[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
guys..
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
File: starwars2.jpg (130 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
starwars2.jpg
130 KB, 600x450
I think Star Wars is a pretty cool gril, seh scavenges, climbs and scales stuff, repairs spaceships, speaks droid, don't need no man to save her, flies spaceships, speaks wookie, shoots blasters, has visions of the past, uses mind trick, reads minds, fights with lightsabers, and doesn't afraid of anything
>>
hi
>>
>>64005640

Star Wars a qt
>>
>>64005640
how does she know hoe to use jedi mind tricks and the force to retrieve the lightsaber with no prior training or knowledge whatsoever?
>>
>>64005713

She had training as a kid. She read Kylo's mind.
>>
File: reeeeeee.jpg (8 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeee.jpg
8 KB, 325x325
>>64005713

>be me
>be almost certain she was some kind of trained jedi with erased memories and stuck on jakku
>JJ literally eliminates this by showing flashback of her being abandoned there as a little girl..
>>
>>64005713
She had training as a knight of ren(Kylo recognizes her and calls her a traitor), she got mindwiped and left on Jakku for reasons that will be divulged in the sequels
>>
>>64005760

He validated it dude. Wasn't Jakku but who cares?
>>
>>64005760
>>JJ literally eliminates this by showing flashback of her being abandoned there as a little girl..
Classic red herring, could mean a bunch of different thing, including false memory
>>
>>64005772

so she's rey ren?
>>
>>64005713
With the several KOTOR references and that apparently JJ is a KOTOR fan I'm assuming her mind was wiped.
>>
>>64005799
She probably had a tryhard name while she was with them

Who knows if Rey is even her real name
>>
>>64005713
Obi-Wan Kenobi comes to her in her dreams and teaches her about the Force.
>>
>>64005795

false memory in an otherwise prophetic vision?
>>
>>64005760
I think she was around the same age as the kids in TCW who went to get their kyber crystals and they had some degree of Force training. Remember that the Jedi start the training when they're very young as the kids won't have preconceived notions about the universe.
>>
>>64005772
see
>>64005760
>>
>>64005857

if she was trained from like 4-6 then literally stopped.. no way she can be THAT fucking good at everything
>>
>>64005772
He called Finn a traitor you autist
>>
>>64005772

He called finn the traitor you fucking dipshit. He doesn't recognize rey
>>
MARY
>>
HAD
>>
CANCER
>>
>>64005726
>She had training as a kid.

Bullshit. She doesn't even have an education. She didn't even know there were world's in the galaxy other then Jakku which had plants rather then being deserted shitholes. No education and no training. She didn't even know Luke Skywalker existed. She thought him and the jedi were literally myths.
>>
>>64005899
Realistically yes but I doubt they care much for that level of realism.
>>
I DO feel like her impulse to stay on jakku and wait, is very much like a hypnotic suggestion

she's otherwise mature enough to have given up childhood hopes that her parents were coming back..
>>
>>64005902
>>64005930
No. Read the novel.
>>
>>64006109
Are the novels considered canon? I thought they weren't because they often conflict.
>>
She's the clone of a female Jedi. That's why she went into "unlock powers and skills" mode. Luke created himself a daughterfu/heir by using genetic material he found in an old Jedi temple.

He later found out that that Jedi was actually a Sith. That's why he left her on Jakku, a place where she wouldn't be able to learn the Force and risk being corrupted.

In the novel (more canon than anything else put by Disney thus far), there's a dark presence in her head that talks to her during the fight with Kylo, urging her to kill.
>>
File: ani.jpg (56 KB, 342x342) Image search: [Google]
ani.jpg
56 KB, 342x342
>>64006109

>eh's already buying into the "new" EU
>>
>>64006129
The TFA novel is considred Ultra Canon by Disney. More so than the rest of the stuff they put out. It's the definitive take on the events of the movie. They did this so that other writers don't contradict the things thay have set up for SW8&9.
>>
>>64006286
I need to get that then.
>>
>>64006230
Cloning doesn't work that way.
>>
>>64006060

also i should add, she's grown up and knows she has to skills to steal a starship and fly it away at any moment, how come she never got the idea to go out and look for her parents..
>>
>>64006356

I wouldn't be surprised, it does in The Island
JJ and Michael Bay are like two peas in a pod at this point..
>>
File: whoa.jpg (92 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
whoa.jpg
92 KB, 400x400
what if snoke is mind controlling everyone?

like, he made han chewy and luke run away too (and who knows how many other rebels)

how else could he essentially rebuild the empire after the rebels victory in rotj?
>>
>>64005799
lets name the knights of Ren
Ill start
Mary Sue Ren
>>
>>64005640
Worst character in the movie by a large margin desu senpai
>>
>>64006739
Ma-Ree Soo Ren
>>
>>64006230

midichlorians don't pick sides

anakin would have remained a jedi if kept him away from sheev and girls..
>>
>>64005809
this

i even cought the moment as she "battle meditates".

rey=bastila
>>
File: q.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
q.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
>>64006939

>battle meditates
>>
>>64007009
>uses battle meditation
>>
>>64007030

WHAT IS THAT?
>>
>>64006939
She even has a staff and Bastilla fights with the staff saber. She also goes evil for a time. Mark my words, this trilogy will be KOTOR. Luke was looking for the first Jedi Temple for information on the Star Forge.
>>
>>64007056
What it is is incredibly OP.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_meditation
>>
>>64007056
skill from a SW game.
"power boost".
>>
>>64007142

I already tried reading that, i don't speak geek

got half way down the page and still have no fucking idea
>>
>>64007184
>Battle meditation was a Force ability that considerably boosted the morale, stamina, and overall battle prowess of an individual's allies while simultaneously reducing the opposition's combat-effectiveness by eroding their will to fight.

LITERALLY the first information line.
>>
>>64007162

I don't remeber her meditating at any time in the fight

Obiwan and Quigon did that while they were waiting for laser doors right?
>>
>>64007119
this SW run is gaming run
>Finn Looks like character from Jedi Academy
>Poe is definitely a part of Rogue Squadron
>Rey is Bastilla from KOTOR
>Kylo is Starkiller from Force Unleashed
they used some shots that are derived directly from gaming
>e.g han,fin, chewie approaching starkiller base

who will be the kyle katarn?
>>
>>64007218
>I don't remeber her meditating at any time in the fight
i can make a cap from this shitty cam...
but try to remember as she fought kylo, when she closes her eyes and music starts playing and power boost occures
>>
>>64007260
Someone who will be introduced in the next episode.

>yfw Disney saw that some people didn't like them throwing out the EU so they're attempting to canonize certain things or at least come as close as they can to it

They did say they'd do it.
>>
>>64007211

you're talking in video game buff terms

we're talking about fucking rey in the movie

demonstrate to me how she used it

i didn't see no rotating glowy thing over han and chewie and finns heads
>>
>>64007302

oh so she negative buffed kylo you mean?

i'm pretty sure we're meant to believe he was hindered by the FUCKING BOWCASTER BOLT IN HIS SIDE
>>
>>64007313
She closed her eyes for four seconds and then unleashed her power.
>>
>>64007313
I'm not the one who said she Battle Meditated, just the one who explained what it was. That being said if she did you wouldn't see any icons because that's strictly there for the player to see that the characters got buffed. The characters themselves wouldn't see it because it wouldn't be there.
>>
>>64007308
i actually never touched anything of the eu except of games.
and i think this is the point
they're far more popular than books or comics.

and parallels with gaming are more and more appearing as i think about it
>>
File: lucy.jpg (163 KB, 1200x1000) Image search: [Google]
lucy.jpg
163 KB, 1200x1000
I think you guys are really stretching with shit you WANT to be true

for all we know JJ's biggest inspiration for Rey was pic related
>>
>>64007439
Yeah I only played the games. Thought what few EU books I read were fucking terrible so I just didn't even bother with that anymore.
>>
>>64005640
I bet she has cute little nipples, too
>>
File: FAGGOTS.png (270 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
FAGGOTS.png
270 KB, 1024x768
>>64007349
>this scene
>>
>>64007554

forgot it already

wheres webm guy when you need him
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.