, had his character killed off so he could work on other things.

Half the crew are busy with other things now. Plus it would take Fox admitting they made a mistake in the first place, so good luck with that.

You might be able to get the cast back for a mini-series or something. It probably wouldn't be any good though.
>>
>>64032969
Fox doesn't own Firefly anymore though. Universal bought the rights to the show when they made Serenity. Hypothetically Universal and Whedon could resurrect the show on Netflix. Plus the entire cast of Firefly would happily return given the opportunity. Nathan Fillion himself stated that if he had all the money in the world that the first thing he'd do with it is resurrect Firefly.
>>
>>64030372
Wait, what? Explain.
>>
>>64033252
Joss is a SJW cuck, and Adam literally gave gamergate its name.
>>
>>64033512
[citation needed]
>>
File: 1450239591948.png (123 KB, 699x674) Image search: [Google]
1450239591948.png
123 KB, 699x674
>>64032834
That picture gave me an erection
>>
>>64033867
Fuck you faggot
>>
>>64033227
This desu, a lot of the people who worked in the show said it was the best thing they ever worked on, I don't think it would be too hard to get the cast and crew back together. Even Whedon seems to like it more than anything Buffy related.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.