[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
was Obi Wan training the greatest accomplishment of Qui-gon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: shittyfighter.jpg (72 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
shittyfighter.jpg
72 KB, 768x432
was Obi Wan training the greatest accomplishment of Qui-gon?
>>
Kenobi fucked up. Wasn't ready to have an apprentice
>>
>>64026897
I can't believe they didn't have Darth Maul live after episode one.
>>
Obi Wan is my fav character so yes desu
>>
>>64026897
anakin would have been the greatest jedi ever if qui gon trained him
>>
>>64027094
They needed to make either Maul or Dooku the main villain of 1 and 2, there wasn't space for both of them really
>>
>>64027094
they did
>>
>>64026897
Obi Wan was basically the greatest Jedi duelist ever (took out Maul, Sidius, Annakin) so there's that.

Also Qui Gon was a fucking retard so it's hard to say he had anything else of value to contribute.
>>
>>64026897

He learned how to be an immortal force ghost.
>>
>>64027203
I know they revived him for the clone wars but they don't make up for the fact that he got shafted for the prequel trilogy of films and that's just poor.
>>
>>64027167
Agreed. As much as I like Dracula, they really needed to keep Maul as the secondary villain.

Having killed Qui-gon would have just upped his threat factor a hundred fold and made his eventual defeat by Anakin show is strength all the more.
>>
Qui-Gon is one of the few characters who worked for me in the prequels. Why? Because he's one of the only Jedi who doesn't buy into their bullshit 100%. Since everything the Jedi say and do makes no sense, we identify with Qui-Gon's frustrations.

"Hey guys, you know that prophecy we've all been waiting for? The one about the virgance? Well, I've found a kid who's strong in the Force and obviously fulfills all the criteria of being the Chosen One."

"We don't believe you."

"Why?"

"We just don't. Plus it's dangerous."

Qui-Gon was right about pretty much everything. Had his voice been heard on the Council, maybe they could have reigned in Anakin and avoided him falling to the dark side. Who knows?

In any case, Qui-Gon's greatest achievements (in my view) are as follows...

- Seeing that the Jedi Order was rigid, spergy, and autistic long before they fell.

- Teaching himself how to commune with the Force and return as a ghost, then passing it on to Obi-Wan.

- Identifying immediately that "there's something special about this boy" and advocating on his behalf. Even if it led to tragedy, he was undoubtedly the Chosen One in the end, and Qui-Gon saw it when others didn't.

He was a pretty good character. The only maverick Jedi, basically. It's a shame he was wasted in Phantom Menace.
>>
File: 434px-Kreia_KotORCG.jpg (38 KB, 434x534) Image search: [Google]
434px-Kreia_KotORCG.jpg
38 KB, 434x534
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd_8-NCN5CU
>>
>>64027724
Exept Qui-Gon bought into the biggest bullshit about lolCHOSEN ONE!!!!

It was Qui-Gon that joined the Sith.
>>
>>64027808
>bring balance to the force
>there are a billion jedi and 2 sith
Excellent, finally the sith with disappear!
>>
>>64026897
That and the ghost thing.
>>
>>64027713
This. Episode 2 should have been Maul beating Obi-wan easily as well, then Anakin beats Maul in a one-on-one duel. Then have Anakin's head be prideful because he bested someone his master couldn't.

Get put down by Windu or Yoda, then him getting tempted to the darkside more and more. Not some kid killing stuff.
>>
>>64027141
Probably. Nothing wrong with Obi-Wan but Anakin needed a training focusing in force to be in control.
>>
>>64027724
The real question is would the galaxy be better off without Vader joining Sheev?
The answer is no since Sheev won anyway and it didn't really require Vader at all. The Empire would still be formed, there just wouldn't be a Vader to kill the emperor. But, it's not like vader was so special that he killed the Emperor he was just there. Vader didn't know the Emp's only weakness or anything like that. The prophecy is stupid.
>>
>>64027934
>vader kills the emperor eventually
>brings balance to the force by killing everything related to the jedi
>0 is balanced

He truly is the Chosen One.
>>
>>64027724
This a thousand times. Couldnt have said it better myself
>>
>>64027222
also grievous
>>
>>64028005
Retard. Dark side users represent imbalance in the force as their concentration of power is unstable (as are they). Bringing balance to the force (effectively the universe) just means removing dark side users and creating an equilibrium. Anakin accomplishes this
>>
>>64028005
Except he would have to kill Luke then you stupid nigger
>>
>>64029387
Luke was force neutral by the end of VI
>>
>>64029533
> force neutral
Literally throws away his lightsaber and tells the emperor he is a jedi
>>
>>64028005
things still fuck up for years
>>
>>64028005
>>64028005
The dark side represents Satan and any presence of Satan and his demons, if only the one, is an imbalance.

By Your Reasoning you can argue that God should have left Satan to his own devices and forget about him, and although God left Satan alone in order to allow man to see what independence is and as to how it isn't better than Loyally submitting to his Theocratic order, Satan with the time he had, got millions of angels to leave heaven and to have relations with the daughters of men and slid the morality and the very substance of humanity into the abyss of sin and filth.

So you see, using the above as a colloquially, it's not at all hard to see why the clarity of the force would willingly allow but one blemish upon its actuality.

and what a blight Sidious was. In a few short years he had mastered the dark side so that he could see all future events that pertained to himself, and he had force ability great enough that he could stave off sleep. His power rivalled and surpassed Yoda, and he knew well in advance that he'd lose to Windu's superior saber skills but was Okay with that. Of course his magical ability surpassed Windu's force power but he needed to appear weak so that Anakin would join him, as he had foreseen.
>>
>>64027871
>not thinking that bringing balance to the shit prophecy was fucking stupid to begin with

There's a reason why none of that shit existed in the OT
>>
>>64030164
that's nonsense. the balance to the fore makes perfect sense. what makes no sense is Mary Sue Rey. That is garbage, that is nonsense. you should feel bad about your post.
>>
Qui Gon would have joined Dooku
>>
>>64030426
Dooku did nothing wrong. He could have beheaded Obi Wan and Anikan before Yoda came in in Ep. 2 but he chose not to.
>>
>>64030361
I'm trying to but now I'm laughing over yours.
>>
>>64030526
He even shows how sorry he is over taking off Anakin's arm. Count Dobeboy
>>
>can run faster than sound away from robot guards
>leaves his master to get his shit packed in
>his disciple says he's as smart as the retarded, midget, elite swordsman of the jedi, and as strong as the smartest, yet physically unimpressive token black jedi
Is Obi Wan to blame for his failures or was Qui Gon a terrible master?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.