[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kylo Ren is an amazing character to me. Incredibly intriguing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
Kylo Ren is an amazing character to me. Incredibly intriguing and complex. JJ and Kasdan really nailed him.
>>
to me he is more real than Vader
but is disney so they are probably going to turn him into the good guy by the end of the trilogy
>>
>>64029692

He's great, but a bunch of people are still assblasted about now having Vader 2.0
>>
>>64029692
How does he see out of that?
>>
>>64029692
he's my favorite thing about the new movie and is up there with my favorite star wars characters
>>
>>64029873
Same better than vader imo senpai.
>>
File: 1420506501698.png (475 KB, 810x780) Image search: [Google]
1420506501698.png
475 KB, 810x780
I really liked him until he took off his mask
>>
File: 1450051545913.jpg (644 KB, 1170x1603) Image search: [Google]
1450051545913.jpg
644 KB, 1170x1603
>>64029873
agreed
>>
>>64029985
I do feel like that's something that coulda been saved for another day, but the last act probably doesn't have as much impact if he's still wearing the helmet. I dunno.
>>
File: CIA Solo.png (577 KB, 1273x531) Image search: [Google]
CIA Solo.png
577 KB, 1273x531
>>64029692
>IF I TOOK OFF THAT MASK WOULD YOU D-- oohh nevermind put it back on....
>>
I beg to differ. Worst villain I ever saw. Now. I am basing this on the movie. So take your lore and shove it.

He literally is a crybaby with daddy issues. That is as far as his depth goes. Everything else he does is unexplained and flat out stupid logically speaking.

Explain how after killing Han he gets hot by Chewy when he can clearly block it? Emotions in his head? Not by what we saw. He hates Han and for all we know he was trolling Han just to get the easy kill. He should have no emotions.

Why does he act like he knows Rey? But when he meets her he doesn't know. Then he wants to recruit her? They rushed him so much that he truly is the defintion of a crap character.

Finally. My favorite. He is weak and just a pawn. He actually just took back talk from the ginger guy, yet he doesn't mind fucking up his people? What?

Tkdr. His character is pathetic and weak. They netter make a GOAT script for him because he is the weakest villain in SW film history.
>>
>>64030668
damn I wish you foreigners would fuck off
>>
I think he's the best Star Wars villain in terms of overall character. He's not as "cool" as Vader... yet. If they apply that crazy cyborg storyboard art to his face and stuff in the next couple of movies that could be amazing. The graphics and tone we have nowadays gives him room to do much more impressive force powers.
>>
>>64029692
It sounded like he was speaking through a shitty microphone. I couldn't take him seriously at all
>>
>>64032909

His voice was great
>>
>>64030668
>rey has no weaknesses! mary sue!
>ren has weaknesses! pussy ass bitch!
>>
>>64030668
I bet you're one of those people who like Darth Maul.
>>
File: CW718-uWkAAv86S.png (42 KB, 531x272) Image search: [Google]
CW718-uWkAAv86S.png
42 KB, 531x272
>>64029692
>>
He was an amazing villain ruined by the inclusion of the worst fucking written character in star wars history (rey), along with a fight with finn that shouldn't have played out the way it did, and for that he will never get the praise he deserves
>>
>>64029692
I don't buy that he's conflicted at all. Show don't tell. He never did altruistic deeds to show this.

Besides, as Vader's own grandkid he's a retard for idolizing him. They really dropped the exposition ball.
>>
>>64029838
If he does that would mean Han died for nothing :(
>>
>>64029838
>real
>More real
>as if real is an adjective
>as if reality has more degrees of reality
>>
When the fuck are you guys going to flood youtube with montages of Kylo Ren Edgyness paired with fine Linkin Park songs such as CRAWLING?
>>
>>64033669
this desu.

Kylos mediocre as a character, and him having such glaring weaknesses to make him more "real" doesn't make up for it.

Just a buncha edgelords.
>>
>>64029838
Vader was grest tho

Intimidating villain who had a believable redemption. The best part was that you really couldnt predict his arc based on the first movie.
>>
>>64030668
>He should have no emotions.
He's not a jedi, faggot
>>
>>64029961
to be quiet honest, he might end up being cooler than vader. vader was cold, slow, predictable, and almost robotic. and powerful as all fuck. You could sort of guess how he'd react to things, like a machine. Ren is also powerful as fuck but he's sloppy. He's unpredictably moody. He has emotions, you can almost see him cry as he does the most unimaginably evil shit ever. He's having to force himself to be evil and he wears a mask to hide his insecurity. I don't know, I'm fucking fascinated by him.
>>
File: amen.jpg (341 KB, 2500x2127) Image search: [Google]
amen.jpg
341 KB, 2500x2127
>>64029692
>Incredibly intriguing and complex.
>>
Really like his voice/accent
>>
I agree, having a villain with flaws and emotions was a breath of fresh air.
>>
>>64029692
I like him. He's like Anakin done right. He's still a bitch, but that's something that's worked into his character rather than being just an occasional monologue. Look at his furious lightsaber strikes in combat and see that his anger and whininess make the character who he is rather than just being a footnote.
>>
>>64029692
Darth Pussy? I didn't see that. Only cool shit he did was freezing a laser blast in mid air which admittedly was fucking badass but he went down from there non-stop until getting slapped like a bitch by a freaking force newbie.

I definetely started feeling something wrong with him the moment he started lashing out as at a console like an angry diva.
>>
>>64034567
for all the retreads of thematic elements in the film, having a character that's tempted by the light instead of the dark is fresh. driver's performance goes a long way to sell it effectively too, given what he had to work with
>i'm being torn apart
>>
>>64029692
I thought something was fucky when he first walked off the ship.
He had dome kind of gangster swagger shit going on.
And when he took his hat off, its just some punk kid!

I cant fear this guy, he looks, walks and sounds like a dweeb.
>>
>>64029838
I don't see that happening. I don't see the other characters going to get along with him especially chewie after he killed Han solo
>>
>>64033803
The fags that say HURR HE IS JUST LE NEW DARTH VADER

No

He is edgy fanboy, working with edgy as fuck ultrafascist remnants of the empire. He has no fucking idea what Darth Vader actually was (I'll finish what you started, but what did he start). And he is not a proper sith, but just the edgy chief of the edgy as fuck Knights of Ren (Which I assume we saw in one frame of the movie).
Very good character.
>>
>>64029692
I like him because he is like me. Inteligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.
>>
>>64029692
The problem is that while he's interesting, his threat to the protagonists is undercut by all his shortcomings, he's even beaten by one of the good guys already.

It's fine to do something different but none of the other villains present a threat to the good guys either. Hux doesn't do much and is just kind of fanatical. Snoke is the background. Phasma is a non-entity. Honestly the mist dangerous bad guy was that stormtrooper with a baton.

That's probably why the starkiller was thete, so the bad guys could do something really bad to establish themselves. But it means they've got threatening weapons and no threatening characters.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.