[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Trek: Into Darkness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: xN3ueLKyE5uR8IrhQPvxHX8gIgE.jpg (176 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
xN3ueLKyE5uR8IrhQPvxHX8gIgE.jpg
176 KB, 1000x1500
Where were you when you realized that even Into Darkness was a much better film than TFA?
>>
>>64012326
I never cared to watch it, not even what's his name could make me
>>
>>64012326
I was watching TFA on December 18th 2015
>>
>pretend to like nutrek
>get attention

I guess there's a "watchmen was brilliant" thread up next?
>>
>>64012409
nutrek is good if you pretend the show doesn't exist

tfa is shit regardless
>>
>>64012326
i was transwarping across the galaxy desu
>>
STID was a better movie than idiot trekkies give it credit for

the whole point of the movie was that Wrath of Khan ruined Star Trek by turning it into militaristic fantasy, a notion that Gene Roddenberry would have approved of 100%. JJ Abrams also basically says that Kirk, not Spock, should have been the one to die to fulfill that film's themes about running from death. At the end of the movie, Star Trek manages to have its cake and eat it too- by simultaneously putting Khan away and admitting that the franchise can't go backwards by having Kirk absorb Khan into his own blood, Star Trek is finally free to return to Utopian space exploration with the commencement of the five year mission.

of course, Beyond will probably fuck this up. But it was a nice sentiment and allowed me to let the nonsense of the supersoldiers in the missiles slide.
>>
>>64013298
i fail to see why did wok militarize star trek desu
>>
>>64013440
Star Trek was never so overtly naval before Wrath of Khan. It's basically a submarine movie in space. Even the episode that WoK is closest to tonally and structurally, The Balance of Terror, is less overtly militaristic.

Roddenberry hated the naval atmosphere of Wrath of Khan and told Paramount as such. "I think they did a pretty good job. A brilliant job? In making Star Trek work in a motion picture, possibly yes. In finding a way to stay true to Star Trek values, definitely not."
>>
File: 64616843.gif (613 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
64616843.gif
613 KB, 160x160
>>64012326
>Into Darkness was a much better film than TFA
>>
>>64013837
i guess you have a point, but i think this was bound to happen regardless with the appearance of new special efects... i mean, in a series with spaceships battles are allways going to come up sooner or later and when they do it is normal they take the naval-ish tone (because writers are not physiscist and cannot exploit the true magnificence of a battle in space (which they do btw in the expanse)
>>
>>64013298
I'm pretty optimistic towards Beyond desu

among all the capeshit out there right now, somehow the Star Trek reboot and its sequels managed to be left alone from all this disney marvel culture. These movies don't rely on pathetic engineered meme quips, they have natural charm and energy thanks to the well picked cast.

who knows though, maybe Beyond will also fall victim to this trend
>>
>>64012326
i was fucking your mom at her home
>>
>>64012326
STID was garbage
Guardians of the Galaxy was a much better Star Wars.
>>
>>64014141
Into Darkness was better than Reddit of the Galaxy though

so by that logic it's also a better Star Wars
>>
>>64012409
this is like some next level shitposting, especially this fuckin guy >>64013298

after the watchmen thread we can get the ball rolling on a david "oh no" russell appreciation
>>
>>64014303
>david "oh no" russell appreciation

nah he never makes anything even remotely fun to look at
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.