[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are lightsabers two handed or one handed weapons?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 390x425) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 390x425
Are lightsabers two handed or one handed weapons?
>>
>>64028398
It's like a normal sword, one handed, but more easily controlled with 2 hands.
>>
>>64028398
They're space katanas, so meant to be used with two hands.

only anime prequel Jedi use them with one hand
>>
File: strider_sword.jpg (8 KB, 800x219) Image search: [Google]
strider_sword.jpg
8 KB, 800x219
>>64028398
They're like hand-and-a-half swords: primarily used in two hands but balanced enough for use in one hand. Pic related is a good example.

>>64028456
A lightsaber hilt is much too long for a one-handed sword. One-handed swords (which, as you said, can also be more easily controlled with 2 hands) have tiny hilts.
>>
Based on kendo, so two handed.
>>
>>64028501
>>64028652
What they said. They're based upon the katana (there's a lot of Kurosawa's jidai-geki in Star Wars), so they're two-handed weapons. You'd have to be particularly skilled or particularly foolhardy to wield one-handed.
>>
File: tom cruise smug.jpg (86 KB, 420x468) Image search: [Google]
tom cruise smug.jpg
86 KB, 420x468
My lightsaber is 2 handed
>>
The "blade" is weightless you can use it with one or two hands depending on the situation.
>>
>>64028501
This, although I thought it was pretty cool that Vader was one-handing it to show off to Luke
>>
>>64028501
they don't really look like katanas though
>>
>>64028748
>2 handed
HMMMPH
>>
>>64028996
And Jedi don't really look like Samurai, but they totally are.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60tivujA8_E
>>
>>64028398
Why would u ever use a weightless cut through anything effortlessly blade with two hands when that would make u swing it slower.

This is why star wars is gay and all u man babies putting too much thought into it need to move on to actual sci fi.
>>
>>64031569
The blade still requires physical force to be pushed through an object
>>
>>64029588
How would Star Wars be different if instead of kendo, the jedi fighting style was based off of Turkish Oil Wrestling?

>Jedi/Sith do not carry lightsabers
>They strip down and put on shorts made from Bantha hide before duels
>>
>>64028591
This. They are Bastard Swords.
>>
File: luke training.jpg (75 KB, 1100x550) Image search: [Google]
luke training.jpg
75 KB, 1100x550
>>64028851
>>64031569
There's supposedly a gyroscopic effect that requires a strong grip to keep it stable.

But honestly, even if there wasn't I'd probably not want to wield a blade of light without knowing exactly where I'm aiming it. Slow swing is probably best for not killing yourself, unless you're well-trained.
>>
>>64031569
what would you class as actual sci fi?
>>
>>64031921
>Lightsabers are Bastard Swords
>PT protagonist had no father, so was born out of wedlock. Is a Bastard
>OT protagonist born from a secret, forbidden marriage. Basically a Bastard
>ST is made by a bunch of Bastards.
Pottery.
>>
>>64032073
Why, My peenus weenus of course :)
>>
>>64032073
Different Anon, but seriously?
You know that Science Fiction is a genre, and not a setting right?

Here, have Isaac Asimov and Gene Roddenberry explain.
https://youtu.be/iHg_1Ni6k-c?t=2375
(39:35, if the time link doesn't work right)
>>
>>64032233
Do you have autism
>>
File: I see.gif (215 KB, 500x209) Image search: [Google]
I see.gif
215 KB, 500x209
>>64032267
Good talk.
>>
>>64032377
>le smug meme gif
>>
>>64032080
BRAVA
>>
>>64032377
Hello meme redditor
>old star trek
>not the classic JJ reboot
lmao at your shit taste
>>
>>64029301
they are knights too weeb.
the only thing that makes them like samurai is their dumbass code of ethics.thanks azns.
>>
>>64032521
Proper knights had a code of ethics too.
>>
>>64028398
One handed. They're light, and their cutting/stabbing power is OP, all it takes is a slight movement to do serious damage. They should be used like a rapier or military saber, nice and quick.
>>
>>64032637
they got to fuck bitches and fight in wars though.i think.
>>
File: accusing_finger.png (164 KB, 507x283) Image search: [Google]
accusing_finger.png
164 KB, 507x283
In one of the behind the scenes clips of lucas talking to the actors, he explicitly states to treat it like it's very heavy. he said, "they have a lot of energy, so it should be used like it has a lot of weight". I can't find a video of that on youtube but yeah, he intended for them to be heavy, 2 handed swords
>>
>>64029301
>>64032521
Jedi robes are japanese kimono...
>>
>>64031717
Lewd Wars
>>
>>64032677
Samurai fought in wars and had wives. You're thinking of monks.
>>
>>64032739
Gomenasai, my name is Ken-Sama.

I’m a 27 year old American Otaku (Anime fan for you gaijins). I draw Anime and Manga on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior Japanese games. (Disgaea, Final Fantasy, Persona series)

I train with my Katana every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is folded over a thousand times, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my sword license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak Japanese fluently, both Kanji and the Osaka dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Japanese history and their bushido code, which I follow 100%

When I get my Japanese visa, I am moving to Tokyo to attend a prestigious High School to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become an animator for Studio Ghibli or a game designer!

I own several kimonos, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Japan, so I can fit in easier. I bow to my elders and seniors and speak Japanese as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in Japan!
>>
>>64032764
>ken-Sama

not, lucas-sama.

3/10
>>
File: cover.jpg (375 KB, 1033x865) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
375 KB, 1033x865
>>64028996
They were basically katanas in the original art. And Lucas wanted a samurai hat on Vader after the artist put a breathing apparatus on him.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.