[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shit normies say
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: devils-advocate-560.jpg (33 KB, 560x330) Image search: [Google]
devils-advocate-560.jpg
33 KB, 560x330
>________ just plays himself/herself
>>
Keanu Reeves just plays himself.
>>
>Remember that guy who would always be on his computer. What was his name again?
>Who cares
>>
>>64012289
michael cera
>>
RDJ
>>
File: 1427088399563.jpg (70 KB, 700x400) Image search: [Google]
1427088399563.jpg
70 KB, 700x400
>You look remind me of that guy, Sheldon!
>>
>it's a shit show, i didn't like any of the characters
>>
>>64012289

>i like show, the women are so hot
>>
>>64012488
this is literally most of the reasoning on /tv/
>>
>Watching a movie made before 2000? Are you crazy?
>>
>>64012488
Nothing wrong with this
Enjoying a show for some specific reason is different than claiming it's technically good
>>
>It doesn't know if it wants to be a horror or a comedy!
>>
>I liked the cinematography

biggest pleb red flag
>>
>>64012839
it is known
but yeah seriously, fuck
>>
>>64012839
what are you supposed to say?
>>
>>64012289

>Implying Sam L Jackson doesn't just play himself.

Literally the best actor with 0 range
>>
File: Time_to_kill_poster.jpg (23 KB, 290x437) Image search: [Google]
Time_to_kill_poster.jpg
23 KB, 290x437
>>64013058
A Time To Kill disagrees with you. You've clearly only seen his meme films.
>>
>>64013058
That's the point. It may be a legitmate criticism if the actor only acts a certain way in all his roles, but "acting like himself" by itself is the best acting. It's so natural that you don't know if the actor is really acting or not. And you can't really know if the actor is just "being himself"

"Playing yourself" is only a legitimate criticism if you act the same way in every role, but that can happen even if you play roles totally different than your personality (Johnny Depp plays the same role everytime, but he's not like that in real life)
>>
>>64013288
he seems pretty eccentric irl tb.h
>>
>>64012559

if you're a fucking faggot maybe
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.