[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So was this movie shitting on beaners
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 6
File: Ant-Man_Poster_Cropped.png (2 MB, 1901x3036) Image search: [Google]
Ant-Man_Poster_Cropped.png
2 MB, 1901x3036
Or praising them?
>>
I don't know why this is a topic for you or how you developed it in your head
>>
>>63996992
Well they had the beaner as one of the main characters. And there was that scene with the other ones. Basically I think Marvel is portraying them all of them as criminals
>>
>>63997016
But the beaner was the best thing about the entire movie.
And the main character is a white thief.
Also even though they're all thieves they are still the protagonists and shown in a positive light
>>
It's racist, but as a beaner myself who isn't 3rd or 4th generation "muh heritage", I'm not offended.

We got more black super heros right now in MCU universe than beaners. The few beaners we have are half black or black. I think to me i find that more offensive because Marvel is trying to lump up all minorities into one ethnic hero archetype.
>>
>>63996853
I...what?
>>
>>63997204
why does hollywood hate beanbros so much? los angeles is filled with them and they still aren't in movies very often.
>>
Neither, the latino guy was just a character who was used largely as comic relief in a non pejorative way. Get off 4chan and stop seeing everything in a race war, there's more to life than just race.
>>
>>63997290
hollywood also hates asians
at least asian men anyway, they're portrayed as beta and nerdy all the time, except jackie chan but that was years ago
>>
>>63996853

I think making him artsy was their way of trying to break the mold and be funny at the same time.

I mean the ant man is basically a pussy, so it is funny all the way around
>>
>>63997323
Probably because there's no brownguilt. Unlike Blacks, you don't have this cloud of guilt hanging over you labeled "reparations" that makes you have to put them in everything or else risk another LA riot.

That's why Asians are misrepresented too, despite decades of Asian slavery on the railroad system, or the Japanese internment camps. They don't laud it over the whites like Jews and Blacks do.
>>
>>63997204

Beanerfag here as well. I don't think it was racist at all, there was never a part in the movie where they made fun of directly or indirectly as a result of his race. And as far as there not being enough of us as main characters I myself don't really care and I don't think many latinos care either. We don't cry about this kind of shit as much as blacks or women, which is why we don't get pandered as much.
>>
>>63997323
This is true,Maybe its because Rain failed so hard as an action hero? At Least Asians have "Into the Badlands" and "Fresh Off The Boat" now; while the last Hispanic American sitcom I can think of was Cristella/The George lopez show and the Last Action show featuring hispanics was fucking CHIPS.
>>
>>63997467

Isn't Oscar latino though?

I mean maybe you guys should whine, so we can get more
>>
>>63997521

Telenovella just came out on nbc so it has like 5 episodes before it gets canceled
>>
>>63997554
Not fully.If he was full hispanic he would deffinitley not be as famous as he is.
>>
>>63997467
It's racist because it follows specific stereotypes, whether positive or negative it's a stereotype and thus racist.

I'm not offended by it, but I recognize it for what it is. Even if it's not being made fun of it's still racist. I just don't give a shit, I make racists jokes all the time about my own culture, other people's and other races.

Hispanics and Latinos are incredibly racists themselves, and nationalistic too much like Asians are.

The thing is, we don't try and sugar coat it and we don't hold back because someone will get offended. The hispanics and latinos that I do see get offended are usually 3rd generation and older who feel offended for a culture they've lost touch with generations ago.
>>
>>63997577
Hopefully not,I'm surprised jane the virgin has lasted as long as it has.
>>
>>63997655

It is perfect girl how and network has basically turned itself into capeshit central so it keeps their original fanbase
>>
>>63997554

From the big blockbusters of the year Oscar Isaac and Michelle Rodriguez were the only prominent latinos, and Oscar is light enough to pass off as white. As for whining a little more, I would prefer that they'd hire latinos because they're talented and wanted(Lubezki, Inarritu for example) than to hamfist them so as to not hurt my feelings.
>>
>>63997676
Makes sense.I wish they dumped as much money as they did for Blackish,The Goldbergs and Fresh Off The Boat into Cristela,it could have been really good.
>>
>>63997721
I agree but it does seem a little strange that Latins are almost a majority (and are in some places) yet the media suggest the oppisite,its quite jarring tbqh.Its even stranger since latin women are the most avid film goers and no one is really trying to market to them.I can't tell if thats super insulting or awesome that latinas don't give a shit about who is starring in the film.
>>
>>63997923

Blacks vote upwards of 90 percent for democrats, they're a guaranteed average. If I had to bank on an argument, I would say it has to do with money and politics, and through those things creates an agenda

There is a large conservative faction of latinos and it will only grow.
>>
>>63998038
I can't wait.
>>
>>63998038

Latinos are very fucking conservative but the right fucked up and has been alienating them more and more with their rhetoric.
>>
>>63998104

primary voters are xenophobic, but considering the influence latinos have already within republican party, it'll grow. They'll be the answer to black problem that they have.

I mean it isn't like Rubio is going to be going away
>>
>>63998104
>>63998038
Latinos are socially conservative but they want liberal social programs like welfare, social security benefits, medicaid/medicare, etc.

Democrats can't reach them because of religious conflicts, and Republicans can't reach them because of immigration and social programs control.

Latinos are fucking stupid to defend illegal immigration but that's another debate all together. I don't think they'll get too much representation in movies because they're too focused on illegal immigration to care about the beaner count in the next avengers movies.
>>
>>63998246
Some people are way too hard on illegal immigration.
My grandfather got deported back to Mexico after working for 3 years at a local diner. Like seriously? He was an honest man, just wanted a job to support my father and his siblings and they throw him out like trash.
>>
>>63998246
I know plenty of hispanics and they all love movies,I'm sure they would be happy to be represented at least slightly more.
>>
>>63998311
That sucks anon,i hope he is doing well now.
>>
>>63998348
Thanks, he got in legally after 12 years though. A lot of bureaucracy, and he got turned down many times. But the family's together now so it's all good.
>>
>>63998311
>Some people are way too hard on illegal immigration.
>My grandfather got deported back to Mexico after working for 3 years at a local diner.

So either the law judges everyone equally or it exempts people by circumstance. You could argue that the law could be flexible based on good behavior, community contributions etc. but at the same time I hear so many of my family members yelling "no keep those god damn sand nigger muslim terrorists out of the country" yet they are crying that tio beto got caught crossing the border again and was deported again. There's a bunch of fucking hypocrites in our culture, but that's almost any culture.

>>63998326
I don't really care for more "representation" i'd just get represented as a stereotype. I don't need to see someone of my race on screen to relate to them. I've been able to relate to several tv/movie characters over the years despite their race for nearly 30 years.

If I ever decide to procreate I'm not going to teach my kid that he needs to find a mentor of his own race to look up to.
>>
>>63998394
Thats awesome.Would watch it if it was a movie.
>>
>>63998485

your family experience is going to be very similar to the irish one I think.

Irish got shit on for hundreds of years. With time, influence and money grows and turns into networking.

Which is why I crack up every time I see based Admiral on El Rey shilling for Latino College fund.

And really why would a bunch of catholics want muslims in the country.
>>
>>63997204
DC is better when it comes to mexican characters but when it comes to the "minority" hero 9 times outta 10 its black for everything.
>>
>>63998568
you're probably expecting this but not all muslims are terrorists
one of my best friends in high school was a paki and we'd always hang out playing halo and dota together
he was a normal guy, only thing was he prayed
and i asked him about sharia law after hearing about it in my dad's rants and he says sharia law can't even be applied to non-muslims, it's just fear mongering
>>
>>63998485
I like hispanics and i would like to see more of them without their race being the main personality trait,i don't see an issue with that,people do the same thing with asians.
>>
>>63998667
Wow you're so open minded!
>>
>>63997521
There was that fucking annoying bitch on Third Watch... which was also years ago.
>>
>>63998749
thanks mate ;^)
>>
>>63998656
Also remember
>Deadshot is mexican
>Wil Smith is Deadshot in Suicide Squad
>Bane is latino
>Tom Hardy is Bane in Dark Knight Rises
>>
>>63998667

If the situation was reversed, you would be taxed in a muslim theocracy, and only place that doesn't outright hunt minorities down are muslim dictatorships.

Like Egypt. When brotherhood got into power, they had copt killing parties.

I wouldn't mind their pet killer religion did stuff to itself but it tends to export their crazies to places without muslim majorities.

I honestly didn't mind the shooting in california, they killed a bunch of bleeding hearts, because social workers tend to be the kind that want to do the right thing and help people.

And they got murdered for it.

So you can have 1 good friend. Hell you can have 20 muslim good friends. As long as they keep to themselves, they shouldn't be punished, like any other labeling in our society, but spare me the hypocrisy.
>>
>>63998691
I'm fine if they do, but it's not a big deal and shouldn't be made out to be. We got some great hispanic and latino representation with directors like Del Torro, Rodriguez, Cuaron, etc. They cast for what's best in the role, not for what's going to pander to a demographic. Except for that one time Rodriguez cast Johnny Depp, that may have been pandering, it was still great though.
>>
>>63998776
I keep trying to tell people about a black person I knew one time who never did a crime so I can relate to your story
>>
>>63998829
>>63998667
I can tell you both are well versed in world affairs you fucking idiots
>>
>>63998829
I don't think it's really the religion itself, just their upbringing. Arabs nowadays, of any religion seem to be really violent. Knew a Syrian guy called Anthony who got time for beating his gf.
>>
>>63998873

What would you like to discuss and prove anything within my statement as wrong?

Do you think brotherhood, did not enflame muslims against coptic christians when they got into power? Or would you like to talk wide swaths of repressed minorities through a large part of the planet that basically have to hide under rocks to not get genocidially wiped out?
>>
>>63998568
my SO is half irish and half hispanic.
irish side isnt as religious as hispanic side.
>>
>>63998893

I would say it is the religion, blame it on the mongols, blame it on them not having a reformation or outside interference or whichever usual argument can be made and deny personal responsibility but after you get around the usual excuses, of causation linkage, you'll find that people that do not share similar beliefs regardless if it is politics, religion, or anything else that tends to represent the person and a group at the same time.

You could talk about dichotomy of individuals not thinking they were related in the middle ages and only being a short distance as a way of explaining that it is the thinking itself and not the idea but medieval teological arguments only go so far.
>>
>>63998893
poor and stupid people are more prone to be violent.
>>
>>63999002

To extrapolate more on my point, I meant that people with different beliefs, regardless of what you call it have ended up fighting.

Muslims think of their religion the way Catholics used to. It is indivisible of everyday life. It is life and you cannot negotiate with that.
>>
>>63999039
catholics were ruthless,i'm really surprised there are no good films about the crusaders.
>>
>>63999067

They're great films, unfortunately they all rock subtitles and are usually long.
>>
>>63998931
This post doesn't make much sense and reeks of delusion, ignorance, and self importance
>>
>>63999067
Fun fact:Islamic holy wars claimed over triple the lives of the crusades and spanned more battles, time, and land
>>
>>63999087
Examples?
>>
>>63999177
They also killed more Muslims than the the Catholic Crusades did because most of the holy wars have been between tribes trying to wipe each other out.
>>
File: bee.png (84 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
bee.png
84 KB, 184x184
>>63999067
>>63999177
both of these guys have no sources

feels good to be athiest, no religion, no holy wars
>>
>>63999140

The people they disagreed with lost the cover they were hiding under and sunni muslims that came into power got some revenge on other minority groups within Egypt.

How is that delusion, ignorance and or self importance?

Because I hold an idea-set to account or that I disagree with your pet killer religion?

Are all muslims terrorists? No, but majority do not like the west and never will.

Call it what it is.
>>
>>63997016
Well, the main villain was an Ethernal Anglo. Does that mean the film shit on cumskins?
>>
>>63999211
Yet you fully support violence in the name of Islam how progressive
>>
>>63999183

Two that I'm thinking of from my classes are in French, and one is polish, so hold on.
>>
>>63999250
when the fuck did I claim that?
i hate both sandnigs and christfags
>>
>>63999211
Source:historical records
>>
>>63999285
and yet atheism still wins
>>
>>63999299
I don't understand how atheism factors into a discussion about Islam being much more violent than the crusades other than to get attention
>>
>>63999328
you don't understand how atheism is non-violent? kek
>>
>>63999183

Alexander Nevsky was one of them that I watched
>>
>>63999351
I don't understand how it's relevant
>>
File: roflmao.jpg (21 KB, 300x220) Image search: [Google]
roflmao.jpg
21 KB, 300x220
>>63999351
>atheism is non-violent
>MFW
>>
>>63999351
He is saying atheism has no bussiness being in the discussion about religious wars.
>>
>>63999183

Black death isn't one of the ones I was thinking of but I think people should watch that one too
>>
>>63999399
will watch,thanks
>>
>>63999438
that was communism you dumbfuck

>>63999449
how is it not relevant? if religion was gone the wars wouldn't have existed, it definitely has business
>>
>>63999438

That guy's name is Mao Zedong, not Atheism. What's it like being this unintelligent? You deserve to die.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>63999351

Wasn't most communist regimes strictly non-religious though? I mean if you want to be technical atheism has killed tons of people, it just wasn't organized directly through an atheist label.

You're never going to see a south park version of atheism rise to power, so I suppose you can feel good about yourself?
>>
>>63999475
....Okay? They still existed/exist and should be discussed.
>>
AntMan fucking rules but honestly I'd probably chill with crickets they seem like blues musicians only part of the gryllidae family
>>
>>63999511
A cricket got stuck in my hair once, fucking disgusting man
>>
>>63999509
Especially considering that one of the two is at the epicenter of current events in western society sheesh

Say anyone remember when his phone played Disintigration by the cure heh heh
>>
>>63999537
Holy FUCK what if antman put it there after having sex with it and talking about Latinos negatively

Makes you think
>>
>>63999475
>>63999487
>Athiest kills a bunch of people in almost mass genocidal numbers.

IT WAS POLITICAL NOT RELIGIOUS

Fucking hypocrites, it doesn't matter what the justification is, religion, politics or other, all humans are capable of horrible shit regardless of the excuse. Being an atheist didn't stop him from killing all those people, it wasn't the cause but it also wasn't a peaceful state of mind either that prevented it.

Go fuck yourselves from your high horse, I'm an atheist too but you fucking self serving righteous bullshit is just as bad as the catholic priests that molest kids.
>>
File: mydadgotdeported.jpg (131 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
mydadgotdeported.jpg
131 KB, 640x360
>>63999572
holy SHIT dude!

damn...
>>
>>63999579
I'm fairly certain youre getting worked up for no reason m8. The bottom line is that Islam idealizes a society that is the very opposite of the one Ant-Man fights to preserve, beaners and all
>>
>>63999579

> you fucking self serving righteous bullshit is just as bad as the catholic priests that molest kids.

No it isn't. How can you even type this? Reminds me of how the definition of "militant" changes to "meanie using logic" when referring to atheists.

Religious people are not intelligent enough to engage anyone or anything in debate. They barely qualify as human.
>>
>>63999632
>>>/pol/
>>
>>63999625
post more qt beanbros
>>
>>63999656
>>63999632
If you read the back of the Ant-Man bluray/dvd+digital it mentions that Ant-Man is a Roman Catholic

Source:just gift wrapped one
>>
File: arriba.jpg (53 KB, 640x920) Image search: [Google]
arriba.jpg
53 KB, 640x920
>>63999697
>>
>>63999632
It is on the same level because it's just an escape clause. Atheism is an escape clause.

I'm an atheist so I can do X because I'm not an X.
I'm an atheist so I have a higher moral compass because it's not based on X
I'm an atheist and I say that Tibet needs to be annexed and it's people starved to death because they want to be ruled by some religious guy. They don't qualify as people lets just exterminate them all. Oh yeah and because of communism and shit.
>>
>>63998568
>And really why would a bunch of catholics want muslims in the country.
Because they all worship the same god?
>>
File: gael-garcia5.jpg (72 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
gael-garcia5.jpg
72 KB, 500x750
>>63999697
My brownfu
>>
>>63999817
Babel was abysmal what was he in that was gūd
>>
>>63999832
I just watched motorcycle diaries and enjoyed it,i hear y tu mama tambiens amazing but i haven't seen it yet.
>>
>>63999866
Was amores perros good or is it just Mexican Crash
>>
>>63999900
I haven't seen it,i will now though.
>>
>>63999789

Go tell a catholic that they worship the same god as a muslim, I'll wait right here.
>>
>>63999968
Catholic here, they worship our God but they think it's theirs heh heh
>>
>>63999968
>>63999992
don't Jews also worship the same one?
>>
>>63999992
why have you kept your faith when the world is so exceedingly anti religious?
no hate,it just seems really difficult.
>>
>>64000032
I think Jews don't believe Jesus has anything to do with who God is but there are some differences. Honestly don't know for sure

>>64000051
Does a lion stop being a lion because hyenas surround him!?
>>
>>64000106
All three come from the same source material which is the old testament, with each one having their own spinoff series.

Jews have the oldest religion and it's also the one that has changed very little over hundreds of years.

Christianity is based on the life of Jesus Christ but modern Christianity is also an amalgamation of several popular religions that the Church decided to roll in just to attract more followers.

Muslims are based off of Muhammad's teachings. While Christianity came straight out of the Jews and appealed to Jewish culture. Muhammad's teaching was more arabic tribe influenced. It appealed to the nomadic life styles of those tribes.

All the same god, but with different interpretations that have had centuries of influences by different religious leaders over the years.
>>
>>63997554
No.

Oscar made it out of sheer talent. If we start bitching now we'll veer off the path.

Just let Oscar do his thing.
>>
>>64000215
>half jewish;cast in movies with mainly jewish writers/directors
>sheer talent
mmmkay.not saying he is bad but there is deffinitley some favortism going on.
>>
>>64000297
On his fucking grandmother's side.

I understand the matrilineal shit but not everything is sheer conspiracy.

He met actors at Juliards, he has connections and been working since his early 20s. He's 30 now.
>>
>>64000419
I hope not.
I fucking hate nepotism/favortism more then forced diversity.
>>
>ant man knocks multiple people out inside the corporate building that's about to be destroyed near the end
>meximan saves the one guy he stuffed in a closet or whatever
>leaves everybody else to die
It felt stupid.
>>
>>63999789
>>63999968
>>63999992
>>64000032
>>64000204
Revelation 20:4, Allah is Satan.

Yahweh is a lesser diety.

Elohim is God, Christ is The Word made flesh.
>>
>>64000559

>random guard just doing his job before he goes home to his family

>versus a bunch of undercover hydra
>>
>>64000616
The word Allah literally means The God
And it sounds similar to Elohim or Eloah
>>
>>64000644
I was under the impression he was cut from the same cloth, he just never had a chance to fight back.
>>
>>64000671
Yeah, after the Messiah said beware false prophets.

And then a guy who literally has visions during epileptic seizures claims to be a prophet.

I'd say that's a huge fucking red flag that this "god" might be something else proclaiming itself so.
>>
>>64000774
idk dude but Revelations 20:4 doesn't allude to much
>>
>>64000808
It speaks of Christians that were beheaded by followers of The Beast.

Muhammad's doctrine calls for beheadings.
>>
>>64000850
that logic could apply to many things...
even the cartels behead
and the guillotine in the old french state
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.