[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My ONLY complaint with this movie was that they made Finn a nervous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 13
File: black wasnt the issue.jpg (52 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
black wasnt the issue.jpg
52 KB, 600x316
My ONLY complaint with this movie was that they made Finn a nervous scaredy bitch for 90% of the time.

Anyone else agree?
>>
Yes, and if he doesn't get a lightsaber I'm gonna be dissapointed as hell. Every time he tried to use it on the movie just felt ten times better than Rey and her blatant jedi pro hax
>>
>>64022722
My Only complaint with the movie was that they made Rey a mary sue to save time on her developement so they could focus on hans,finn and kylo
>>
>>64022722
Rey.
>>
File: fight me traitor.gif (703 KB, 448x218) Image search: [Google]
fight me traitor.gif
703 KB, 448x218
>>64022848
he better get that baton.its a cool baton.
>>
Honestly it's not because Dindu the Stormtrooper was black. It feels like other than fighting he had no skills to play with during character interactions, it feels like Rey pretty much took all the character skills and Finn is just there for the ride rather than say being an expert mechanic or pilot which would play into character interactions.
>>
>>64022722
bad casting overall.

there are thousands of black actors with better charisma/appereance than that nigger faggot that they casted

Kylo Ren.. what the fuck... he is the kid that would shoot up his high school IRL, unstable, scrawny, lanky, faggot
-villain has to be somewhat admirable and threatning to be taken seriously, they portrayed him as emo teen with anger problems
also I doubt that was anyhow actors fault, I bet he couldve acted it out better, but still lack of looks for the role would be present

That bitch... oh obligatory strong female character, how Star Wars is bad at stealing Star Wars content, they made Leia
be strong, upstanding, non-bitchy leader and then they make this fucking slut.. jesus almighty.

Pilot... no real problem there except dialogue, what the fuck. Why did they try to make this movie to be so much like Guardians
of Galaxy. fuckers

well I could go more into detail but fuck it, its not worth the time. the movie is disgrace for both Abrams and Star Wars as a whole
>>
>>64022994
oh yeah and also general bullshiting.
Anakin was fucking training blindfolded (yeah that anakin who is supposedly the strongest jedi/sith in the whole history of force)
against some fuckass droid and fucking all his training was portrayed as something hard. Then nig and bitch come to lightsaber
and fuck up everyone like no problem. ye, not gonna buy that shit

and eventhough I liked that they made Force to be something more action packed.. still they portrayed it formerly in original tri and prequels as something more of... way of life, philosophy, heremtic fucking boogaroo. so if you make it like this once
you better fucking stick to it, I cant stitch these 7 movies together in my head however I try.
>>
No i enjoyed that. It's a believable part of his character. My only complaint is the weapon beam moves super fast and somehow people in other systems are able to watch it in real time.
>>
Is Finn evil?

The super tall evil dude said something about completing training. Now whether that was directed toward Hans son or Finn, I'm not sure.

If George did try to go the Jar Jar is actually evil route, but backed out, whats to say that they didn't go this route with Finn?

Finn was taken from his parents, so living in the army the entire time, he had nothing to let go of. But now with Rey, he has something to turn on to complete his training.
>>
>>64022722
Finn was my favourite of the new main 3
Poe was a cool a character but I'm not sure how exactly he can develop
Rey beating Kylo down like that really sort of ruined her character, and I'd really liked her until that point
If the theory about her being a memory wiped jedi is true then I'll get over it and the scene will work for me, but as part of a standalone film that scene feels out of place
Finn was the most relatable, not particularly special but not an incompetent comedy relief character either
desu I'm most interested to see where the next film goes with Kylo, he's by far the best thing about this new film
>>
so /tv/ actually likes his character? Before the movie was released everyone was screaming about 'muh niggers' but now people seem to like him and their only complaint is that he was scared during the whole movie
>>
>>64023428
>The super tall evil dude said something about completing training. Now whether that was directed toward Hans son or Finn, I'm not sure.

that was about Kylo Ren aka Han Solo Jr
>>
>>64022722
FIX REY
I
X

R
E
Y

i mean we get as the main cast:a former storm trooper,the best pilot in the resistance and then....lucia skywalker. that feel tame in comparaison,but MAYBE her whole backstory reveal will fix that but she will still be too good at everything.
>>
>LOOK AT ME I'M STUPID AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT A CHARACTER ARC IS
>>
Were Xwings always able to achieve light speed? Honestly don't remember.
>>
>>64023705
Yeah, but if you remember at the end of episode 1, there was talk of a second sith. And there was talk of master and apprentice.

At the end of this movie, there was talk about training completion.
Finn could also be training as well as Kylo.
>>
>>64023650
Finn was a bumbling fool character and since /tv/ is full of losers, of course. Losers love losers.

That's why /tv/ hates Rey because she is strong, successful and great at everything unlike most people here.
>>
>>64023974
That general dude was literally asking what to do with Ren. And Snoke said to bring him to him to complete training.
>>
>>64023911

I can't recall if it was shown in Empire but it definitely was in Return of the Jedi.
>>
He is supposed to be the relatable one
>>
>>64022722
Finns a bit on the dark side

He's being manipulated by Snoke. Kylo knows this and it's why he paid attention to him and even knows his trooper number.
>>
File: luke training.jpg (75 KB, 1100x550) Image search: [Google]
luke training.jpg
75 KB, 1100x550
It was his story arc, though. Character development. He goes from nervous and eager to run, to willing to fight to protect people.
>>64022848
I would also like this. I don't think it was suggested he had Force ability, but he definitely had the skill necessary to wield a lightsaber and I'd like to see him get his own.
>>64023123
>Anakin was fucking training blindfolded
Beg pardon? Is this EU trash you're talking about? The only droid training we see is Luke.
>>
File: 1364332363562.jpg (89 KB, 627x528) Image search: [Google]
1364332363562.jpg
89 KB, 627x528
Finn was fine
Rey was badly written and got way too strong too fast
Kylo was my favourite as he actually had some depth and struggle in his character and the looks like his character is going to go somewhere, unlike Ms "Woah I know saberfu"
>>
Do you think we'll ever find out how The Angry Orange guy Annys lightsaber?
>>
>>64024155
That's nice and all but this is still a movie not a TV show, if you fail to properly develop a character in a movie than she's shit
>>
>>64024222
Got*
>>
>>64024222
Idk man but that shit was dumb. Saber fell down Cloud City. Does the woman have Luke's hand too? Will we see Luuke? Is Snoke Palpatine inhabiting Luuke?
>>
>>64024222
Doubt it, it wouldn't really be useful to the plot at all
I'm sure we'll see the character again though
>>
>>64024351
What if Lukes hand grew a new evil Luke?
>>
File: Luuke_skywalker[1].jpg (221 KB, 607x438) Image search: [Google]
Luuke_skywalker[1].jpg
221 KB, 607x438
>>64024394
>>
>>64024083
Doesn't Luke travel from Hoth to Dagobah in an X-Wing?
>>
>>64024155
well whatever, is some time since Ive seen sw
but point still stands, doesnt matter one bit

I am not here to argue about tiny bits in story, I am here to shit on the quality, which was very lacking
>>
>>64022722

He acted well as a person who didn't want to be there at all
>>
File: star wars poe dameron.jpg (66 KB, 677x460) Image search: [Google]
star wars poe dameron.jpg
66 KB, 677x460
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueqKtype7Kk
i demand more bromance in the sequels.
>>
>>64022722
HE WAS A TOTAL BETA

BUMBLING CUCCBOI

>D-DO YOU HAVE A C-CUTE BOYFRIEND?
ALSO GAY LMAO
>>
>>64024876
where do you think you are
>>
>>64022722
Nope.
>>
>>64022931

Finn is supposed to be human and relatable, while Rey is supposed to be pretty damn near perfect and is there to fix other people's shit

You know realize this is literally a sitcom or the simpsons
>dad (finn) screws up and is all dumb
>mom (rey) doesn't do anything significantly wrong
>literally simpsons
>solo is the tough grandad like in everybody loves raymond
>>
>>64022722
Daily reminder that Finn is going to get cucked and Daisy will be getting SPICCED by Poe in episode 8
>>
>>64025611
>SPICCED
>Not TACOD

heh
>>
>>64025728
BEANED
E
A
N
E
D
>>
What do you expect?

Finn is a newbie stormtrooper. He's never seen battle before. In his first battle, he just couldn't handle the carnage. Prior to that, he worked sanitation. He's a decent shot, but when it comes down to it he's not exactly a warrior.

He's just a guy who just wanted to escape the war. He's probably the most believable character in the flick. His character flaws are what makes him so endearing. Unlike Rey, he's not the "Chosen One", he's a guy who got caught along for a ride, but decided to stay on because of his friends.

He had some badass moments, like when he faced off against Tray Tor and fought Darth Edgelord, but he never feels completely broken like Rey the "Literally Female Space Jesus".
>>
>>64025767
Yeah I like BEANED, just the most catchiest desu
>>
Honestly I wish they did more with Phasma.

She's kinda presented like an important character but doesn't appear for more than 5 minutes in total
>>
>>64024191
Pretty much this.

I honestly ended up liking Finn.

Rey on the other hand, was indeed pure Mary Sue, and nothing more.

Also Kylo was pretty good. Just for God's sake, never take off your helmet again!
>>
>>64025874
And got dumped into the trash. Seriously they kind of wasted her character. Hopefully she does more in the sequel.
>>
My biggest complaint was that Finn was a thing at all.
>>
>>64025940
>never take off your helm
why do people have an issue with his look? he's a young guy, still learning the dark side. He's at the same level that Annakin was when he started to question the Jedi.

I'm sure by film 3 he'll be some rugged, leg missing, monster that everyone wants him to be.
>>
>>64026016
>>64025874
I'm waiting for H of her getting gangcuck'd by group of troopers.
>>
>>64025611
She's going to be gay
>>
>>64024836

Man, John Williams just kind of phoned it in for this movie.
>>
>>64022722
Sure Sure....... that and NIGER
>>
File: star-wars-poe-leather-jacket2.jpg (31 KB, 400x359) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-poe-leather-jacket2.jpg
31 KB, 400x359
>>64024836
>"keep it.. it suits you"
my gaydar went off so hard when he said that shit
>>
>>64026312
I would honestly prefer a gay romance and Rey getting cucked than your standard BLACKED
>>
>>64026122

I think his looks really help compliment his insecurities. He tries to look confident and badass, but even he knows he looks pathetic. Thus his helment and outfit are infinitely more badass looking.

He's basically the Draco Malfoy of the series.
>>
File: muh_darkness.jpg (26 KB, 367x500) Image search: [Google]
muh_darkness.jpg
26 KB, 367x500
>>64026397
kylo is /v/?
>>
File: 1365384584254.png (172 KB, 578x372) Image search: [Google]
1365384584254.png
172 KB, 578x372
>>64024967
>>
>le girl power kicking ass and saving the awkward black man

I would have taken Black Power over this
>>
>>64022722
Just like niggers irl
>>
File: 1450647281312.jpg (12 KB, 211x212) Image search: [Google]
1450647281312.jpg
12 KB, 211x212
>>64022722
>My ONLY complaint with this movie was that they DIDNT made Finn a suave bounty hunter
mssed oportunity THE MOVIE
>>
File: han-solo-47218.jpg (18 KB, 782x820) Image search: [Google]
han-solo-47218.jpg
18 KB, 782x820
>>64024256
What the fuck are you even talking about?
>>64024678
>tiny bits
>>
>>64026721
>niggers are violent animals!
>niggers are nervous scaredy bitches!

Racists are becoming kinda inconsistent
>>
>>64022848

>first time ever in star wars a non force user fights with a light sabre
>theres no way he could ever block blaster shots..
>that's ok, its the first time ever a stormtrooper drops his blaster and produces a melee weapon

P O T T E R Y
>>
>>64026744
Maybe he'll become one? Or a smuggler?
>>
File: image.jpg (230 KB, 608x1074) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
230 KB, 608x1074
>>64022722
I don't know
His incompetence seemed really and gave him some sort of characterization

He was kind of sweaty though

Tbh senpai the film should have been Finn and Po being space buddies and getting into wacky Shenigans instead of focusing on Mary Sue
>>
He ruined the film for me.

>le funny black man man
>>
>>64026830
whites are so insecure they jump at any chance to shittalk even if it doesn't make sense
>>
The most unsettling thing in the movie for me was how the film treated Finn's "awakening".

People here are saying he was a newbie, that he simply pussied out, but historically is that even an option for stormtroopers? With the presentation of the data about his history with passing psychological evaluations it felt as if they were implying that all stormtroopers were as mechanical as the clones from the prequels-- regimented, a factor that was only added to in consideration of the codenames.

Off all that I read the opening scene as The Force awakening in that motherfucker, eerily, for some dark ass purpose, that seems beneficial and light, but allows an air of ambiguity as to the true nature of Finn's existence. Who the fuck is this guy, what are his motives, and how is he truly the first stormtrooper we've seen to be capable of human traits?

He's a literal contradiction to everything the menace of the Empire is meant to stand for. He obtains personality. He's also Black

I'm hoping for some kind of First Order Sith reveal from him, some kind of sleeper cell shit, but expecting the same run-of-the-mill "he was just overtaken by the power of light" bullshit that this movie was constructed upon.
>>
>Cast a storm trooper as a main character
>His character arc isn't about him shaking off his mental programming and slowly learning to fight for reasons he himself believes in
>Instead he's suddenly just lucid from an entire lifetime of conditioning and develops his own personality within 5 minutes of PTSD

Imagine if he kept his helmet on the entire movie because he's too paranoid of being apart from the First Order to remove it. The helmet steadily gets more stained and bloody until he can't even see out of it, representing an accumulation of the FO's sins. Then in his character-defining moment he takes it off and sees the outside world for the first time through is own eyes and not the FO's filtered propaganda.

You know, an actual character arc instead of
>I'mma chase dat pussy
>Nah nvm dawg I'mma dip
>Wait changed my mind, I'm back in to crush that tight petite vagina
>If I constantly hyperventilate and mumble "nononono...!" a bunch of times maybe they'll think I'm actually acting
>>
>>64026951

>>64026946 here

YES
This guy fucking gets it.
His presentation was so retarded I feel like I've convinced myself that it was done on purpose.

How the fuck did he shake off the programming so fast?

I'm hoping that the "awakening" is referencing him really, given that the creation of his character is literally the most counter-intuitive moment, the biggest left-turn the film has to offer in terms of lore.

Nigga makes no sense
>>
>>64023428

if you payed attention, Darth Plagueis told the general guy to gather kylo ren and retreat off the crumbling planet so that he can finish his training.

Obviously he is referring to Kylo ren who just finished killing his own father, thus fully initiating himself with the dark side
>>
>Kylo is a dark and edgy teenager
>/tv/ are dark and edgy teenagers

>Kylo hates his parents due to teenage angst
>/tv/ hates their parents due teenage angst

>Kylo is a virgin
>/tv/ are virgins

>Kylo is a weak loser who talks hot shit then gets btfo by a girl who fucks a black stud
>/tv/ are weak losers who talk hot shit then get btfo by girls who fuck black studs

>Kylo obsessed with Darth Vader's mask
>/tv/ obsessed with Bane's mask
>>
>>64022848

Sorry bud, but he isn't going to get a lightsaber.

Remember he was raised as a storm trooper.
If nothing else, He is the new Boba Fett.
>>
>>64026946

>some kind of sleeper cell shit

isn't that fucking obvious

notice he conveniently was hurt and unable to accompany Rey to Luke?

why, because having Finn activate and try to kill Luke at the beginning of ep 8 would be too soon
>>
>>64027108
So when do we finish what he started? When do we start the fire?
>>
>>64027209
Phasma is the new Boba Fett
>looks cool as fuck
>sells toys like crazy
>has almost no dialogue
>gets served by a retired space trucker and a walking carpet almost by accident
>>
>>64027384

thought that was pretty funny actually

especially since we all assumed she'd be women stronk the character..
>>
>>64027435
Would the movie have been better if it had been Phasma fighting Finn instead of TR-8R? At least we'd see her actually do... literally anything. Fuck, she doesn't even TRY to resist when they get her to bring the shields down. She takes them exactly where they ask, politely does exactly what they want, and even does it expediently for their convenience. Christ, what a mook.
>>
>>64027327
Nah, it isn't fucking obvious, and the "conveniently hurt" was definitely not part of some higher level plan seeing as it was delivered from an emotionally unstable pansy that had no grasp on any of the situations he found himself in.

So no.
It's a theory bitch
>>
>>64022722
I think Nigng McCuck was the best character of the movie.
Dameron was a Gary stu and have little to none screen time for people to even care that much about him. Being nice to a nigger in the movie made him likable but outside that he's just mr Ace can't do nothing wrong.

Finn at least had character, the first shot he has in the movies is of him being overwhelmed by the horrible acts of the Order. He had reasons to be scared and even at the end of the movie he over come his fear by 1. going to rescue Vagina-chan 2.Fighting a hopeless fight against edgy-lord.
I really hope they give him some force and proper training and make him the main Jedi for the rest of the franchise.
>>
It was so odd to me that Finn had an epiphany after the scene that the only thing I could think of was that he got forced into recruitment. But then he said he was raised by the order as a baby, which wouldn't make sense to me.

Also the fact that Ren let him go initially after sensing some compassion leads me to believe there's more to Finn than what is lead on.. Still, I liked Finn and Po's character. I just Rey was more in-depth with her character.

Speaking of, why is it that all female main characters in each of the trilogies strong headed/willed women who don't suffer a dent of fear or weakness? Leia was "fuck you vader and your empire". Padme was "fuck you gunray and your droids". Now this one is all "fuck you sith and your stormtroopers".
>>
>>64027720
> why is it that all female main characters in each of the trilogies strong headed/willed women who don't suffer a dent of fear or weakness?

Does wonders for the representation of the female gender in film as a whole. One radical representation will permit more tame ones to make it to the big screen...messy territory.

Just the fact that one of the leading roles of the biggest cultural franchise in American history went to a Black man fractures the hold of White Hollywood and says way more of its future than you could imagine

The world is getting PC as fuck
>>
>>64027534
Not only would it be something for her to do, it makes a little more narrative sense because they have at least a little history. You can still have Finn lose (again, considering her rank, it makes sense) and be saved by someone else without killing her off, too. But this way they can sell another toy.
>>
Finn is most likely force sensitive much like Leia. I don't see him becoming a Jedi either just like her but you never know, we'll have to see how his near death experience fighting a sith changes things for him.
>>
>>64026312
>>
>>64027720
Finn was originally a janitor, that's why he wasn't conditioned as well. Here's how it went down:

>a few days before the events of TFA
>Phasma: "FN-2187! Kylo Ren got angry and threw his food on the wall again, go clean it up!"
>Finn goes to Kylo Ren's room and starts wiping up Darth Vader-shaped Spaghetti-O's
>He pauses, looks at the food sliding down the wall
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyqxWU1QkrE
>Finn: "...I should become a stormtrooper."
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.