[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good: >Finn >Rey >Finn and Rey's relationship >Poe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: sw.jpg (139 KB, 850x809) Image search: [Google]
sw.jpg
139 KB, 850x809
Good:
>Finn
>Rey
>Finn and Rey's relationship
>Poe
>all space action sequences
>cool aliens

Bad:
>too much Han and Leia
>phoned-in soundtrack
>entire second half of movie is REMEMBER THIS???
>incomprehensible politics with no explanation
>Death Star 2.0
>Darth Vader 2.0
>R2D2 2.0
>Tatooine 2.0
>lame girl stormtrooper
>shitty JJ quip dialogue

All in all 6/10.

V > VI > III > I > VII > IV > II
>>
>>63991775
>V > VI > III > I > VII > IV > II
One of the worst rankings I've seen on here all day. OBJECTIVE RANKINGS:
V > IV > VI > VII > III > I > II
>>
>>63991775
What about Han's predictable and meaningless death and the fact that Ren looked like the most beta man alive?
>>
>>63991775
>>incomprehensible politics with no explanation
I don't remember any politics in the movie.
>>Darth Vader 2.0
What? Darth Vader was an intimidating badass. Kylo Ren is an angsty loser that desperately wants to be a badass. He's nothing like Vader.
>>
>>63991775
>mfw was watching the movie to see Luke
>he's only at the very end and had no lines

Fucking hell that pissed me off.
>>
>>63991775
>>phoned-in soundtrack

desu I definitely felt this way. Not a single memorable track and a lot were slightly retouched classics or merged tracks i.e. Han/Leia.

I understood it, but the movies have always been bad about explaining the political climates.
>>
>>63992656
This is correct.
>>
>>63992715
>I don't remember any politics in the movie.

I think he means the difference between resistance, republic, and order and why one is needed/one is allowed to exist, etc.
>>
>>63992740
T.bh he wasn't in any of the trailers or toys.
Now Phasma, that pissed me off
>>
>>63992704
>the fact that Ren looked like the most beta man alive
Do you seriously not get that Kylo is supposed to look beta? He's an angsty loser, having some Chad play him would've gone against his character. Plus Adam Driver is a pretty good actor.
>>
>>63992704
I think it's good that Ren looks like that. That's part of the point of his character. He isn't Vader. He's some talented kid that's in over his head and gets cranky because he is weak and he knows it.
>>
>>63992656
Reverse II and I and you're gold.

Attack of the Clones is a complete abomination of a movie. Phantom is terrible but not /that/ shit.
>>
>>63992656
OT > VII > PT is a shitty Facebook meme ranking. You've been brainwashed by Disney.

>>63992715
>don't remember any politics
Then what the fuck was the Resistance and the New Order? Just...good guys and bad guys?

>nothing like Vader
Except for an all black suit, cape, black helmet, and mechanical voice.
>>
File: 1449783783380.jpg (116 KB, 640x584) Image search: [Google]
1449783783380.jpg
116 KB, 640x584
>>63991775
>Finn and Rey's relationship
>>
>>63992832
>Except for an all black suit, cape, black helmet, and mechanical voice.
He's a goofy looking loser that's deeply insecure so he wears all of that stuff to look intimidating. This is addressed in the movie.
>>
>>63992826
But that's what it is?
II means 2 and I means one?
And it's 1>2
Are you retarded?
>>
>>63992832
You've been brainwashed by George if you seriously think Revenge of the Sith and The Phantom Menace are better than A New Hope.
>>
>>63992872
Have you seen the movie? Finn hits on Rey but Rey rejects him. Plus at the end of the movie she friendzones him.
>>
>>63993076
Fucking kek.
>>
>>63993077
A New Hope is slow as shit. Try re-watching it some time. The entire sequence with them on the Death Star takes forever.
>>
>>63993259
I is twice as fucking slow. The Darth Maul lightsaber duel is the only entertaining part of the entire movie.
>>
>>63991775
>phoned-in soundtrack
This really bothered me. I pay attention to music much more than most people, I can honestly admit that I've watched a film a second time just because of the soundtrack, but Episode 7 was so boring and uninspired in its use.
>>
File: TR8-0R.gif (107 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
TR8-0R.gif
107 KB, 300x300
>>63992804
>go in for Phasma
>get TR8-0R
>>
>>63991775
The Force Awakens is actually a meme within a meme

>Kylo is a powerful sith

>TFA is a very popular and sucessful movie

>Kylo is only powerful because of his Grandpa. Without it he'd just some edgy teen who hates his parents and listens to death metal.

>TFA is only well regarded as a movie because of the original trilogy. Otherwise it'd just be another boring blockbuster.

>Kylo wants to be like vader, even dresses and talks like him. But he will never be anything more than a cheap copy.

>The Farce Awakens wants to be as good as the original movies, so it steals 90% of it's plot from the first film. Also ends up looking like a cheap copy.

>memes within memes
>>
>>63992832
It isn't a meme ranking, it's an objective ranking. VII is flawed but not as deeply flawed as the prequels. Also, you would have to be retarded to prefer I and III over IV. I is a total disaster, the only redeeming thing about III is Sheev.
>>
>>63992704
how could leia and han have a kid that ugly
>>
>>63993432
>objective ranking

No. It's just regurgitating the shit Disney has been feeding you. So damn pleb.
>>
>>63991775
Han got the perfect amount of screen-time and Leia needed more just so the Resistance and New Republic could be fleshed out more.

I notice that you've put the prequels anywhere but the very bottom and you're beyond arguing with, but I'm just putting that out there.
>>
>>63993549
Oh fuck off, EVERY Star Wars movie is pleb. Don't delude yourself into thinking that preferring one of George's corporate products over one of Disney's corporate products makes you patrician.
>>
>>63993549
You're just trying to be a special snowflake.
>>
>>63991775
>DRAW HER AS A MAN, BECAUSE ITS A MALE ROLE THAT GOT 2015'D

BRAVO JAPAN
>>
>>63993428
That's the beauty of this movie though.
>>
I'd give it a 9/10. Has some flaws but the characters and acting are fantastic and I had such a good time watching it. Seeing it again later this week so it'll be interesting to see if I still love it as much the second time.

V>IV>VII>III>VI>II>I
>>
File: shit eating plebeian.jpg (12 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
shit eating plebeian.jpg
12 KB, 240x240
>>63993869
>I'd give it a 9/10
>>
File: pappy.png (37 KB, 332x321) Image search: [Google]
pappy.png
37 KB, 332x321
>>63991775
>revenge of this sith above this
>fucking phantom menace above this
>return of the jedi with that non-act II and poorly done endor battle above this
>not loving darth elliot roger
>>
>>63993869
>III>VI
When will this meme die? The ewoks are nothing compared to Episode III's flaws.
>>
>>63993869
>9/10

On what scale?
>>
A squadron of X-Wings destroy the Star Killer Planet...
>>
>>63993869
>9/10

Jesus christ are you an imdb user by any chance
>>
File: 1426174482006.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1426174482006.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
Rey is the only bad thing in the movie.
I really wanted her to be likable but she feels very fake and boring.
She's supposed to be all resourceful, living on sand planet with only minor rations bought through scavenging.
But she is way too proper, both in how she speaks and acts.
I mean she rescues BB8 just because she somehow sees robots as people, even though she's literally a tech scavenger.
Compare this to Luke in A New Hope, he only sarcastically indulges the personalities of C3PO and R2D2.
And then you have the "mary sue" thing, which definitely did apply to her. I wanted to see even a glimpse of humanity in her but it's just not shining through.
I don't particularly like the actress's performance but it feels like she was just written that way.

It's a real shame because Finn and Poe are top notch.
I was really surprised how much I liked Finn, probably because I was so conditioned by /tv/'s meming.

If they somehow fix Rey's character in Episode VIII I'll be happy but the problem is that it would feel weird to give her faults now.
In a character's arch they're usually the most down to earth and faulted at the beginning, so her only room for failure seems to be turning to the dark side.
>>
>>63994025
Yeah, I'm still kinda torn on that. Realistically Jedi is probably better, but I have a lot of nostalgia for ROTS and still think its a pretty great movie.
>>
>>63993433
Carbonite freezing fucks up ya sperm
>>
>>63994090
>>63994042
In my eyes, it only has a couple flaws: Too much rehash from the OT, which is fine as long as they go in a new direction in VIII. And not showing the impact of the Republic's destruction enough.
These are both minor and barely impact my enjoyment so I'm completely comfortable giving it a 9.
>>
>>63994025
Maybe not, but Episode 6 having a boring as fuck middle half sure is one hell of a flaw.
>>
>>63994111
I agree with this, I couldn't get behind Rey at all, and in the end it felt like some force SJW almighty girl power. Did she fail to do one thing wrong in this movie.
>>
>>63993174
they had no chemistry, of course Rey had no chemistry with anyone because she's a garbage character
>>
Why are they still called the resistance when they won the war? The first order is the resistance now
>>
I wish Han, Leia, Chewie, and 3PO weren't in the movie, or only had brief appearances. I was a lot more interested in the new characters.
>>
>>63994201
You mean TFA is a near perfect film?

Jesus Christ. It was good but nowhere near a 9/10

>>63994276
To make the good guys the likable underdogs again
>>
>>63994276
It Focus tested well
>>
>>63994025
I don't know man. It wasn't just the ewoks, it was the whole endor plot line, she wasn't nearly as cool as the space battle, or as dramatic as Luke's story. There's no real conflict in it, Han 'n Leia are in love but because there's supposed to be friction between them they manufacture this soap opera bullshit of Han thinking Leia likes Luke, even though he has no reason to think this, and neither of them are ever in serious danger.

However, I will concede that the Jabba arc was some of the best damn filmmaking in the whole series.
>>
>>63994296
>To make the good guys the likable underdogs again

Except the Resistance are bigger than the First Order
>>
>>63994276
Yes, I don't understand any of that.

So the Republic has been restored, but for some reason there's a First Order and a Resistance...who are just doing their own thing? Or what? How did the First Order retain all the Storm Troopers and infrastructure?

And the First Order was able to just build something bigger than the Death Star without anyone knowing somehow?
>>
File: empire-end-shot.jpg (271 KB, 1440x800) Image search: [Google]
empire-end-shot.jpg
271 KB, 1440x800
>>63994111
No the bad thing in the movie is
-The rehashed plot, movie is at it's strongest in the first 40ish minutes
-Weak soundtrack compared to the great compositions even in the prequels
-abrams managed to squeeze the galaxy and make it seem super small
-mary sue ray
-Han death scene felt too forced and not emotional enough for the reasons it should (chewie not mauling everyone while screaming or something, just some shots some bombs and at the end he's all fine and dandy)
-Ending shot ruined the star wars centered end shot forever, star wars ALWAYS ends with that kind of centered shot and they ruined it here with a badly done rotating camera
It sure as hell beats the prequels but it can barely, MAYBE beat return of the jedi and return of the jedi is no masterpiece, mind you.
>>
File: 1423971746314.jpg (29 KB, 580x580) Image search: [Google]
1423971746314.jpg
29 KB, 580x580
>>63991775
>sweaty most of the time
>sideburn curls
>cute face
>armpits
It's like JJ Abrams know my fetish
>>
>>63994324
The Republic is/was bigger than the first order

The Resistance was only the small group of rebels that only had X-Wings and that one base.
>>
>>63994341
>-abrams managed to squeeze the galaxy and make it seem super small
I've been trying to think of why I felt like everything was so small, I just realized, hyperspace travel doesn't seem to take any time any more. People are just fucking there in like 1/2 an hour if that. Shit when they went to Alderaan that seemed to take a day at least, likely closer to a week.
>>
>>63994411
>>63994341

New technology has increased the speed of hyper drive.
>>
>>63994411
Hyperspace travel time was always changed if it worked for the plot.
However we always got cockpit/inside the falcon, in here we barely got that once while they were flying IIRC. There were also a small amount of situation cuts like george did where he showed the empire while the millenium falcon was travelling.
Also, the fact that the death star ray could be seen on a planet was a nice touch, however the fact that it looked like it spread itself and the way he showed the planets made it seem like they were literally next to each other.
So if they are, we're not really using the galaxy at all, just passing by a small corner of it with curiously enough the same kind of biomes and terrains that look almost exactly as those in the other corner.
>>
File: 1450733561435.jpg (274 KB, 1278x650) Image search: [Google]
1450733561435.jpg
274 KB, 1278x650
>>63991775
Partially right but you're still a retard.

Good:
>Finn
>Poe
>Han
>General "White Might Makes Right" Hux
>Intentional cringeworthy Kylo Ren
>all space action sequences
>cool aliens
>practical effects

Bad:
>Rey's nonexistent character arc
>Leia
>Death Star 2.0
>Phasma not doing enough
>Tatooine 2.0
>shitty JJ quip dialogue

All in all an 8/10. It was about as good as Episode 1, but Rey fucked it up by not fitting into the hero's journey. Blows the living shit out of the entire prequel trilogy and if you disagree you are the worst sort of faggot. Episode 1 was LITERALLY pointless, it served no function except to introduce us to babby Anakin. We didn't fucking need that, we could have skipped all of it and just had it start with Obiwan and a young Anakin.
>>
>>63991775
Rey was fucking horrible actually.
>>
>>63994607
>>Phasma not doing enough
Thank god I don't want sjw shit with her.
She's just a general to sell toys like bobba.
>>
>>63994607
I agree with this, at times I thought a lot of the ideas in TFA could of been used in Episode I. We didn't need to see Anakin as a young boy, we could of seen him and Obi Wan's paths cross at random or by destiny when Anakin is a late teen.
>>
>>63991775
How the fuck did Kylo Ren get btfo by an amateur? Pretty embarrassing desu
>>
File: 1449711241045.jpg (56 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
1449711241045.jpg
56 KB, 500x370
How to START fixing rey's Mary Sue syndrome
>poe doesn't 'die' when they crash land, finn wakes up to footprints in the sand and he follows
Poe's 'death' really doesn't have any emotional impact, and only really serves to have that moment where he sees Finn with the jacket- nice moment but it doesn't require his death
anyway
>poe/finn reunite and then find Rey with BB-8. Before there's time to explain, the First Order fucks shit up, and they all run.
>poe yells to rey that they need a ship, she points to the only one she knows - the falcon
>the get on board but rey tells them 'but I don't know how to fly it!', this is where poe's expertise in flying comes in hand
>they start to take off but it isn't working - this is rey's moment as a scavenger/mechanic to fix the falcon
>rest follows like normal, only when they get to Yavin, it's Poe that tries to convince Finn to join the Resistance, and again it's not till Finn sees his friends in danger that he decides to help them - he fights phasma instead of TR-8R
Also why the fuck did they explain that Finn was a janitor? Was that just for a joke? It just begs the question as to how he knows all this shit
>>
>>63994810
Because Kylo was all edge and no bite
>>
>>63994793
That's what this guy suggests too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgICnbC2-_Y
>>
>>63992740
I honestly wasn't expecting to see Luke until the next movie
>>
>>63992656
Right on the money
>>
>>63992826
IDK it's pretty hard to objectively rank two films that are such huge piles of shit in a specific order.
>>
How does a force sensitive scavenger defeat a user of the force that has not only been trained by Jedi Master Luke Skywalker but also by Snoke.
>>
>>63994769
I liked Phasma. She was a soldier chick who actually looked and felt like a soldier chick. Bitch was the size of a fucking house. It strains credulity to begin with, but if you're going to have one at least have her be xbox huge.

>tfw related to Kara Hultgreen
>tfw never lose an argument to feminists ever
Really takes the sting out of the scorpion's tail tbqhmgfamily.
>>
>>63994822
This would of worked out great, DESU. And yeah I was thrown off by the sanitation thing. I know a lot of black people work in sanitation.
>>
>>63991775
>Implying I > IV

This is what makes you a faggot
>>
>>63994201
Most of the characters have absolutely no depth or character development. Finn starts out defecting because of reasons, then he falls in love with Rey because reasons. That's where he ends the movie, his character is the same as it was 30 minutes in.

Rey is a fucking retarded mary sue/stronk woman meme. What can you even say about her character besides she's good at everything and didn't want to leave Jakku.

Poe has almost no screentime so he comes off as a bit one dimensional, cant fault the writers too much on that.

Kylo Ren is the only interesting new character. His struggle between the light and dark side actually gives his character some depth. Really he's the only one im currently interested in seeing where he goes.

TFA was basically carried on the back of Han + Chewie since they were the only ones with more charisma than a cardboard box. Now that Han is dead, whoever is writing VIII is going to actually make an effort to write interesting characters.

And don't say "oh its an action movie," at the very least the OT had some depth across all the movies. Even if Lucas did everything he could to burn Jedi to the ground.
>>
>>63994607
How does it not fit the hero's journey?
>>
>>63994918
Thanks
And yeah it was so random. I mean.. isn't that a stereotype? The Black Janitor? It seems odd that they would go anywhere NEAR a stereotype in making this
>>
>>63993433
Looks like Han in quite a few scenes and ages like Leia.
>>
>>63994822
That would have fixed a fuckload. Rey shouldn't have been that perfect at everything and sometimes her motivations made no sense to me. Why would she try and convince Finn to join the Resistance?
>>
>>63994512
I'm not saying it doesn't make sense. I'm saying adding that has made the galaxy that the series takes place in feel a lot smaller. Between solar systems are massive amounts of distance and are truly beyond a human's ability to comprehend as anything more than an abstract idea. The ships in this make it possible to travel between worlds but this still takes time. If it didn't, then how can any place in the galaxy ever be called a backwater.
>>
>>63994918
>>63994999
How is that a stereotype? Never heard about it until now.
>>
>>63994822
That would also help with Finn lying about being Resistance, which was completely pointless since he later explained he was a stormtrooper anyway and she just accepted it, no questions asked.

It also bothered me that they gave very little motivation for Finn to switch sides, besides the village scene. I felt like that aspect needed more to it.
>>
>>63994969
I think they played it safe and avoided any major character development except for Kylo that would rub people the wrong way. It all felt like Disney was trying to make up for the last 2.5 movies and convince fans to come back
>>
>>63994822
>It just begs the question as to how he knows all this shit

He literally said that he didn't know anything. He was only there to get Rey and that they'd figure the rest out as they went along.
>>
>>63991775
Throwing mine in I guess

Overall: 6.5/10
In relation: V > IV > VI > III > VII > I > II

Good:
>Finn was likable and had a good character arc minus
>Poe seemed fun
>Visually quite good. Did good work with lighting and the colors were okay, even if a little washed out in some scenes
>Callbacks and nostalgia were okay, if a bit heavy handed in a few places
>Kylo felt like a kid out of his depth, which I think was what they were going for

Bad:
>Plot was scene for scene Episode IV
>Music was forgettable and didn't feel Star Wars. It felt like something imitating Star Wars
>New planets were essentially the old ones with nothing new added
>Rey was an insufferable Mary Sue. She can pretty much only be redeemed as a character by going Sith in VIII.
>What is the Resistance? Why is it needed when the Republic is a thing?
>TR-8R, while cool, is jarring as the only competent Stormtrooper. It should have been Phasma.
>New Order are literally space Nazis now. How boring is that?
>Kanata brushing off having Luke's old saber when she could have just said: I bought it off a man who found it in some intake vents on Cloud City on Bespin. Was that so hard?
>Being able to see Starkiller destroy each planet from the surface of another
>Hyperspace jumping into a planet's atmosphere

I could go on, but most of these are probably more suitable for a "Cinema Sins" kind of thing.
tl;dr Movie was okay. Would not pay money to see again.
>>
>>63994867
Kylo Ren was already busted up by chewie's cannon shot and his fight with Finn.
>>
>>63994607

This guy knows what he's talking about
>>
File: 1440219348323.gif (2 MB, 300x176) Image search: [Google]
1440219348323.gif
2 MB, 300x176
>>63995116
Ok how does a literal storm trooper stands toe to toe with kylo for a while when kylo was trained by both LUKE AND FUCKING SNOKE
AND HE'S ALSO A SKYWALKER
What the FUCK abrams.
And no the gun shot wouldn't made him get shit on like that for a while.
>>
>>63995075
>It also bothered me that they gave very little motivation for Finn to switch sides, besides the village scene

I didn't mind it too much. Exploring his backstory would be a waste of time and out of place. What killed it for me was how they just used his character for comic relief and had him cheering while fighting his former friends. He should have been more serious like he was during the fight with TR-8R
>>
File: bait.jpg (98 KB, 739x742) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
98 KB, 739x742
>>63991775

>Phantom Menace ahead of A New Hope
>>
>>63995181
Finn stood no chance against Kylo and got his shit rekt. Are you complaining because he didn't get cut in half in the first second?
>>
>>63994822
>Also why the fuck did they explain that Finn was a janitor? Was that just for a joke? It just begs the question as to how he knows all this shit
He knew the locations of things, because he had to clean them. But had no idea on how to operate them.
>>
>>63995106
but he knew about the location of the exhaust port and the shield controls

or was he just lying and they landed on a completely random part of the planet, HAPPENED to run into rey and the shields, and even though he lied about the exhaust shit, it just HAPPENED to be the exact spot to blow up the death star??
>>
>>63995181
You saw how Chewbacca' s cannon fucked up those bitchass storm troopers right? Kylo took that shit like a boss, plus Kylo is just a punk who you could tell never had a real light sabre fight in his life.
>>
>>63995264
He'd have some understanding of the base. It's not like he was a complete retard
>>
>>63995262
Ah okay, that makes sense. I still think it's a situation where it asks more questions than it answers. I guess I was just completely fine with him knowing about it since he's ex-first order
>>
>>63995244
He literally fought kylo for a substantial amount and kylo also got injured by finn.
How the fuck a seasoned trained since young jedi with sith knowledge and skywalker genes got injured against a guy that used a lightsaber ONCE before that.
He didn't even tried to use force as a power or anything, it's like a seasoned sword fighter with tons of medals and training fought against some random guy and still managed to get injured.
>>
>>63995297
Kylo is supposed to have destroyed the other jedi that Luke trained post-RotJ. I don't see how he could have never been in a lightsaber battle if that's the case.
>>
>>63995315
No, it's like a sword fighter who just got his yellow belt (or whatever) and hasn't fought anyone competent with a lightsaber, for quite a while and just absorbed a fucking laser beam to the abdomen.

It's not that unrealistic that Finn would last as long as he did.
>>
>>63991775
totally agree with your good and bad but i'd call it a 7.5 and your rankings are nonsense.

IV>V>VI>VII>I>III>>>II
>>
>>63995315
>kylo also got injured by finn.

And then Kylo finished him off in seconds. He clearly likes to fuck with normies as seen in the opening scene.
>>
>>63995357
It's like Order 66, you got all these trained Jedi that are taken by surprise, doesn't make the clones seasoned veterans or anything.
>>
>>63995357
How do you know that Luke trained anyone else, let alone that Kylo killed those other trainees
>>
>>63995315
>He didn't even tried to use force as a power or anything, it's like a seasoned sword fighter with tons of medals and training fought against some random guy and still managed to get injured.
It is when he's just toying with him. I mean it's unreasonable to have someone who is a boxer LOSE to some random joe, but it's not unreasonable that the random joe might get in a hit or two
>>
>>63991775
>entire second half of movie is REMEMBER THIS???
Outside of the deathstar, not really.
>Darth Vader 2.0
He is ridiculously different from Vader. In fact thats half the hate I see for him.
>lame girl stormtrooper
Mostly just a meta flaw, because advertising tried to hype her up. This wouldn't be a flaw if you weren't excited for her based off advertising. Otherwise she'd just be "The commander"
>shitty JJ quip dialogue
It's reeeeeaally not. JJ isn't even that famous for being quippy. It has some jokes, just like a lot of movies. It's not like it stands out that much like in avengers where there's a cast of character who spend entire conversations just trading quips.
>>
>>63995417
HE LITERALLY RUNS THE ORDER OF WARRIORS OF REN
>>63995357
THEY LITERALLY SHOW HIM AFTER HAVING KILLED TONS OF OTHER WARRIORS
It's extremely unrealistic, the guy IS a seasoned warrior and snoke mentioned how the only thing left for him is to kill his father.
He has seen some shit, he was trained by a great jedi master and what looks like fucking satan.

>>63995500
>>63995446
Then that would make kylo a complete fucking retard and crosses the line from fucked up campy guy into straight up retarded since that literally costed him the ray right and probably the entire first order in the next two movies.
>>
>>63995469
It was mentioned in the movie for fucks sake
Where they talk about why Luke is missing in th frst place you dimwit
>>
>>63995547
I guess I missed that, my bad
>>
>>63995540
>Then that would make kylo a complete fucking retard

Kylo is always overestimating his abilities and underestimating Rey and Finn's. It happened multiple times in the movie
>>
>>63995540
We have no idea how strong the warriors of ren are, and he seems to be the only one with a lightsaber.
>>
>>63995432
Empire is objectively the best of the OT
>>
>>63995585
He literally met them like twice and rey was able to get out because she's the most bullshit character in the series and theres a lot of mary sues in the series.
>>
>>63994376
>Cute

AHAHAHAHA
>>
>>63995622
>Mary sue

Looks like someone found his new favorite word.

Kylo's entire character is supposed to be the guy that acts hard but is soft as fuck. In case you needed it spelled out, compare him wearing the mask to when he isn't. Hint, he's a little bitch without it
>>
>>63995695
Are you actually trying to deny rey being a completely retarded character that manages to do everything better than everyone she encounters?
When these people have done that shit for even like 40 years?
>>
>>63995720
We're talking about Kylo, not Rey
>>
>>63995720
Got back from seeing this

People blow Rey's Mary sue-ness way out of proportion

It made complete sense in context. She was trained a bit as a little girl, and when Kylo went bungling around in her brain he accidentally tore down the walls Luke had put in place before leaving, causing all her training(But not the memories associated perhaps) to come rushing back. That, coupled with her huge raw potential being the daughter of the greatest Jedi who ever lived, totally explains her abilities.

Also, they built up Chewie's bowcaster as being the bossnigger of blasters the whole movie, literally blowing people fucking away and 10 feet into the air. It isn't unreasonable that a non-force user and an untrained jedi could hold their own against Kylo after taking one of those bolts to the gut.
>>
>>63995763
We're talking about kylo meeting the heroes.
The heroes in question being rey and I noted her ability to be complete bullshit here
>>63995622
She was a girl with potential for force power, kylo had no idea she's apparently becomes a jedi master in a matter of hours with no training.
>>
>>63995789
You're pulling all of that out of your ass. Even if it ends up being true, there's nothing to seriously suggest that she had been trained by Luke. Not to mention, she looked like she was about 6 when she was abandoned, so I don't know how much training she realistically would have had.
>>
>>63991775
I hated the forced diversity too.

>female stormtrooper
>black stormtrooper
>female Yoda-like thingy
>female lead

Kylo Ren should have been a tranny, because they are not represented yet
>>
>>63995789
>She was trained a bit as a little girl, and when Kylo went bungling around in her brain he accidentally tore down the walls
An interesting theory, but you can't make assumptions and take them for cannon. This is still a fault of the movie. It was never implied she received training, just that she was left at Jakku at a young age.
>>
>>63995855
>>63995892

Its completely obvious that Luke is her father, and he left her on Jakku to save her from the second jedi purge. Its also reasonable to assume she received some amount of training before that point, as they started jedi from like 3-4 before the purge.
>>
>>63995789
Her only real mary sue moments were flying the Falcon and tricking the storm trooper to let her out. I just wrote both off as fan service as neither were that important to the story.

>>63995808
Rey in relation to Kylo works fine. Rey is extremely powerful, but doesn't understand how to use her power. Kylo thinks that he can just read her mind like anyone else and he also thinks he can beat her like he did Finn.

You see that Kylo has the upperhand when he's fighting Rey until she has her back to the wall and is forced to fight. Even then she isn't more skilled the Kylo, she just overpowers him.
>>
>>63991775
>Death Star 2.0
Death Star 3.0 actually
>>
File: Yaddle.jpg (33 KB, 340x400) Image search: [Google]
Yaddle.jpg
33 KB, 340x400
>>63995859
>>female Yoda-like thingy
This is not new
>>63995789
That's a lot of assumptions buddy.
We dont know jack shit, she could be a random kid they picked up and them dumped on jakku.
He literally raped her barriers and broke into her, if anything she should be weakened but then suddenly she, on top of being better at managing han solo ship even when he used it for decades, is now a jedi master and can breach minds with no issue what so ever.
The greatest jedi who ever lived was and will be anakin until a new one comes, the movies are based on the youth of anakin, his downfall and his legacy for a reason.
And guess what his other grandson was the one with her and he got blown the fuck out several times and surprise, that made him a good character with flaws.
>>
File: 1450185284928.jpg (1 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
1450185284928.jpg
1 MB, 2880x1800
>>63991775
>Rey being good
>Kylo Ren being bad

Fuck off m8

Rey was boring as fuck and Kylo was the actual most interesting character in the movie and had about 40 times the depth as Rey

The rest of your points are decent
>>
>>63995789
This. Plus Daisy a cute.
>>
File: 1310649205254.jpg (14 KB, 244x285) Image search: [Google]
1310649205254.jpg
14 KB, 244x285
>>63995789
>using fanfic to defend her Mary Sue-ness

Please anon. Even if she had previous jedi training she would STILL be a mary sue in this movie. It doesn't matter if the next movie if she was found to be the daughter of god she would still be a shitty character in TFA.
>>
File: 1444587995076.png (73 KB, 454x453) Image search: [Google]
1444587995076.png
73 KB, 454x453
>>63991775
>Bad:
>>too much Han and Leia

Fuck off cunt
>>
>>63996142
>Inferring things from heavy-handed implications is now fanfic
>>
Good
>Finn
>Rey
>Poe
>Poe and Finn
>Finn and Rey
>Ren when his temper tantrums are not too silly.
>Humor that is actually funny.
>All flight sequences
>Han and Chewie being Han and Chewie
>Hux being a competent non-force bad guy
>no unnecessary drama, Finn lied, tells the truth and Rey decides not to pout at him

Meh
>Rathtars do nothing to advance the plot.
>plots pretty much the same, not a bad thing but just a very safe film
>Not nearly enough Poe.
>First Order just blew up the senate world of the New Republic, but can't spare 5 lines of dialogue to let the audience know that.
>Major galactic government backed freedom fighters can only afford 12 X-wings?
>Snoke and Luke are pretty much just cockteases for the next film.

Bad
>Wasted potential on Phasma, could have made her be the one top fight Finn with the melee weapon. would have made both characters cooler.
>Ren's tantrums get very close to silly.
>R2 wakes up for no raisin
>Han and Leia name their son after the alias of a man that Han mocked for the duration of their relationship.
>Rey is borderline Sueish with her competency at everything.

All in all it's not perfect, but it's fun as shit. 8.5/10

V>Vl=Vlll>lll=VI>l>ll
>>
File: 467798.jpg (17 KB, 258x227) Image search: [Google]
467798.jpg
17 KB, 258x227
What the fuck happened to Carrie Fisher

She used to have such a pretty voice
>>
>>63996207
A fuckton of coke, alcohol, and cum.
>>
>>63995971
Ok let's count
>rey manages to fly a ship believed to be useless by everyone
>rey manages to operate the big ship and saves finn despite never being there in her life
>rey manages to find AND FIX the flaw in the millenium falcon when han, IT'S OWNER FOR DECADES, didn't know where to begin.
>rey manages to shoot and kill a storm trooper in the first try with perfect accuracy when han told her it was different than just point and shoot, her only "difficulty" was the lock and she still got it off instantly AND shoot the trooper before she got shot
>she manages to overpower someone trained by a jedi master and a thing powerful in the dark side in a mental battle, she has been on a god forsaken desert for AT LEAST 12 years.
>then she manages to completely control a storm trooper mind AFTER PRACTICING ONCE and manages to go UNDETECTED through the entire fucking facility full of trained first order warriors
>she then manages to overpower a once padawan AND NOW dark jedi with training of two masters with a weapon she never used before in her entire fucking life after using a weapon that is not even used the same way as the saber.
And I'm pretty sure I'm missing some, that's way more than 2 friend
>>
Why was there a map to Luke?

Why was it in 2 pieces?

Why was one piece in BB-8?

Was the map tracking the current location of Luke or just where he's been?

Why would Luke make the map if he went into isolation?

Fug
>>
>>63996239
It's obvious she worked on the Falcon, probably for food. Calling it a piece of junk was fan service.

The rest is pretty much a staple of every Star Wars film. How could Luke pilot an X-wing perfectly? How could Luke and Han sneak around the Death Star when even Leia calls Luke out for being short? Don't even get me started on the PT. If you have a problem with Mary Sueish characters, you're in the wrong franchise
>>
>>63996389
This
>Luke goes toe to toe with Vader with presumable no lightsaber training (Yoda sure as fuck didnt give him any)
>>
>>63996271
Better question, why is a solid 8th of the galaxy from the end piece bb8 had "not in any of our databases". Why the fuck did they ever need more than that?
>>
>>63996271

>Why was one piece in BB-8?
BB got that piece from Poe who got it from the old guy in the village, m8.

It's still all ridiculous though.
>>
>>63996389
>Luke's sole form of entertainment was flying in his T-16, bullseyeing Womp Rats

No shit he's a good pilot.

>>63996426
Vader was toying with him, he lost fucking badly
>>
>>63996468
I think BB-8 had the map that showed where Luke was and R2 just had a map for reasons (fan service)
>>
File: 2343566.jpg (36 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
2343566.jpg
36 KB, 500x500
>>63996389
>It's obvious she worked on the Falcon, probably for food.
That's a huge fucking conjeture
>Calling it a piece of junk was fan service.
They literally say everyone said it was busted

>How could Luke pilot an X-wing perfectly?
He's been piloting since he was young, even obi wan says he's like anakin in that regard.
>How could Luke and Han sneak around the Death Star when even Leia calls Luke out for being short?
A suspicion is not enough to fucking call someone out, "wow that guy looks a bit like a thug so I'm gonna report him for no reason", no one would do that specially on a place where you could get fucking choked to death if you fuck up.
>>63996426
>>Luke goes toe to toe with Vader with presumable no lightsaber training (Yoda sure as fuck didnt give him any)
Luke not only had lightsaber training in a new hope with obi wan, he also learned the ways of the force, time and time again it's been told and suggested you need both.
And what happened in ep v?
Luke barely scrapes vader.
Vader fucking cuts luke arm and we realize he's letting him live TO OFFER HIM a spot and to overthrow the emperor. He was toying with the fucking guy and he would've been dead if he wasn't lucky as fuck and even then it was clear he wasn't ready to go against vader much less the empire.

At least watch the fucking movies before you complain about them, get your shit straight.
>>
>>63996239
Don't forget she speaks at least 3 languages as well as astromech.
>>
>>63996525

No really, BB-8 was entrusted with the fragment that Poe recovered when the village was raided by the First Order (speaking of fucking thick ANH fan service).
>>
>>63996543
>>63996513
He still didnt have training in Jedi
>>
>>63996513
Some toy plane =/= a fighter jet in space. Luke had literally 0 combat experience and somehow he survives with Vader who was one of the best pilots in the galaxy on his ass. But you're going to complain about Rey.

>>63996543
>They literally say everyone said it was busted

And what did Luke call it in IV? Oh, that's right, the same exact thing Rey did.
>>
I liked the lightsaber duels. More dynamic than the awkward fencing of the original trilogy, but not as ridiculously choreographed as the prequels.
>>
>>63996389
So you agree shes a mary sue
>>
>>63996613
>and somehow he survives with Vader who was one of the best pilots in the galaxy on his ass
If by 'somehow' you mean Han saves him
>>
>>63991775
Hmm, I'm not sure but that might be because episode I and II went all in with the politics and are hated univerally because "uh it's too boring, ANH is about destroying a death star and TPM is about the senate, hurrrr I need lazers and explosions, not two hours about pulitiks".

I'm not a prequel apologist mind you, there's plenty of reasons to hate them (what I'm saying is they're oftentimes hated for the wrong reasons) but did you sincerely expect anyone to try a political angle on Star Wars (or even to try something that isn't a rehash of ANH) after how the prequels were received?
>>
>>63996646
At times, yes. But this is Star Wars and that's the norm for this franchise.

>>63996628
The physical acting was amazing.
>>
>>63996676
And Kylo had been shot in the dick before his fight with Rey
>>
File: 1392428826443.jpg (6 KB, 130x149) Image search: [Google]
1392428826443.jpg
6 KB, 130x149
>>63996590
He was trained by one of the greatest jedi masters of all time in the ways of the force, he also got trained by his father fucking mentor.
He had to endure that training and fight his own fucking demons and even then he couldn't even come close to vader.
>>63996613
>>>>63996543(You)
>>They literally say everyone said it was busted
>
>And what did Luke call it in IV? Oh, that's right, the same exact thing Rey did.
He said it was a piece of junk.
They LITERALLY SAY IT'S BROKEN IN EP 7
BROKEN AND THAT IT'S BEEN PRETTY MUCH ABANDONED BECAUSE IT'S BUSTED AND SHE MANAGES TO GET IT TO WORK AND THEN FIX IT AGAIN

>Some toy plane =/= a fighter jet in space. Luke had literally 0 combat experience and somehow he survives with Vader who was one of the best pilots in the galaxy on his ass. But you're going to complain about Rey.
Luke didn't even killed anyone, he just flew outside of the inner ring until everyone got fucked, so it was only him and 2 more left.
He was about to get completely ass wiped UNTIL HAN SOLO SAVES HIS ASS AND HE USES HIS YEARS OF TRAINING IN HITTING SMALL TARGETS AS HE EXPLAINED BEFORE.

More and more it shows you didn't even watched the movies.
>>63996705
>At times, yes. But this is Star Wars and that's the norm for this franchise.
Give me examples of people being complete mary sues and not having big gaping flaws in the main six movies.
I'm waiting.
>>
>>63996590
But he did? Enough to make his own lightsaber?

>>63996613
He survives Vader via The Force, being the last fighter vader goes for, and Han saving his ass.

I'm blasting Rey for the fact, being abandoned on a even shittier Tatooine,logicly she probably does not have a lot of flight hours.
>>
>>63996543
thank you viper for your sage reasoning, about 80% of the autists here dont know star wars and only want to shitpost.
>>
>>63996738
>All these caps

Someone got triggered.

>Give me examples of people being complete mary sues and not having big gaping flaws in the main six movies.

Luke in IV, Anakin in I and II. Keep on making excuses for your favorite characters though.
>>
>>63996875
Only Anakin in 1 might count, and even then thats mostly just the part where he destroys the droid ship. Luke in 4 basicaly dindu nuffin and anakin in 2 has plenty of flaws and gets his ass beat by count dooku
>>
File: mary rey sue.png (62 KB, 1015x484) Image search: [Google]
mary rey sue.png
62 KB, 1015x484
>>63996875
>I've literally never been so wrong in my entire life: the post
>>
>>63996933
And builds a sentient robot on his, wins the pod race, and some other shit I know I'm forgetting.
>>
>Finn
>good
Yeah I sure like forced racemixing messages in my movies.
Thank you Jews for another ruined movie by forcing animals into actors
>>
File: 1370320139462.jpg (12 KB, 203x200) Image search: [Google]
1370320139462.jpg
12 KB, 203x200
>>63996938
>This OT apologia
>>
>>63995229
>>63991775
>Phantom Menace ahead of anything
>>
>>63997019
Pod racing is what he does, thats fine. Tinkering with robots is what he does and he works for a junk dealer, also fine. Blowing up the trade federation ship? Mary sue moment. Every bit of force magic or piloting or lightsaber combat Rey did? Mary sue moments. Its really not even close unless they come out and confirm she was highly trained then mind wiped, which would be kinda lame to go rhe Revan route but not exactly a suprise at this point. Still wouldnt forgive her piloting however.
>>
>>63997147
If you think attack of the clones deserves to be above phantom menace you have no clue about cinema.
>>
File: 1396082302899.jpg (73 KB, 417x328) Image search: [Google]
1396082302899.jpg
73 KB, 417x328
>>63997106
>i-i'm not wrong i swear guys
>>
>>63996543
You're the only one here who remembers anything in the originals
>fuck viper, my man
>>
>>63996787
>>63997408
Don't forget to cup the balls
>>
>>63997455
i'm not drinking syrup
>>
>>63991775
a character with no jedi or flight train get´s to succeed both and save the day in the end.
man she was so a fucking mary sue.

it´s kinda funny that the most interesting character is once again the bad guy that hides behind a mask. I hope that he is gonna turn into the true main character at the end of the trilogy.
Like some kind of reverse Anakin.
I mean as far as we know he is also the only new member of the Skywalker line
>>
It would be 100x better if Carrie Fisher and Daisy Ridley could act.
>>
File: 1450660740602.jpg (147 KB, 634x872) Image search: [Google]
1450660740602.jpg
147 KB, 634x872
>>63991775
Someone asked in another thread if you could see her armpits in this movie and I didnt get to reply so I'll post it here.

I counted 6 times

Twice when she met BB8
Once when she took the bag off BB8
Once when she was piloting the falcon
Once when she was fighting Kylo
Once when she was in the Falcon at the end of the movie
Also you could kinda see when she was firing at Kylo

I'll find you anon
>>
>>63997993
That smile is going to haunt my nightmares
>>
>>63992656
This is it:
V > IV > VII > VI > I > III > II
>>
File: fetal alcohol syndrome.jpg (17 KB, 330x327) Image search: [Google]
fetal alcohol syndrome.jpg
17 KB, 330x327
>>63991775
Are you literally mentally retarded? The old actors, robots and nostalgia factor were the only great thing about this.

All the young J.J. Abrams faggot actors were fucking cringe-worthy and terribly casted.

What is going on with /tv/?
>>
>>63992656
damn anon, those are some solid fucking rankings.
>>
>>63998233
Carrie Fischer was a complete abomination
The movie strongest point was the first 40 minutes
>>
>>63998210
>ranking any of the prequals above TFA

Do you enjoy shit as food, too?
>>
>>63998233
Waifu retards shitposting to defend their ugly waifu
>>
File: b8.jpg (27 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
b8.jpg
27 KB, 625x626
>>63991775
>V > VI > III > I > VII > IV > II
>>
OBJECTIVE, PATRICIAN RANKING:
V>IV>III>VI>VII>I>II
>>
>>63992656
Actual rankings:
IV > V= VI >> Power Gap >> III > VII > I > II
>>
>>63998344
>prequels over anything
lmao
>>
File: fetal alcohol syndrome lips.png (61 KB, 138x170) Image search: [Google]
fetal alcohol syndrome lips.png
61 KB, 138x170
>>63998288
Yeah, I wish she would have looked better too but she looks still good for her age. No idea where the hate comes from.
>>
>>63998369
They are a million times better than this 7 shit which has only one good thing; nostalgia.
>>
File: seriously.jpg (24 KB, 340x480) Image search: [Google]
seriously.jpg
24 KB, 340x480
>>63998432
>prequels
>better than 7

Yeah no
>>
>>63998369
episode III really has some greats parts family.
Camille Paglia agrees with me, I can't possibly be that wrong.
>>
File: ab051rE_460s_v2-1-1.jpg (116 KB, 420x512) Image search: [Google]
ab051rE_460s_v2-1-1.jpg
116 KB, 420x512
>>63991775
>Finn
>Poe
>Finn & Poe
>>
>>63998409
It's not just that, her voice reeks of a damaged system due to drugs and she just looks like she just came out of rehab.
I don't hate Carrie Fischer but I hate the way she treated her body and boy does it shows here.
And the problem with the movie was the anh dickwaving, it felt good and nice on the first 40-50 mins where they built the world and the characters but then it went FULL on nostalgia pandering and dropped everything.
>>
>>63995585
This. He overestimated Finn because he's 'just a stormtrooper', that's why Finn escaped in the first place. Same for why Rey escaped.

Probably people have been telling him what a prodigy he is for so long that he's out of practice. He's better than most people, but he's still just a whiny asshole. It's part of his character - He tries to emulate Vader, and Vader always wins effortlessly. Vader can and does toy with his opponents (like he did with Luke in Empire). This is one of the flaws in Ren's character: he wants to be Vader, he tries to be Vader, but he doesn't realize that he's simply not good enough. This is why anyone saying he's 'just another Vader lol' is so ridiculously wrong.
>>
did I miss something? What was supposed to be so bad about the movie? or are you guys all just fucking autistic?
>>
>>63991775
>phoned in soundtrack
What! No way, the use of older themes to weave into the new themes was great. And the tracks are subtler than normal but intense as fuck
It actually kind of reminded me of KOTOR
>>
You dumbasses.

>OMG KYLO IS SUCH A WHINY BITCH!

Yes, because darth Vader was such a macho badass at kylos age and was not litterally Elliott Rodgers.
>>
>>63998534
Contrarians cunts. Don't worry, happens all the time.

The movie is not a masterpiece by any means, but it's still good and fun.
>>
7 is just mediocre. Saved by the fact it copied ANH. I'm pretty certain the next two movies will either copy V&VI or will be complete shit original ideas
>>
I'm watching it for the first time right now. About an hour in.

It seems okay I guess.
>>
>>63998573
okay, that's what I thought
I liked it. Going to watch it a 2nd time this weekend probably.
>>
>>63998660
I watched it twice, going to see for a 3rd time with my sister because she hasn't seen it yet.

The Finn/Poe scenes make it worth it.
>>
>>63998570
>I HATE SAND
>I KILLED THEM, I KILLED THEM ALL
Kylo ren is basically anakin done right, a whiny bitch that it's a satire of himself but that's still a threat.
Anakin was that but doing it super seriously
>>
File: Star-Wars-Boyega.jpg (58 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
Star-Wars-Boyega.jpg
58 KB, 950x534
>>63998488
Of course. If you like awkwardly gay acting that makes no sense at all by the Spanish guy or how this fetal alcohol syndrome girl is suddenly better with the sword and force than someone like Ren without any training at all while Luke had to train with Yoda for days to lift a stone, if you like the token comedy black guy, killing off the only chasimatic actor in the movie and plotholes over plotholes, 7 is better than the prequels.

Hell, it even was filled with Dreamworks tier shit CGI. For some reason no one cares, though.
>>
>>63998808
>Kylo ren is basically anakin done right
What makes you say this? His tantrums are terrible and anticlimatic, even bekame a joke in the movie itself. He looks absolutely terrible and misscasted, we do't know anything about his motivations and why he wants to be the bad guy, him adoring Vader makes no sense in any way since Luke must have told him Vader was actually a good guy and just blind (unless the writing is terrible which I actually doubt) and he lost to Rey and had weaker force than her (which is probably just bad writing, though).

Are you an idiot? Are you one of those guys shitting on the prequels just because you can? Because it's showing.
>>
>>63998570
Everything Anakin did at least made slight sense. Everything Kylo does has no reason at all yet. None.
>>
The stormtrooper with the taser-mace is my favorite part of TFA.
>>
>>63998943
His outbursts were logical under the viewpoint of a pissant kid given everything tantrum.

Anakin was basically "CRAWWWWLLLLINNG THOUGH MY SKIIIN" mixed with elliot rodgers towards padame.
>>
>>63998943
Are you actually defending the prequels?
Are you actually defending the way anakin was seduced to the dark side? By some shitty manipulation and a war against itself with sheev and with some shitty enthusiast director at best plot points and dream effects?

That's the thing, kylo is a legit fucked up kid, he's doesn't HAS a fucking reason, he's fucked up in the head and he doesn't cares, he just wants that satisfaction of being what he wants to be.
>>
>>63998296
he didn't though
holy fuck do half the people in this thread even know what roman numerals are?
>>
>>63998943
>tfw it will never be explained properly why he switched to the dark side
>>
>>63998978
What the fuck are you talking about?

Have you ever seen a sperg tantrum?
>>
>>63991775
PLEB
>>
>>63991775
>III > I > VII > IV > II
Opinion disregarded.
You are no longer allowed to make threads OP.
>>
>>63998994
>h-his motivations are logical if you think of him as a terribly written character and a stubborn kid
OK.

>>63999000
Yes, I'm defending the prequels over this terrible 7. You must be a master of reading comprehension. And you probably didn't watch III, the movie you hate like some braindead mainstream hipster all the time, but Anakin's main motivation to join the dark side was keeping Padme alive and actually having a very, very, very fucked up childhood with the Jedi never devoted the anttion to him he thinks he deserved (they did but it went unnoticed by him). Ren so far has no no motivations at all and already became a literal joke and running gag with storm troopers ignoring him and treating him like a whiny tantrum child.

I would be surprised if it actually gets explained why he joined the dark side. It would not surprise me if retards like you will like him and those terrible movies anyway, though.
>>
File: 12455345.jpg (16 KB, 328x281) Image search: [Google]
12455345.jpg
16 KB, 328x281
>>63999162
>defending prequels
>Calls anything else a terrible movie
LMAO
M
A
O
>>
>>63998943
Not that anon but you seem to not have grasped whu Kylo was well written.
Him throwing tantrums is the whole point. He's powerful, but very unstable, because he's still pulled to the light. Instead of being a whiny cunt like Anakin, Kylo is dangerous, and unpredictable.

He's powerful but misguided, used by others, and because, like Anakin he was probably told times and times again that he was very skilled, he became spoiled. He underestimated Finn and Rey, and got beaten by a very small margin. If being shot by a bowcaster is not enough for you, remember that he just killed his dad for fuck's sake. That might trouble you when you do it, you know.
Remember how Stormtroopers would do fucking flips when shot by the bowcaster? Kylo probably had a big chunk of his lower torso missing, no wonder he lost.

Vader is still one of the most renowned Sith Lord, probably revered by the Dark Side disciples, therefore Kylo must be drawn to him, especially when that O so famous Sith Lord happens to be your Grandfather.

Finally, it's quite easy to imagine that Rey got put on Jakku to be hidden because she was so damn powerful. Luke knew that if she got turned to the Dark Side, she'd wreck everyone's shit in no time. She probably was trained by Luke before a possible mindwipe as well. That training kicks in when she fights.

Fucking hell use your brain man, not everything has to be handed to you, with a nice notice so that you understand.
>>
File: goodopinions.jpg (403 KB, 980x2466) Image search: [Google]
goodopinions.jpg
403 KB, 980x2466
OC do not steal
>>
>>63998365

III only seems good by comparison to the rest of the shitshow of the prequels.

VII was much better just by virtue of the fact it had character motivations that made a modicum of sense and a villain that had more depth than "oh shit we killed dooku off, oh well here's another random evil robot".

Consider this: Anakin goes from edgy teenager to child killing maniac all in the space of about 5 minutes.
>>
>>63999162
>anakin
>better written charicter than kylo.

Hey man, if you like shit, more power to you.
>>
>>63998943

Kylo Ren wasn't cool but his personality actually made sense unlike anakin's. His motivation was actually plausible unlike anakin's "oh shit, I had a dream that Padme died, welp time to slaughter some kids and try to kill my beloved mentor".
>>
File: 1450869137711.jpg (429 KB, 977x3045) Image search: [Google]
1450869137711.jpg
429 KB, 977x3045
>>63999287
Fixed
>>
>>63996008
Death star 1.0 alpha in ep 4
Death star 1.3 beta in ep 6
Death star 2.0 in ep 7
>>
>>63999287
I'd say replace 1 with 2 and I'm good woth that. 1 has Kar Jar and wayyyy too much politics, while 2 had clones.
>>
>>63999203
>defending 7
>acts like he has some superior standars
kek
>>
>>63995311
if you had to work and live in a place as fucking gigantic as a planet-sized laser engine, you'd wanna memorize the layout too
>>
>>63995113
I actually agree with everything you wrote including your rankings, spot on
>>
>>63996204
You guys have shit taste. Kylo was better than Rey and FInn for most of the movie.
>>
>>63999228
>Not that anon but you seem to not have grasped whu Kylo was well written.
>Him throwing tantrums is the whole point. He's powerful, but very unstable, because he's still pulled to the light. Instead of being a whiny cunt like Anakin, Kylo is dangerous, and unpredictable.
He already became a joke and a running gag in this very movie, you didn't miss this, did you? And how is killing all the sand people or fucking babby Jedi not unpredictable? And how is losing to Rey who didn't train for a second dangerous?

Not reading the rest of this shit.

My main complaint is how it's not explained at all why he joined the dark side and I'm sure as fuck we'll never get any good explanation for this while Anakin at least wanted to save Padme's life and had a terrible life. I don't need some fanboy text wall about what I consider a 2/10 movie.
>>
Can anyone tell me how General Hux "did nothing wrong"?
>>
>>63996271
Yeah next movie better explain Luke's motive. Why the fuck wouldn't he deal with Kylo instead of running away? Why did he hide his whereabouts?
>>
>>63991775
That drawing is wrong. She should have a down syndrome forehead, undefined eyes and a giant alien queen mouth
>>
>>63995113
Pretty much this.

People have to understand that most of their critics qualify more as a Cinema Sin, than anything else. It doesn't make the whole movie shit because of one incoherence or one bad line.
>>
>>63998233
Poe was good but yeah I don't get all love I guess its tdk all over again. Ove rhyped shit
>>
>>63999490
He was another disgusting casting choice with ugly looking lips and retarded, edgy, blatant nazi rip-off writing. Everything about him and this movie is wrong.

Everything about him screams J.J. Abrams.
>>
>>63999486
>2/10

I'll be the first to admit that the movie isn't a masterpiece, but it's far from being an utter failure like you claim.
Your shit contrarian mentality is showing.

What's the point of blaming a movie when you won't even read someone trying to make you understand things you might have missed about it?
You just want to look cool by hating something.
>>
>>63999486

Anakin's motivation for saving Padme was based on a dream he had, then when he turns to the dark side he force chokes her at the drop of a hat anyway.

When did anakin have any predilection for seeing the future before episode 3? Why would a fucking dream cause him to turn to the dark side? It's like he was looking for any paper thin excuse to join the dark side, it wasn't like he was emotionally torn at all.

He might as well have gone "oh shit its raining today, that's it time to join the dark side". That is the quality of George Lucas's writing.

Kylo ren actually did seem torn, frustrated, scared he wouldn't live up to the legacy of his Grandfather. Intimidating occasionally but also very human.
>>
>>63999486
>I don't need some fanboy text wall about what I consider a 2/10 movie.

Being that you thought the prequals were superior, nobody really cares about your opinions bruh.
>>
>>63999622

I'm not saying VII is the best movie ever or classic cinema by the way. Its basically IV rebooted.

But it was entertaining and wasn't nonsensical garbage like the prequels.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 1286x930) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 1286x930
This is how they're tricking normies
For the uninformed, coke classic =/= coke
>>
>>63999490
His stated goal is to destroy the Senate, which we know to be evil.

He is not racist, classist, or fascist.

He is the hero.
>>
>>63999539
POE WASN'T EVEN GOOD

HE DIDNT GET A CHANCE TO BE GOOD

OSCAR ISAAC IS A LEGIT ACTOR, COMPLETELY WASTED BY A THROWAWAY CHARACTER WITH ZERO PERSONALITY

ADAM DRIVER WAS GOOD, EVERYONE ELSE WAS DELIVERING FLAT LINES
>>
>>64000108
He was fucking awesome in first scene. You talk first or me? It was only line my theater laughed at during the movie.
>>
>>63994237
I watched it expecting a load of girl power/I don't need no man shit because of seeing stuff in here and it just wasn't.

People on here just like to moan about feminism and try to make it seem like it's everywhere. They said the same about Mad Max
>>
File: like_pottery.jpg (99 KB, 659x659) Image search: [Google]
like_pottery.jpg
99 KB, 659x659
>>63994111

>M. Night Shamalama does VIII
>Ren turns to the light side after realizing he's shit as a Sith and Vader changed sides too
>Rey goes all evil in order to mirror how Luke went to the dark side in the EU
>>
>>64000339
Of course 4chan will exagerate anything.

Twats like these don't realise they get triggered just as easily as tumblr.
>>
>>64000339
MAD MAX REPLACED THE MALE HERO WITH A FEMALE HERO AND KUCKED THE TITULAR CHARACTER INTO A SIDEKICK

TFA ISN'T VERY DIFFERENT

MALE HEROES HAVE NO PLACE IN 2015, SHITLORD
>>
>>63991775
>/co/mblr: The Force Awakens

Kill yourself
>>
When Ray out-strengthed Kylo and pushed his saber into the snow I existed the film and went and fucked a black guy
>>
File: glib_facsimile.jpg (301 KB, 699x1211) Image search: [Google]
glib_facsimile.jpg
301 KB, 699x1211
>>63991775
>Too much Han and Leia
So, you don't want the original cast that MADE Star Wars what it is? Pleb.

>Those rankings
Worst fucking rankings I've seen. How the fuck are you going to have any of the prequels or "The New Hope Awakens" above the original?
>>
>>64000928
>existed
Sounds like your brain exited your skull as well.
>>
>>63992656

Objectively the only ranking.
>>
>>63992813

This.

Still total morons on this board that didn't understand the point of Ren's character.
>>
>>63991775
>>Finn and Rey's relationship
>good

Please stop.
>>
>>64001017
HAHA GOT ME ON A TYPO FUUCKING NICE MAN CAN YOU COME BACK TO REEDDIIIT WITH ME
>>
>>64001011
I know this image is bait, but even for bait it takes a few too many stretches and liberal interpretations to fit.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-21-21-19-12.png (237 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-21-21-19-12.png
237 KB, 1080x1920
>>63995113
Agree wholeheartedly sir.

To have some similarities for nostalgia is fine.

When you have SCENE FOR SCENE AND PLOT FOR PLOT similarities, that's when you have a copycat movie that plebs love to call the greatest thing since sliced bread.
>>
>>64001112
I'm using it seriously.
I'm not baiting.
Also >>64001174
It's literally IV with "THE YEAR IS 2015!!!" posted over it.

They match plot for plot, scene for scene.

I'd honestly call it plagiarism
>>
>>63992656
>Good
>Meh
4, 6, 3
>Bad
1, 2
Rehash/Trash
>>
>bad
>shitty JJ quip dialogue
U wot? There were much fewer quips overall than I expected.
>>
File: 1450870475681.jpg (42 KB, 426x617) Image search: [Google]
1450870475681.jpg
42 KB, 426x617
>>63991775
>Anime Daisy

Hnnng
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.