[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Snoke is definitely Plagueis. In the TFA novelization, Snok
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: DarthPlagueisHS-SWI130.jpg (118 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
DarthPlagueisHS-SWI130.jpg
118 KB, 360x480
Snoke is definitely Plagueis.

In the TFA novelization, Snoke says he's seen the rise and fall of the empire.

Kylo Ren refers to him as wise, and Darth Plagueis is known as Darth Plagueis the Wise.

And then there's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgirxblkje8&feature=youtu.be

Here's what's probably going to happen:

>Plagueis survived the Emperor's attempt on his life prior to the prequels, but only barely
>Either Sheev is lying, or Plagueis somehow wiped his mind as he escaped
>Plagueis leaves the populated parts of the galaxy and uses his magical life powers to slowly heal himself in seclusion
>he eventually returns decades later and finds out that his apprentice has already been defeated
>he steps into the void left by Sheev's death takes over the First Order
>manipulates Kylo Ren into killing all of Luke's apprentices
>reveals this to Kylo in 8
>also reveals that he used his magical life powers to create Anakin, since his mother said it was a virgin birth
>he has been trying to take back control of what he created by killing Luke (failed Skywalker) and training Kylo (new Skywalker apprentice with lots of raw potential)

Search your feelings, fuccbois.

>b-but he was a Muun!

Not canon. Muun look retarded in terms of making an imposing villain, so they redesigned him.
>>
Vitiate from SWTOR would be TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT
>>
>chances of them using the name DARTH MCLOTSOFSICKPEOPLEIS
>0%
>>
I will genuinely lose all interest in Snoke's character if it turns out he isn't Darth Plagueis because having him be Plaguies would just be so thematically perfect.

Think about it. The only real loose-end left behind by the previous films is the Skywalker lineage. It produces two of the strongest Jedi to ever live who both turn out to be incredibly importand and no one knows where the family even started. Not even Darth Sidious knows. All we learn is that Anakin was 'conceived by the Force' - and the only thing we learn about Plagueis is that 'he learned how to manipualte the Force to create life'.

And it's literally the only way the new trilogy could create a villain which could even come close to besting Darth Sidious. Just having some completely new character come out of nowhere who's "better than Palpatine just because" would be utterly lame and lazy writing. But managing to take a character who was already pre-established in the lore to be a mentor to Sidious, a powerful Sith Lord and perhaps the most talented Force-user ever and weave him back into the story would be great storytelling.

Not only that, but it'd be a really respectful nod to fans of the EU. Long-time fans would recognise this character pretty much instantly - like how fans felt good about recognising Thanos in The Avengers without it being explained who he was. People unfamiliar with his character will hear about him from fans, look him up on the Internet and it's instantly free-marketing for your franchise and your character.
>>
>>64017164
I would be content with Plagueis = Snoke, but JJ and co. have pretty much said they wouldn't touch any prequel lore in the new movies. Fucking dipshits if you ask me.
>>
who's Plagueis? some EU character or was he mentioned in the prequels?
>>
Snookey is CGI anyways. Fucking boring. Sheev was 10/10 villain.
>>
>>64017680

Palpatine talked about him in 3 with Anakin, when he's trying to turn him.

He talks about how Plagueis even had the power to prevent those he loved from dying because he had power over life itself, but tragically was killed by his apprentice (obviously it's implied heavily in the scene that Palpatine is talking about himself killing Plagueis).
>>
>>64017631
>Not only that, but it'd be a really respectful nod to fans of the EU
This is the mast masterfully crafted line of bait I've seen in a while, it's quite literally poetry.
>>
File: plagueis.jpg (25 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
plagueis.jpg
25 KB, 1280x720
>>64017680
He was Sheev's master in the prequels
>>
>>64017653
this shit is EU at best.
>>
>>64017680
He's mentioned in the prequels by sidious when he's telling Skywalker how to save loved ones(he's elaborated on in the EU of course though.)
>>
>>64017653
Way to openly shit on Lucas like that. JJ is a faggot.
>>
Snoke is Palpatine's son, and Rey is Snoke's daughter.
>>
>>64017653
Thats the best part. Plagueis is literally only mentioned in a brief conversation between Sidious and Anakin. While he would be prequel material, hes hardly relevant at all. Hes a clean slate, hes a way to retroactively improve the prequels without being hamfisted about it. Its too poetic not to do
>>
>>64017319
>using anything from that abortion of a game

they completely ruined the cool ideas they started with and shat all over revan
>>
>>64017631
Darth Plagueis was a footnote in the EU before Revenge of the Sith

Literally passively mentioned
>>
one of my friends came up with the theory that Snoke is the son from the Clone Wars TV show since they both have the scar or whatever, and his dad made the force

I don't know how credible it is though, as i never watched the show. I believe Snoke is plagueis
>>
>>64017680
The guy who actually got UNLIMITED POWER
>>
>>64017164
He couldve have easily been a muun and taken a new host, with sith magic and powers to transport his soul into a new body. Also, how do we not know that this isnt what muuns look like when they age?
>>
>>64017164
>virgin birth
>from a literal sex slave

Heh.
>>
>>64017653
just like khan wasn't in star trek right
>>
>>64017164
The hints are obviously planted to make neckbeards interested in the movies, they won´t make Plagueis a character because normies already can´t understand in which order the movies take place.
>>
>>64017164
>>Plagueis survived the Emperor's attempt on his life prior to the prequels, but only barely
no

His whole shtick was cheating death

He didn't survive, he discovered a way to come back.
>>
Yoda also saw the rise and fall of the Empire, and has been described as wise.
>>
>>64017979
Yoda died before the Empire fell
>>
>>64017936

Normies can understand that he was a bad guy from long ago who was the Emperor's master/maybe Vader's creator, which is all the nuance they really need.
>>
>>64017979

I'm going to be disappointed if Snoke isn't Plagueis at this point, because I actually think that's not a retarded idea.

But, if he isn't, I hope he's not as giant as his hologram suggests, and he's actually Yoda sized.

Actually, that might be too retarded, nevermind.
>>
>>64017947
Yes, in a new human host. So to make it feel more confortabile and liek hsi muun self, he got plastic sugery and other cosmetic changes to make himself thinner and taller, thats why he looks so much like a muun but with a more human face.
>>
>>64018110
He should be at least taller than a normal human the way Yoda is smaller than a normal human, that would be true poetry. 2 meters like a Muun would be enough.
They already did evil Yoda in The Clone Wars with Yodas dark side manifesting and more or less with Sheev in ROTJ, at least him spouting all those lines gave me that vibe in my last viewing.
>>
>>64017164
as a faggot who hasnt seen TFA how are they playing the sith are they even sith ? sheev was the pinnacle of the sith so its makes no sense that hidden away is someone more powerful than him without him being aware or not feeling the presence if he could sense lukes emerging power
>>
He's not Plagueis, he's Maul.

Think about it.
>>
>>64017631
There are no loose ends left behind by the OT and the prequels and EU should never ben considered relevant to anything. They completely destroyed the story of the rest of the films. Luke Skywalker isn't superman, just a good jedi apprentice flying by the seat of his pants with some friends behind him, who is true of heart enough to start a new Jedi order.
>>
>>64017680
Siduous's master that he supposedly killed.
>>
>>64018316
>They completely destroyed the story of the story of the films

You're an idiot, Starscream.
>>
File: shakey shakey.gif (331 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
shakey shakey.gif
331 KB, 500x373
>>64017979
Yes but Yoda was a good guy and died in front of our eyes. Use your fucking brain moron.
>>
>>64018232
Force feelings and force visions are so ill-defined, nobody can use them as legit arguments in these debates. How did Sheev cloud Yodas visions in AOTC when it would be him alone against the whole order meditating regulary? Distances also play a factor so Plagueis could just hide outside of the galaxy like the Vong.

Snoke and Kylo have no Darth names or call themselves sith, they just use the dark side of the force, Snoke sits on his chair and is all mysterious and Kylo was pretty ok.
Probably just another jab at the prequels since the term was never used in the OT but originated in comics form the 90s.
>>
>prequel shit
Nope
>>
It's not Plagueis, and I feel bad for people that think it's him.

You guys think that Disney is putting all this effort into hiding an obscure character almost no one has even heard of in order to create the most anti-climatic twist in the history of cinema?

top kek m8
>>
>>64019158
>to create the most anti-climatic twist in the history of cinema?

Rey defeating Snoke?
>>
>this guy was mentioned once in passing and therefore is a "loose end" that must make a reappearance to "tie things up"

this is some FNAF tier speculation. this plagueis shit is lower than reddit: its fucking youtube comment level critical thinking.

Darth Badguy was just a name Lucas vomited out on the spot as he was writing episode 3. The character of plagueis himself was never the point of the opera scene. The point was that the dark side maaaaaybe has the ability to keep people from dying. The point of the scene was to have Sheev tempt Anakin with a power of the darkside he would find very useful.
>>
>>64017927
>the most famous Star Trek villain in the most critically acclaimed Star Trek filmed that saved the franchise and is known to every Star Trek fan is equivalent to some guy that was mentioned in a movie once in a throw away line that only hardcore EU nerds know

Star Wars fans everybody.
>>
>>64019249
>Darth Badguy was just a name Lucas vomited out
> "Now there's a hint in the movie that there was a Sith lord who had the power to create life. But it's left unsaid: Is Anakin a product of a super-Sith who influenced the midichlorians to create him, or is he simply created by the midichlorians to bring forth a prophecy, or was he created by the Force through the midichlorians? It's left up to the audience to decide. How he was born ulitmately has no relationship to how he dies, because in the end, the prophecy is true: Balance comes back to the Force." - George Lucas

Well what do you know, that's entirely correct.
>>
>>64019249

Nobody thinks he's a loose end that needs to be tied up. Palpatine essentially says he killed him. But based on the info that's given, it seems possible.
>>
It was already established in RotS that Sheev lied about knowing the secret to life, and only revealed he knew fuck all after Anakin had already flipped.

He could have made up the entire story for all we know.
>>
File: Not plagueis.jpg (811 KB, 2448x2329) Image search: [Google]
Not plagueis.jpg
811 KB, 2448x2329
>Snoke is definitely Plagueis.

Does the darkside lead to many unnatural abilities? Does that include gender bending?
>>
>>64019249
Tarkin novel is cannon and mentions him a lot
>>
>>64017164
Doesn't say much for Snoke, whoever he is, with how terrible Kylo Ren's is at everything. I hope he meant Start is training at the end instead of finish.
>>
>>64019249

glib facsimile
>>
>>64019635
So?
>>
It's clear Plagueis was GL plan to tie the three trilogies together, even the look palp gave ankin when he said " create life itself " and the fact that was the first time GL even brought up 'midichlorians' again since the ep1 and the whole virgin birth thing

Now I was willing to let it go and say maybe that was just going to be left as unexplained garage from the prequels since Disney took over.... Till you hear the music it's clear they did not abandon that storyline at all
>>
>>64019636
I think the Plagueis theory is interesting only if he also created Rey the same way he created Anakin out of the midichlorians

Otherwise it would serve very little purpose other than be a nice little nod towards the prequels.
>>
>>64019860
>It's clear Plagueis was GL plan to tie the three trilogies together

Don't be ridiculous, you have a quote a few posts up stating that Plagueis is irrelevant and just a throw away line.
>>
>>64019751
So he's not mentioned once in passing you gigantic fucking aspie
>>
>>64019935
Then how do you explain snoaks music is literally the same?
>>
>>64017164
>Plagueis
Keikaku?
>>
>>64020051
It's not the same. It's just going to be generic darkside music. That song is called "Palpatine's Teaching" not "Plagueis Theme."

Also, Lucas had nothing to do with TFA anyway.

And wow do you explain the mountain of evidence that Plagueis is not Snoke anyway?
>>
>>64020025
So what? Darth Maul is alive and canon. Does that mean Snoke is Darth Maul possibly? The Mortis arc is canon. Does that mean Snoke is an evil force god incarnate?
>>
Snoke will turn out to be a hologram, a projection or an apprentice or host for real villain, Plagueis.

We always know that bad guys come in two within the Star Wars universe, were the introduced one is usually a pawn to an even bigger baddie later on.

Snoke was introduced rather early, so I'm already getting decoy vibes from him.
>>
>>64017631
Only loose end? What about Master Sifo dyas or however you spell it, mentioned in episode 2 who created the clone army?
>>
>>64020332
It's Grand Moff Tarkin
>>
>>64020296
for Sidious, no sentient being in close to five thousand years had set foot in the shrine. The room’s excavation and restoration had been carried out by machines under the supervision of 11-4D. Even Vader was unaware of the shrine’s existence. But it was here that they would one day work together the way Sidious and Plagueis had to coax from the dark side its final secrets. In the intervening years he had actually come to appreciate Plagueis for the planner and prophet he had been. Such perilous machinations required two Sith, one to serve as bait for the dark side, the other to be the vessel. Success would g
>>
>>64020403
Cool EU shit bro.
>>
>>64017653
>they wouldn't touch any prequel lore in the new movies

I don't know about that.

They bring up the light side and dark side of the Force which is pretty much a prequel invention, in the OT it was just the Force and the dark side of the Force, there was no "light side". The dark side was just a corruption of the Force, light side implies there's an equal duality.

TFA uses the word "Sith" but the Sith were never mentioned by name in the OT, first canon mention is in the prequels.

Kylo Ren threatens General Hux(?) that Snoke will replace his army with a clone army if they fail. A New Hope referenced the clone wars but never a clone army, that's strictly prequels.

Prequels were garbage but I have no issue with the sequel trilogy selectively referencing them for the sake of continuity. Plagueis could be one such reference.
>>
>>64017164
If sheev had said he knew a guy that could do that shit, then anakin wouldn't need him. It's possible that sheev was just talking out his ass about killing him too.
>>
>>64020435
It's lifted from Tarkin and that novel is cannon
>>
>>64020526
Damn, that shit is retarded then. Thank god non movie canon has no bearing on the movies.
>>
>>64019860
>tie the three trilogies together
>Plagueis wasn't even created by Lucas
>wasn't even mentioned in the OT, not even the word 'sith' was said in any of the OT movies
>is only mentioned in the prequels and it's never implied that he was Palpatine's master

Without mentioning that Georgie boy never wanted to make Episode 7.
>>
>>64017927
Also, I think JJ learned that people got mad the last time he did that.
>>
>>64020442
Sith were in the original merchandising and script descriptions
Vader is called a Sith Lord in the script - here stands a 6' Sith Lord or something
It's not mentioned as a line but it was always cannon
>>
>>64020586
Exactly, Vader is the link between the 3 trilogies, not some guy who only mattered in an EU book.
>>
>>64020586
>>Plagueis wasn't even created by Lucas
yeah we was

>wasn't even mentioned in the OT
Doesn't matter, he's the mastermind behind it all

>it's never implied that he was Palpatine's master
Are you autistic? It's heavily implied, it's blatantly obvious
>>
>>64020640
Well yes in Lucas universe it's a father son grandfather thing
I think his idea would have been the grandkids of Luke and leia splitting apart and fighting over Vader good bad since he wanted them set when they were 60 odd
Disney decided to do it now and add in stronk womyn
>>
>>64020586
What was that interview where they asked GL if someone wanted to make episode 7 without him and he said no?..... Sounds like he had a plan to at least maybe do it one day he also give Disney a list of his ideas he had for episode 7, so did he sit down and go back to work after he just sold the franchise or maybe he was working on it before the ?
>>
File: PlagueisNSSGF.jpg (91 KB, 600x763) Image search: [Google]
PlagueisNSSGF.jpg
91 KB, 600x763
>>64017164
You're trying to tell me Plagueis isn't imposing enough?
>>
>>64017947
>he discovered a way to come back
If that's possible in star wars movie canon, then there's no reason it couldn't be darth bane. I know its been a thousand + years, but Yoda did go searching around his burial site for the secret to immortallity
>>
>>64018110
nah its been confirmed he is like 7 feet tal and fucking thin according to a quote from serkis.
>>
>>64017164
>>Plagueis survived the Emperor's attempt on his life prior to the prequels, but only barely

Or, you know, he fucking got killed by a lightsaber to the head, hence the giant gash in his skull/sunken half of his face, and then reanimated his own corpse through Dark Side magic.
>>
>>64020252
What mountain of evidence? Some non-canon EU book you mean?
>>
>>64020382
Wasn't that just Dooku's alias
>>
>>64017164
Okay i think this miight be better

>he won't be "Darth Plagueis" persay because as many of you have pointed out, its not clear if he really was supposed to be important or not
>even tho you coudl say his abilities "promise" or sidious deception of a "promise" to help save them kids was the only reason an anakin went full sith.
>but 2 things are important, this weak ass fucker HAD to wait till the empire was down to act,because he is obviously old or for whatever reason (he couldnt do it beacuse he was weak, or dead, not in physical form etc)
>this give us this really ez character build up that he is very fragile.'
>i think adam and jj said he isnt a sith, but idk if they were lying
>THAT FUCKING SOUNDTRACK has to mean theyre at least borrowing somehting from that scene, SOMETHING maybe the whole being so good at the force you cant die etc or whatever BUT SOMETHING from that scene will used.
>>
File: 1441916350180.jpg (83 KB, 468x534) Image search: [Google]
1441916350180.jpg
83 KB, 468x534
So in other words OP, It will end where it began?
>>
>>64018316
>There are no loose ends left behind by the OT and the prequels

what is "sifo-dyas" other than lazy george bailing out of "sidious" at the last second?
>>
>>64020442
Max von Sydow also mentioned "bringing balance to the force" right at the beginning
>>
>>64021213
kek imagine if John Williams was like "man i wished i used that in a better scene and we get snoke ahha

>now all these nerds making all these theories simply because williams like them chords.
>>
Watch the scene in episode 3 where sheev talking about Plagueis, listen to the music coming from he performance, listen to the official sound track smoak both made by John Williams

case closed its over people, and as for them not bringing up the prequels in the new movies why did the mention going back to clone soliders?
>>
>>64021267
>bringing balance to the force

ok i never understood this about the dumbass jedi in the prequels. if we are to assume they believed the sith to be wiped out and extinct, or just existing in very small #s, then wasn't the force hideously imbalanced in favor of the jedi?

and if the force was indeed hideously imbalanced in favor of the jedi, wouldn't "bringing balance to the force" mean that there'd either have to be a lot more sith or a lot less jedi, and either way the jedi get all kinds of fucked up by it?

so why the hell would the jedi want to bring balance to the force when it was hideously imbalanced in their favor? fucking idiots, i tell you.
>>
>>64021124
Isn't the director telling you "no," enough?
>>
>>64021267
That's what this Jedi temple thing will be
The force is not meant to be light or dark just grey - so using it in anger doesn't make you immed evil and warps you and light side shit doesn't turn you into a mystical version of Dawkins
End game is unified force
>>
Why does it matter that some dude mentioned in episode 3 is snook?
>>
>>64021353
The Dark Side is what imbalances the Force. It's not a Yin-Yang thing, it's a life form with a disease.
>>
>>64020588
>JJ
>learning

Kek
>>
>>64017164
>Either Sheev is lying, or Plagueis somehow wiped his mind as he escaped
>Sheev

we get it already, his name is Sheev, can we go back to calling him Palpatine now? God this Sheev shit is annoying
>>
>>64021353
bruh the jedi arent objective force users, they think their side is the right one.

Anakin was supposed to bring balance, but Jedi thought that meant destroying the sith.

I mean now beacuse of Legends not canon we have no fucking idea what the sith really were or are.
MAYBE ANAKIN WAS SUPPOSED TO let the dark side have some power instead of just the pacifist view of the jedi since the sith apparenltly draw from the physical and emotional passion.

does that help?
>>
>>64020800
He had a draft ready for the sequel trilogy that he handed over to Disney executives, but they rejected it and decided to do their own thing.

Doesn't mean they couldn't have lifted some ideas from George's treatise though.
>>
>>64021420
many think it could be the whole reason why anakin existed in the first place.
>>
>>64020382
Watch Clone Wars you fuck boy. It's canon and that gets wrapped up.
>>
wait this is actually a theory you people have?
just yesterday I thought of the most ridiculous being Snoke could possibly be and shitposted that he was Plagueis
guess no shitpost can ever compete with true retardation
>>
>>64021484
Yeah that was rubbish anyway
In the comics published around the prequels cone head Jedi master has wives and kids so the no love etc rule was shit
>>
>>64020051
All sith love opera
>>
I like to think that Snoke isn't even a hologram when Kylo speaks to him, but a force ghost that can manipulate his appearance. That would be a twist in itself.

He's using Kylo so he can enter his body at some point when he's gone enough to the the dark side and Luke is trying to find a way to prevent this by searching the old temples.
>>
>>64021442
>God this Sheev shit is annoying

That's his name anon. Get used to it.
>>
>>64021370
Did JJ say that? He's not the director for the upcoming movies.
>>
>>64021489
i read that shit, its cringey (but interesting, in an edgy way , not the 4chan use age of the word btw) lemme find links

here
http://starwarsuniverse2.tripod.com/id6.html
>>
File: starwarstheforceawakens-kyloren.jpg (266 KB, 1536x864) Image search: [Google]
starwarstheforceawakens-kyloren.jpg
266 KB, 1536x864
I'm almost 90% Kylo Ren is a good guy pretending to be a bad guy to kill Snoke.
>>
>>64021597

Cool idea

but Snoke straight up says to Hux, "go find Kylo ren and bring him to me, he must finish his training", that strongly implies he is somewhere else in a physical location.

I could be a mistake in the script or a misdirection, but i think that is getting a little nuts with the fan theory stuff.
>>
>>64021526

And?
>>
May 26 2017 can't come soon enough, hopefully this shit will end then.
>>
>>64021658
Pretty sure the main plan for the next 3 movies is set already. Even then, JJ was clearly Snoke is a new non sith not Plagueis character. Serkis already stated Snoke is a new character as well.

Hell, even in the new Disney canon they are setting up Snoke as some oute rim originator of the darkside.

The Plagueis people are just mad EU fans unable to let go and think that everything is a Disney conspiracy to hide an irrelevant character no one cares about but neckbeards.
>>
>>64021442

I use Sheev cuz its easier to type than Palpatine
>>
>>64021732
thats it, big revelation just like Darth Jar jar was supposed to be.

nothing more than that.
>>
>>64021424
except anakin was prophesized to brng balance back and he killed all he jedi but 2 versus the 2 emaining sith

And then luke killed both sith but the other two jedi also died and luke was force grey compared the jedi in the prequels

so... you're full of shit
>>
>>64021721
I doubt non-force sensitives like Hux can even see force ghosts
>>
>>64021713

If so, then ordering the strom troopers to massacure those villagers was kinda fucked up. Like he was in charge there, just be like, "burn their huts or arrest a few" not, "kill them all" then mean mug the one guy who aint just killing all the innocents.

I mean, i guess he could just going full on with it, but dam.
>>
99% of people who rag on the EU have never even read it.
>>
File: areyouserious.gif (352 KB, 499x289) Image search: [Google]
areyouserious.gif
352 KB, 499x289
Can someone explain this? I think it will shed light to who Snoke really is:

Where did they get Vader's mask from? Did Snoke give it to Kylo? Did Kylo find it? Vader's body was burned, but I think his mask returning means someone dug it up and gave it to Kylo who now uses it as a special relic. I don't know, I just feel Vader's mask is gonna play a huge role in this trilogy.
>>
>>64021831
Luke didn't kill the Sith. At the end of the original trilogy Vader killed Palpatine and then died himself, leaving only Luke behind.

>so... you're full of shit
No, lrn2OTphilosophy, nigger. This isn't new concepts. Yoda's description of the Force is the proof of it.
>>
>>64021889
>the lies, and the EUfags that tell them

stahp
>>
>>64021768
I haven't even read the book, I just think the idea of Rey being a dark side creation of an ancient all but forgotten sith lord who somehow is still surviving would make for a far more interesting story than her simply being luke's daughter.
>>
>>64019278
He didn't say he was equivalent, he was trying to say that JJ is known for lying so as not spoil movies.

Autists everybody
>>
>>64021541

Its starting to make sense to me. Old sith lord with a massively scarred face like someone once tried to kill him.

Who else could it be except sheev's old master who had a power to cheat death?
>>
>>64017164
In the novel Darth Plagueis, he survives an assassination attempt by the Gran Protectorate in which his face is horribly maimed by a blade. That could be an explanation of Snoke's fucked face.

Also of note, Palpatine kills him by using a small bolt of force lightning to break his breathing apparatus (the blade also fucked up his throat, plus, the niggas old as shit) after he gets drunk/sleepy and lets his guard down.
>>
>>64021831
yup like i said
anakin did bring balance to the force since if this shit is right then there 2 sides and one had been dominating (the light side cuz of jedi)

Anyone else notice how snoke and kylo are talking about getting SEDUCED by the light side.
Just like the whole prequels were about dont get seduced by the dark side.

I think this is very important.
>>
>>64021921
>Vader's body was burned

Nah dawg he disappeared on death like Yoda and Obi Wan and all the Force Ghosters. The burning of the armor was symbolic.
>>
File: Ghost Vader.jpg (42 KB, 1132x849) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Vader.jpg
42 KB, 1132x849
>>64021921
There are no answers to those question. Kylo probably got the mask himself since he has a hardon for Vader. And Disney has a hardon for Vader imagery since he's the best selling image of Star Wars.

Vader = money, so expect to see more of him in the next movies somewhow.

Pic related: Almost got a Darth Vader Sith Ghost in this movie, still might in the next one
>>
>>64021663
I think I've read this fanfic before, it's fucking hilarious, full of memes, fanservice and as full of holes as the prequels AND makes Luuke film level canon, it could easily be George.
>>
Snoke is the product an expirment by Palpatine. He grew too strong and escaped Palpatines grasp.

Rey was created by Palpatine specifically to be the Snoke killer. Eventually, she'll go dark side like Palpatine planned and hunt Snoke down. She'll find herself though and spare Snoke, going back to light. Snoke will self destruct his superweapon in one last attempt to kill her. She escapes and he dies.
>>
>>64021921
It was probably brought by Luke into the academy as a relic of some kind.
>>
>>64021962
Did you even watch the movie? You can't spoil Plagueis being in the movie, because Plagueis was not in the movie.

Not to mention Plagueis is too irrelevant and obscure to spoil anything since he simply does not matter.

Autism everybody.
>>
>>64021926
>>64021926
ehhh
vader killing palpatine wasnt bout the force
it was about him not killing luke

Anakin brought balance by being dark and light at the same time.

People forget what balance means and that the jedi are biased on one side.
>>
>>64021713
I'm so sick of seeing this fucking theory get passed around the Internet.

It's even in articles.

I fucking hate Reddit.
>>
>>64021962
True JJ will flat out lie about a project has no one ever seen lost? Good lord
>>
The very fact that this theory is so popular means the whole "casuals wouldn't know who Plagueis is" is dumb. You know most of them will have looked Plagueis up.
>>
File: poetry.jpg (2 MB, 4160x1652) Image search: [Google]
poetry.jpg
2 MB, 4160x1652
>>64021871
>If so, then ordering the strom troopers to massacure those villagers was kinda fucked up. Like he was in charge there, just be like, "burn their huts or arrest a few" not, "kill them all" then mean mug the one guy who aint just killing all the innocents.

It's because his master, Snoke would "sense" it though the force. Only way to defeat evil is go full 100% Hitler/Sheev and lure them into a false sense of security.

Han was the one pulling the lightsaber TOWARDS him, while Kylo was pulling away.
>>
>>64022063
No, because the Dark Side is the anti-Force, this was already established in Empire like thirty years ago nigger. It is itself what imbalances it. And if we're talking prophecy specifically Mace Windu himself states destroying the Sith will bring balance to it.
>>
>>64022119
>You know most of them will have looked Plagueis up.

Or, you know, they watched Revenge of the Sith.
>>
Anyone have the concept art that leaked like a year ago? It had a 7 foot tall Min in it, and everyone was guessing Plageus was the new villain.
>>
>>64021713
>>64022095

Regardless of his intentions, every Sith's final goal is to topple their masters.
>>
>>64022204
>and everyone was guessing Plageus was the new villain.

>implying he still isn't
>>
>>64022204
It was Kylo concept art.
>>
>>64017164
It's impossible for Snoke to be Darth Plagueis.

In this timeline:

Darth Sidious was Darth Plagueis' apprentice. (Sometime before episode 1, Sidious states this in Episode 2 or 3, but we never see it.)
Darth Sidious killed Darth Plagueis in his sleep. (Sidious admits to this in Episode 3).
Darth Sidious is killed by his own apprentice. (Episode 6).
Snoke shows up as Master to Kylo Ren's (Episode 7).

In the timeline laid out for us, Plagueis has already been killed by Sidious, who himself has already been killed by Vader. Therefore Snoke cannot't be Plagueis.
>>
>>64022061

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fMx670jOnw

You can shift through that and find where they talk about Plagueis and JJ's reaction. I'm to lazy, and it's been posted before.

Seriously, if you don't know what you're talking about you should probably leave.
>>
>>64022214
>Regardless of his intentions, every Sith's final goal is to topple their masters.

>Knights of Ren
>Banite Sith

here we go.jpg
>>
>>64022241
But nothing about that means Snoke can't be Plagueis.

Do you know how deduction works?
>>
>>64022247
Pretty sure they had no idea who he was talking about.
>>
>>64022247
>I have autism, I'm an expert in body language

Ironic, but sad. But if you were normal you wouldn't be an EU fan, so I get it.
>>
>>64022283
I'm pretty sure he does, as well as Kasdan.

>>64022299
So you got nothing eh sport?
That's pretty much what I thought.
>>
>>64022241
We don't know if Sheev actually killed him. He could have been mistaken, could have simply lied.

And just think about it. Killing someone who supposedly knows how to cheat death? What did sheev do, zap him with a lightning in the face? Voldemort wouldn't die that easily either.
>>
>>64017164
>reading the TFA novelization
>proposing a theory that involves "mind-wiping"
>being this much of a fucking neckbeard

You're probably right but goddamn. You people are worse writers than any filmmaker you complain about, you know that, right?
>>
File: 7sKn7Be.png (1 MB, 1917x817) Image search: [Google]
7sKn7Be.png
1 MB, 1917x817
What are the odds Finn and Rey had their minds whipped after being members of Knights of Ren?
>>
>>64021178
No. He was someone else.
>>
>>64022281
He's retarded
>>
>>64022241
Are you not paying attention? Are you indeed a garden salad?
>>
>>64022241
>Darth Sidious killed Darth Plagueis in his sleep. (Sidious admits to this in Episode 3).

Or you know he could just be lying.
>>
If you can control midichlorians to make life you could also do it as a force ghost and maybe make yourself be reborne too
>>
>>64022456
>you could also do it as a force ghost and maybe make yourself be reborne too

Thus giving birth to Rey
>>
>>64022147

>its literally referred to as the dark SIDE of the force, like its encompassing half of the concept or something.
>naw dog, its anti force, and outside element that disrupts the force.

You got a quote from the movie to back you up, because all my histroy with star wars lore says your wrong. Then again i havent seen Empire in years, so maybe I forgetting some throw away line from Yoda or something.
>>
>>64022456
In Disney canon didn't they change it that Sith can't became ghosts?
>>
>>64022513
>You got a quote from the movie to back you up, because all my histroy with star wars lore says your wrong.

Are you retarded? Have you never watched the best movie in the franchise before?

>Then again I havent seen Empire in years
Here's a great opportunity for you to watch it again and enlighten yourself then my nigger.
>>
>>64021966
The book isn't canon. Its not even "maybe canon". James Luceno himself flat out said that it is not canon anymore.
>>
>>64022454
I think that Sidious truly believes he killed him. The scars on Snoke could be from him using force lightning on him while he was sleeping.
>>
>>64022408

He was a real person that Dooku manipulated then killed and pretended to be to order the clone army, or something along those lines, so your both right i think.
>>
>>64022540
In the EU there were sith force ghosts, in the clone wars cartoon they show how yoda gets the skill to some back as a ghost and thats still cannon... Don't see why it would be exclusive to one side or the other
>>
>>64022370
>So you got nothing eh sport?
Bro, you don't have an argument.

The screenwriter of the film has no idea what they are talking about, and the director says "no."

You're argument is "Nah, they are lying, trust me."

Don't expect anyone to take you seriously.
>>
>>64022598
Though he did add elements from it into Tarkin most tellingly that personal droid that belonged to Plagueis
>>
>>64017164
Can any of the Palagius theory fags give me a reason why he is using the name Snoke in the film then?
>>
>>64022572

>Are you retarded? Have you never watched the best movie in the franchise before?

refer to my first post , "so maybe I forgetting some throw away line from Yoda or something."

>Here's a great opportunity for you to watch it again and enlighten yourself then my nigger.

Well i've been checking tv for it airing on spike or something but its not, and Im not buying a fucking 30$ movie that is 30 years old just so i can argue with some guy on the internet.
>>
>>64022702
>Can any of the Palagius theory fags give me a reason why he is using the name Snoke in the film then?

That's his new Knights of Ren surname
>>
>>64022668
A lot of people do. It's how I first learned of it.

And he wasn't saying they were absolutely, merely that it is a possibility. So far you seem to be the only one in here dealing with absolutes, Anakin.
>>
>>64022723
Piracy you filthy nigger, Jesus. Educate yourself.
>>
>>64022702

Plaguis is is sith name, Snoke could be his birth given name

like Sheev Palpatine is Darth Sideous, Anaking Skywalker is Darth Vader, etc
>>
>>64022403
Rey is the one with the staff.
>>
>>64022702
No proof but my guess would be he doesn't fully trust kylo yet and doesn't want word to get out the sith are still around
>>
>>64022729
>the new bad guy is named Snoke Ten

I'd rather just have Lucas back with a Darth Evilly or Darth Poisonar at this point
>>
>>64022702
Maybe he doesn't want to gain attention from Luke or any new Jedi by using a Sith name. It's not like there isn't precedent for it.
>>
>>64022702
I don't know what Palagius theory is, but name change isn't something new for a character that "dies" and is "reborn."

Darth Traya ---> Kreia
>>
>>64022702
>Can any of the Palagius theory fags give me a reason why he is using the name Snoke in the film then?
>Can any of the Palagius (srsly negro?) theory fags give me a reason this guy in this universe full of people who make up absolutely retarded names for themselves has made up an absolutely retarded name for himself?
>>
>>64022814
This seems like the most plausible reason
>>
>>64022801

>calls me a nigger for not stealing

speak more nonsense then.
>>
>>64022858
>yfw Kreia is reborn and Snoke is just her apprentice. She is played by Sara Kestleman.

Would this save the new trilogy?
>>
>>64022513
man dude you really cant get this simple thought in your head
THE JEDI ARE BIASED.
THEY USE THE LIGHT SIDE.
Also Yoda himslef did not make the distinction as DARK BEING EVIL ,
Im just saying that prophecy never became true because even tho sidious and anakin are dead, and anakin technically "brougth balance" to the for by killing palpatine...THERE IS STILL KYLO REN, and ll this new stuff.
Maybe thats just added on because new movies but still.

That prophecy is not as clear cut as the jedi wanted it to be

(this is a just mental masturbation to a fictional universe)
>>
>>64017653
Some of the flags outside of Maz's castle are podracer flags from episode I, a mandalorian flag, and two faction flags from The Clone Wars CGI series.
>>
How is the new cartoon show btw? What is it rebels? If it's also cannon and on par now that the first movie is out they might start giving out some clues
>>
>>64022970
>THE JEDI ARE BIASED.
>THEY USE THE LIGHT SIDE.

No, they just use the Force in a way which is complimentary to it. The Dark Side is the use of the Force in a way which is harmful to itself, hence why it is the aberration causing the imbalance like a cancer in an organism, killing it from within.

How are there people who don't understand the basics of Star Wars after forty years?
>>
>>64021222
portapotty
>>
>>64022952
>save

You mean the movie that breaking box office records and is well liked by critics and fans alike?
>>
>>64022970
Well, it said he would bring balance to the force, but it never said that shit would last until the end of time.
>>
>>64023106
Nah man its garbage because a girl is good at things
>>
>le Snoke created Anakin meme
>>
>>64023213
worst headcanon that won't go away
>>
>>64020442
The star wars christman special is more canon than the prequels.

Chewbacca had a family
>>
>>64023050
>>64023050
HOLY FUCK dude

THE NEW MOVIES ARE CANON
IM ARGUING THIS POINT

>That prophecy is not as clear cut as the jedi wanted it to be

which the entire events that occurred make it OBVIOUS THAT THAT FUCKING PROPHECY IS NOT WHAT THE JEDI THOUGHT because well
it didnt happen really.
because if your point is correct, then it makes the prophecy just some bullshit. Anakin didnt bring any real balance if you say that the dark is what makes it unbalanced.

PLEASE TELL ME YOU SEE MY POINT.
>>
>>64017979
>his yoda

Damn
>>
>since his mother said it was a virgin birth
Holy fuck, did they say this in a movie?
>>
Are there any screencaps of Snoke yet?
>>
>>64023672
yeh phantom menace
quigon and anakins mom
"who is the father"

"there was no father"
>>
>t-the prequels aren't canon
>even though they brought Ewan McGregor back to record some voice over lines for TFA
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3369977/Return-Jedi-JJ-Abrams-confirms-Yoda-Alec-Guinness-Ewan-McGregor-s-Obi-Wan-Kenobis-hidden-Force-Awakens.html
>>
>>64018312
No he's Count Dooku.
>showed up in 2 and died in 3
>Snoke showed up in 7 and will die in 8
>>
>>64023700
The movie has been out for almost a week. Why the fuck haven't you seen it yet? Are you some type of hermit neckbeard neet?

Literally every torrent site has the camrip up now anyway. There's nothing to stop you from watching it.
>>
>>64023582
Pls keep your headcanon top yourself.

Anakin brought balance to the force by wiping out the Sith. Mission accomplished, there is nothing to argue about.
>>
It'd be fucking bullshit and really shit writing if he turned out to be a character that just comes out of nowhere but is really powerful.
He needs to be a character from a previous film or someone we have heard of, so either sidious or plaugeis
>>
>>64023895
now your saying the sith is what unbalanced it?
not the dark side? (before you start, not all the dark side is made of sith)
use your brain.
>>
>>64023836

I just want a picture of him you autismal fuck. I've seen it, I just don't remember well what he looks like because I wasn't paying attention because the movie sucks
>>
File: 1359331333385.jpg (25 KB, 145x194) Image search: [Google]
1359331333385.jpg
25 KB, 145x194
>>64017771

That guy has a camel toe on his upper lip...

>somebody actually thought this looked cool
>>
>>64020395
>grand moff tarkin was a jedi
go fuck yourself
>>
>>64023895
Curing one tumor doesn't mean you can't grow another one.
>>
>>64023973
Just torrent the movie and cap it yourself retard.
>>
>>64023582
>which the entire events that occurred make it OBVIOUS THAT THAT FUCKING PROPHECY IS NOT WHAT THE JEDI THOUGHT

But they don't. The series as a whole proves the ever changing prophecy correct. Anakin destroys the Sith and brings balance to the Force.

>>64023963
Yes the Sith are what imbalance it by using the Dark Side.
>>
>>64022636
He was a rebel Jedi thrown off council because he saw the war in a vision
He ran off and tried to build the clone army to fight for the republic but tyranus had him shot down and then took over the operation
>>
If Sonke isn't Plagueis I hope they at least give him a good backstory, instead of just being some guy outta nowhere.
>>
>>64017164
Can plagueis use force lightning?
>>
>>64024033

No I wont. Fuck you.
>>
>>64024104
Exclusively from his cock
>>
>>64023963
>now your saying the sith is what unbalanced it?
I'm not, George Lucas is.
>>
>>64024104
Luke can use force lightning
>>
>>64024135
Which is actually how anakin was conceived
>>
It's the obvious thing to do to make Snoke Plagueis but at least it would make him a little more interesting than just another Level 10 Dark Jedi
>>
>>64023712
Did she actually say virgin birth? "There was no father" sounds like she got knocked up.
>>
when is it implied that Darth Plagueis was male? Plagueis could have been female. Your argument is invalid.
>>
>>64019249

You're a fucking idiot. He's mentioned in the canon Tarkin novel by name. It's him, give up.
>>
>>64024168
Anakin balanced the force by ensuring that there was only luke left, which either means luke is a gray jedi (balanced light and dark) or somewhere there is another sith that isn't Vader or sheev (snoke?)
>>
>>64024212
I know this isn't serious but I am fairly sure the term used is 'he'
>>
>>64024212
hope Disney is not reading this
>>
>>64024247
>Anakin balanced the force by ensuring that there was only luke left,
Headcanon.

>snoke
Confirmed for not Sith.

The Sith are gone, that's why JJ made up the Knights of Ren for.
>>
Serious question: is Ventress canon?
>>
>>64024264

but he's canon male so the argument is still invalid.
>>
>>64023106
>sales=quality

Shouldn't you be playing COD right now?
>>
>>64024358
yus. clone wars is canon.
>>
>>64017164
>prequel shit not just in the NT, but as the big bad
lol
>>
>>64024345
>>Anakin balanced the force by ensuring that there was only luke left,
>Headcanon.
Sorry, point out all the other force users left after return of the jedi please.
>>
>>64024392
He should be drinking coke, playing fallout 4 and tweeting on his iphone like all the other normies
>>
>>64024400
The amount of force users is irrelevant. The point of prophecy was wiping out the Sith. Which was accomplished at the end of RotJ.

If you don't like it, writer a letter to George Lucas. Or to Disney asking them to retcon it.
>>
>>64024247
only light is balance you fuck
stop pushing your fedora tipping grey jedi
>>
>>64024400

why after return of the Jedi when you say anakin balanced it by ensuring there was only luke left. He had a master which unbalances it. There was obi-wan and yoda which unbalances it. There were also CANON force users, not sith, the inquisitors, that would unbalance it. Step it up senpai
>>
>>64017745
If the Sith keep killing their knowledgeable and powerful mentors, how are they not on a perpetual power decline?
>>
>>64022403
0. Rey would have been like 6 at the time. She had been on Jakku since she was a child according to the flashback.
>>
>>64022403
Kylo is 30 and Rey is around 20. she would have been a child.
>>
>>64024212
>his apprentice killed him as he slept

Not even Not even JsJw can new his way around that one
>>
File: frodo2.jpg (23 KB, 361x361) Image search: [Google]
frodo2.jpg
23 KB, 361x361
Wait, so if Snoke does turn out to be Plagueis, couldn't that mean Rey was conceived by him fucking with the Force like he did with Anakin? Because that sure makes a lot more sense than being Luke's daughter.
>>
>>64024467
>having 100% beer and 0% lemonade makes balanced shandy
>>64024454
>The point of prophecy was wiping out the Sith.
balance: a situation in which different elements are equal or in the correct proportions.
>>64024482
>He had a master
luke's master is dead.
>There was obi-wan and yoda which unbalances it
both dead
>There were also CANON force users
disney threw out your autistic wookiepedia trash
>>
After RoTJ only luke and plageus were left. Perfectly balanced.
>>
>>64024467
>being all the way to one side is balanced
>I have an intense learning disability that doesn't let me understand what the word balanced means
>>
>>64024454
Not the guy you're replying to, I'm only just joining this conversation.

The whole prophecy thing was retarded anyway. In the OT Vader is just a fallen jedi, but the PT makes him into space jesus. Who made the prophecy anyway? George Lucas himself, because he knows what happens?
>>
>>64024571

have you seen Snoke's face? He's obviously fucked up. And he had POWER OVER LIFE ITSELF. Step it up senpai.
>>
>>64023050
>hence why it is the aberration causing the imbalance like a cancer in an organism, killing it from within.

Didn't look like it was doing Dooku, Maul or Sidious any harm
>>
>Snoke is Plageus
>He created Rey
>Force Awakens is a clone of A New Hope
>New Star wars comes out
>Snoke: Rey, I am your father

Its like poverty
>>
>>64024690

The dark side can lead to some abilities that many consider unnatural.
>>
>>64024680
its just a prophecy from a certain point of view
>>
>>64023582
>>64023050

Rey is going to be the real chosen one. It's obvious
>>
>>64024706
>all died because of their Sithery

Okay.

But that's not what I said anyway, I said that the Dark Side is the cancer within the Force. Also the Force user, but the important part is the Force.
>>
>>64024631
this guy knows whats up. Snoke/Plagueis want Kylo to kill all the remaining Jedi, then Snoke himself per sith tradition. Kylo (mentioned in the novelization) is the perfect balance of light and dark.
>>
>>64024620
>the force is booze
The light side is harmony, the dark side is chaos.
Using the light side goes with the force, the dark side against it.

Even if you disagree with this, the prophecy is a Jedi one so they view balance as light side only.

But don't take my word for it, here's a quote from George Lucas.
>Which brings us up to the films 4, 5, and 6, in which Anakin's offspring redeem him and allow him to fulfill the prophecy where he brings balance to the Force by doing away with the Sith and getting rid of evil in the universe...

A stable region doesn't have equal parts war and peace, just peace. (Gross oversimplification but I think you need one.)
>>
>>64024620
>balance: a situation in which different elements are equal or in the correct proportions.

Complain to George Lucas, not me. He used it as homeostasis. As in the Sith are the cancer upon the force, and wiping it out brings back balance to the body.

>>64024680
>The whole prophecy thing was retarded anyway.
Well I agree, but George Lucas wanted to make a "saga" about Vader. So he came up with the prophecy bullshit to tie in the events of the OT to the PT.

The truth is, it's just an excuse to elevate Vader and focus the PT on him, since his toy sells really well.
>>
>>64024620

but Rebels is canon you autistic fuck. do some fucking research or continue to make yourself sound retarded on a chinese imageboard.
>>
>>64021442

Sheev is easier to type than Palpatine or Sidious or The Emperor.

And it speaks to my inner shitposter.
>>
>>64024768
George lucas obviously doesn't know what balance is
>A stable region doesn't have equal parts war and peace, just peace.
Yes, a stable region. Not balanced though, well done for adding that completely irrelevant tripe.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.