[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Costume Designer Should Be Thrown Off a Roof
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: star-wars-the-force-awakens.jpg (70 KB, 475x600) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-the-force-awakens.jpg
70 KB, 475x600
Why are the costumes in this more so bad? Somehow each outfit manages to be more boring then than last.

>inb4 "enough of the Stair Wars"

I want to talk about how bad the costumes were because no else seems to be doing so.
>>
set design was great because its done by harry potter crew. hate the movie but set design was better than hobbit.

fact I dont remember one thing about wardrobe means they played it very safe. I kinda expected better armour and more different storm troopers. its been 30 years. they are more mercenaries now and they are no longer clones.

also sith are cooler in force unleashed with multiple sabers hanging around the waist and bitchin armor pieces and cool helmets
>>
I have no idea what you mean, Rey's outfit is really fucking cool.
>>
>>64011426
>cool
>she is showing almost 0 flesh.
>>
File: Bastila-shan.png (93 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
Bastila-shan.png
93 KB, 300x400
>>64010549
they couldn't even copy bastila right

at least give her some ankle supporting boots instead of those desert UGGs
>>
File: 52h23532.jpg (57 KB, 470x600) Image search: [Google]
52h23532.jpg
57 KB, 470x600
>>
>>64010549
They look the same as all the other fucking Star Wars costumes
>>
>>64011426
Mark my words, it will be a classic.

Still, I'm waiting for an equivalent of slave bikini on her. Or at least Padme's tight white costume. For some extra female empowerment of course.
>>
File: image.jpg (218 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218 KB, 1200x800
>>64010549
>I'm a contrarian so I have to find obscure things to complain about because most people agree this was a good movie in almost all aspects!
>>
>>64010549
I liked the new stormtroopers and Solo was alright but that's about it. The other costumes looked cheap, I think it's because of the fabric.

It kinda fits for Rey as she pretty much is a space hobo but they need to find something better for the sequel.
Also am I the only one who thought Kylo kinda looked goofy, as if he was wearing a bathrobe? I think he needed shorter robes and more pieces of armor or something.
>>
>>64012104
I like the way her drapey top thing gives you glimpses of her tighter undershirt clinging to her petite bosom.
>>
>>64012104
If she's so poor and a scavenger does she really still shave? She has to lick her bowl like a disgusting Brit but she still shaves?
>>
>>64012340
she's ugly enough. the least they could do is have her shave.
>>
>>64011250
They stopped being clones years before episode 4.
>>
I like her Jedi clothes.
>>
>>64012195
yeah, his robes looked like they were made of burlap and nomex and entirely too big for him.Everyone needs a sleeker design for the sequel.
>>
>>64010549
The outfit's fine, a little cliche, feels like a game illustration circa 2011 with the silly sleeve bandages.
What really got me was the way she walks with the staff behind her arm, putting all its weight on her instead of any of her weight on it. That is not what you do if you carry a giant metal chunk everywhere, unless you live in a video game.
>>
>>64010549
>costume designer should be thrown off a roof
Jesus man don't you have a resident evil movie to direct?
>>
File: 1450859221266.jpg (215 KB, 1280x538) Image search: [Google]
1450859221266.jpg
215 KB, 1280x538
>>64010549
Costume design was great imo. What didn't you like?

All the fits on the rebels were especially good and the order officers were nice too even if were literally slimmed down SS uniforms this time you really can't go wrong with that.

Han killed it esp his parka on starkiller.
Rey's last fit was hnnnng
>>
I actually thought Kylo's sith robes were better than all previous dark side guys. I also liked how to some extent his robes mirrored Rey's desert outfit with the two bits going down the sides. Then in the final fight she cuts one of them off with the saber before defeating him.

There's plenty of fun small things that i enjoyed about the film, more than the broad strokes that are pretty generic
>>
>>64011462
Exposed flesh is exactly the opposite of what you want in a desert you fucktard
>>
Like everything else in this movie: uninspired and safe
>>
Okay, but those calves are great.
>>
>>64015272
This tbqh. It's basically a 2 hour ad for toys
>>
>>64015335
how come there aren't more ships then huh

what am I even going to buy lego of
>>
File: 1450550949474.jpg (406 KB, 1440x593) Image search: [Google]
1450550949474.jpg
406 KB, 1440x593
>>64010549
its clear the designers had a few mandatory directives for this movie:

1) make designs that remind people of the OG trilogy
2) don't add anything new
3) absolutely do not forget about point 1)

so what did you get?
rey - uninspired desert robes (half jedi half tatooine)
finn - basically luke with his yellow jacket at the end of ep. 4
poe - obvious
kylo ren - darth vader but with robes instead of armor

just look at this picture of the aliens from the not-cantina...everyone in basically tatooine/desert planet garb but they are supposed to be on a water/forest planet.
>>
>>64016160
Why did Kylo even have a mask? My only guess is that hes basically a sith weaboo that cosplays as his favourite anime cha- sith lord Darth Vader.
>>
>>64010549
I like it, plus it's pretty fuckable.
>>
>>64010549
She has the ugliest legs I've ever seen on a slim woman.
>>
>>64016288
The movie had a lot of old republic vibe to it in design and I liked it. That is probably the only reason Kylo had a mask like that in addition to intimidation purposes.
>>
>>64016288

Because the actor is ass ugly and was a poor casting choice.
>>
>>64016502
>>64016302
So what? It's like you haven't learned anything from the movie.

Stop objectifying women. Their bodies aren't there for your amusement.
>>
>>64016633
Actually womens bodies are made for mens amusement. If that wasnt the case then why do girls take so many selfies and wear leggings and short shorts?
>>
>>64010549
I think you mean concept artists. But it's not even their fault really. It ultimately comes down to the director who tells the art director what he's looking for and then the concept artists churn out a ton of variations and random ideas and the AD/Director decide on what works and what to pursue next until it's something they like.
>>
>>64016288
He prays to Vader-senpai.
>>
>>64016701
yes, i think most people should understand this point

the art departments are effectively monkeys wth typewriters...they are tasked with just making tons and tons of designs and the producer/director/whoever decides on which direction to go in, then they iterate again.

If you look at most "Art of" books, you can see just how many designs are created and scrapped because someone else (not the artist) decided what they thought was best
>>
>>64016633
>Their bodies aren't there for your amusement.
Wrong. Their bodies have evolved to attract potential breeding partners. The ones which attract the best mates are the ones which are most evolved.
>>
>>64010549
>2015
>not liking rey's exposed armpits
>>
>>64010549
>I want to talk about how bad the costumes were because no else seems to be doing so.
for good reason there was absolutely nothing wrong with the costumes
>>
>>64016288
>My only guess is that hes basically a sith weaboo that cosplays as his favourite anime cha- sith lord Darth Vader.
that's basically it and it's fairly obvious that thats the reason
>>
>>64017024
>Their bodies have evolved to attract potential breeding partners.
you know star wars is set in the past, right?
>>
>>64016683
>>64017024
>found the neckbeards

opressing women isn't egdy or cool, it's just retrograde behavior. please stop
>>
>>64016288
because he wants to be like senpai vader
>>
>>64017365
You're right, it's 2015 for fuck's sake! We should let women run things. Their opinions on pop culture are so valuable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Igf96qnjHTE
>>
>>64017500
there is literally no reason for this video to exist.

did they make it just to make me mad?
>>
>>64017629
Nah, they made up a reason for themselves to be angry, litterally none of the situations they describe has ever happened.
>>
>>64017365
Here's your reply.
>>
>>64017629
>did they make it just to make me mad?

That's generally what clickbait is for, yes.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.