[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Shit the prequels ruined. >Vader used to be a badass
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 768x431) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 768x431
ITT: Shit the prequels ruined.
>Vader used to be a badass hero turned badass villain
>turns out he was a whiny fag who killed younglings and turned evil in about 30 seconds.
Thanks prequels
>>
If he was a celebrated, renowned, and fully-initiated Jedi hero his turn to the Dark Side would make no sense.

The fact that he was ostracized and distrusted by the Jedi even after accomplishing great feats was critical. He was still considered fairly "badass" for his pilot prowess and killing Dooku.
>>
>>64026932
What's more tragic and unexpectedly heart wrenching: having a great, honorable hero turn out to be a despicable criminal or having that weird kid from your class who smelled like cheese and sang Sonic the Hedgehog songs to himself turn out to be a mass murderer?
>>
The Force used to be a thing you could learn but later turned into a thing where you needed to have a high count of something in your bloodstream in order to learn it.
>>
>>64026932
His turn to the dark side was so stupid it hurt.
>I have to save Padme I love her
>I have built a new empire
His motive changed out of nowhere. It would have been a better story if he had always just criticized the weakness of the Jedi teachings and eventually yearned to rule the Galaxy. It certainly would have been more believable.
>>
>>64026862
>Jedi using moisture farmer garb as default instead of personalized wardrobe
>the "good guys" can only choose between blue or green light saber colors (purple if you're black)
>"bad guys" can only have red colored lightsabers
>having them all study/train in the middle of a city planet where they'll never be myth status 30 years from ROTS
>did not have Jedi chapters around the galaxy in different systems instead
>made Jedi (especially on the counsel) literally retardes
>inb4 EU, none of that shit counts and never will
>>
>>64027022
This t b h, "Sith's" storyline was trying to go for the classical Greek tragic hero arc, but didn't make it.
>>
Rewatching the OT and listening to the dialogue of Vader, it makes it seem like Palpatine forced him into the told of Vader, not seduced him like Obi-Wan said.
My little headcanon is that he actually confronted Palpatine but got his shit rocked, cut off a few limbs, add a little torture and force mind control, give him a new suit and a new name, and there you have it. A brand new apprentice due to a twisted, fucked up method of torture.
>>
I've always wondered this: was the irony in the line "only a sith deals in absolutes" intentional or was it just a case of Lucas stupidity?
>>
File: 1358895655430.png (96 KB, 277x269) Image search: [Google]
1358895655430.png
96 KB, 277x269
>>64026862
>Expect to see a long drawn out story about Anakin breaking bad and slowly making rational decisions that ultimately make him evil.
>Instead he just instantly and inexplicably betrays everything his entire life has stood for up until this point, to help some guy he just met, just minutes after nearly being brought to tears at the realization that he was a Sith.
>>
>>64028347
See: >>64027205

The prequels were fucking garbage.
>>
>>64026862
You aren't supposed to remember the prequels. They never happened
>>
>>64027205

Christensen's execution was in many ways poor but it really wasn't that ridiculous. Consider all of the factors:

>He had premonitions about his mom dying
>Had abandoned his mom prior and felt guilt over that
>Gets there after its too late and she's dead

>Has premonitions about Padme dying
>same feelings of intense guilt and responsibility and a near-assurance that this is guaranteed to happen without his interference

It isn't all of the story, but it is the thing that pushes him over the brink. Already, the council distrusts him, disrespects him, and that feeds into his negative attributes like being emotional and rash. Obi Wan truly seems like his only friend in the Council and he's gone to Utapau during the whole final turn towards evil, which had a steady build-up.

The pacing of the movies kind of ruin the clear factors that motivate him towards the Dark Side.
>>
>>64028368

>Some guy he just met
>Lifelong friend and mentor in the Senate
Look at the decisions he made
>Murder off all of the Sand people in blind rage
>kill Dooku out of spite
his frustration had been building
>>
>>64026932
>If he was a celebrated, renowned, and fully-initiated Jedi hero his turn to the Dark Side would make no sense.
No, it'd make more sense for the message you want to tell. An asshole that falls to the dark side isn't tragic. A noble man that is seduced by evil tells the story that even the best of us have to be careful about not fucking up.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.