[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Roland Deschain is nigger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: rolandnigger.jpg (152 KB, 634x855) Image search: [Google]
rolandnigger.jpg
152 KB, 634x855
who the fuck did this. Wait 30 years to make this movie just to make roland a nigger. Thoughts /tv?
>>
>>63985527
A big waste.
I wouldn't expect anything better though anymore.
>>
>>63985527
>Thoughts /tv?
I think that John Boyega from Star Wars™ Episode VII: The Force Awakens™ proved that we can turn antiquated racial presumptions on their heads and still deliver a generation-defining movie that shatters box office records and currently holds a 95% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Head down to your local cinema and buy a ticket today!
>>
great actor. good for them. between this and mcconaughey as flagg, I'll actually interested in the damn movie.
>>
>>63985674
This. Was Roland's race ever actually talked about in the books? Illustrators always drew him as a knock-off of Clint Eastwood but what about the text itself?
>>
>>63985674
im excited about that
>>63985603
he did a fine job im just not sure why you'd change the characters. Roland is a white, kinda old dude in the books
>>
>>63985527
I think as long as they give him contacts for the right color eyes, he should be amazing.
I'm also buttmad that yet another thing I've been waiting for for the majority of my life is being tainted by capitulation to SJW bulllshit, but at this point I can't fight anymore.
>>
>>63985527
Roland being white was necessary in the plot because of Susannah

Which means they will have to change Sue from black to white

Which means she will be a crippled white racist supremacist

OH LOOK WHAT COINCIDENCE
>>
>>63985674
>>63985737
Are you retarded? Did you read the books you imbeciles
>>
>>63985737
>Was Roland's race ever actually talked about in the books?
Couple times yeah, and King has gone on record that he sees the character as looking basically like young Clint Eastwood on numerous occasions.
>>
>>63985845
>>63985737 here. Quite a while ago so I was genuinely wondering.
>>
>>63985879
Multiple times. Especially with all going on with Detta/Odetta-Susannah WHICH IS BLACK for a reason

You wanna picture the perfect Roland? Viggo Mortensen
>>
Wait is Dark Tower actually out of production hell or is this just more rumors?
>>
>>63985918
Yeah, Viggo is who I pictured when I started reading the series back in the early 2000s. Hell, he'd still be great for the role now.
>>
>>63985806
Shit I didn't even think of this. Goddammit, honestly they'll probably just keep her black too, because fuck the story, nerds will watch it anyway.
And they're right, I will, fuck.
>>
>>63985737
>>63985879
Odetta calls him a honky in Drawing of the Three.
>>
>>63985918
>>63985949
>also pictured Viggo

My dudes.
>>
>>63985999
Also when they meet Stephen King he's said to look like Roland if he were older and fatter.
>>
>>63985737
>Was character ever described in the books?
>Obviously I haven't read them!
>>
>>63985966
They wont keep her black. She's a black, psycho, crippled racist woman.

Now immagine Hollywood trying to sell that.

The whole reversal on Roland is probably being forced just to alter Detta
>>
>>63985527
>[white boi whining intensifies]
>>
File: 1450497068503.gif (3 MB, 336x178) Image search: [Google]
1450497068503.gif
3 MB, 336x178
>>63985603
>generation-defining
>same old shit in a new coat of paint and lots of flashy lights
>absolutely devoid of any originality or heart and made purely for profit
Yup.
>>
>>63986111
But she's a disabled, mentally ill, heroic, empowered WoC who's "rightfully angry at her oppressers"
Tumblr will fucking explode if they whitewash her
>>
>>63986335
>>absolutely devoid of any originality or heart and made purely for profit
To be fair, Star Wars has been like this ever since The Phantom Menace.
>>
File: AbeOik6.jpg (3 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
AbeOik6.jpg
3 KB, 160x160
>>63985603
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.