[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk about this character? Such a waste >Cast that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10
File: untitled.jpg (64 KB, 860x500) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
64 KB, 860x500
Can we talk about this character? Such a waste

>Cast that tall "girl" from Game of Thrones
>Give kickass costume
>Expect a kickass fight or something
>She gets a gun held up onto her head and thrown into the trash
>>
Phasma did nothing wrong
>>
>>64005732
>There are people who saw TFA and like Phasma more than TR-8R, who literally fid more than her in the film.
>>
>>64005732
>and thrown into the trash
off screen
>>
the scenes with the talking grandma orange and the monsters were more important than your waifu
>>
was only a character to make a chrome stormtrooper action figure, and then they cast a strong independent womyn to appeal to the huge GoT crowd which is 90% women
>>
>>64005763
Phasma did nothing*
>>
>>64005732
because like the first order,she isnt ready yet but she should have been at TRAITOR place. i guess she was just a tease for the next movies.
>>
File: seinfeld_on_stage.png (1 MB, 1356x748) Image search: [Google]
seinfeld_on_stage.png
1 MB, 1356x748
>Phasma seems to be portrayed as the top Stormtrooper
>immediately caves when ambushed
>>
>>64005800
>that fucking orange grandma alien got more screen time than Carrie Fisher's hot as fuck daughter
0/10 fuck this movie
>>
File: penn.jpg (85 KB, 334x500) Image search: [Google]
penn.jpg
85 KB, 334x500
>female stormtrooper
>>
>>64006110
TR-8R was fucking awesome because he was just a nameless stormtrooper who happens to be able to kick a Jedi's ass
>>
>>64005732
in episode VIII she ll kick finn's ass
>>
If she was TR-8R (taking his place, not literally being him) and had the badass baton fight with Finn before being killed or injured by a boltcaster shot that would have been a better use of her character than one "my day-manager is a dick" scene and another "sticking it to my dick manager" scene.
>>
File: 1450514139632.gif (75 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
1450514139632.gif
75 KB, 180x180
I forget, did TR-8R get killed or just neutralized? If there's a chance he's still alive, Disney would be a real fool not to bring him back for a 1v1 against Finn.

Forget Phasma.
>>
>>64006171
>expect her to send a message discreetly when she's on the computer
>YOU'LL NEVER GET AWAY WITH THIS
>INTO THE TRASH
>>
>>64006110
exactly,
people don't realize they want to make her the next bubbafag and be in all the movies and sell sell sell toys
>>
>>64006239
I wish she'd manage my dick.
>>
File: AP249401562008.jpg (138 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
AP249401562008.jpg
138 KB, 950x534
Isn't she a bit tall to be a Stormtrooper?
>>
>>64006227
Beating up a janitor isn't too impressive really.
>>
>>64006211
There were two female troopers. One actually did her job giving Ren an update. I like to call her Update Girl
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1242x2208
True hero of the movie
>>
>>64005732
duck tales woo hoo
>>
>>64006301
Why do they even need janitors when they have droids?
>>
>>64006239
The reason why he got so popular is because the scene was so random and out of nowhere

If it had been Phasma, people would just acknowledge the fight between two characters everyone expected to fight, it would be just another scene
>>
>>64005800
>grandma orange

love it
>>
>>64006243
He got blown away by a laser bolt to the chest. Maybe?
>>
>>64006362
"Why are they still using paper when we've got computers?"
>>
>>64005732
You're kidding yourself if you don't think this was all set up for a Rey vs Kylo, Finn vs Phasma plot
>>
>>64006362
Are black people even less than a droid?
>>
>>64006346
You own the hero? You are not traytor
>>
File: 1420937645785.png (312 KB, 640x592) Image search: [Google]
1420937645785.png
312 KB, 640x592
>if she didn't lower the shields starkiller would've done it's job and the Resistance headquarters would've been wiped out
>promoting a female officer doomed the First Order
>>
>>64006362
people are cheaper in most cases
>>
Everyone thought Phasma was gon be boba fett sjw version but really she was the "You rebel scum!" officer of the new series. /tv/ btfo
>>
>>64006225
best troomper by far.
>>64006395
this
>>64006412
she will be like that guy that failed Vader so many time but still lived.
>>
>>64006225
FINN IS NOT A JEDI
>>
>>64006389
Ren survived it with no armor. TR8-T0R will return.
>>
File: 1450384699376.png (38 KB, 500x498) Image search: [Google]
1450384699376.png
38 KB, 500x498
>>64006243
>yfw TR-8R toys sell more than Phasma
>yfw this becomes his canon name like Derpy hooves and DJ P0N3
>>
WOW AMAZING MOVIE BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME GREAT SUCCESS AT BOX OFFICE

Fuck America
>>
>>64006393
Old people

Also harder to coubterfeit
>>
>>64006435
But droids would do it for free.
>>
>>64006719
That isn't true yet
Just yesterday I went to 3 different Targets. No Phasma Black Series but they had Finns and Traytor/Poes up the ass.
>>
>>64005732
Gotta push new toy and highlight your female cast I guess
Part of me wonders if they put out so much info about her because otherwise the audience would be wondering why the chrome stormtrooper is such a weird sounding man
She'll be back in VIII
>>
>>64006719
>implying toy sales have anything to do with how the characters were in the movie
>>
>>64006635
Whoa. When you realize how the bowcaster got TR-8R BTFO... literally flew away. That Kylo took that kind of hit, right to the dick, really makes his following battle impressive.
>>
If Phasma comes back, which is more than likely, and she ends up wielding the TR-8R baton in a legit fight could she be redeemed?
What if JarJar Abrams pushes it further and continues to use her as a comedic goofy character that continues to fuck things up and get shit on throughout the series?
>>
>>64006936
he got grazed. he kept hitting the wound like a maniac though.
>>
>>64006958
Phasma dual wielding batons would be great.
>>
>>64006958
>If Phasma comes back, which is more than likely, and she ends up wielding the TR-8R baton in a legit fight could she be redeemed?
hell yeah.plus jarjar wont direct the rest of the trilogy.i like his style of visuals but hes an hack.
>>64006962
>he kept hitting the wound like a maniac though.
driver was great
>>
>>64006412
Seriously. If she had stalled them for just a minute more they would have won. But no she immediately caves.
>>
>TR-8R will take off his helmet
>He'll be black or asian
>>
>>64006553
Finn can be a Jedi if he wants! What next? You're going to say a transsexual male can't be a female because he wasn't born that way!? Fuck you, Trump supporter.
>>
File: 1448476214643.jpg (14 KB, 522x464) Image search: [Google]
1448476214643.jpg
14 KB, 522x464
>>64005732

biggest fucking coward in the entire series.

>"hey lower the shields and let our fighters kill your 1,000,000,000,000 comrades, or else we'll kill you"
>immediately 100% cooperative

is there really no "death before dishonor" mentality in The First Order? are we expected to believe that a ranking officer (Captain) in this megalomaniacal Space Fascist army was more inclined to throw under the bus the First Order's inevitable domination of the galaxy with the Starkiller, along with the entire population of the planet-sized and evidently fully-manned base, simply because she didn't want to die? If she hadn't done that, victory for the First Order was 100% guaranteed.

why the fuck did a Captain in the infantry have the authority or know-how to disable the defensive field of an entire fucking planet, anyway? what are the odds that the shields were controlled by a single control panel within walking distance of the landing point of the Millennium Falcon? the Empire in ROTJ had the good sense to hide the shield generator on an adjacent planet with a Legion of elite troops guarding it, and that was for a base that was still under construction. even Ben Kenobi had to do more work than that just to disable the tractor beam in A New Hope.

why the fuck was Starkiller so easy to destroy, anyway? all it took was the destruction of like a football-field sized portion of the surface, and the entire planet exploded. what a massive step backwards from the 2nd Death Star which was to be indestructible upon completion, and the 1st Death Star which only had a single miniscule weak point.

everything concerning Starkiller Base was beyond Prequel levels of retarded, people are just too caught up in the hype to realize it yet, I think.
>>
The problem is she looks really cool when all she is in the movie is an asshole boss. But what she really comes across as is a fucking amazing boss who has to personally keep track of literally every single Storm Trooper's life and training. Its fucking ridiculous to me that she would cave in like that so easily. Maybe if they were actual rebel soldiers but the fact is its some incompetent retard storm trooper and old man, not only that but they weren't giving her their undivided attention and she could of shot them. So long as she comes back and does something cool i'll be happy. Still buying her toy.
>>
>does virtually nothing but looks cool and mysterious

just like boba fet
>>
>>64005732
Is Phasma going to be brutal in destroying Finn?

Mask off Breanne of tarth shit?
>>
>>64005732
Whole movie felt like a wast.
I felt blue balled after seeing it.
All the potential for a decent film was there-Han, Chewie, the millennium falcon, a fairly interesting villain, decent lead actors. They just couldn't pull it off.
Everything just felt really bland. Character Development was forced, The plot was completely derivative, and the main character felt like a card board stand-in.
>>
>>64006243
If it anything like the Stormtrooper armor from the original trilogy then he was just left incapacitated. They would survive long enough to receive medical treatment.
>>
>>64005732
Having not seen the movie but read countless complaints, here's what I think.

The first order is massively incompetent. It's a gross approximation of the empire, with a poor man's vader, rampaging storm troopers and idealistic but incapable commanding officers.

Phasma, like Kylo Ren, is a coward. She's used to having a horde of stormtroopers at her back and she's only a badass because she knows how to order troopers in front of her to take a bullet.

I like Gwendolyn Christie. I think she's a good actress, and the idea of her kneading my balls with the heel of her foot is pretty great, so I think there's more to her than 'that total pussy who lost the 3rd death star'. I think, as a coward (like Kylo Ren) she prioritized her own life without really considering the consequences of her actions.
>>
>>64009051
If this was elaborated on more and she was an actual character it would be cool but she just comes off as a silent badass who is in charge of everything so it doesn't work as well as you're describing
>>
>>64005732
She was the focus of one of the trailers as well. Kind of laughable that she amounted to jack shit
>>
>>64008061
>implying he won't be an evil white man, blue eyes blonde hair
>>
>>64008783
Boba Fett actually shot his gun.
>>
She will be back and eager for revenge. They wouldn't just throwaway a cool character like that.
>>
File: riot trooper.gif (1 MB, 500x209) Image search: [Google]
riot trooper.gif
1 MB, 500x209
>>64005766
Yes. Yes there are people like that.
They're called traitors.
>>
>>64005732

She should have replaced TR-8R (but not die)
>>
>Indoctrinated for decades to give everything to the empire, even your life if you have to.
>Gives up immediately on literally the most important mission of her life, where dying would have been the correct choice.

Shit-tier waste of a character, who couldn't even get thrown into the trash on-screen.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.