[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we just take a moment to appreciate this masterpiece? I didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: avatar.jpg (143 KB, 1016x1500) Image search: [Google]
143 KB, 1016x1500
Can we just take a moment to appreciate this masterpiece? I didn't like it initially, but after seeing it reach #1 as the highest grossing film of all time, I relented my prior opinion and now sing praises for it.

Bravo James Cameron.
>>
>>63985916
But Reddit Leddit Media told me it was stoopid
>>
File: avatarded.jpg (13 KB, 552x288) Image search: [Google]
13 KB, 552x288
>>63985916

Your time is up
>>
This film would be ten times better without all the military cliches, particularly the whole character of antagonist, jesus christ
>>
File: oh no you didint.jpg (42 KB, 244x210) Image search: [Google]
oh no you didint.jpg
42 KB, 244x210
>>63985916
>masterpiece
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H66tior0Z70
>>
>>63986051
But it was. It did literally everything right. It told its story SO well people felt it in their fucking bones and it became the main reason people detract from it.
>>
>>63986006
So the 7th film in the world's most famous movie series with the biggest marketing budget ever, MIGHT beat an original IP domestically (no chance globally).

Star Wars babbies literally on suicide watch that James Cameron wants to make movies for adults and wouldn't direct a stale remake of the first movie.
>>
>>63986136
>its story

Yes, Dances with Wolves in Space was a great story. It made its money on a #D gimmick. Nothing more.
>>
Thank you based as fuck Cameron
>>
It was visually captivating and immersive. The story was rehashed shit, but it was basic and popular rehashed shit.
>>
>after seeing it reach #1 as the highest grossing film of all time, I relented my prior opinion and now sing praises for it.

pretty sure hes taking the piss, but yeah
i really like avatar. its one of my favourite movies
>>
Seeing Avatar for the first time was a revelation, I had never dreamed cinema could reach such heights, but Cameron never disappoints
>>
It was awesome to look at. That was about it.
>>
File: PepeCactus.png (403 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
PepeCactus.png
403 KB, 1500x1500
Cameroncucks in full damage control mode
>>
>>63986217
Lots of 3D movies before and since. None even close to touching Avatar.
>>
>>63986419
this
>>
File: james cameron.jpg (114 KB, 650x560) Image search: [Google]
james cameron.jpg
114 KB, 650x560
>>63986487
TFA isn't doing enough foreign BO to beat Avatar. Sorry forcefag
>>
Best movie ever made
>>
>>63986575
Avatar is why we have shitty 3D movies right now. Its started a meme. Avatar only has its visuals going for it. Shitty movie otherwise. Any movie that trys to make you root against the human race is a shit movie.
>>
>>63985916
>masterpiece
>pochahontas in space with a contrived predictable formulaic plot

It's a good movie, that's it. TFA is slightly better.
>>
>>63986575
but no one gives a fuck about 3d anymore
>>
>>63986667
>visuals going for it
yes retard because movies are about reading.
>>
>>63986672
I had no idea what to expect while watching the movie. Yeah, afterwards I could compare it to Dances with Wolves, but the story was told well, and that's what matters.

There's lots of movies that copy stories, very few that do it well. I literally yawned when the Starkiller base exploded.
>>
>>63986744
You are a fucking moron.
>>
>shit story
>terrible characters

Why did this meme movie make money? Oh yeah, the 3D gimmick.
>>
I feel the Naavi were justified in defending their home but Jake was a crappy liaison and might have been able to prevent violence if he wasn't too busy trying to get blue pussy.
>>
>>63986816
mister I read scripts I don't watch movies.
>>
it looked nice

otherwise shitty "muh tree hugging" "muh cultural assimilation" plot
>>
I liked it. Blah blah, Pocohantas, but on the basic structure there's a lot of cool atmosphere and design work and stuff. It's not a super great movie but it's better than the hate it gets.
>>
>making you root against your own species

fuck Avatar. I'll never root against the human race. The only way Im seeing Avatar 2 is if its just 120 mins of watching the Earth fleet glass the entire planet.
>>
File: indonesia.jpg (50 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
indonesia.jpg
50 KB, 620x372
>>63987044
hello reddit
>>
>>63987563
you're literally cucked by a race of giant fucking smurfs

C
U
C
K
>>
>>63987795
Implying you could get a piece of that hot blue puss.
>>
>>63987852
no thanks ill stick to the homo sapien sapien masterace
>>
>>63988005
jesus you ARE that insecure, aren't you?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.