[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>came up with the Crystal Skulls idea >wanted it to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Lucas.jpg (2 MB, 1333x2000) Image search: [Google]
Lucas.jpg
2 MB, 1333x2000
>came up with the Crystal Skulls idea
>wanted it to be originally about atomic ant men
>Conceived Temple of Doom as a castle haunted house movie before Spielberg told him no.

How can one man have so many awful ideas across different series?
>>
>Don't use George's ideas
>The movies suck anyways
Atomic ant men would have been better than aliens.
>>
>>63990299
And yet he came up with Star Wars and Indiana Jones, he gave us THX, Lucasfilm and Pixar.

The man is a flawed but creative individual, he just sucks at executing a lot of his ideas.
>>
>>63990299
>Born in Modest CA

Speaking from experience, this explains everything.

Although Jeremy Renner is from here too so maybe it's not so bad
>>
>>63990385
I know it's overstated because >le redditlettermedia, but he really does need people to challenge and question him to put out real quality work. The same can be said for just about any creative person, really.

As far as idea guys go, Lucas is the GOAT. Even the most hated parts of Star Wars are imaginative as fuck.
>>
>>63990446
>but he really does need people to challenge and question him to put out real quality work.

I agree, but more so than for others.

I think he's more of a technical genius. He's been very good at cgi, special and practical effects stuff, as well as THX and Pixar. He's not very right brained/creatively talented; his stories often suck, but his ideas are sometimes good.
>>
>>63990299
NOW I AM VADER
>>
File: Tim_Schafer_2011.jpg (401 KB, 680x994) Image search: [Google]
Tim_Schafer_2011.jpg
401 KB, 680x994
>>63990446
>The same can be said for just about any creative person, really.

Basically, yeah. It's why authors have editors, movies have producers and video games have shitheads like Bobby Kotick. You need someone who will say "no" occasionally to filter out the good stuff from the shit.
>>
>>63990299
Post all your successful movie ideas
>>
>>63990668
Not only that but to polish it.

No one is perfect and can write a brilliant masterpiece without help from others. It's always a colloborative effort. Someone can write a good story but often they'll have dialogue issues and get an editor to fix it.
>>
>>63990385
>he's terrible...but this came out of his fuckups!
Why do people say this type of shit all the time?

They use the same argument with Steve Jobs and Pixar.

These people create nothing. Sure, there is an environment where people who DO create shit worked but those people would've found another avenue, trust me.

Without Thomas Edison we would've still had the god damn lightbulb, motion camera, and phone but a lot more people wouldn't have been fucked over by another "genius".

George Lucas, Steve Jobs, Thomas Edison, etc. are all the same. Stop this shit.
>>
>>63990690
A young farm boy on a desert planet set far into the future, discovers he has mystical powers and must save the galaxy.

I'm going to call it: Star Wars.

What do you think? Will it break even at the box office?
>>
Can you imagine how bad this motherfucker would have shit over the works of Tolkien if he had gotten the rights to make the Lord of the Rings?
>>
>>63990762
Steve Jobs was a creative genius, you're just a NEET.
>>
>>63990731
I think The Shining is a perfect example of this.
>>
>>63990822
>creative genius

>Yes, let's recreate the phone! Brilliant!

>Yes, let's recreate the digital music player! Brilliant!

>But what's the difference than what Asia has been doing the last two years? It's got an Apple on it! Brilliant!

Eat my ass with a spoon, kid. At least Gates was honest about ripping off ideas from Wozniak and other tech companies. Jobs still had his head stuck too far up his "tech tank" to be honest about it.
>>
>After he learned that Joseph Stalin was interested in psychic warfare, he decided to have Russians as the villains and the aliens to have psychic powers.[40] Following Stuart's next draft, Lucas hired Last Crusade writer Jeffrey Boam to write the next three versions, the last of which was completed in March 1996. Three months later, Independence Day was released, and Spielberg told Lucas he would not make another alien invasion film. Lucas decided to focus on the Star Wars prequels.[16]

>Lucas convinced Spielberg to use aliens in the plot by saying they were not "extraterrestrials", but "interdimensional", with this concept taking inspiration in the superstring theory.[20]

>Koepp's "bright [title] idea" was Indiana Jones and the Son of Indiana Jones, and Spielberg had also considered having the title name the aliens as The Mysterians, but dropped that when he remembered that was another film's title.[20]
>>
>>63990299
That was Last crusade that was the haunted house, historian. He had the ideas for what would become of Temple, and kasdan left because he was too much of a pussy to write it
>>
Both of those ideas sound cool to me.
>>
>>63990771
Replace it with a girl and you got it, JJ!
>>
It's genuinely baffling at just how retarded George really is in almost every way.

He's a shit director.
The choices he makes for movies are beyond dumb.
He continuously makes edits and changes to the original Star Wars for literally no reason and the changes actually hurt the movies.
He acts like a child whenever people correct him or tell him he's wrong.
Treats his franchise like a child treats their toys.
Fucks up everything he touches.
Most likely has autism, or at least acts like he does.

At best you can say George is imaginative and is a pretty good business man. He's a complete fuckup in everything else. It's sad to think there are people out in the world who still actually don't know any of this and still think that George is an amazing person who is responsible for the original Star Wars movies.
>>
those are great ideas

sorry you have popcorn tier imagination op
>>
>Speaking on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Green Hornet actor Seth Rogen revealed that during a meeting with the Star Wars creator and director Steven Spielberg the topic of conversation soon turned to the potential for Armageddon next year.

>"George Lucas sits down and seriously proceeds to talk for around 25 minutes about how he thinks the world is going to end in the year 2012," WENN quotes Rogen as saying. "He's going on about the tectonic plates and all the time Spielberg is rolling his eyes, like, 'My nerdy friend won't shut up, I'm sorry..."

>Rogen admitted that he initially thought Lucas was joking, adding: "I totally realised he was serious and then I started thinking, 'If you're George Lucas and you actually think the world is going to end in a year, there's no way you haven't built a spaceship for yourself. So I asked him, 'Can I have a seat on it?'"

George Lucas even weirds out stoners.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.