[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sicario is arguably the best movie of the year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4
File: sicario-movie-poster.jpg (3 MB, 3600x5550) Image search: [Google]
sicario-movie-poster.jpg
3 MB, 3600x5550
Sicario is arguably the best movie of the year
>>
Agreed
>>
yeah if you frequent reddit.com maybe
>>
>>64025415
>>64025415

Benicio del Toro is simply brilliant in it. I think I'd have to say he is my favourite actor.

>>64025428

Let me guess, Star Wars was the best film for you?
>>
Started off strong, nice cinematography and tension in the Mexican prisoner extraction scene.

Then it just sort of meanders and the token nigger becomes part of the team for some reason then Del Toro becomes Sam Fisher.

The end.
>>
it was p gud
of movies i watched in the last couple days
sicario>moby dick>spotlight>steve jerbs wankery
planning to watch leo dicaprio raped by a bear and poor little white boy getting mouth fucked soon too
>>
>>64025541
>it just sort of meanders
these were my thoughts too
the first half>>>the second half
>>
>>64025386
I agree and I didn't even like it as much as I was hoping.
This year was pretty average.
>>
Sicario>Hateful Eight=The Revenant
>>
>>64025561

How was whale dick?
>>
>>64025561
oh shit, forgot tom hanks is a spy but not really
that was better than all of them
what's with all the tumblr bait in the oscar bait movies this year, btw?
>the danish girl
>joy
>room
oh shit, i watched room too... that was somewhere between spotlight and steve jerbs shitting in a bucket
>carol
>>
>>64025386
That whole last 10 minutes was something out of a James Bond movie. It was completely out of place despite how well made it was. It goes from "War is hell and there are no true heroes" to "War. Fuck yeah". It looked nice and had some solid acting, but was pretty unremarkable outside of that.
>>
>>64025386
the end was a bit meh with benicio going rambo.
>>
>>64025386
awesome movie. took 2nd place for me though. the revenant took first place for me...here comes the shitstorm of insults simply because people disagree with me...fuck it, i regret nothing
>>
I thought Benicio was superb, but still there was better overall movies.

Hope he picks up some serious awards for this though. The dude barely says anything, but he still packs a hell of a punch. Physical acting at its finest.
>>
>>64025656
it had chris hemsworrth and cillian murphy being narrated by brendan gleeson... IT WAS GREAT
ron howard aint shit anymore though
>>
>>64025386
It was a great movie.

It also gives me hope that the blade runner sequel won't turn out to be shit.
>>
>>64025708
don't be such a sensitive little girl.. unless that's your fetish in which case post pics
>>
>>64025716
del toro is one of those few rare actors that have a strong presence in a scene even if theres no dialogue involved. dude is pretty intense. really like his guy as an actor
>>
>>64025687
i thought that everybody suddenly despising the nigger and emily blunt came out of nowhere
>>
it kind of falls of quickly after they extarct that guy from mexico, revenant or mad max are my picks for movie of the year
>>
>>64025386

>arguably
>>
>>64025708

Leonardo DiCaprio is a shit actor. He's just garbage. His acting is smug, fake and not realistic. Total fucking faggot. Del Toro, Hoffman, Norton, were/are better actors than that smug douchebag. He belongs more in a fashion catalog than a film.
>>
>>64025819
im with this guy...even though mad max had a real bland story it delivered big time. but revenant is solid all around
>>
>>64025864
ffs, anon, leo reads these posts you know
>>
>>64025386
Arguably? What other movie even comes close?
>>
>>64025386
I agree. Also one of the bleakest feeling, too. I loved it.
>>
>>64025824
>>64025907
the danish girl was way better
come on guys...
it's bait
>>
>>64025386
I haven't seen much this year, so for me yeah
>>
>>64025386

I also liked how bleak this movie was.

Reminded me of No Country.
>>
File: 1450845350855.jpg (23 KB, 605x603) Image search: [Google]
1450845350855.jpg
23 KB, 605x603
>you will never operate with Alejandro
>>
I liked it but was a bit confused about what parts of the operation were and weren't legit. Blunt seemed to react negatively to everything, even things that seemed straight forward like questioning immigrants straight off the buses.

At the end she's asked to sign off on it all being by the book. That makes sense to me if they used shady means to get a desired result, but they seemingly used shady means to execute a drug lord and his family at the dinner table. I mean, he went off and did that on his own and she wasn't supposed to see, but he still had the help of a helicopter (or drone?), so he was still using American resources to do that. She signs off and no one else pays attention to what happened? No one notices that the day they raided the tunnel is the same day the drug lord and family got massacred?
>>
>>64025923

I loved the melancholy feelings at the end
>>
The Ridiculous Six is arguably the best movie of the year.

Any film is arguably the film of the year you fucking troglodyte.
>>
>>64026091

Why so bitter and negative?
>>
>>64026137
Because your thread is pointless and retarded.
>>
>>64026025

Sicario was like a spiritual sequel to No Country.

You know how Tommy Lee Jones decides to throw in the towel at the end because he knows he is way out of his league?

Sicario is the league.
>>
>>64025386
>Sicario is arguably the best movie of the year

if you are a massive pleb
>>
>>64026193

For you.

Go away
>>
>>64026202
damn, good point of view
>>
>>64026202
I will just pretend the two movies take place in the same universe.
>>
>>64025386
Agreed.
>>
>>64026249
No, for anyone with even the smallest grasp on the english language. Also fuck you, I'm gonna stay here and shit up your thread just to piss you off. Slap yourself in the face.

Hey guys what do you think about circumcision, interracial relationships, and whether New York or Chicago style pizza is better?
>>
Finally a Sicario thread. That motorcade (Juarez + border) scene was one of the best scenes in cinema history in my opinion. So well made, the cinematography, the soundtrack, the acting... the suspense was killing me, I was literally on the edge of my seat the whole time.
>>
>>64026084

Everything that happened is classified, redacted and certified legit by the FBI.
>>
I'm curious how the sequel is going to work out. I wonder if Josh Brolin will return or if it will just be Benicio Del Toro.
>>
Sicario is good but Room is better.
>>
>>64025541
As much as I enjoyed this movie I must admit I also felt a "drop" after that scene but it was still the best movie of 2015 hands down.
>>
File: image.jpg (235 KB, 1032x774) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
235 KB, 1032x774
>>64026323
New York.
>>
>>64026323

1/10
>>
>>64026323
Arguably NY style is the best pizza of the year.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 419x286) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 419x286
>>64026441
Agreed.
>>
>>64026370

Benicio gets all the run in this movie but I thought Josh Brolin stole the show.

I loved his character.
>>
>>64026538
I wish Josh Brolin's character would be my boss
>"what's the password?"
>>
What was the deal with the bodies in the walls?
>>
>>64025800
Why refer to him as nigger?
>>
>>64026339
One of the best scenes in cinema history, are you fucking serious?
>>
Kumiko was the best movie i saw.
>>
>>64026401
The Room and Danish Girl are two of the best movies released this year.
>>
>>64025541

Ummmmm... why didn't they just fly in a helicopter to pick the prisoner up?
>>
>>64025386
>>64025649
Lol you guys are crazy Sicario was a chick flick aimed at 20-30 something year old white women looking for a career in law enforcement, Hateful 8 was a str8 up gangsta bloody movie that depicted gangsters far better than sicario did
>>
Sicario really was garbage.

I'm not saying it wasn't the best movie of the year; just saying it was trash.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.